PDA

View Full Version : HMC: Anastasia Myskina RUS d. Francesca Schiavone ITA 6-3 6-2

martinafan
Jan 6th, 2005, 11:46 AM
On the second court tonight!

Congrats Anastasia! Good start to the year in singles at least!

If only Marat was playing better.......:rolleyes:

daniela86
Jan 6th, 2005, 11:54 AM
nastya rocks!! :yeah: :) :hug:

Shoulderpova
Jan 6th, 2005, 11:59 AM
powerful Nastya:smooch:

Daniel
Jan 6th, 2005, 12:42 PM
Nastya is the best :yeah:

now to wait for Marat to lose :p :rolleyes:

V.Melb
Jan 6th, 2005, 12:50 PM
Schiavone was utterly crushed in this match i am surprised she got 5 games. Myskina was literally toying with Francesca and crushing the italians topspin balls for countless cross-court and down the line winners. I was really shocked .... Schiavone was never even given the chance to run down her opponents shots... Myskina was whipping effortless winners everywhere and completely dictating play. Francessca looked right out of her league.

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 6th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Nastya :D :) :banana:

now if only if Marat hadn't left his brains back home :o

Jackson.
Jan 6th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Nasty :D :D :D

If only Marat had shown up :p

_LuCaS_
Jan 6th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Way to go Nastya !!!

skanky~skanketta
Jan 6th, 2005, 02:24 PM
nasty has been playing pretty well and i believe that she could be one of thhe contenders for the AO title.

cant believe i just said that!:tape:

_LuCaS_
Jan 6th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Well, now it's official :)

10nisfanofruz
Jan 6th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Myskina is so ready for Australian Open. I am sure that she will do well and get to deeper round.

-------------------------------------------

The russians are ready to roll
Winning Australian Open to make RUSSIAN SLAMS
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

tennnisfannn
Jan 6th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Myskina is so ready for Australian Open. I am sure that she will do well and get to deeper round.

-------------------------------------------
History is on her side, In the last three years the winner of the french open has gone on to win the AO, first jen did it, then serena then justine. This year i want a different result to benefit my fav.;)

Emptiness
Jan 6th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Myskina is so ready for Australian Open. I am sure that she will do well and get to deeper round.Congratulations, you've just jinxed her. http://www.imagelink.org/id30822.gif

goldenlox
Jan 6th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Anastasia hasn't lost a set in Hopman Cup.
She played well at the AO last year.
I think if she could have won that second set against Kim, she could have won the AO last year.

DevilishAttitude
Jan 6th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Francesca :fiery: :rolleyes:
End of her unbeaten record in Hopman Cup :sad:

Nastya seems a nemesis for her :(

I wouldn't be too quick to see Myskina a huge threat for the title. Her wins were against Gronefeld who's had not much success since juniors. Dulko and Schiavone don't have the games on indoor to really hurt her. I don't see Myskina beating the likes of Amelie, Serena, Justine even Jenny if Jenny plays well

goldenlox
Jan 6th, 2005, 06:11 PM
I don't see Myskina beating the likes of Amelie, Serena, Justine even Jenny if Jenny plays wellI heard the same thing at RG. The bottom half was supposed to be between Serena, Jennifer, and Venus.
Anastasia can only keep winning, and then she will finally get credit.

_LuCaS_
Jan 6th, 2005, 10:49 PM
Indeed she is one of the most underrated player in wta, like some say. I don't have a problem with that. Hell, I want her to have small chances everywhere, so that I can make some money ;). Oh and let's not forget. The most underrated #1 ever. I like the sound of it.

fammmmedspin
Jan 6th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Safin even managed to lose his singles against Italy. In his last interview he said he needed another week to warm up - QED.

Bероника
Jan 7th, 2005, 01:23 AM
Fran :(

fammmmedspin
Jan 7th, 2005, 01:54 AM
Fran :(
Fran doesn't do that well against Russians - look at Safina, Bovina, Elena L.... probably something to do with what they and she have in common in the way they play and the fact that many of them are bigger, hit harder and are relatively consistent. Losing to the best Russian is no great shame.:) Nice if she could master a few of them though before there are even more blocking her way up the teens in the rankings..

Jeff
Jan 7th, 2005, 03:44 AM
I heard the same thing at RG. The bottom half was supposed to be between Serena, Jennifer, and Venus.
Anastasia can only keep winning, and then she will finally get credit.Indeed

And Marat's loss to Sanguinetti with a 0-6 in the third is just a joke