PDA

View Full Version : Kate Bush to release a new album after 12 years!

Steffica Greles
Jan 5th, 2005, 04:05 PM
This is the best news the British music industry has received in years. After all these years as a recluse, hanging out in her studio and being a mother, she's still far from forgotten. Already most of the British press has devoted space to the news.

Tori Amos also has a new album released in February, and she's often been likened to Kate. It'll be interesting to see their albums around at the same time.

Tori herself has admitted to being an admirer, as well as Prince, Bjork, Peter Gabriel (who she worked with), Sarah Maclachlan, Kate Melua and even Outkast.

Twelve years after her last release, one of pop's most mercurial performers has delivered a surprise Christmas present to her long-suffering fan club. The record features the last work of Michael Kamen, the composer and arranger, who died last year. She has also been working with Mich Karn, bassist with Eighties new romantic group Japan, drummer Stuart Elliott and jazz percussionist Peter Erskine. The London Metropolitan Orchestra will feature with two classical musicians, Emma Murphy and Susanna Pell. Bush, 46, burst on to the music scene as a 17-year-old with the swooping Brontë-inspired Wuthering Heights. She was noted as a unique performer who combined musical theatre, dance, poetry and rock. But she retired from live performance in 1979 and her recordings became more rare, despite huge successes including Hounds of Love in 1984. In 1993 she released an album and a self-directed film entitled The Red Shoes, then retreated to her home near Reading to sculpt and work on an untitled project. Her record company, EMI, has waited patiently for the results. Her long absence even inspired a novel, Waiting for Kate Bush, by John Mendelssohn. But what everyone, not least EMI, would like to know is when the album will be released. "We'll let you know," Bush writes. March has been hinted at. Bush returns as a new generation of artists recall her as an inspiration. OutKast, the US rap group, want to produce her next record. Madonna, Björk, P.J.Harvey and Katie Melua have revealed the debt they owe to the doctor's daughter from Bexleyheath, southeast London.

Here's the news link....

http://homepage.eircom.net/~twoms/katenews.htm

:)

the cat
Jan 5th, 2005, 04:07 PM
That's good news. :) I've missed Kate. And hopefully Fiona Apple will release a new album soon. It's been too long.

Beat
Jan 5th, 2005, 04:18 PM
i don't believe it until i have the album in my hands, but here's hoping :)

fiona apple has finished an album a long time ago, but she's been fighting with her record label ever since, so who knows if that album will ever see the light of day... :confused:

Mrs. Peel
Jan 5th, 2005, 04:31 PM
Wow..that was 12 years ago when I bought The Red Shoes?!?!? I am so happy to hear that Kate will be producing more music. I love that she is working wioth Mick Karn...I can imagine what music they would make together!

A New Tori album too? Heaven........................

CC
Jan 5th, 2005, 06:10 PM
I was listening to a Tori Amos CD (Under the Pink) a couple days ago, and it struck me how puzzling her lyrics are. I can never quite figure out what she's singing about.

andrew_uk
Jan 5th, 2005, 07:49 PM
It's fantastic that Kate is coming back, Alisha's Attic, one of my favourite bands were hugely influenced by Kate Bush. I have Kate Bush's 'The Whole Story' which is a CD of her hits. I'm also looking forward to the release of Shelly McErlaine's solo material (as many of you know :p) It will be released very soon, she was 1 of Alisha's Attic and her voice is strikingly similiar to Kate's :)

thegoose
Jan 9th, 2005, 04:01 PM
I've also got 'The Whole Story' after falling in love with Wuthering Heights at a young age. I think its probably the best album i've got!! I can't wait to see what her new material is like - should be interesting. I've got a newspaper article pinned on my wall at the moment about her return just so theres no possibility i forget!!!!

bionic71
Jan 10th, 2005, 03:35 AM
:)

Becool
Jan 10th, 2005, 03:42 AM
I looooove wuthering heights!!!
such a powerful melody!

~ The Leopard ~
Jan 10th, 2005, 05:11 AM
Kate!! :hearts:

gentenaire
Jan 10th, 2005, 05:42 AM
Great news! :D And a new Tori CD too :D

And I agree, I'd love it if Fiona Apple released a new CD as well.