PDA

View Full Version : Serena Williams -- injured or not?

Paialii
Jan 5th, 2005, 05:00 PM
Hey all.

I'm aware of Serena's constant knee problems, but I haven't heard anything of them since before or around the US Open. The only injury I've heard of since is her abdominal region, which started hurting (and ended up affecting her play in the final against Sharapova) at the WTA Championships. Is this still bothering her? I haven't heard anything, and people here keep labelling her as "injured" when I'm wondering if they're just guessing.

She hasn't released any statements on such, has she? I'd like to think that she's injury-free and ready to compete for the AO title at full-force, but the more I see the word "injured" come up here, I wonder. Thanks for any replies. I'd appreciate sources...credited ones. ;)

~Terra

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jan 5th, 2005, 05:18 PM
I guess we won't know until she either shows up or pulls out of the AO. But I'm hoping that she's just nursing her strain, until the Open.

Paneru
Jan 5th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Serena will be arriving in Hong Kong in a few hours.

She'll be playing doubles with Venus.

serenafan08
Jan 5th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Hey all.

I'm aware of Serena's constant knee problems, but I haven't heard anything of them since before or around the US Open. The only injury I've heard of since is her abdominal region, which started hurting (and ended up affecting her play in the final against Sharapova) at the WTA Championships. Is this still bothering her? I haven't heard anything, and people here keep labelling her as "injured" when I'm wondering if they're just guessing.

She hasn't released any statements on such, has she? I'd like to think that she's injury-free and ready to compete for the AO title at full-force, but the more I see the word "injured" come up here, I wonder. Thanks for any replies. I'd appreciate sources...credited ones. ;)

~Terra
I just read on ESPN.com that Serena pulled out of the Hong Kong exhibition because of the abdominal injury - so it must still be bothering her. We'll just have to wait and see if she's going to play @ the Aussie Open later this month.

Julia1968
Jan 5th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Serena will be arriving in Hong Kong in a few hours.

She'll be playing doubles with Venus.

Its scarey to think that the "average Joe" so closely follows their favorite WTA player that they know their airline itineraries.

Sportfan
Jan 5th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Its scarey to think that the "average Joe" so closely follows their favorite WTA player that they know their airline itineraries.
The only person who is scary is you.

Julia1968
Jan 5th, 2005, 07:46 PM
The only person who is scary is you.

Thanks, Shorty. I have a strange feeling you shouldn't walk in busy traffic. You might make the wrong choice.

Sportfan
Jan 5th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Thanks, Shorty. I have a strange feeling you shouldn't walk in busy traffic. You might make the wrong choice.

:lol: Okay that is the best you could do??? :tape: . Thanks for the concern anyway. I have a feeling I will be more than okay.

Volcana
Jan 5th, 2005, 08:00 PM
You missed the thread about this two days ago.

"Mauresmo, Serena give Open stomach pangs."

http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=145625

Paneru
Jan 5th, 2005, 08:03 PM

Yeah, any "average Joe" who
can read a newspaper! :p

Pureracket
Jan 5th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Yeah, any "average Joe" who
can read a newspaper! :pLOL!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Alfie
Jan 5th, 2005, 08:29 PM
I just read on ESPN.com that Serena pulled out of the Hong Kong exhibition because of the abdominal injury - so it must still be bothering her. We'll just have to wait and see if she's going to play @ the Aussie Open later this month.

NOOOOO! Serena's the only one who can stop the Russian domination at this point. I hope she'll be able to play the AO, but if she's injured it's best she rest.

Dave B
Jan 5th, 2005, 08:37 PM

I must write my pathetic insults in bold for them to be effective

Venus+Serena#1fan
Jan 5th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Serena is still in the exhibition for doubles. The article on espn.com is about her withdrawing for singles.