PDA

View Full Version : My sister just got engaged.

skanky~skanketta
Jan 5th, 2005, 12:06 PM
and i've been sobbing the last hour because of it.

its not that i'm not happy for her because i am. but she's my big sister. the one who borrows my lingerie without asking. the first person i told when i lost my virginity. the one who always takes the blame for me. the one who covered for me when i smashed the hyundai. the one who lends me her $400 kate spade bag without any conditions. the one who fights and argues with me all the time and yet in the end, lets me win just so i wont get upset. the only one whose advise i actually take.

and now she's going to be leaving me behind.

i know i'm being dramatic but its how i feel. i know that this day would come sooner or later, she's 25 already and she'll be a houseman at the end of the year but its depressing. i mean yes she has been going steady with her "fiance" (god its hard to say it) for about a year and a half and on and off 4 years before that. but i feel awful because i keep hoping that she'll break the engagement. its for purely selfish reasons but i cant help it.i feel like crying all over again. :sobbing:

Ekkekko
Jan 5th, 2005, 12:09 PM
:awww: Ronnie...:hug: Let's be happy then and look at the brighter side of it all :D

skanky~skanketta
Jan 5th, 2005, 12:17 PM
i cant seem to find the silver lining in this one esther.

-Ph51-
Jan 5th, 2005, 12:26 PM
Cry all over again :devil:

skanky~skanketta
Jan 5th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Cry all over again :devil:i'm serious ph. i'm feeling really down.

SpikeyAidanm
Jan 5th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Is her fiancee hot lol

Ekkekko
Jan 5th, 2005, 12:29 PM
i cant seem to find the silver lining in this one esther. you could try to look at it this way, that your sis is probably going to have a wonderful and lovely life ahead of her :)

skanky~skanketta
Jan 5th, 2005, 12:32 PM
++']you could try to look at it this way, that your sis is probably going to have a wonderful and lovely life ahead of her :)
well if u put it that way....

i'm losing my sister to some newcomer.:sobbing:

and i dont think her fiance is hot aidan.

-Ph51-
Jan 5th, 2005, 12:32 PM
i'm serious ph. i'm feeling really down.
Have sex :angel:

Ekkekko
Jan 5th, 2005, 12:34 PM
well if u put it that way....

i'm losing my sister to some newcomer.:sobbing:

and i dont think her fiance is hot aidan. but that newcomer is being married into your family and he's what one would call as an in-law :) it'll probably take a while for you to accept him into your life :hug:

skanky~skanketta
Jan 5th, 2005, 12:36 PM
++']but that newcomer is being married into your family and he's what one would call as an in-law :) it'll probably take a while for you to accept him into your life :hug:u're probably right. i mean, i've not really been nice to him ever since they got serious. whenever he was there i beecame all passive and sullen.
i feel like giving him a tight slap now. just an urge.

Ekkekko
Jan 5th, 2005, 12:38 PM
u're probably right. i mean, i've not really been nice to him ever since they got serious. whenever he was there i beecame all passive and sullen.
i feel like giving him a tight slap now. just an urge. it'll take a while though ;) but over time, things would change..it'll definitely change..:smooch:

daniela86
Jan 5th, 2005, 02:26 PM
++']it'll take a while though ;) but over time, things would change..it'll definitely change..:smooch:
i agree,this is life. Don't worry veronica. with the time, you'll become more and more mature and you won't need your sister that much. try to get closer with some of your friends if you need affection.And your sister isn't dead, you 'll keep on seeing her even it will never be the same. :cool: About her fiancée,he managed to make your sister in love with him, so he must be someone nice, not a looser. :)

CooCooCachoo
Jan 5th, 2005, 02:32 PM
I hope you'll be fine :) This is what she wanted, right? :) Try to be happy for her, and then you will forget about your own sadness :)

skanky~skanketta
Jan 5th, 2005, 02:53 PM
you guys are terrific. i do want her to be happy. and i know i shouldn't cling on too tight. i mean, i do have a baby sister as well, and she'll be lonesome when i leave in a couple of years.

and val's fiance isn't all that bad. i know this. i mean, he was in the hospital with my family offering to help out with watching over me when i was sick. i guess i shouldn't let my selfishness blind me to what a nice guy he is. i mean, even my dog likes him (i was mad that she befriended him quickly). maybe its just that i view him as competition. i'm 2 for crying out loud!i really ought to know better.

i'll be nice.

Ekkekko
Jan 5th, 2005, 02:56 PM
that's what we are all here for ;) to offer you help when you're troubled or to offer a shoulder to cry on if you're sad. we're one big happy family..:p

Lord Chips
Jan 5th, 2005, 09:13 PM
My sister got married a few weeks ago. Whilst I wasn't that close to my brother in law when they got engaged (July 2002), I became good friends with him. In October my sister asked me if I'd like to do the toast to the Queen. My speech was suppsed to go "Debbie, Ross, blah blah blah..." but ended up saying "Debbie, Ross - the brother I never had" before walking back to my seat with tears in my eyes, getting pissed out of my mind and running from one end of the room to another, jumping on stage in front of 200+ people and leading the YMCA dance.

The build up may have been stressful, but then again there were other circumstances that led to that, but it will be a day you'll never forget.

stijntje
Jan 5th, 2005, 09:42 PM
My brother is getting married this year too...

Let's start a group of the 'lonely engagebrothers & -sisters' ;)

(btw... my bad reputation points are due to one poster who's trying to give me a bad name... hope you are all mature enough to understand I'm not that bad... ;))