PDA

View Full Version : Amy Frazier d. Lucie Safarova 6-3 6-1

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jan 5th, 2005, 06:17 AM
VERY good win for Amy against a promising junior player:worship: She's been moving quietly but comfortably through the draw in Auckland.

Next is Tatiana Panova, another winnable match for Amy. The only troublesome matchups would be (potentially) Shinobu Asagoe in the semis, but Frazier feeds off of Shinobu's style of play...or Jelena Jankovic potentially in the finals, but she's struggling with a virus.

Hopefully Amy can kick off 2005 with a title in Auckland!

jimbo mack
Jan 5th, 2005, 06:45 AM
Yes!! i was worried about this one- so glad amy's through

Jakeev
Jan 5th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Amy is playing some very good tennis. Would kinda be surprised if she lost this tournament; but anything can happen.

Tennisfan-Mtl
Jan 5th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Amy :) :)

I just looooove this girl ;) :)

DevilishAttitude
Jan 5th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Well Done Amy :D

Excellent start to the year :)

matija-seles
Jan 5th, 2005, 04:49 PM
I hope Amy will win this tournament! She is lovely!

daniela86
Jan 5th, 2005, 05:56 PM
lucie :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

I hope Amy will win this tournament! She is lovely!

don't you like jelena jankovic? :sad:

matija-seles
Jan 5th, 2005, 06:04 PM
lucie :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

don't you like jelena jankovic? :sad:
I like Jelena very much! But Amy is such a sweetheart I would like her to win some tournaments before she retires. Jelena is great and young, so she has time to show her potential. I wouldn't be very dissapointed if Amy lost to Jelena, but Amy is adorable and I will cheer for her. If not Amy, than Jelena.

Darop.
Jan 5th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Amy! :drool:

daniela86
Jan 5th, 2005, 07:52 PM
I like Jelena very much! But Amy is such a sweetheart I would like her to win some tournaments before she retires. Jelena is great and young, so she has time to show her potential. I wouldn't be very dissapointed if Amy lost to Jelena, but Amy is adorable and I will cheer for her. If not Amy, than Jelena.
okey!! i also heard that amy is a very kind person :) :) :worship:

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jan 6th, 2005, 02:49 AM
Comments from Amy after her match w/Safarova (from wtatour.com)

"I was really happy with the way I played," Frazier said. "Obviously, I had never played her before and I knew she was really strong from the ground."

The 32-year-old proved to be too much for her 17-year-old opponent, but Frazier said we could be hearing more from Safarova in the future.

"She hits the ball so hard and I am sure some of the balls that went long normally go in for her," Frazier said. "She has a big lefty serve and I am sure great things are ahead of her."

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 6th, 2005, 03:50 AM
there's some action clips of the match and an Amy interview on the NZTV website
(see the Plenty of Action at ASB classic 2:14)

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/sport_index_skin/sport_index_group

faboozadoo15
Jan 6th, 2005, 04:09 AM
amy... so damn humble, so damn cute.

GO AMY!!!