PDA

View Full Version : Jankovic didn't practice for three days, but still she won

©@®eLess
Jan 4th, 2005, 05:36 PM
Despite battling a nasty cold and a fever, No.2 seed Jelena Jankovic avoided the addition of an 'L' to her win-loss record in her season debut, defeating Claudine Schaul, 75 62. Jankovic did not practice for the three days leading up to her first match of the week, but still managed to display enough to advance into the second round.

"(I did) not have much energy and I (felt) very weak and slow on the court," Jankovic said. "It was really tough on the court, but I think I played okay."

Get well, i'm just worried that Craybas in your section of the draw, and your history with Jill is not very good, especially down-under

Jelena's playing tomorrow, last match at centre court vs Nuria llagostera Vives. They met once at US Open 1st round. Jelena won 63 64

tom2791
Jan 4th, 2005, 05:46 PM
Good luck Jelena, that is very impressive!

Alvarillo
Jan 4th, 2005, 07:00 PM
uhmmmm i'm sure Nuria will force Jelena to run a lot ....
Vamos Nuria!!!

blablabla
Jan 4th, 2005, 07:29 PM
under the circumstances yesterday's win was very well earned. hope she regains her strength for the next one.

daniela86
Jan 4th, 2005, 08:11 PM
bad news :bigcry: :bigcry: this illness begins to worry me, i really hope she 'll feel better coz i would be annoying if she miss the oz open now when she has a chance to go far.
btw, :worship: for beating claudine in those conditions! i'm so proud of her!!!

blablabla
Jan 4th, 2005, 08:56 PM
bad news :bigcry: :bigcry: this illness begins to worry me, i really hope she 'll feel better coz i would be annoying if she miss the oz open now when she has a chance to go far.
btw, :worship: for beating claudine in those conditions! i'm so proud of her!!!
it's only the fricken flu. even it's a bad one (these days they tend to be) she'll be ok for oz.

this current tournament is a "?" by the looks of it.

LLAGOS-VIVES_FAN
Jan 4th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Go Nuria you must to win this match!

©@®eLess
Jan 4th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Go Nuria you must to win this match!

don't celebrate someones bad health

LLAGOS-VIVES_FAN
Jan 4th, 2005, 11:24 PM
I don't celebrate anything, sorry if I have offended :wavey:

switz
Jan 4th, 2005, 11:43 PM
unlike schaul (who is an error machine) vives will just put the ball back in play with lots of spin. if jankovic is playing ok she will probably win but it will be a harder match to win because vives won't throw it away. remember schaul has won like 1 or 2 matches since strasbourg

Bероника
Jan 5th, 2005, 01:01 AM
Well I hope she'll be ready for the next one. Ajmo Jeco!!!

JenFan75
Jan 5th, 2005, 02:19 AM
I feel sorry for Claudine.

JCapWorshipper
Jan 8th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Wow, that's amazing that she won in those conditions. I hope she gets better in time for the Oz open.

:worship: JENNIFER CAPRIATI :worship: SHARAPOVA, DAVENPORT, DEMENTIEVA :bounce: :smash: