Brαm
Jan 4th, 2005, 08:00 PM
yes all Uzbeks are Turk :)
Are all Turks Uzbek?

Joana
Jan 4th, 2005, 10:23 PM
do Iroda and Akgul have turkish blood in them or something? :confused:

They both represent Uzbekistan?
From what I remember of my high school linguistics Turkish and Uzbek belong to the same branch of languages, so those two nations probably have the same origin, like Spain and France I guess.

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 4th, 2005, 11:49 PM
yes all Uzbeks are Turk :)
not the 10% or so minority Russians living there
Iroda is one of them ;) :)

sarza
Jan 5th, 2005, 06:41 AM
Ipek :D

Tenisci
Jan 6th, 2005, 03:35 PM
not the 10% or so minority Russians living there
Iroda is one of them ;) :)

I ASKED IRODA AND SHE SAID THAT HER FATHER IS UZBEK ;) AND ALSO HER SURNAME :)

Brαm
Jan 6th, 2005, 03:50 PM
I don't get this poll. Just because the Uzbek players might be related to the Turks doesn't make them Turks, does it? :confused: That would be like posting a poll about "Who's your favourite Spanish player?" with options such as Suarez, Zuluaga, Fernandez etc. :o

Tenisci
Jan 6th, 2005, 03:59 PM
I don't get this poll. Just because the Uzbek players might be related to the Turks doesn't make them Turks, does it? :confused: That would be like posting a poll about "Who's your favourite Spanish player?" with options such as Suarez, Zuluaga, Fernandez etc. :o

but we are the same (as Turkey's Turk and Uzbek's Turk )

They also accept this. since the real is this .

our position is not the same as spanish ans argentinian. Also Turk means not only Turkey's Turks, also Azeri, Kazakhs, Uzbeks and so on....

Hayato
Jan 7th, 2005, 10:53 AM
yes, Evren is right. Nomads in Kazakhstan are generally Turkish.

oren987
Jan 7th, 2005, 11:07 AM
:lol: It's just like I'll ask "Who is the the most favourite Israel player" and write Stephanie Cohen Aloro just because she's Jewish.
(http://www.wtatour.com/players/playerprofiles/playerbio.asp?PlayerID=30501)

Drimal
Jan 7th, 2005, 11:15 AM
but we are the same (as Turkey's Turk and Uzbek's Turk )

They also accept this. since the real is this .

our position is not the same as spanish ans argentinian. Also Turk means not only Turkey's Turks, also Azeri, Kazakhs, Uzbeks and so on....

Well could you tell us than which countries of EX-Soviet Union are considered as Turkish; Kasachstan, Uzbekistan, Tadjikistan, Turkmenistan and Kirgistan? :wavey:

And I have never seen pictures of the players in your poll (apart from Tulyaganova) and I would be very pleased if you would post pics (especially of the Turkish player Ipek Senoglu). :)

PS: I voted for Iroda Tulyaganova! Fight your way back to the Top Iroda. :kiss: :hearts:

Tenisci
Jan 7th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Well could you tell us than which countries of EX-Soviet Union are considered as Turkish; Kasachstan, Uzbekistan, Tadjikistan, Turkmenistan and Kirgistan? :wavey:

And I have never seen pictures of the players in your poll (apart from Tulyaganova) and I would be very pleased if you would post pics (especially of the Turkish player Ipek Senoglu). :)

PS: I voted for Iroda Tulyaganova! Fight your way back to the Top Iroda. :kiss: :hearts:

you can find ipek's photos both in www.ipeksenoglu.com or the thread i prepared in the rest of the world part in wtaworld.com :)

Mike_T
Jan 7th, 2005, 04:08 PM
I ASKED IRODA AND SHE SAID THAT HER FATHER IS UZBEK ;) AND ALSO HER SURNAME :)Here’s what Iroda actually said to you:

"Im half Uzbek and Half Russian, my father is Uzbek and mather is Russian."

Why not include Maria Sharapova in your poll? She must have eaten turkey at Xmas.

ae wowww
Jan 7th, 2005, 05:34 PM
I love Pemra!! Lady in shorts ;)!

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 7th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Ipek SENOGLU (TUR)
Iroda TULYAGANOVA (UZB)

Ipek is the answer.

Tenisci
Jan 8th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Here’s what Iroda actually said to you:

"Im half Uzbek and Half Russian, my father is Uzbek and mather is Russian."

Why not include Maria Sharapova in your poll? She must have eaten turkey at Xmas.

it is not funny

also iroda's father is uzbek, so she is uzbek !!!!

Mike_T
Jan 8th, 2005, 01:11 PM
it is not funny

also iroda's father is uzbek, so she is uzbek !!!!What’s not funny is you misrepresenting peoples nationality, and again, you’re misrepresenting Iroda’s comments. She said: "Im half Uzbek and Half Russian" – meaning 50% and 50%. So she attaches no greater precedence to her Fathers ancestry, compared to her Mothers.

What about Serena? She went on a Turkish holiday once - okay, so she cancelled at the last moment, but whose to know.

Iroda is not Turkish. Get over it.