PDA

View Full Version : i-pod users, help please

bis2806
Jan 4th, 2005, 08:12 AM
I am having trouble downloading the software from the installation CD. During installation, I had the option of connecting my i-pod(20 gig) to the computer to see if it needs to be formatted. It turns out that my new i-pod needs to be formatted and i carried on with that option. However, the status now it still 'reseting' and it never seems to end. What should i do? Should I unplug and install again, this time ignoring the option to check for formatting?

Princess Sarah.
Jan 4th, 2005, 08:41 AM
just leave it
it should eventually end

bis2806
Jan 4th, 2005, 09:04 AM
but it's been over an hour and the reseting hasn't even finished wtf... and i haven't put any new songs on it yet! not even one

kikker
Jan 4th, 2005, 09:10 AM
I am having trouble downloading the software from the installation CD. During installation, I had the option of connecting my i-pod(20 gig) to the computer to see if it needs to be formatted. It turns out that my new i-pod needs to be formatted and i carried on with that option. However, the status now it still 'reseting' and it never seems to end. What should i do? Should I unplug and install again, this time ignoring the option to check for formatting?

yes i know what you mean, mine took forever and seems that it was never going to end. As an impatiant person i am i unplugged it :lol: nothing happend
after that an i could install songs on it

bis2806
Jan 4th, 2005, 09:28 AM
okay i've lost my patience and i unplugged it... i-tunes and quicktime are downloaded but where do i get the instructions on how to upload songs and such?? it says you could get that on the installation cd but that brings me back to pre-installation instructions. argh

kikker
Jan 4th, 2005, 09:35 AM
you should go where i-tunes is installed (not desktop)
then you see a programme named ''about i-tunes'' or wathever language it is
there's the information you need how to download songs and stuff :D

greenfunkTHREE.
Jan 4th, 2005, 11:42 AM
actually. bis2086 if you didnt read the manual, you should have closed all the programmes and restarted your computer and try again.

greenfunkTHREE.
Jan 4th, 2005, 11:42 AM
you all download the music thru itunes?? how much is it?

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 4th, 2005, 01:26 PM
No, you should go to your start menue/iTune and click on update or restore...and that should fix it...You should not have to wait that long...:D