PDA

View Full Version : Shuaghnessy (USA) def. Krajicek (NED) 7-5 6-4

Andrew.
Jan 4th, 2005, 02:35 AM
Nice job Meghann. :D

Should have been easier. Meghann was 2/12 on BP's. :o

But, Meghann never faced a BP herself. :)

grmbl
Jan 4th, 2005, 02:38 AM
Misa.. :(

Harju.
Jan 4th, 2005, 02:44 AM
Viva Meghann.

please stop choking. she could have finished it in easier way.

grmbl
Jan 4th, 2005, 02:45 AM
please stop choking. she could have finished it in easier way.

easier.. :haha:

Andrew.
Jan 4th, 2005, 02:46 AM
easier.. :haha: Yes, much easier.

Trent
Jan 4th, 2005, 02:47 AM
Meghann didn't really choke, on most of those break points she had, Krajicek played very well, especially with her serving.

grmbl
Jan 4th, 2005, 02:47 AM
Yes, much easier.
you are funny..

TFan1156
Jan 4th, 2005, 02:50 AM
Krajicek looked good, very nice serves. She may develop well. Needs more match experience.

PointBlank
Jan 4th, 2005, 02:50 AM
you are funny..
I hate how everyone thinks Misa is gonna beat a great. Out of ITF tournaments she sucks in the WTA. Dont use the fact shes 15. Look were Vaidisova is in her career already.

grmbl
Jan 4th, 2005, 02:54 AM
I hate how everyone thinks Misa is gonna beat a great. Out of ITF tournaments she sucks in the WTA. Dont use the fact shes 15. Look were Vaidisova is in her career already.
Vaidisova played more WTA-tournaments.. Plus she's an IMG-chick.. And didn't beat very big players in her career....

Dan23
Jan 4th, 2005, 02:54 AM
Good effort Misa, well done :clap2:

Shaughnessy has been practicing a hell of a lot over the last few days, just about every time I walked past Court 1 she'd be there either practicing or waiting to practice :)

Harju.
Jan 4th, 2005, 03:01 AM
well, ill never hate wil, that's for sure ;).

PointBlank
Jan 4th, 2005, 03:11 AM
Vaidisova played more WTA-tournaments.. Plus she's an IMG-chick.. And didn't beat very big players in her career....
Shes only played 1 year on tour..which Misa could have also..and how many big players has Misa beat outside of HC and Exo.'s ?

PointBlank
Jan 4th, 2005, 03:24 AM
Also wojciech .. Vaidisova played 9 and Misa played 8 .. not much more .. Nicole chose to play WTA not ITF though

grmbl
Jan 4th, 2005, 03:33 AM
Also wojciech .. Vaidisova played 9 and Misa played 8 .. not much more .. Nicole chose to play WTA not ITF though
Misa is not from IMG, so she's not able to play 'big' tournaments. Plus, Misa had a horrible injury in december/januari/februari.. So she choose to play her JE at the end of 2004.. Now she's ranked 244, so now she play 'bigger' tournaments to get a better ranking.. She was not able to do it earlier because that injury..

btw, Nic played 12 tournaments..

;)

i heart backhand
Jan 4th, 2005, 03:56 AM
Good job, Meghann! Here's to hoping you make Rd. of 16 at Aussie Open!

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jan 4th, 2005, 04:15 AM
Just think, it could have been Davenport she played!!!!

would have been great experience for her. I'm surprised it was this close though!

Gowza
Jan 4th, 2005, 04:56 AM
i have to say i expected more from misa, but she has a pretty damn good serve already, her groundies could use with a bit more power (thats the thing i was expecting more with) and her movement and being able to get into position to hit the ball better when she is being moved a bit. she made some pretty amazing volleys as well.

all in all, she has a great serve and has great volleys, movement and groundies she needs to work on to get up to the top of tennis but at 15 she has a very nice game, she has time to improve and she does have the talent so good luck to her.

Rohin.
Jan 4th, 2005, 06:08 AM
Krajicek was good, just needs some more experiance, her serve was great, maybe she got that from Richard :D

For a 15 y/o she was extreamly impressive if you ask me.

Prizeidiot
Jan 4th, 2005, 06:11 AM
She has good equipment... and has a willingness to move into the net, which is good. I think she'll have success when she gains experience and cuts down on errors. But yeah, the technique is all there, and at the moment, the future looks good for her.

Hayato
Jan 4th, 2005, 06:14 AM
Meg didn't choke, in fact if anyone choked, it was Krajicek.

Hayato
Jan 4th, 2005, 06:15 AM
I was impressed by Krajieck :eek: :D

Gowza
Jan 4th, 2005, 06:16 AM
she also has the fight, she was down 0-40 on one of her service games and came through to win it.

SilK
Jan 4th, 2005, 06:18 AM
she sure as hell is a good fighter...

The Neds won Mixed Doubles 7-5 7-5 :eek:

Rohin.
Jan 4th, 2005, 06:25 AM
She has good equipment... and has a willingness to move into the net, which is good. I think she'll have success when she gains experience and cuts down on errors. But yeah, the technique is all there, and at the moment, the future looks good for her.

Yeah, technique is really good, I cant see that she is going to have to many weekneses..

SilK
Jan 4th, 2005, 06:28 AM
Yeah, technique is really good, I cant see that she is going to have to many weekneses..

I think she is one to watch in doubles as well :) But I already said all that a year ago :shrug: :)

Rohin.
Jan 4th, 2005, 06:33 AM
I think she is one to watch in doubles as well :) But I already said all that a year ago :shrug: :)

Yes allround i think she will be a good player..

I liked the way she fought off break points as well, great serveing under pressure.

Jeff
Jan 4th, 2005, 07:16 AM
Go Meghann!! :bounce: :bounce:

Jakeev
Jan 4th, 2005, 08:24 AM
What the hell you talking about? SHe had a lot of great wins in 2004 which including two WTA titles.

Golovin, Shaughnessy, Asagoe, Irvin, Razzano, Jidkova and Granville where all big wins for Nicole.

Nicole is the REAL deal. Kraijek may become one, but let's wait and see how she actually does in the big leagues.

SM
Jan 4th, 2005, 08:29 AM
she just needs to improve her speed around the court and improve her defence.

shot selection is good and knows how to use the forecourt quite well for a youngster, so it seems she can develop a all court game :)

Whatzup
Jan 4th, 2005, 08:38 AM
Misa :sad: ... maybe we expected too much from her! I hope she has a chance against Daniela!

glamorama
Jan 4th, 2005, 09:42 AM

She's beaten many top 100 players (eight, I believe), compared with... none for Krajicek (most of whose wins last year came in the $10ks).

This Krajicek girl sounds as if she's a good prospect, but my god she's one of the most overrated players on this board.

SilK
Jan 4th, 2005, 09:48 AM
This Krajicek girl sounds as if she's a good prospect, but my god she's one of the most overrated players on this board.

OMG, this is absolutely not true. Krajicek is not overrated, nor hyped, nor is there a buzz about her at all. It are just here country people having faith in her. Now she plays a big event like the HopMan Cup, there are two threads about her and suddenly she is overrated. :shrug:

Plus, you've only been on this board for 22 posts. :lol:

DevilishAttitude
Jan 4th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Meghann :)

Some of you (wojciech etc) should Whatzup's comment on maybe your expecting too much from her :) Michaella's good but she's 15 and hasn't beaten anyone of the cablier of Meghann :o She should be more hyped currently on Doubles since her results on that are so far more impressive on the pro-tour ;)

SilK
Jan 4th, 2005, 10:42 AM
I'm proud of Michaella no matter if she wins or doesn't. She has a nice game, it's good to watch too! :) And those wins over top players will come eventually... And you're right, she's only 15. Almost 16... but still got loads of time to develop!

Chunchun
Jan 4th, 2005, 12:59 PM
:banana:

USA!! :rocker2:

jj74
Jan 4th, 2005, 02:44 PM
I don't think Michaella is overrated in fact she always beat Vaidisova when both played juniors

blumaroo
Jan 4th, 2005, 03:33 PM
ok somebody explain hopman cup for me...Is this like round robin?
I think Misa has a chance against Dani. Not so sure about Peters chances against Hrbaty. Hup Holllllaaaand!

Kutuzova
Jan 4th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Misa good scorline, next time u will crush her!!!!!

selking
Jan 5th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Great win.