PDA

View Full Version : Junior Player youngest Adidas deal

top spin
Jan 3rd, 2005, 07:09 PM
7 year old tennis player, get Adidas clothing contract. I think this is a new record at this age. Roddick's Mother said on the tennis channel he got one at 9 years old. This has him beat. Take a look www.alexusjones.com

Prizeidiot
Jan 4th, 2005, 05:04 AM
That's just bloody insane....

Roxie
Jan 4th, 2005, 07:27 AM
:) I train with Alexus, we are both coached by Steve Smith. She's gonna be a great player and she's really cute in her Adidas clothes! They are already making a documentary about her, They film her alot :eek: She handles it so well considering her young age.

greenfunkTHREE.
Jan 4th, 2005, 07:31 AM
waitt. is this really young sponsored person a HE or SHE? and i also think its quite insane. :S

MinnyGophers
Jan 4th, 2005, 05:10 PM
isn't that fake?
anyway it's damn funny

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jan 4th, 2005, 05:14 PM
it looks fake..

cartmancop
Jan 4th, 2005, 06:00 PM
it looks fake..
I agree. I really don't know. I won't say that it is b/c I have no knowledge about any of it, but it just looks fishy. :confused:

top spin
Jan 4th, 2005, 10:00 PM
I agree. I really don't know. I won't say that it is b/c I have no knowledge about any of it, but it just looks fishy. :confused:
What is so fishy? If you look at the Bio's of all of the top players they all started around the same age. Roddick, Sharapva, Williams Etc. Do you think people are starting later now? Or sooner? Do you think they were the last? I hope not we need more. I looked on the USTA site under Juniors and found kids with deals. 9 yrs. old 10 yrs old etc. Nike, Wilson, Adidas etc. Take a look. In fact Sharapova Signed With IMG at 9 yrs old. According to her website. Open your eyes :eek:

lizchris
Jan 4th, 2005, 10:48 PM
I don't know whether or not this is true, but if it is, this is sick and whoever are the parents of this child should be locked up.

SzavayFi
Jan 4th, 2005, 10:50 PM
i find this fishy also hmmm

Andrew.
Jan 4th, 2005, 10:52 PM
This is actually true. It's very disturbing, but true.

MinnyGophers
Jan 4th, 2005, 11:00 PM
What is so fishy? If you look at the Bio's of all of the top players they all started around the same age. Roddick, Sharapva, Williams Etc. Do you think people are starting later now? Or sooner? Do you think they were the last? I hope not we need more. I looked on the USTA site under Juniors and found kids with deals. 9 yrs. old 10 yrs old etc. Nike, Wilson, Adidas etc. Take a look. In fact Sharapova Signed With IMG at 9 yrs old. According to her website. Open your eyes :eek:

it's not the signing of the deal that's fishy... it's actually whether the player exist or not.
i googled her name, and she doesn't appear anywhere.. weird for the "future of tennis"
the only site I have seen her mentionned was a "sports management" site, who looks as fishy as her "official site"....
just by looking at her website , it just looks wrong. and the pictures are weird too.

top spin
Jan 5th, 2005, 12:01 AM
it's not the signing of the deal that's fishy... it's actually whether the player exist or not.
i googled her name, and she doesn't appear anywhere.. weird for the "future of tennis"
the only site I have seen her mentionned was a "sports management" site, who looks as fishy as her "official site"....
just by looking at her website , it just looks wrong. and the pictures are weird too.

Try this google link http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=Alexus+Jones+Tennis&btnG=Search

Over 30 enrties

top spin
Jan 5th, 2005, 12:05 AM
I don't know whether or not this is true, but if it is, this is sick and whoever are the parents of this child should be locked up.

Then we would have to lock up all of the top 100 Men's and Women's Parents in tennis and golf, Tiger was 3 years old putting on Johnny Carson.

icequeen
Jan 5th, 2005, 12:12 AM
She's still 7 this was posted here like two years ago...please.

lizchris
Jan 5th, 2005, 01:37 AM
Then we would have to lock up all of the top 100 Men's and Women's Parents in tennis and golf, Tiger was 3 years old putting on Johnny Carson.

I have no problem with that.

Aussie_chic
Jan 5th, 2005, 02:39 AM
OMG! The scary thing is that it looks true. But must be fabricated. How can she be studying a year above for her age, speak 4 languages (CANT b fluently), train 6 hours a day, and be dragged to sports psychs, nutritionists, many academys, have a black belt, and star in a documentary????? She wont have time to sleep OR do any of the things a normal kid does. She probably doesnt interact with children much (is homeschooled.)

AND HOW on earth can such a tiny kid be doing a strength progam with weights?? Those pics are frightening. Surely one of her many coaches will see that weights aren't for tiny tots.

Craziest parents yet. PRESSURE on that child= UNBELIEVEABLE.

Aussie_chic
Jan 5th, 2005, 02:53 AM
This article is awesome!
Sums up everything perfectly.

The Saga of the Young Samurai

10/26/2004
Grant Parpan [Signal Sports Editor]

Commentary

“The Samurai used a sword. The Tennis Samurai uses a racquet. There is no difference.”
— D.D. Jones, father of the “Tennis Samurai.”

Alexus Jones is the hardest working young lady in tennis.
With her days of attending school behind her, she trains for six hours a day, six days a week.
She lifts weights.
She is a Black Belt in Ho-tora-do Karate.
She trains in a special martial arts program, designed specifically for her — a program that will prepare her for the physical and mental rigors of world class tennis.
For her involvement in martial arts and her dominance in tennis, she has been given the nickname “The Tennis Samurai,” to go along with her other nickname “Ace.”
She has been dubbed “The Next Great Tennis Champion” and “The Future of Tennis”.
She can express herself in four languages: Chinese, Japanese, Spanish and English.
She has trained with many highly-regarded tennis coaches, including Richard Williams, Nick Bollettieri, Rick Macci, Steve Kerlew and Steve Smith.
She has a Web site, a book and an upcoming documentary all dedicated to her.
She is sponsored by numerous companies, including Globex Wireless and A-Town Records. Glyco-Max sports drink is reportedly prepared to offer her a “multi-million dollar endorsement deal.”
Her own line of tennis rackets, Ace Rackets, will hit the market next year.
She is represented by All-Sports Management.
I have a great deal of respect for Alexus Jones and all that she has accomplished. There is, however, one thing that really bothers me about her.
Alexus Jones is 7-years-old; or as she might say, chee, shichi, sieté.
The home-schooled Jones hits 1,500 to 2,000 tennis balls per day. It is estimated that she will have hit 2-million tennis balls by the time she is ten-years-old.
She is being reviewed by the Guinness Book of World Records for the fastest serve by a six-year-old in 2003. She served a tennis ball 70 mph.
Her favorite tennis players are the Williams sisters and Martina Navratilova, even though Navratilova retired before she was born on Feb. 6, 1997. Jones is a robot, her father D.D. is her programmer.
To force your kid to play tennis for 36 hours a week — a number of hours deemed by the Department of Labor as full-time work — is wrong. Heck, to force your kid to do anything but sleep for that long should be illegal, I don’t care how much your child likes what they are doing.
Alexus’ father is an expert martial artist and ex-football player. Her mother runs marathons. Her second-cousin is Detroit Shock forward Swin Cash, an Olympic gold medalist. I’m not sure if Alexus was conceived or bred.
Her father has written a book, “How to Make a Champion on a Budget: The first in a series of Po’ Folks Guides.” One way I guess would be to sell a book to po’ people for $26.95, or to create a Web site with the message: “A future tennis champion and she is cute as a button, a sponsor company’s dream!”
I hope with all of my heart and mind that Jones makes it in this world. I hope she becomes the greatest tennis player that ever lived. I hope she stays healthy and lives long. I hope she makes all the money in the world. I hope she gives her parents none of it.
One day Alexus Jones will be an adult. I just wish she could have been a child first.

Grant Parpan’s column runs every Tuesday in The Signal. He can be reached at gparpan@the-signal.com.

top spin
Jan 5th, 2005, 02:56 AM
OMG! The scary thing is that it looks true. But must be fabricated. How can she be studying a year above for her age, speak 4 languages (CANT b fluently), train 6 hours a day, and be dragged to sports psychs, nutritionists, many academys, have a black belt, and star in a documentary????? She wont have time to sleep OR do any of the things a normal kid does. She probably doesnt interact with children much (is homeschooled.)

AND HOW on earth can such a tiny kid be doing a strength progam with weights?? Those pics are frightening. Surely one of her many coaches will see that weights aren't for tiny tots.

Craziest parents yet. PRESSURE on that child= UNBELIEVEABLE.

Yet you are a Lleyton Hewitt who started training at 4 years old. Take a look!!!! How do you explain that? :confused:

Lleyton's Background

Lleyton Hewitt comes from a family of sporting achievers. His mother, Cherilyn Rumball, is a former
champion netballer. His father, Glynn Hewitt, is a AFL footballer, while his sister, Jaslyn, is a champion junior tennis player.

Lleyton's controlled competitiveness is helped by his love of sport. He spends just about every waking moment either watching, discussing or playing sport. For years the family would get up early, jog to Football Park, run, do sprints, jog back and work out. He is an avid recreational golfer.

His family has a grass court at their West Lakes home. Here the young Lleyton began his tennis career. When Lleyton was hitting balls consistently over the net and with a reasonable stroke, his parents decided it was time to employ a coach. He was four years old.

"Rather than get into bad habits, it was best he learnt how to hit the ball correctly." says Glynn Hewitt. Two years later, they sought out Peter Smith, a former player who had coached John Fitzgerald, Roger Rasheed, Louise Stacey and his own son, Luke Smith.

Each year, from the age of five, Lleyton and his family travelled to Melbourne for the Australian Open. He would spend up to 12 hours a day at the tennis, getting up at sunrise. Lleyton's involvement with tennis was orchestrated by his parents who quite deliberately steered him away from football. There was a strong chance Lleyton could have played Australian Rules Football, however his parents' concerns for all the physical risks involved in football brought him to tennis. "I guess we've guided him into things we felt were good for him before he did. I guess that's just our gut feeling."

By the time Lleyton was eight, he was winning matches against older children . A professional tennis career was a possibility. "It's always a bit of a pipe dream," says Glynn. "But there are many times along the road you think they're not going to make it." "It's at the back of the mind," says Cherilyn. "Then you think.....better keep the schooling going because it's not going to work out".

Lleyton's first professional title was in 1998 in Adelaide. He consequently decided to forgo further education and joined the ATP tour on a full time basis.

Lleyton made his Davis Cup debut in 1999. It was a "baptism of fire". Along side his hero, Patrick Rafter, Lleyton won both his matches, against far more experienced opponents, in a tense, hostile atmosphere in Boston. Lleyton then joined Wayne Arthurs in Brisbane to again emerge victorious against Russia, defeating Kafelnikov and Safin. His Davis Cup record at that stage was 4-0. Lleyton and Mark Philippoussis played the final in Nice against France. Lleyton played an emotional, hard fougnt but went down to Pioline in straight sets. Australia went on to win this tie and the Davis Cup for the first time in 13 years.

Aussie_chic
Jan 5th, 2005, 03:16 AM
It is true I am a fan of Hewitt. (I think most Aussies are.) But that doesnt mean I agree with what his p's did either.

I do think he is a minor case copared to Jones. No sponsor till a teen, attended normal school, his p's didnt get him a web-site or documentary. WHILE all the training may have worked for him, his sister has had to suffer. Her Dad had her jogging often. I think about 4km a day at only 8/9?? But I'm sure that is the cause of her many knee problems. The road side jogging is v.high impact. Plus she probably had to hit balls after too.

Yes I know the problem doesn't simply lie with the Jones'. And I hope Alexus makes it. I am not against her at all. Just disagree with her p's.

top spin
Jan 5th, 2005, 03:30 AM
It is true I am a fan of Hewitt. (I think most Aussies are.) But that doesnt mean I agree with what his p's did either.

I do think he is a minor case copared to Jones. No sponsor till a teen, attended normal school, his p's didnt get him a web-site or documentary. WHILE all the training may have worked for him, his sister has had to suffer. Her Dad had her jogging often. I think about 4km a day at only 8/9?? But I'm sure that is the cause of her many knee problems. The road side jogging is v.high impact. Plus she probably had to hit balls after too.

Yes I know the problem doesn't simply lie with the Jones'. And I hope Alexus makes it. I am not against her at all. Just disagree with her p's.

You say the problem. Hewitt is loved by millions of people. Worth millions of dollars. Part of the reason is starting at age 4 and training very hard. Or you would not even know him. Lets see? Question how many of the up and coming future Aussie champions who are juniors right now and are in training are going to regular school? living regular lives? If they are the competion from Russia, USA, Etc. Will blow them away. Wake up and smell the coffee. In every sport today Every. They are starting younger and Should we do away with all sports? I don't think so.

iHEARTu
Jan 5th, 2005, 04:12 AM
is this true or what?!

Roxie
Jan 5th, 2005, 04:21 AM
Since I know this little girl Alexus and see her almost everyday I can tell you that it is real. She comes everyday to practice with a smile on her face. If you saw her without knowing anything about her you would think she was just any cute 7 year old. Her father is always there during training, he takes good care of her and lets her take breaks when she needs it. I too thought it was crazy that she trains so much when she is so young. But now that I've seen how hard she works and the level of focus she is about to maintain throughout long hours of practice I don't think its so crazy. In fact I think she loves to practice and work hard. She has it all going for her, she has the sponsorships and great coaching. I think that little Alexus could very well be the "future of tennis". :)

But still.....i feel sad she has to miss her childhood :confused: Itra hard to know whats really right.

Fantastic
Jan 6th, 2005, 05:38 PM
I guess there's no harm in a sponsorship deal.

MinnyGophers
Jan 7th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Try this google link http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=Alexus+Jones+Tennis&btnG=Search

Over 30 enrties

most of these entries are linked to her "official" website... it doesn't mean anything at all.

croat123
Jan 7th, 2005, 05:06 PM
they say that she hit a 70 mph serve as a 6 year old :yawn:

mboyle
Jan 7th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Yeah insane is an understatement. What if she fails?

selking
Jan 7th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Not this mother fucker again. *ban*

top spin
Jan 8th, 2005, 02:13 AM
Not this mother fucker again. *ban*

You have alot of class I can tell. I am sure your mother is proud of you.
"Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" :tape:

brunof
Jan 8th, 2005, 04:58 AM
All I know is those pics with Richard are super frightening...

And what film company would spend 7 years following one girl...in a sport that offers little promises and security... :confused:

Aussie_chic
Jan 9th, 2005, 08:50 AM
You say the problem. Hewitt is loved by millions of people. Worth millions of dollars. Part of the reason is starting at age 4 and training very hard. Or you would not even know him. Lets see? Question how many of the up and coming future Aussie champions who are juniors right now and are in training are going to regular school? living regular lives? If they are the competion from Russia, USA, Etc. Will blow them away. Wake up and smell the coffee. In every sport today Every. They are starting younger and Should we do away with all sports? I don't think so.

I have no problem with 4 year olds hitting the courts. I'm sure tennis is enjoyable at all ages! But there is a difference between "starting young" and the life Alexus appears to have. Being followed by camera men alreadY! And sure she can train but why do weights? and why the pressure of the web page. That was what I did and do still find OTT.

So I never said we should do away with all sports. :confused: (I love sports)
BUT maybe we will have to assess the careers of parent driven children. I just hope the stakes don't continue to rise (so to speak.) If they start much younger, do much more (cant c whats left)- well once one does it it sets a new bar! I just hope kids can still be kids before they become tennis champs.

moby
Jan 9th, 2005, 09:06 AM
She's still 7 this was posted here like two years ago...please.
Ditto. Maybe all that overtraining is stunting her growth. :tape:
I just don't believe in 7 year olds who serve-and-volley and win.

Julia1968
Jan 9th, 2005, 09:43 AM
7 year old tennis player, get Adidas clothing contract. I think this is a new record at this age. Roddick's Mother said on the tennis channel he got one at 9 years old. This has him beat. Take a look www.alexusjones.com

My Gawd! Why don't they leave the children alone!

top spin
Jan 9th, 2005, 12:16 PM
My Gawd! Why don't they leave the children alone!

My friends you are being nieve if you don't think that this applys to many aspects of life, To be on top you must start early. When you are competing on a global marketplace, The best concert piano player in the world was almost chained to a piano from birth. For many hours. Actors, Etc. Every tennis player on the top of the Women's and Men's tour today which we are all on these boards talking about started the same way. Check their Bio's. But you just don't hear about it until after you are a fan. Check your favorite player and see. Thier are over 500 kids training daily 5 hr. per day at IMG Academy which produced Sharapova and many others. If you do not than how will you compete with them? This is just the way it is. Get use to it. The bar has been raised.