PDA

View Full Version : Dressed For Success, Golovin Seeks To Crack Top 10

tennisIlove09
Jan 3rd, 2005, 07:40 PM
Dressed For Success, Golovin Seeks To Crack Top 10
http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/Golovin-MCole.jpg
Photo By Michael Cole By Tennis Week
01/03/2005

Her distinctive LaCoste dresses can sometimes be cut so short there barely seems to be enough fabric to serve as dental floss for the crocodile that serves as the Lacoste logo, but 16-year-old Tatiana Golovin wore out her opponent in delivering another dress down at the Uncle Tobys Hardcourts on
Australia's Gold Coast today.

The 27th-ranked Moscow-born, Parisian pounded Chinese qualifier Zi Yan, 6-1, 6-4, in a 52-minute mismatch. Eager to escape the heat that hovered around 86 degrees Fahrenheit, Golovin maintained command of the match with a decisive serve and authoritative ground strokes.

"You don't want to spend a lot of time in this heat," Golovin said. "It was obviously very hard being my first match in the tournament but it was good to get out there and find some rhythm."

In the next round of the $170,000 Tier III tournament, Golovin will face defending champion Ai Sugiyama.

Residing in the upper reaches of ranking oblivion in January of 2004, Golovin skyrocketed up the rankings, rising 328 spots in 11 months to her current spot in the top 30. Excited by the prospect of playing majors as a seeded player, Golovin is eager to crack the top 10.

"It's very positive and I'm especially happy that now I'll be seeded at tournaments such as the Grand Slams so I can play against the best players," said Golovin, whose rankings rise was the third biggest leap on the WTA Tour in 2004. "When you're ranked outside the top 100 it's really hard to play the challengers and the qualifiers, so I'm really happy that I got through that area really fast."

Clad in an orange dress, Golovin said she's contributing design suggestions to LaCoste for her tennis clothes. Golovin's fashion sense is based on fun and form.

"I like to make it fun," Golovin said. "We re-signed so they (LaCoste) will be making all my outfits and I'll have some input so I'm really excited about that."

In other opening-round results at the Uncle Tobys Hardcourts:

Qualifier Camille Pin (FRA) def. Anca Barna (GER) 6-2, 6-4
Qualifier Sesil Karatantcheva (BUL) def. Maria Elena Camerin (ITA) 6-2, 6-4
Samantha Stosur (AUS) def. (4) Karolina Sprem (CRO) 6-4, 6-2
Klara Koukalova (CZE) def. (WC) Jaslyn Hewitt (AUS) 6-4, 1-6, 6-2
(2) Patty Schnyder (SUI) def. Virginie Razzano (FRA) 6-2, 6-4
(7) Elena Likhovtseva (RUS) def. Emilie Loit (FRA) 4-6, 7-6(5), 6-2

RenaSlam.
Jan 3rd, 2005, 08:21 PM
I think Golovin is much hotter than Sharapova. Anyone else agree?

jfk
Jan 3rd, 2005, 08:24 PM
Golovin will probably hover around the top 10 for a long time, maybe reaching 8 or 9. She just doesn't have the game to get really high up, unless she takes advantage of open spots once a bunch of veterans retire.

jimmyc
Jan 3rd, 2005, 08:25 PM

hotter as in looks? or hotter as in tennis ability?

cos Golovin certainly not as hot in looks as Sharapova!

well tennis ability, she hasn't proven anything yet but give her a year or two.

Srptennis389
Jan 3rd, 2005, 08:25 PM
I couldn't agree more. I personally find Sharapova to be unattractive, but I am a diehard Anna K fan so...;)

fammmmedspin
Jan 3rd, 2005, 08:34 PM
Golovin will probably hover around the top 10 for a long time, maybe reaching 8 or 9. She just doesn't have the game to get really high up, unless she takes advantage of open spots once a bunch of veterans retire.
That could be 4 places free in the next few years?

RenaSlam.
Jan 3rd, 2005, 08:46 PM
I couldn't agree more. I personally find Sharapova to be unattractive, but I am a diehard Anna K fan so...;)

I agree, Anna would be first on my list, with Tati second. No one beats Anna in the looks department. :)

mauresmofan
Jan 3rd, 2005, 08:54 PM
I like Tati - she has a great future that's for sure!

blumaroo
Jan 3rd, 2005, 09:04 PM
I think I've seen her play once but I wasn't impressed. Can anyone describe her gamestyle/weapons? Apparently Krajicek and Ivanovic beat her quite easily so if Golovin can reach top 10 ..

pla
Jan 3rd, 2005, 09:24 PM
I think I've seen her play once but I wasn't impressed. Can anyone describe her gamestyle/weapons? Apparently Krajicek and Ivanovic beat her quite easily so if Golovin can reach top 10 ..

When did she play against them? I remember only her loss to Vaidisova and it wasn't easy.

CliffRichard
Jan 3rd, 2005, 09:30 PM
I hope she doesn't catch a cold in that skimpy outfit! :sad:

amÚliemomo
Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:31 PM

against these two players, tati was not at her top forme, lost for both in 3 sets against ivanicevic she lost her patience and the serbian played very well.

I think that today if she meet them again she wouldnt lost,she has more experience now. :angel:

Mrs. Peel
Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:37 PM
Well, we have already seen her crack :o Thanks to those low slung shorts

pav
Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:39 PM
I hope the headline 'Golovin seeks to crack top ten' wasn't a reference to young Tati's shorts being rather low slung :fiery:

pav
Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:43 PM
I hope the headline 'Golovin seeks to crack top ten' wasn't a reference to young Tati's shorts being rather low slung :fiery:
Oh hell, I got beaten to making a crack about the crack, by Mrs Peel, but She won't know because She isn't reading My posts anymore after I made a crack about sacred Serena!

Mrs. Peel
Jan 3rd, 2005, 11:00 PM
Oh hell, I got beaten to making a crack about the crack, by Mrs Peel, but She won't know because She isn't reading My posts anymore after I made a crack about sacred Serena!
lol you aren't on my ignore list baby, never was....your good rep and response back made me feel quite bad :o :kiss:

pav
Jan 3rd, 2005, 11:08 PM
lol you aren't on my ignore list baby, never was....your good rep and response back made me feel quite bad :o :kiss:

Thanks, I needed a kiss, I've got sore ribs!

xin_hui
Jan 4th, 2005, 03:17 AM
IMO, golovin's game is not that impressive. neither are her looks:tape:

sabandborg
Jan 4th, 2005, 04:02 AM
Golovin's crack is most assuredly in the top ten most seen.

sabandborg
Jan 4th, 2005, 04:09 AM
And, may I add, she did it without any lowdown dirty tricks. Certainly low down, if you're a prude you might consider it "dirty".

But she had them shorts as they were without tricks! Honest crack, so to speak, unlike that lowdown dirty cheat.

SerialKiller#69
Jan 4th, 2005, 04:42 AM
I think it kinda looks cute in a way. But somehow she pulled it off. If Serena or Clijsters were to wear something similar, it'd be horrendous.:tape:

By the way, I've seen her play and although she lost that match against Myskina, I thought she played extremely well. She's got great wheels. Serve is okay. Her backhand is cruel. I think just a little twitch here and there, and she'll be well inside the Top 15 for sure.

Alfie
Jan 4th, 2005, 05:27 AM
I think it kinda looks cute in a way. But somehow she pulled it off. If Serena or Clijsters were to wear something similar, it'd be horrendous.:tape:

By the way, I've seen her play and although she lost that match against Myskina, I thought she played extremely well. She's got great wheels. Serve is okay. Her backhand is cruel. I think just a little twitch here and there, and she'll be well inside the Top 15 for sure.

Are you kidding? Serena and Kim would look great in those shorts because they have assets ;) while Golovin has none...but she's got time to develop some since she's only 16. Personally I'd rather prefer that players keep their cracks to themselves. That kind of thing should be left to the bedroom, not the tennis court. Overexposure.

xin_hui
Jan 4th, 2005, 05:32 AM
Are you kidding? Serena and Kim would look great in those shorts because they have assets ;) while Golovin has none...but she's got time to develop some since she's only 16. Personally I'd rather prefer that players keep their cracks to themselves. That kind of thing should be left to the bedroom, not the tennis court. Overexposure.
totally agree!

Lemonskin.
Jan 4th, 2005, 05:54 AM
I reckon Golovin's orright :D

Harju.
Jan 4th, 2005, 06:00 AM
it's just a matter of different taste.

SerialKiller#69
Jan 4th, 2005, 06:01 AM
Hmm.. you have a point with Clijsters. I still don't think Serena would look good on it. That fabric won't be enough to support Serena's ass.

AK-DH Fan
Jan 4th, 2005, 06:04 AM
it's just a matter of different taste.

I know, cuz I have the oposite opinon. I don't think Golovins gonna develope that much more. She already a women. To me, if I didn;t know any better I sware she was 2 years older. And I'd rather see Golovin in theose shorts. Serena would be falling out of them :bolt:

It's all a matter of taste

JenFan75
Jan 4th, 2005, 06:20 AM
I don't think Golovin has the game to go very much further. Maybe top 15, but that's it.

greenfunkTHREE.
Jan 4th, 2005, 09:59 AM
prolly, she doesnt seem like a top 10 player to me.

greenfunkTHREE.
Jan 4th, 2005, 10:00 AM
well, that's my opion, and i wouldnt mind to be proved wrong..

TM
Jan 4th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Serena may be falling out of them but Mz Golovin is pratically naked in them!

but me likey ;) :devil: :drool: :bounce:

Tatiana seems like a potential top 20 by the end of the year.

GOOD LUCK TATI!

akosijepoy
Jan 4th, 2005, 10:46 AM
she's no anna kournikova...but i have a feeling she can make her own impact in tennis...good luck to her

Junex
Jan 4th, 2005, 12:06 PM
In the next round of the $170,000 Tier III tournament, Golovin will face defending champion Ai Sugiyama.

[/list]

And Dinara Safina shut them mouths!!!!