PDA

View Full Version : Krasnoroutskaya wins on her return

David Barker
Jan 3rd, 2005, 08:19 AM
Lina K has beaten A.Kapros of Hungary R1 in New Zealand 7-6 (5) 6-1. First match in 5 months after 04 season dogged with illness and injury. Well done Lina!
The tourny web-site talks of Lina having the pedigree to come back - lets hope so. CONGRATS!! :worship: :worship:

Prizeidiot
Jan 3rd, 2005, 08:30 AM
HEYA!!!! That's tops. Good on her, I'm so happy she's just been able to play some tennis without injury or passport troubles. Winning is a bonus.

I may have gone wrong backing Dechy to win at the Gold Coast but maybe it'll even out. I'm standing by my tip on the miracle! (Lina to take out her first tournament back)

Shoulderpova
Jan 3rd, 2005, 08:32 AM
Поздравляю с победой Лина :hug:

SilK
Jan 3rd, 2005, 08:35 AM
Lina! :worship:

I hope she can become the next big Russian in 2005. Together with Kirilenko! :D
Hope Lina can have a succesful comeback! :)

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 3rd, 2005, 09:51 AM
Wildcard storms through
Jan 3, 2005
By Dale Budge at the ASB Bank Tennis Centre in Auckland

Russian wildcard entry Lina Krasnoroutskaya stormed past Hungary's Aniko Kapros to record a straight sets 7-6 (7-5) 6-1 victory at the ASB Classic on Monday afternoon.

Krasnoroutskaya, who won the wildcard into the tournament in somewhat controversial circumstances ahead of Kiwi Shelley Stephens, moved into the second round after a tight first set.

After winning the tie-break, Krasnoroutskaya breezed through the second set in well under half an hour to claim the match.

Both players held serve through the early stages of the opening set, neither really troubled by the opposition's returns despite both being less than dominant servers.

It looked as though Krasnoroutskaya would take the first set after breaking Kapros in the sixth game of the set but the Hungarian bounced back to win the next three games.

Krasnoroutskaya claimed the 10th game but then was broken by Kapros who then served for the set.

But Krasnoroutskaya broke once more and the set went to a tie-break - the first of the tournament.

The Russian claimed the tie-break 7-5 and went one-set up.

She started the second set well, breaking Kapros in the opening game before holding to go 2-0 up. She broke again in the third and held in the fourth before Kapros finally managed to hit the ball over the net to claim the fifth game.

Krasnoroutskaya rounded out the match by breaking Kapros for a third time in the set.

Source: One Sport

well done Lina ;) :yeah: :)
now for the next victim :)
just stay fit and healthy please :sad: :hug:

jimbo mack
Jan 3rd, 2005, 09:53 AM
i'm really pleased for krasnoroutskaya- she definitely deserves a good start

hope to see her rise up the rankings quickly soon

Lemonskin.
Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:29 AM
Good on her :D

Daniel
Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:59 AM
Well done Lina :)

KV
Jan 3rd, 2005, 11:12 AM
Pleasantly surprised. Even though A. Kapros's an up and down player. Didn't expect Lina to win that easily esp. after such a longtime without playing tourneys. :D :)

SilK
Jan 3rd, 2005, 11:18 AM
Krasnoroutskaya, who won the wildcard into the tournament in somewhat controversial circumstances ahead of Kiwi Shelley Stephens, moved into the second round after a tight first set.

Can somebody tell me what was controversial about the circumstances? :)

Vincent
Jan 3rd, 2005, 11:20 AM
Oh yes, that's the way! Congrats Lina! :hug: Show us that you are one of the great Russian contenders! :woohoo: :cool:

switz
Jan 3rd, 2005, 11:24 AM
Can somebody tell me what was controversial about the circumstances? :)

i'm guessing it would be a russian who is hardly a draw card for the general public getting a wild card over a kiwi.

definitely better for the tournament to give her a go though. she is probably the best player in the draw playing well.

Mathijs
Jan 3rd, 2005, 01:05 PM
way to go Lina!! :bounce:, i'm really pleased and happy about this win :), hopefully you can go far in this tourney and be able to crack the top 100 again!!! :yeah:

Muffin the Mule
Jan 3rd, 2005, 01:36 PM
Congrats to Lina :bigclap:

Hope she can stay healthy as she's a Top 20 player at least

Chunchun
Jan 3rd, 2005, 02:01 PM
:banana: :aparty:

crazillo
Jan 3rd, 2005, 02:31 PM
WD Lina!

Monica_Rules
Jan 3rd, 2005, 02:56 PM
Good for Lina

PointBlank
Jan 3rd, 2005, 04:11 PM
Yay Lina :woohoo:

Harju.
Jan 3rd, 2005, 04:15 PM
Well done Lina. :aparty:

Linnie
Jan 3rd, 2005, 04:16 PM
Lina :bounce: Great!

daniela86
Jan 3rd, 2005, 04:23 PM
i'm so glad for her!! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :hug: :hug: :) :D

Tichi
Jan 3rd, 2005, 04:23 PM
She's a great player. In august 2003, she managed to win in the 3th round from an in-form Kim Clijsters and went straight on to the finals where she fell to Justine Hénin.

charmedRic
Jan 4th, 2005, 02:06 AM
She should do well, IF she stays healthy.

tenn_ace
Jan 4th, 2005, 02:10 AM
well done Lina! hopefully, you're fully back! :kiss:

beauty_is_pink
Jan 4th, 2005, 02:15 AM
I'm super duper happy for her!

Come on Lina! Get back on track! :woohoo: :worship: :dance:

Topher950
Jan 4th, 2005, 02:15 AM
YES!!! one of my linas is back on track. Im sooo happy for her!!! now for the other lina, k-lina, she just needs some confidance!!! Good luck k-lina!! and GO Lina K Win this next match, and show em u deserved this wildcard!!

cometz9
Jan 4th, 2005, 03:25 AM
It's nice to see Lina coming back healthy. Good Luck in 2005 :D

cartmancop
Jan 4th, 2005, 03:27 AM
Great job Lina! It's so good to see her playing again. She showed a lot of potential before several of the other Russians who currently inhabit the top 20. Remember when she beat Clijsters just after Kim had become #1? That seems like such a long time ago, so much has changed. :(

slice
Jan 4th, 2005, 03:28 AM
a good win for hedgehog and even though she barred me at the adidas international a few years ago, it was really upsetting seeing her fall in melbourne going for a dropshot that conchi hit :sad:

hope she does well 4 the rest of the aussie circuit :)

Prizeidiot
Jan 4th, 2005, 05:38 AM
Successful start to her doubles as well, winning in 3

goldenlox
Jan 4th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Lina has been in the top 25. She has talent. She needs to stay healthy.

tom2791
Jan 4th, 2005, 04:47 PM
I am not a full supporter of her but I do want to see her get back so go Lina!

Sonja
Jan 4th, 2005, 04:54 PM
So pleased to see one in the victory column :)

Congratulations Lina - Keep it up!

*Jool*
Jan 4th, 2005, 05:57 PM
Good for her
I'm desappointed coz she plays 2R against Srebotnik
I want Kata to win , but I'm always happy when a player comes back winning...coz Lina deserves it .

jenny161185
Jan 4th, 2005, 07:49 PM
nice comeback for Lina

Escape
Jan 4th, 2005, 10:11 PM
Well done Lina :hug:
Now keep it going for the next match :)

Jem
Jan 5th, 2005, 01:39 AM
Hoping this will be the beginning of a great comeback story for Krasnoroutskaya. The injuries have been tough on her.

Prizeidiot
Jan 5th, 2005, 09:27 AM
She finally lost, 7-6 6-1 to Srebotnik today. So much for my predicted first tournament miracle. But that's fine, a good comeback nevertheless. Her game will come together with more matches.