PDA

View Full Version : Where are they now?

rightous
Jan 3rd, 2005, 01:55 AM
I was looking through my CD collection (some very scary things in there!!!lol) and I noticed there are some artists who have simply disappeared (and yes some of them deserved to!!!lol). Here's a few:

Debelah Morgan, she has a cool song called Dance for me and an album I think

Filter, released one of my fave songs ever, take a picture, haven't heard of them since

Paula Cole, I know she released an album not so long ago under the Paula Cole Band but she was amazing writer

Lene Marlin, not a massive fan I liked her second song her first, Sitting down here was really annoying, like why was she telling us she was sitting down there if we could see her!!!!lol

Robyn, a swedish chick had some really good songs

Kandi, had a slammin track (Don't think I'm not), I know she wrote some stuff for others

P.O.D. i really liked youth of a nation haven't heard anything else

Sophie B Hawkins, one of my fave artists of the early 1990's ( I know she had released timber like 4/5 years ago, I'm guessing she was dropped I think the album might have been a little too lesbian!!!!lol)

Case- I loved Missing you, has he gone to no career heaven

These are going some, no doubt we all are wondering where some people have gone to

BritneySpearsIsHot
Jan 3rd, 2005, 09:25 AM
Sophie B Hawkins, one of my fave artists of the early 1990's ( I know she had released timber like 4/5 years ago, I'm guessing she was dropped I think the album might have been a little too lesbian!!!!lol)

These are going some, no doubt we all are wondering where some people have gone to
Damn i wish i was your lover - A Sophie B Hawkins hit i loved, not a come on to rightous :p

What happened to 'Zoe' - 'Sunshine on a rainy day'

They started playing the song on'The Vault' in the UK.......i never realised how gorgeous she was, i only ever liked the song

Tina Arena :hearts:

The Shamen :confused:

Glenn Medeiros :lol:

SilK
Jan 3rd, 2005, 09:33 AM
Soul Singer Called Maria :confused:

What happened to her?

OMG, what about this rapper Queen Penn... Or whatever her name was. She was on Blackstreets 'No Diggity'. I know she released an album! :tape:

How bout Diddy's little band DREAM. They had a hit with 'He Loves Me Not', or something like that... :D

How about Ray J, Brandy's kid bro? Where's he at?

Ekkekko
Jan 3rd, 2005, 09:49 AM
Peter Andre? Kavana? :shrug:

skanky~skanketta
Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:58 AM
girl!ewww....let them stay gone please!:tape:

Princess Fiona
Jan 3rd, 2005, 01:14 PM
I can help with Mr. Andre here... ;) He appeared on the reality show "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here" last year and found a girlfriend in the glamour model Jordan. I believe they are now engaged (aargh, are they engaged? I should know this with the celebrity magazines I have read... *cough* ;) ) and they have a reality show called "When Peter Met Jordan" (or "When Jordan Met Peter"... ). Peter also reached #1 in the British charts last year with a re-release of his song "Mysterious Girl"... (He had another hit with the song "Insania" too... )

Fiona, Peter Andre expert... :o :o ;)

I KNOW there are names I want to add to this thread... I'll Be Back... </Terminator voice> ;)

Fantastic
Jan 3rd, 2005, 05:15 PM
Glenn Medeiros could be living handsomely off the royalties from "Nothing's Gonna Change My Love" if he wasn't a sex slave living in Cuba. Some bored, rich housewife from Florida kidnapped him and makes him live naked in a dungeon under her mansion in Havana. She only takes him out to use him whenever she feels horny or he needs a good hose down. He hasn't seen daylight in years and is suffering from ricketts, brittle bones, poor eyesight and a sickeningly emaciated body, but his penis remains a weapon of ass destruction. Glenn's record company are still searching for him and went to check this story out but could not find him. The woman bragged about keeping poor Glenn Medeiros prisoner to a tabloid. She's probably insane and it's probably not true, but I loved this story when I read it about eight years ago.

Rocketta
Jan 3rd, 2005, 06:02 PM
Ray J is around....he hosted something on BET just the other day.

What happened to Jay Youngblood....he had a remake called "I would Rather Go Blind" I loved that song...

What happened to The D.O.C.? I know something happened to his throat but was never able to find out exactly what happend? His first album is my favorite rap album of all time.

and yes what did happen to Case?

Richie77
Jan 3rd, 2005, 06:25 PM
Marky :wavey: Great thread!

I signed on ebay this weekend, and bought the CD by "Around The Way," a pop group from the early 90's. They had a song which I liked, but was never a big hit (It got up to No. 99 here in the States). I never figured I'd find that song again, but a simple Yahoo search turned it up!

brickhousesupporter
Jan 3rd, 2005, 06:46 PM
Ray J is around....he hosted something on BET just the other day.

What happened to Jay Youngblood....he had a remake called "I would Rather Go Blind" I loved that song...

What happened to The D.O.C.? I know something happened to his throat but was never able to find out exactly what happend? His first album is my favorite rap album of all time.

and yes what did happen to Case?
What happened to case......we finally realized he could not really sing, or had any talent. Don't get me wrong, I love Case, and happily ever after is one of my favorite songs, but he could not sing a hook to save his life. Check it out, all of his songs have someone else singing the hook. Faded pictures feature Joe, Happily ever after feature that female singer, it might be beyonce etc.

Rocketta
Jan 3rd, 2005, 07:02 PM
What happened to case......we finally realized he could not really sing, or had any talent. Don't get me wrong, I love Case, and happily ever after is one of my favorite songs, but he could not sing a hook to save his life. Check it out, all of his songs have someone else singing the hook. Faded pictures feature Joe, Happily ever after feature that female singer, it might be beyonce etc.
Well that's been the theme lately hasn't it? High on Looks, low on talent. ;)

tfannis
Jan 3rd, 2005, 07:03 PM
What happened to Hanson? :lol:

Lord Chips
Jan 3rd, 2005, 07:15 PM
Lene Marlin, not a massive fan I liked her second song her first, Sitting down here was really annoying, like why was she telling us she was sitting down there if we could see her!!!!lol
After a 3 year break, due to contractual problems with her former recording company, Lene released a new album "Another Day", which in my opinion, is one of the best albums I've ever brought. It may only be 10 tracks long but the songs, really spoke to me. A lot of them are rather dark and about coping with depression and at the time I brought the album I was going through theropy and it helped a lot. I'd deffinatly recomend it to anyone.

Link to Amazon page: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000CAPVX/qid=1104778296/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/026-5532218-1759657

Rocketta
Jan 3rd, 2005, 07:15 PM
Hanson is still making music and probably still has a decent following. The boys grew up and they changed the type of music they perform. They perform that folky guitar kind of music now I think. Well I've seen them perform live twice and both times it was with the brothers just playing guitar and singing live. :shrug:

tfannis
Jan 3rd, 2005, 07:21 PM
Hanson is still making music and probably still has a decent following. The boys grew up and they changed the type of music they perform. They perform that folky guitar kind of music now I think. Well I've seen them perform live twice and both times it was with the brothers just playing guitar and singing live. :shrug:
Cool :lol: thanks lol ;)
so now even the little blond guy must be an adult..I bet he lost all is cutiness :mad:

Rocketta
Jan 3rd, 2005, 07:22 PM
Cool :lol: thanks lol ;)
so now even the little blond guy must be an adult..I bet he lost all is cutiness :mad::lol:, yeah very little cuteness left in any of them...;)

Rocketta
Jan 3rd, 2005, 07:25 PM
btw, they have a web page...i'm sure there are some pics there...

http://www.hanson.net/main.aspx

Emola
Jan 3rd, 2005, 07:27 PM
What happened to Hanson? :lol:
I saw a new video of theirs on a music channel yesterday :eek: couldn't tell you what it was called though.

jrm
Jan 3rd, 2005, 08:38 PM

I LOVED THE SHAMEN :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: EBENEEZER GOODE, LOVE SEX INTELIGENT, PHOREVER PEOPLE, BUSS DRUM

rightous
Jan 3rd, 2005, 09:08 PM
Hanson's new song is called 'Penny and me' it definely isn't a classic, they are all big and so very not cute, the tall one still looks like a gorilla

Britneyissohot, you can come on to me whenever you want;) Tina Arena is releasing a new greatest hits album in the UK in 2 weeks so she must still be alive, I loved Chains!!!lol

Fiona you know WAYYYYYYYYYYYY too much about Peter Andre for my liking!!!lol

Hey Richie, I figure I might as well come up with a good thread once every 3 years!!!lol

Brαm
Jan 3rd, 2005, 09:14 PM
What happened to Lauryn Hill? :sad:

Monica_Rules
Jan 3rd, 2005, 09:14 PM
Hanson played a gig at my uni's academy in November, Manchester in the UK!

katiektc
Jan 3rd, 2005, 09:19 PM
Lauryn Hill went off to have 5 million babies with Bob Marleys son.
Fair play.
I loved her though.

What about Ricky Martin, ATB, Wiseguys, Adam Ricket ( :lol: ), A1, Fierce, Lolly, and Hepburn??!

i got all those faders from a free cd i got from smash hits in 1999. :cool:

katiektc
Jan 3rd, 2005, 09:20 PM
Hanson played a gig at my uni's academy in November, Manchester in the UK!

Hanson played in Manchester? omg i would have so travelled from Uni in Liverpool to go see them!

To laugh of course :lol:

Hayato
Jan 3rd, 2005, 09:20 PM
Damn i wish i was your lover - A Sophie B Hawkins hit i loved, not a come on to rightous :p

They started playing the song on'The Vault' in the UK.......i never realised how gorgeous she was, i only ever liked the song

Tina Arena has a recent song out called "Italian Love Song". (not that i'm a fan)

What has happened to Tina Cousins? :sad:

tfannis
Jan 3rd, 2005, 09:40 PM
:lol:, yeah very little cuteness left in any of them...;)
:eek: It's even worse than I thought. The blond guy is now a brunette :o He had so much potential damnit ;)

Zamboni
Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:16 PM
I actually like "Penny and me", it's a nice song but yeah, Hanson lost it's cuteness.

Lene Marlin had released a 2nd album I think less than a year ago but I'm afraid it didn't do well :sad:

What happened to Gabrielle? Is she still making music? I liked her album Rise.

Dava
Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:16 PM
About the Kandi album...it was onlu intended as a project, she writes loads of songs for loads of people, and is part of Shek'Speare Productions with Kevin Briggs...or she was...they dont seem to have worked as a team lately.

Stijn
Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:23 PM
Alana Dante
Melanie B
B*Witched
Cleopatra

Where are these classy acts :shrug:

Kuti Kis&Monica
Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:23 PM
What about Corona :lol: "This is the rythm of the night" or "I don't wanna be a star" lol

-Em-
Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:26 PM
Peter Andre Kavana? :shrug:
You're not missing him, right? :scared: :unsure: :scared:

Zamboni
Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:27 PM
Alana Dante
Melanie B
B*Witched
Cleopatra

Cleopatra split up I think...Cleo wanted a solo career but she never got anywhere ;)
And hey I liked their first album, for playing once or twice - it was so happy:)

Brαm
Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:31 PM
Cleopatra split up I think...Cleo wanted a solo career but she never got anywhere ;)
And hey I liked their first album, for playing once or twice - it was so happy:)
Awww Cleopatra :angel: :baby:

"Get a pen and paper, write down our name
You will realize our aim is the same (as the others!)
We all have that dream to make it to the top
When we do we know we're never gonna stop"

"Being together (ooh) we'll last forever (hey-eh-eh-eeyaay)
Our minds will stay the same
We won't be beaten down by fame
Lovin' each other (ooh) one and another
We all want the same success
So we're wishing for the best"

katiektc
Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:31 PM
Cleopatra...were like, comin at ya :cool:

Stijn
Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:33 PM
Didn't the Backstreet Boys try to make a comeback last year?
Did it flop that badly :angel:
I didn't hear their new song anywhere :aparty:

Emola
Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:46 PM
Who sang that song that went like this:

"shine...shine like a star, shining so bright, like the star that you are...woooooah. shine into the future spreading your light wherever you are"

just interested, thats all :lol:

Mrs. Peel
Jan 3rd, 2005, 11:13 PM

OMG...a friend just gave me a mixed cd with a Tina Arena song on it and :hearts: :hearts: I must get more of her music!

SilK
Jan 3rd, 2005, 11:16 PM
What happened to Lauryn Hill? :sad:

She's in the studio working on a new album, right?

Although this rumor has been around ever since The Miseducation came out :rolleyes:

SilK
Jan 3rd, 2005, 11:17 PM
Whatever happened to Farrah, ex-Destiny's Child???

Mrs. Peel
Jan 3rd, 2005, 11:21 PM
Tina Arena is releasing a new greatest hits album in the UK in 2 weeks so she must still be alive, I loved Chains!!!lol

:woohoo:

jrm
Jan 3rd, 2005, 11:36 PM
Boyz II Men
Des'ree

rightous
Jan 4th, 2005, 12:05 AM
Boyz II Men are working on a new album i think and Des'ree should she be allowed to record after 'Life', hello with words like 'I'm afraid of the dark, especially when I'm in a park, oh i get the shivers, i don't donna see a ghost, its the sight that i fear most, rather have a piece of toast, and watch the evening news'. Quality.

Rocketta
Jan 4th, 2005, 12:09 AM
BoysIIMen's Throwback was horrendous...:( :( :(

Avid Merrion
Jan 4th, 2005, 12:12 AM
Des'ree should she be allowed to record after 'Life', hello with words like 'I'm afraid of the dark, especially when I'm in a park, oh i get the shivers, i don't donna see a ghost, its the sight that i fear most, rather have a piece of toast, and watch the evening news'. Quality.
:haha: omg, some radio show was taking the piss out of her lyrics recently. they were so bad they were good! :lol:

harloo
Jan 4th, 2005, 12:29 AM
I thought Case could sing. I liked his single Happily Ever After. He wasn't that bad, I just think it's very hard for male R&B singers who don't sing pop to gain a crossover audience. Their are many good singers who just don't make the cut crossover wise. IMO, Case was another statistic.;)

harloo
Jan 4th, 2005, 12:31 AM
BoysIIMen's Throwback was horrendous...:( :( :(
I miss Boys II Men. They all have emaculate voices and harmonize very well. It's too bad they got lost in the 90's. I think the problem is that they could not adjust to the new age.;)

harloo
Jan 4th, 2005, 12:36 AM
What happened too:

Az Yet-babyface produced male group

Zhane- Mr DJ was their hit.

Rah Digga- Party and Bull$#@!

Jimmy Cozier?

Truth Hurts

Joe Budden?

Joana
Jan 4th, 2005, 12:49 AM
Boyz II Men are working on a new album i think and Des'ree should she be allowed to record after 'Life', hello with words like 'I'm afraid of the dark, especially when I'm in a park, oh i get the shivers, i don't donna see a ghost, its the sight that i fear most, rather have a piece of toast, and watch the evening news'. Quality.
Well, it's about as meaningless as the great majority of all other lyrics.

What happened to Nathalie Imbruglia?

rightous
Jan 4th, 2005, 01:08 AM
harloo Truth Hurts is releasng a new single, its quite retro/old school feeling

brickhousesupporter
Jan 4th, 2005, 01:55 AM
What happened too:

Az Yet-babyface produced male group

Jimmy Cozier?

Truth Hurts

Joe Budden?Az Yet-babyface produced male group
I am sorry harloo, but that question should not even be asked about this group. They never really existed. That one song where they saw the sun the moon etc, does not really count.
Now I can cosign on this.....What ever happened to Grove Theory. They had a song call Tell Me.
I consider her my favorite female mc.....The voice is deep and rich....I beat that bitch with a bat...
Jimmy Cozier?
Que......Is that the guy who song sometimes she loves me sometimes she love me not......See AzYet critique.
Truth Hurts
Shoot if I got sued as much as she and DJ Quick did, I would not want anything to do with the record industry either.
Joe Budden?
Seasons change, and summer is over.....Don't know one have use for a summer party anthem once summer is done.. See Adina Howard, and Montell althought montell has had some moderate success.

Aerien
Jan 4th, 2005, 02:14 AM
Adam Ricket ( :lol: )
Became a stage actor mostly, most notably appeared in the "RENT" production and about to go on the "Telstar" theater production. :)

Can't deny that it's the body that'll catch your eye. :angel:

Here's my own question:
What happened to Portishead? It's been about seven years (doing a Sarah McLachlan?) since thier last album. Last I heard was they were in Australia recording thier album but that was two-three years ago already. Thier website isn't kind to thier fans. :(

Beth Gibbons at least let us know she's still alive.

tfannis
Jan 4th, 2005, 09:24 AM
3T anyone? :unsure:

I got slapped by a friend once, because I told her they sucked :o

rightous
Jan 4th, 2005, 11:10 AM
Holly Valance is acting in the USA apparently, she rejected celebrity big brother in the UK cos she is wokring in the States, who knew

Princess Fiona
Jan 4th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Alana Dante
Melanie B
B*Witched
Cleopatra

Melanie B is starring in a movie with Kelly Rowland (from Destiny's Child) right now - it's apparently 'only' showing in one cinema here in the UK... (My source: Ceefax. This had better be right Ceefax... *growl* ;) )

B*Witched (wow... *sigh* :) ) - one of the B*Witched twins has a songwriting credit on one of the songs on the Sugababes album "Three"...

(B*Witched - my favourite girl pop band everrrr!! The bands just aren't like that these days... :sad: *sniff* ;) )

Rocketta
Jan 4th, 2005, 12:54 PM
I miss Boys II Men. They all have emaculate voices and harmonize very well. It's too bad they got lost in the 90's. I think the problem is that they could not adjust to the new age.;)
Harloo, you won't think they have emaculate voices if you listen to Throwback....it is horrible. I think they picked the exact songs that made them seem like they couldn't sing at all. :retard:

You should download it.....it has to be heard to be believed. :eek:

Zamboni
Jan 4th, 2005, 01:52 PM
3T anyone? :unsure:

I got slapped by a friend once, because I told her they sucked :o
Well they released Stuck on you not long ago ;) So I guess they're still making music

BritneySpearsIsHot
Jan 4th, 2005, 02:32 PM
I LOVED THE SHAMEN :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: EBENEEZER GOODE, LOVE SEX INTELIGENT, PHOREVER PEOPLE, BOSS DRUM
:yeah:

Still got the album.........somewhere :eek:

BritneySpearsIsHot
Jan 4th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Britneyissohot, you can come on to me whenever you want;) Tina Arena is releasing a new greatest hits album in the UK in 2 weeks so she must still be alive, I loved Chains!!!lol

Greatest Hits :eek: She only had very few in the UK :p

She might not be alive, cos Elvis keeps releasing..........but hopefully she is..........:angel:

BritneySpearsIsHot
Jan 4th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Lolly
:hearts: What a hottie :p

BritneySpearsIsHot
Jan 4th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Tina Arena has a recent song out called "Italian Love Song". (not that i'm a fan)

What has happened to Tina Cousins? :sad:
Never heard it :(

Tina Cousins had about 2 hits, sang wth Sash and kinda disappeared :lol:

BritneySpearsIsHot
Jan 4th, 2005, 02:38 PM
OMG...a friend just gave me a mixed cd with a Tina Arena song on it and :hearts: :hearts: I must get more of her music!
Go to limewire, expect there's a fair bit there

BritneySpearsIsHot
Jan 4th, 2005, 02:41 PM
(B*Witched - my favourite girl pop band everrrr!! The bands just aren't like that these days... :sad: *sniff* ;) )
"Some people say i look like me dad" :haha:

jrm
Jan 4th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Joan Osborne (One Of Us)
Billie Myers (Kiss The Rain)
Hootie and the Blowfish
Tevin Campbell
Deborah Cox

Rocketta
Jan 4th, 2005, 11:55 PM
Quincy Jones still makes sure Tevin gets work occassionally but he never really recovered from his awkward gay but trying to hide it teen phase. Oh and his arrest for lewd conduct and pot charge. ;)

Deborah Cox is into acting now I think

Joan Osborne.....I saw her on the the Standing in the Shadows of Motown documentary.

Randy H
Jan 5th, 2005, 02:30 AM
I was looking through my CD collection (some very scary things in there!!!lol) and I noticed there are some artists who have simply disappeared (and yes some of them deserved to!!!lol). Here's a few:

Debelah Morgan, she has a cool song called Dance for me and an album I think

Filter, released one of my fave songs ever, take a picture, haven't heard of them since

Paula Cole, I know she released an album not so long ago under the Paula Cole Band but she was amazing writer

Robyn, a swedish chick had some really good songs

Kandi, had a slammin track (Don't think I'm not), I know she wrote some stuff for others

P.O.D. i really liked youth of a nation haven't heard anything else

Case- I loved Missing you, has he gone to no career heaven

I miss Robyn! I was listening to her the other day!

CC
Jan 5th, 2005, 03:18 AM
What about Fiona Apple? How long has it been?