PDA

View Full Version : Martina Hingis Falls For Sol Campbell

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jan 2nd, 2005, 11:20 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/3906561.stm

MARTINA GUNS FOR SOL

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40682000/jpg/_40682727_hingis203.jpg

The Sunday Mirror reports that Martina Hingis has fallen for Arsenal and England defender Sol Campbell.

The pair were apparently introduced by Campbell's former Tottenham team-mate Ramon Vega at an Adidas publicity launch in October.

Since then, they are said to have enjoyed a number of dinner dates before they both attended the launch of the United Nations 'Year of Sport' in December.

Hingis, 24, has been single since splitting from Swiss restauranteur Stefan Egger while 30-year-old Campbell recently ended his relationship with interior designer Kelly Hoppen.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I know its gossip and some people will be like :rolleyes: , but I think that some people will also be interested in the story.

tennis ace
Jan 2nd, 2005, 11:21 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA this will be sooooo sweet if this story is true.

tenn_ace
Jan 2nd, 2005, 11:22 PM
way to go Martina! ;) :kiss:

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 2nd, 2005, 11:24 PM
Sol......... is that why he's out injured for tomorrow :lol:

harloo
Jan 2nd, 2005, 11:26 PM
Martina tasting the chocolate?:eek: ;)

tennis ace
Jan 2nd, 2005, 11:27 PM
:lol: i know!!!!

PSUjcapfan
Jan 2nd, 2005, 11:27 PM
HAHAHA!!!

SzavayFi
Jan 2nd, 2005, 11:28 PM
:lol:

Bezz
Jan 2nd, 2005, 11:34 PM
A bit of an odd pairing, but after seeing what some of the other WTA girls go for, she could do alot worse :cool:

icequeen
Jan 2nd, 2005, 11:35 PM
She sure don't discriminate.

Pamela Shriver
Jan 2nd, 2005, 11:41 PM
The most unlikely pairing since I hooked up with James Bond. Aint life strange!

Dawn Marie
Jan 2nd, 2005, 11:46 PM
"IF" this is true she won't go back...

Cilla
Jan 2nd, 2005, 11:46 PM
Sol & Martina :eek: Well, I don't mind as long as Sol keeps his damn mind on the job! Arsenal first, Martina later :p

Crazy Canuck
Jan 2nd, 2005, 11:49 PM
Poor Sol. Everybody knows about the Hingis curse except him, I guess. He'll learn soon enough :sad:

Emola
Jan 2nd, 2005, 11:54 PM
Sol & Martina :eek: Well, I don't mind as long as Sol keeps his damn mind on the job! Arsenal first, Martina later :p
:lol: Martina first, Arsenal later sounds better to me :p

I saw this in the paper this morning and admit I was quite suprised! Secret dates eh :hehehe:

Brandon85
Jan 3rd, 2005, 01:45 AM
that's great!

GermanBoy
Jan 3rd, 2005, 01:54 AM
Poor Sol Campbell! :o

Alan
Jan 3rd, 2005, 01:57 AM
MARTINA: "Once you go black, you never go back!" ;)

just kidding!

starr
Jan 3rd, 2005, 02:14 AM
I'm so glad she isn't with that STefan guy anymore. I never did like him. I'm thinking this is a fling, but this guy looks better than the Stefan guy.

Whatever........ I hope he's a fun guy and that he makes Martina laugh a lot. :)

JenFan75
Jan 3rd, 2005, 03:25 AM
Interesting...

Martian Jeza
Jan 3rd, 2005, 05:06 AM
Nnnnnnnnnoooooooo, not Martina with an Arsenil player and specialy not Sol :mad: :mad: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

Doraemon
Jan 3rd, 2005, 05:07 AM
from that pic, he's damn uigly.

Martian Jeza
Jan 3rd, 2005, 05:14 AM
from that pic, he's damn uigly.

He's always ugly anyway

Miranda
Jan 3rd, 2005, 05:42 AM
oh, i thought that she will marry Stefan later :sad: , this was the longest time she was with her bf :sad:

moby
Jan 3rd, 2005, 05:48 AM
I rather think Sol Campbell fell for Martina instead :p

switz
Jan 3rd, 2005, 06:16 AM
um don't most british papers just create interesting stories by tying unrelated facts together and using questionable sources?

good for them if it is true

Oizo
Jan 3rd, 2005, 09:27 AM
um don't most british papers just create interesting stories by tying unrelated facts together and using questionable sources?

good for them if it is true
:yeah:

sartrista7
Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:05 AM
The original article from the Sunday Mirror -

HEADLINE: SOL COURT WITH MARTINA HINGIS;
EXCLUSIVE

BYLINE: SUZANNE KERINS AND ALLISON MARTIN

HIGHLIGHT:
Hingis was on top of the world at 16; Sol's ex-love Kelly Hoppen; Dido dated soccer star

BODY:
ENGLAND football star Sol Campbell is enjoying a love match with former Wimbledon tennis champion Martina Hingis.

The Arsenal idol has formed a doubles partnership with the 24-year-old Swiss beauty, who has an estimated £25million fortune, after meeting her at a sports sponsorship event.

And the couple have made it game, set and match after going out together on a number of secret dates.

A friend said: "It's early days, but Sol has really fallen for Martina. They are taking things slowly, but have become inseparable in recent weeks.

"Both of them don't want to rush into a full-on romance too quickly. But they have really hit it off and have a lot in common.

"She has such a refreshing and easy-going nature and is always smiling. Their passion for sport has made their relationship very strong.""

Sol, 30, who has a £16million fortune, was linked to singer Dido after his split from wealthy interior designer Kelly Hoppen, who is worth £30million. But friends say that was not a serious relationship, and he only met Dido - worth £20million - a few times.

He has secretly become close to Martina who has poured out her heart to him about how she rarely got to meet people during her career - and was now revelling in her new-found freedom since quitting the game two years ago.

The pair were introduced by Sol's former team-mate Ramon Vega at an Adidas publicity launch in October.

Afterwards, away from cameras, the pair went to a coffee bar where they chatted intimately. The couple have enjoyed a number of secret dinner dates in London. But they were pictured together at the European launch of the United Nations' Year of Sport at London's Somerset House on December 13.

Martina, who is also an accomplished skier and ice skater, gave an impromptu display of her prowess on the ice rink at Somerset House.

Martina and Sol are goodwill ambassadors for the UN and will be travelling around the world together to attend events. After the launch they were guests at a dinner to mark a tie-up between Britain and Switzerland to encourage friendship and dialogue between the two countries.

The Slovakian-born tennis star, who now works as a TV commentator, bought a house in Zurich last summer and spoke of her love for ex-boyfriend Stefan Egger.

She said she had grown to enjoy her life following her retirement from tennis after an ankle injury in 2002.

Martina became the youngest girl - at the age of 16 in 1997 - to win the Wimbledon singles title.

news@sundaymirror.co.uk

THE HINGIS FILE

NAME: Martina Hingis. AGE: 24.

BIRTHPLACE: Kosice, Slovakia.

JOB: TV commentator since quitting the professional tennis circuit in 2002 after failing to recover from a foot injury.

HOME: Five-bedroom house in Zurich, Switzerland.

CAREER HIGHS: Five-times grand slam champion and youngest player to reach the world No1 ranking at the age of 16.

EX-FACTOR: Swiss restaurateur Stefan Egger and tennis player Ivo Heuberger.

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:11 AM
mentioning money alot aren't they
seems like Sol only likes rich chicks :lol:

SpikeyAidanm
Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:18 AM
their children will be hot.

switz
Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:43 AM
their children will be hot.

that sounds really wrong spikey (i'm sure not intentionally)

dylan24
Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:46 AM
i thought she was seeing the golf guy from spain, sergio.
i guess martina likes to go thru a lot of guys

Lemonskin.
Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:48 AM
Well she IS Swiss... and they know good chokky :cool:

Daniel
Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:57 AM
Martin :D :D

volley1
Jan 3rd, 2005, 06:08 PM
bump

SJW
Jan 3rd, 2005, 09:19 PM
He's always ugly anyway

i find that highly hilarious after seeing a couple of pictures of you :)

jenny161185
Jan 3rd, 2005, 09:44 PM
sols cool whats the story with that article mentioning everybody involveds wealth

go hingis
Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:55 PM
Well I didn't know she broke up with Stefan but oh well, his loss.

Go Martina! looks like we both like our men tall, dark and handsome.

Martian Jeza
Jan 3rd, 2005, 11:06 PM

Did I say, I'm beautifull once in my life ? No then don't come with such bullshit...

icequeen
Jan 3rd, 2005, 11:07 PM

Since then she had quite a few more men before this chocolate dude.

calabar
Jan 3rd, 2005, 11:20 PM
Er, shouldn't that be the other way around?

starr
Jan 3rd, 2005, 11:32 PM
I looked up some of his pictures. He's not an exceptionally good looking guy, but he's attractive. More important is his personality and his heart. I hope both of those are good. It's nice that both of them are UN ambassadors. :)

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jan 4th, 2005, 08:02 AM
By the way, when did Martina break up with Sergio Garcia?

greenfunkTHREE.
Jan 4th, 2005, 08:20 AM
i thought sergio garcia was married??

Vincent
Jan 4th, 2005, 08:38 AM
By the way, when did Martina break up with Sergio Garcia?Errr.....that was like 2 years ago when Martina was still playing...:o:o:o

flyingmachine
Jan 4th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Sol & Martina :eek:
If that is true we will see Martina more often at Highbury. ;)
The press is going to love it.

SJW
Jan 4th, 2005, 12:47 PM
Did I say, I'm beautifull once in my life ? No then don't come with such bullshit...

you're right. you're more than qualified to judge such a thing. my bad :)

Martian Jeza
Jan 4th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Sol & Martina :eek:
If that is true we will see Martina more often at Highbury. ;)
The press is going to love it.

It will be hard for a Die Hard Martian to see my tennis idol at Arsenil stadium :mad:

Martian Jeza
Jan 4th, 2005, 12:56 PM
you're right. you're more than qualified to judge such a thing. my bad :)

Do ya thing you hurt me ? Forget it, girl

kabuki
Jan 4th, 2005, 12:59 PM

:eek:

Way to break it down.

Martian Jeza
Jan 4th, 2005, 01:00 PM
:eek:

Way to break it down.

Oki then, I laugh with you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kabuki
Jan 4th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Oki then, I laugh with you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cool. :wavey:

Circe
Jan 4th, 2005, 04:16 PM
martina does play the field dont she?

i think he's hot. where can i get a piece of that chocolate?

Pureracket
Jan 4th, 2005, 04:24 PM
If this rumour is true, it's hilarious.LOL!!!!!

tom2791
Jan 4th, 2005, 04:30 PM
If this is true, I am very happy for Martina and Sol

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 4th, 2005, 04:53 PM
I keep telling y'all...Aint no d*ck like some black d*ck...:p

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jan 5th, 2005, 12:14 AM
Errr.....that was like 2 years ago when Martina was still playing...
Thank you.

Jaime Bahena
Jan 5th, 2005, 07:46 PM
I keep telling y'all...Aint no d*ck like some black d*ck...:p

Why do you suppose Serena isn't particularly fond of it? She is dating a white guy, right? [that director guy]

JenCpLvr
Jan 5th, 2005, 09:13 PM
"IF" this is true she won't go back...
she won't go back to what? white men?

Oh please, I've had both and much prefer a white man.. so to say someone will never go back is silly. :rolleyes:

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 6th, 2005, 03:41 AM

Oh please, I've had both and much prefer a white man.. so to say someone will never go back is silly. :rolleyes:
That's because you're strange...:p

Bacardi
Jan 6th, 2005, 04:27 AM
I gotta say, THIS IS SHOCKING... but glad to see Martina left the Ski-bum. I was worrying she might marry him.

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 6th, 2005, 04:33 AM
I AM SHOCKED at some of the responses on this board...why is it so shocking in 2004? Especially in europe...:shrug:

Bacardi
Jan 6th, 2005, 06:31 AM
I AM SHOCKED at some of the responses on this board...why is it so shocking in 2004? Especially in europe...:shrug:

I think because half of us sorta thought after some comments Martina made in the past, that she might be a lil bit racist... However, this proves that entirely wrong. I never thought she was, but I admit I'm shocked to see she's dating him. If it had been anyone else, I wouldn't have thought anything about it. But the fact it's Hingis... shocks me. Then again, I think she wants a collection of men in every shape, size and color. ;)

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 6th, 2005, 06:33 AM
I think because half of us sorta thought after some comments Martina made in the past, that she might be a lil bit racist... However, this proves that entirely wrong. I never thought she was, but I admit I'm shocked to see she's dating him. If it had been anyone else, I wouldn't have thought anything about it. But the fact it's Hingis... shocks me. Then again, I think she wants a collection of men in every shape, size and color. ;)
Got you...:kiss:

Bacardi
Jan 6th, 2005, 06:43 AM
Yep Cam :)

It just confuses half the board probably that the same chick that made the comment about Venus and Serena maybe being where they are because of their color (It was in Time Magazine, have the issue somewhere)... makes you think this is a lil bit of interest to see who she's now dating. Then again, maybe this is her and her mother Melanie's play of producing the next big Tennis Star with the best genes :devil:

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 6th, 2005, 06:48 AM
Yep Cam :)

It just confuses half the board probably that the same chick that made the comment about Venus and Serena maybe being where they are because of their color (It was in Time Magazine, have the issue somewhere)... makes you think this is a lil bit of interest to see who she's now dating. Then again, maybe this is her and her mother Melanie's play of producing the next big Tennis Star with the best genes :devil:MMMMMM very interesting...Melanie would fit in...she already have the afro...:tape:

Bacardi
Jan 6th, 2005, 06:51 AM
MMMMMM very interesting...Melanie would fit in...she already have the afro...:tape:

:haha:

I dunno, last pic I saw of her, she nearly had a buzz cut :tape:

irinska
Jan 6th, 2005, 06:59 AM
Martina has never been a recist ! It was the american midia that misinterpreted her words in order to make news.

SJW
Jan 6th, 2005, 06:22 PM

homie told me after that experience with you, he wouldn't go back either :wavey:

Dawn Marie
Jan 8th, 2005, 11:52 PM
Just because Martina likes to sleep wth a man who is balck doesn't mean she is not a racist. Her past comments were highly ignorant and one can be ignorant and sleep with a black man.

Slave owners have been doing this shit for years.. sheesh.

barmaid
Jan 9th, 2005, 12:51 AM
Just because Martina likes to sleep wth a man who is balck doesn't mean she is not a racist. Her past comments were highly ignorant and one can be ignorant and sleep with a black man.

Slave owners have been doing this shit for years.. sheesh.

Dawn Marie: I think you're watching too many "Roots" re-runs...sheesh!:eek:

barmaid:wavey:

franny
Jan 9th, 2005, 01:00 AM
Martina never made a defamatory remark towards the Williams that I would consider racist. The worst that I can remember was one time when Martina said that it was easier for the Williams Sister to get things their way because they were black and everyone had to be so politically correct. That's the worst she's ever said. Never had she made a negative remark against the Williams that was racists. I defy you to show me instances where she did make such statements.

I would just like to further point out that everyone has their own opinions on what racism is. Personally I don't believe anyone is free of favorable feelings towards one race over another or that anyone is free of all prejudice towards one race. To me, it's the degree of prejudice that matters. A few days ago many people were speaking of Asian people and how they are ignorant and easily manipulatable by white people. Are those racist remarks? Many black people disapproves of marrying out of their own race. Same goes for Asians, same goes for cauasians. Are they all racists? If a person prefers one race over another, is that automatically racism? Are we ever going to live in a colorblind society? No, sorry but that's not going to happen. Martina may have made remarks against the Williams, such as the one I stated above. But I don't thinks she deserves the amount of hatred and criticism that she has received. To me, those remarks are nowhere near the level of prejudice that would make her a racist. People may disagree with me, thats fine. It' s just my own opinion.

Martian Stacey
Jan 9th, 2005, 01:04 AM
EX-FACTOR: Swiss restaurateur Stefan Egger and tennis player Ivo Heuberger.
:haha: they're missing a few from that list

i don't really see this lasting (if its true of course), but i hope they're both really happy :)

CC
Jan 9th, 2005, 01:13 AM
With her, they never seem to last. Sigh.

Dawn Marie
Jan 9th, 2005, 03:17 AM
barmaid, do u think that the "roots" mentality as you so ignorantly put it is gone for good? The truth of this world is it is still alive and kicking.

Some ignorant people implied that hingis could not possibily be a racist because she is sleeping with a man of color.

Imho Hingis was always in her younger years more ignorant than anything else. She came off as insensitive and just not very educated with other cultures. I am sure she has grown up and matured.

Kairi
Dec 7th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Look what I found.. :oh:
http://i47.tinypic.com/2mcumfl.jpg

JarkaFish
Dec 7th, 2012, 11:46 PM

She gets around.

Brad[le]y.
Dec 8th, 2012, 12:35 AM
:spit:

Best off season bump so far. :rolls:

danieln1
Dec 8th, 2012, 01:14 AM

Could anyone translate this gem??

Did they call her the black widow or something??

jacobruiz
Dec 8th, 2012, 07:46 AM
She gets around.

OMG, Hingis dated eight different guys in nine years?! :eek:

Pulease...:rolleyes: How many guys have you "gurls" done in nine years? :lol: