PDA

View Full Version : The Little Britain Thread!

!<blocparty>!
Jan 2nd, 2005, 04:47 PM
This thread is dedicated to Britains best comedy show - Little Britain.:worship:

Starring Matt Lucas and David Walliams:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/images/400/littlebritain_1.jpg

I'll make a poll where people vote for their favorite characters to start.

:wavey:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jan 2nd, 2005, 04:55 PM
I had to pick Bubbles, especially after the christmas special, when she went naked (again) and took her wig off :haha:

I also love Vicky Pollard- Little Britain is soooooooooo funny!!!!

!<blocparty>!
Jan 2nd, 2005, 04:57 PM
I like all the new people, but the bitty bit is a stupid. I think im the only one who doesnt find it funny! :o And that little guy - "I wana right the themetune, sing the themetune" is annoying now.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:02 PM
I like all the new people, but the bitty bit is a stupid. I think im the only one who doesnt find it funny! :o And that little guy - "I wana right the themetune, sing the themetune" is annoying now.

I find Bitty a bit old, but I also find the person that always goes "ah eh oh" (something like that) really annoying. He wears a dress and chucked bread at the ducks and went mad on the stage at some sort of play.

I do love Marjorie Dawes

Emola
Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:04 PM
I love Sebastian :rolls: what series was he in?

Dava
Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:08 PM
I love a lot, like mArjorie Doors, Vicky Pollard, the Prime Minister gay admirer and the romantic novelist.

Avid Merrion
Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:09 PM
i'm still in mourning for Scottish hotelier, Ray McCooney :sad: but Matt and David have promised he will return for series 3!! :worship:

http://www.littlebritain.tv/characters_main/ray_mccooney/img006a.jpg
"Red in colour and fleshy within, but beware of the pips... ..It's called the tomato!" :lol:

http://www.littlebritain.tv/characters_main/ray_mccooney/img004a.jpg
"Have ye heard of a thing called Buttaaarrr?" :lol:

http://www.littlebritain.tv/characters_main/ray_mccooney/img003a.jpg
"I leave ye with a riddle.. ...I'm hard yet soft, I'm coloured yet clear... ...I'm fruity and sweet, I am jelly... ...What am I?" :lol:

!<blocparty>!
Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:13 PM
I was gona a put him in for you avid, but cudnt remember his name :o

That bloke in the dress is Ann. She's annoying. So is the gay prime ministers helper :rolleyes:

My faves are Vicky, Marjorie and Bubbles. Ive come to like Andy more in this series aswell. The time in the pub when he went on the floor himself and when he pushed that girl in the wheelchair was :haha:

DevilishAttitude
Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:13 PM
Marjorie is my favourite character :worship: :lol: :haha: :bowdown: I love the way she's a hypocrite about everything and the way she speaks about the people there Paul, Tanya etc. Favourite part of her is when she speaks to Maryia the asian women :worship: :rolls: really racist but funny :lol:

I also really like Vicki Pollard and Bubbles :worship:

Emola Sebastian is in both series :)
I find the Bitty bit :lol: :tape: :eek: it's a bit sick but funny Nana Bitty :tape: :drool: ;)

The only people I don't find really funny are Ann :rolleyes: and the hypontist but the rest :worship: :bowdown:

Avid Merrion
Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:15 PM
I was gon a put him in for you avid, but cudnt remember his name :o
:lol: you knew i'd pick him anyways ;)

Emola
Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:16 PM
I love Marjorie too, so funny :D thanks Devilish! :) He's brilliant, hilarious!

!<blocparty>!
Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:17 PM
Favourite part of her is when she speaks to Maryia the asian women :worship: :rolls: really racist but funny :lol:

I loved that! The best one was in the first episode i think, when she goes "fish and chips"

Marjorie: "sorry, do it again" (she says it about 5 times)

And then she goes: "It must be some dish where you come from" and writes curry :haha: The "DUST" bit was amazing. She did it again in the restaurant in the new series 2! And pigs out under the table :lol:

!<blocparty>!
Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:19 PM
Vicky is making an appearance on TRISHA! in a special show for comic relief! Thats gonna be fuckin hilarious.

Bezz
Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:20 PM
Faves are the one and only vicky pollard, daviff thomas, marjorie dawes, bubbles, sebastian, andy and lou, and i also liked the very un-PC university lady that was in one of the episodes "the umpa lumpa" might ring a few bells. ;)

!<blocparty>!
Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:20 PM
ANDY ANDY ANDY!

I can do a perfect impression of Andy :angel:

My tennis coach does the best Andy impression ever! But the "yeah i know" gets a bit annoying when your mates are constantly repeating it.

Avid Merrion
Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:21 PM
I can do a perfect impression of Andy :angel:
:lol: i hate it when people think they can do impressions of the LB characters and they are shite :mad: i was in Pizza Hut the other night and this girl was doing impressions of Ann and she was awful :rolleyes: i showed her how it should be done ;) :lol:

Emola
Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:22 PM
My tennis coach does the best Andy impression ever! But the "yeah i know" gets a bit annoying when your mates are constantly repeating it.
Tell me about it. My cousin does it constantly :rolleyes:

!<blocparty>!
Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:23 PM
Faves are the one and only vicky pollard, daviff thomas, marjorie dawes, bubbles, sebastian, andy and lou, and i also liked the very un-PC university lady that was in one of the episodes "the umpa lumpa" might ring a few bells. ;)
oh yeah that one is class!

"thaaaaats right, the big fat lesbian"

Whats that bank womans name? "computer says nawwwwwwwww" *cough*

DevilishAttitude
I loved that! The best one was in the first episode i think, when she goes "fish and chips"

Marjorie: "sorry, do it again" (she says it about 5 times)

And then she goes: "It must be some dish where you come from" and writes curry :haha: The "DUST" bit was amazing. She did it again in the restaurant in the new series 2! And pigs out under the table :lol:

:haha: :worship:
Dust anyone no Dust anyone no Dust :worship: :haha: :rolls: :lol:
When the women said forget it Paul told Marjorie what she said and Marjorie goes 'DON'T PATRONISE HER' :worship: :bowdown: :haha:

She also said to her at the restuarant I don't think they do curry here to her and also point at the menu since they won't understand you :tape: :eek: :haha:

She said to her if your going to speak say it in English :bowdown: :lol:

Avid Merrion
But I promise you, mine is perfect :angel:
:lol: i'm sure it is :p

Bezz
My14 year old sister does a very good impression of vicky pollard with very little effort surprisingly.

Bezz
Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:25 PM
When the women said forget it Paul told Marjorie what she said and Marjorie goes 'DON'T PATRONISE HER' :worship: :bowdown: :haha:

She also said to her at the restuarant I don't think they do curry here to her and also point at the menu since they won't understand you :tape: :eek: :haha:

One of the funny bits was when she said "maybe yu can have an english dish..like spag bol" :lol:

Emola
Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:25 PM

She said to her if your going to speak say it in English :bowdown: :lol:That one was on TV last night ;) :lol: cant remember what channel.

sarza
Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:28 PM
I love little britian :haha:

!<blocparty>!
Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:28 PM

OMG im laughing so hard here :o I think ill need to get the season 1 DVD back out later.

Pauls face is pricless when shes saying the "DUST, ANYBODY, NO DUST"

Another great bit in the 1st series is when her sister comes, and she goes:

"she's had 3 kids, each by different fathers, and she's PILED it on havent ya, but thats not for here. Her mother doesnt speak to her anymore, but thats not for here"

Her sister: "She does speak to me actaully"

Marjorie: "Id appreciate if u left family matters for OUTSIDE the meeting"

:haha:

!<blocparty>!
Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:30 PM
'Yooou are SUMIN ELSE!'

:lol: and that!

"scREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW YOU"

Bezz
Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:32 PM
one of marjories lines that had me in stitches was when meera won the lottery and she kept coming out with those one liners

"i wudnt mind one of those safari's, and one of those red dots" :lol:

"some ppl think they smell funny, but i dont think so" :lol:

" its been playing on my mind, mum's ill again, and she would love one last trip to barbados, but its money innit"

"yu been eating fruit?, what a chocolate orange.. nobody likes a liar paul"

there are loads more :worship:

DevilishAttitude
Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:34 PM
Bezz Marjorie also said about Tanya how old and fat she was. Then has she went past she said 'Errrrrr she stinks and all' :devil: :lol: :haha:

She also called another woman 'Your just a fat pig' and her reaction when 2 of them went out together :worship: :rolls: ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR 2 Fatties together you'll both pile it on now :lol: :haha:

Marjorie also spat at Vanessa Feltz and sold evrything her Mum had cos she wanted it :eek: :lol: :haha:

It based on Matt Lucas's mother has well :lol: :eek: :bowdown:

Linda and the computer says no girl is too funny :worship:

I think I can do impressions of Vicki, Marjorie and the Computer girl ;)

VickyPollard
Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:38 PM
Yer but, no but.

For fucks sake. any ov u posters oo didnt vote 4 me iz gonna get beatens.

Lou and andy are like so rubesh. :rolleyes: And marjorie dawes is a fat betch. But dont listen to bubbles, shes got one tit saggier than the other.

OMG, there was this whole theng. anyway sha up you retards.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:38 PM
Was it the first series when Marjorie was tryin to convince her mum in the hospital that she was dying, even though she was feeling much better?? That one cracked me up :haha:

Monica_Rules
Jan 2nd, 2005, 06:14 PM
I love litle britain.

ATM my fav character is Bubbles but i love Vicky Pollard,Dafydd and Lou and Andy. Oh an i like Marjorie Dawes

VickyPollard
Jan 2nd, 2005, 06:49 PM

shaup, what u laughing at? Ur so racest :rolleyes: :fiery: U should be banned coz ur like a troll omg there was this whole thing, i had like a PM from a mod on this modellinmessage board (im a model) and i was all like shaup i aint even done nuffin or nothing she was like a TOTAL bitch, but i wasnt gonna listen to her coz she had scabby hands and u cant laugh at me coz im like totally cool and hip coz there was this whole thing with serena and venus when i was like hangin round at their houses and serena was tellin me what to wear n all n venus was like no way serena but i didnt listen to v coz she is like SO rubesh i was almost mates with like that shiporoba guy for winning like the biggest torunament like ever in the summer - wimbepum, but i didnt listen to her coz her grunts soound like shes havin sex like when i caught her with my ex behind the bike shed, and that ginger one was in the cupboard with her.

ae wowww
Jan 2nd, 2005, 07:46 PM
I'm glad LB has found it's feet, but I was a fan when it was on the radio, then when Series one was on BBC3, before all these fair weather fans... What a seriously amazing show though!

!<blocparty>!
Jan 2nd, 2005, 08:13 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/littlebritain/pictures/wallpaper/images/handbags_640.jpg

Rachel and Nicola ^^^

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/littlebritain/images/200/bubbles.jpg

Bubbles :worship: ^^^

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/littlebritain/images/200/harvey.jpg
Harvey (back right)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/littlebritain/images/200/judy_maggie.jpg
Judy and Maggie ^^^

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/littlebritain/images/200/doug.jpg
Doug ^^

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/littlebritain/images/200/vicky_chars.jpg

Me and Vicky Pollard ^^^

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/littlebritain/images/200/emily.jpg

Emily howard (shes a lady)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/littlebritain/images/200/dafydd_chars.jpg

Daffyd :drool: ^^

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/littlebritain/images/200/lou_andy.jpg

Lou and Andy (in chair)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/littlebritain/images/200/marjorie_chars.jpg

Marjorie Dawes

Avid Merrion
Jan 2nd, 2005, 08:16 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/littlebritain/images/200/vicky_chars.jpg

Me and Vicky Pollard ^^^
:lol: yeah, right! :p

!<blocparty>!
Jan 2nd, 2005, 08:17 PM
:lol: yeah, right! :p

:eek: It's true. My accent fooled ya didnt it ;)

Avid Merrion
Jan 2nd, 2005, 08:18 PM
:eek: It's true. My accent fooled ya didnt it ;)
i guess it did, along with the picture you showed me before... :haha: :p

katiektc
Jan 2nd, 2005, 08:23 PM
Marjorie Dawes is the best ever.
"Dust! High in fat/ low in fat, Anyone?"
"SCREW YOU!"

the best 2 lines ever! :bounce:

VickyPollard
Jan 2nd, 2005, 08:24 PM
i guess it did, along with the picture you showed me before... :haha: :p

SHA-UP! you total retard stalker. Ive told the Darkly noone police bout u, cummin over ere, theres these whole things dat i dnt want u knowing about u freak.

And sha-up that soooo is my b/f man, innit. At least i dont bum vanessa feltz that fat lesbian bitch and give that jade whith one tit bigger than the other baps. ur show is like rubesh. :rolleyes:

VickyPollard
Jan 2nd, 2005, 08:25 PM
Marjorie Dawes is the best ever.
"Dust! High in fat/ low in fat, Anyone?"
"SCREW YOU!"

the best 2 lines ever! :bounce:

SHAUP! I'm so the best on this hhow. Marjories a fat betch, ur gonna get beatens. :fiery:

Avid Merrion
Jan 2nd, 2005, 08:26 PM
SHA-UP! you total retard stalker. Ive told the Darkly noone police bout u, cummin over ere, theres these whole things dat i dnt want u knowing about u freak.

And sha-up that soooo is my b/f man, innit. At least i dont bum vanessa feltz that fat lesbian bitch and give that jade whith one tit bigger than the other baps. ur show is like rubesh. :rolleyes:
:inlove: Vicky Pollard i love you, twice in the face! :drool:

katiektc
Jan 2nd, 2005, 08:27 PM
SHAUP! I'm so the best on this hhow. Marjories a fat betch, ur gonna get beatens. :fiery:

Yeh, but even fatties deserve a treat at christmas.

!<blocparty>!
Jan 2nd, 2005, 08:29 PM

He called Doug?

Don't deny and say it isnt you now doug ;)

Hayato
Jan 2nd, 2005, 09:53 PM
1. Majorie- sooo funny
2. Meera
3. Vicky- crack up
4. Anne - Ehh ehh ehhhhh!
5. Emily Howard

Hayato
Jan 2nd, 2005, 09:54 PM
we only have the first series here in Australia :sad:

I have all episodes on DVD :haha:

ae wowww
Jan 2nd, 2005, 10:15 PM
Shall we just watch the video? Yeah, yeah better...

flyingmachine
Jan 2nd, 2005, 10:19 PM
It's supposed to be a secret :scared:
Wow you become very famous now Doug. ;)

flyingmachine
Jan 2nd, 2005, 10:22 PM
I love little Birtian. :lol: It's sooooooooo funny. :haha: My favourite chararter is Daffyd. He's hilariously funny. :lol: :haha: :tape: I'm wonder when he will finally coming out of the pillage. :tape:

Avid Merrion
Jan 2nd, 2005, 10:26 PM
Dong? :p
:haha: :tape:

Hachiko
Jan 2nd, 2005, 10:27 PM
I think Marjorie & Vicky are the best!
:worship:

flyingmachine
Jan 2nd, 2005, 10:29 PM
Can i have an autograph please Doug?

raquel
Jan 2nd, 2005, 11:10 PM
I voted for Vicky. I did like 'Mollie Sugden' woman. I thought after she killed Mollie we might get some name dropping in jail in the second series.

There was one brilliant sketch about an ex policeman doing a driving test but doing it like he was still in the police :lol: They never used him again but that one was hilarious.

Also I think 'Bitty' is totally unfunny now. First time it was a shock but now it's a repetitive. Actually the whole show's in danger of being repetitive. It will nedd to freshen up for series 3. As funny as Vicky and Andy & Lou are, you know what's coming every time.

And has anyone seen those adverts for low fat dieting food set at a Fat Fighters type meeting? The woman is suspiciously like Marjorie Dawes - looks the same, acts the same. It's a blatant rip off.

katiektc
Jan 2nd, 2005, 11:31 PM
Eh Ehh Ehhhhhh!

Avid Merrion
Jan 2nd, 2005, 11:34 PM
And has anyone seen those adverts for low fat dieting food set at a Fat Fighters type meeting? The woman is suspiciously like Marjorie Dawes - looks the same, acts the same. It's a blatant rip off.
:lol: yeah i seen that. curb your carbs, not your enthusiasm :o

katiektc
Jan 2nd, 2005, 11:37 PM
And have a dust milkshake.
3 parts water, 1 part Dust!

Hayato
Jan 2nd, 2005, 11:45 PM
I also like that sketch with the old grandma and that man :lol:

Cilla
Jan 3rd, 2005, 12:06 AM
I also like that sketch with the old grandma and that man :lol:I was just about to post that :lol:

that was so funny, that bloke having a crush on his mate's gran :tape: :lol: The episode where he came round and he started licking her toes :tape: I nearly feel off the sofa first with laughter and then disgust :lol:

I like Vicki P, and Dayffd best :lol: Bubbles :haha: "I'm sure we can come to some arrannngggment, hmmm?" "Didn't you get the number? It's 123-456-78-9" :haha:

Farina Elia Fan
Jan 3rd, 2005, 12:15 AM
i love Vicky, Dafydd and Majorie! :)

Farina Elia Fan
Jan 3rd, 2005, 12:15 AM
and Lou and Andy :)

Avid Merrion
Jan 3rd, 2005, 12:17 AM
that was so funny, that bloke having a crush on his mate's gran :tape: :lol: The episode where he came round and he started licking her toes :tape: I nearly feel off the sofa first with laughter and then disgust :lol:
:lol: omg, that sketch is sooo wrong, but bloody hilarious! :tape:

Hachiko
Jan 3rd, 2005, 12:32 AM
My favourite sketch is probably the Fat Fighters with Marjorie Dawes.

Choclit
Cake
Fish & Chips Curry

http://smileys.******************/cat/36/36_12_6.gif

!<blocparty>!
Jan 3rd, 2005, 12:44 AM
^^ thats one of my all time faves ;) Ive mentioned it in here once :p There are too many class ones to mention!

Hayato
Jan 3rd, 2005, 01:50 AM
I was just about to post that :lol:

I like Vicki P, and Dayffd best :lol: Bubbles :haha: "I'm sure we can come to some arrannngggment, hmmm?" "Didn't you get the number? It's 123-456-78-9" :haha:

:haha: i loved that sketch with granny and her toes :haha:

sarza
Jan 3rd, 2005, 11:39 AM
I just oredered the series 1 DVD i cannot wait to watch it all again :haha:

!<blocparty>!
Jan 3rd, 2005, 12:44 PM
Who else likes the commentator man, I'm always laughing with him. I'll have to watch it and get some quotes. The stuff he says about fat people is :lol:

"In this small community center, the local fat people have managed to tear themselves away from eating for 1 hour to talk about food"

"In Britain, if you want a toy, you go to a toy shop, if you want a toy shop, you go to a top shop shop"

"Tennis, invented in 1897 by lord tennis"

DevilishAttitude
Jan 3rd, 2005, 01:17 PM
Who else likes the commentator man, I'm always laughing with him. I'll have to watch it and get some quotes. The stuff he says about fat people is :lol:

"In this small community center, the local fat people have managed to tear themselves away from eating for 1 hour to talk about food"

"In Britain, if you want a toy, you go to a toy shop, if you want a toy shop, you go to a top shop shop"

"Tennis, invented in 1897 by lord tennis"

Tom Baker :) He sayings were better in the 1st series IMO

About the toy shop, He said if you go into a top shop shop your just being silly :lol:

!<blocparty>!
Jan 3rd, 2005, 03:54 PM
For those criminals who have never seen little britain, you can watch some clips on the net, although none of them are amongst my faves :sad: The vicky clip is OK.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/littlebritain/clips/

Avid Merrion
Jan 3rd, 2005, 05:53 PM
Little Britain fans 'steal road signs'
http://pictures.dehavilland.co.uk/Live/Photo4001984.jpg
Fans of the cult BBC1 comedy series Little Britain are under suspicion following the mysterious disappearance of three road signs from a Welsh village.

Llanddewi Brefi is home to the show's popular character Dafydd, "the only gay in the village" and police are now investigating the disappearance of road signs from the mid-Wales community.

Locals say that the popular TV show has caused tourists to flock to the village, near Tregaron in Ceredigion, with many fans having had their photo taken next to the missing road signs.

Reports suggest that one cast iron sign went missing around three months ago, with two more signs having disappeared in the weekend before Christmas.

Owner of the village store and post office, Neil Driver said: "There were a few tourists in the town that weekend and as usual they were having their photographs taken by the road signs.

"It wasn't until the Monday that someone came into the shop and said the signs, at both ends of the village, were missing."

Mr Driver, who sells souvenir t-shirts carrying the slogan: 'Dafydd isn't the only gay in the village' said sales had "gone through the roof" since the start of the second Little Britain series.

Meanwhile, the landlady of Llanddewi Brefi's pub has challenged the show's creators to visit the village and replace the stolen signs.

"I think Matt Lucas and David Walliams should visit Llanddewi and erect new signs for us," said Yvonne Edwards of the New Inn pub.

"They'll receive a warm welcome and I think it's the least they could do."

The Little Britain creators were recently forced to make changes to one of their comedy sketches after threats of legal action by the Women's Institute.

!<blocparty>!
Jan 3rd, 2005, 05:55 PM
:eek: Who the hell lives in mid wales and is a huge fan of little britain?

Avid Merrion
Jan 3rd, 2005, 06:05 PM
it was this that cracked me up :lol:
Mr Driver, who sells souvenir t-shirts carrying the slogan: 'Dafydd isn't the only gay in the village' said sales had "gone through the roof" since the start of the second Little Britain series
i want one!! :D

!<blocparty>!
Jan 3rd, 2005, 06:11 PM
I think the t-shirts look something like this marco, only with writing on:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40170000/jpg/_40170784_daffyd_203.jpg

Avid Merrion
Jan 3rd, 2005, 06:12 PM
i soooo want one now!! :D

Halardfan
Jan 4th, 2005, 09:40 AM
I like the Tory women who judge stuff...Judy and Maggie apparantly...if it turns out that the Jam/Biscuit/cake in question is made by someone Gay/Black/A single mother etc, she erupts in fountains of vomit...its really funny and a spot on take on that kind of person. :)

Hachiko
Jan 4th, 2005, 09:44 AM
I am watching it now at the sketch where Vicky is in court.
LOL.
Rock on Fat Fighters!
:smooch:

flyingmachine
Jan 4th, 2005, 09:57 AM
I just oredered the series 1 DVD i cannot wait to watch it all again :haha:
I know I got it as my Christmas presents from my brother. :haha:

VickyPollard
Jan 4th, 2005, 01:32 PM
I am watching it now at the sketch where Vicky is in court.
LOL.
Rock on Fat Fighters!
:smooch:

SHAUP! I wasnt even with amber! YEEE exaxtly I don't even know who she is coz ud better ask her.

OMG! There was this whole thing, trishes mum totally had an eppy coz paul felt tina up on the corkscrew in alton towers.

retards.

VickyPollard
Jan 4th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Heres a new pic of me, im like so famous, I have my own wallpaper. Anyone who doesnt set me as their background gets beatens

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/littlebritain/pictures/wallpaper/images/school_640.jpg

!<blocparty>!
Jan 7th, 2005, 10:49 PM
"If you have a varooka and would like to share is with others, why not pop down to the local swimming pool?"

"Its late early evening"

"Andy's birthday is just over a year away"

Hayato
Jan 7th, 2005, 10:52 PM
Eh Eh Ehhhhhhh

"I may be one or two pounds overweight, but YOU are SOMETHING ELSE!"

Hayato
Jan 7th, 2005, 11:02 PM
Marjorie: "so, what advise can we give Barbara, to turn her tragic life around"

Meera-Mary-whatever: "Instead of sugar, use artificial sweetner in tea"

Marjorie: "Something about sugar (!)"

!<blocparty>!
Jan 14th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Who saw it tonight? It wasnt the best one of the series.

!<blocparty>!
Jan 14th, 2005, 10:34 PM
oooh extra's?

Yeah Ive seen it before, Andy was good in this one. Abd Bubbles.

Bitty is just :rolleyes: now.

Hayato
Jan 14th, 2005, 10:36 PM
I can't believe more people don't like Marjorie. :haha:

Still waiting for the second series here :tears:

!<blocparty>!
Jan 14th, 2005, 10:43 PM
Oh the second series has some CLASS new people ;) You'll love it! :hearts:

Hachiko
Jan 15th, 2005, 12:08 AM
I wish I could change my vote from Vicky to Marjorie. I have been watching her episodes over and over. I also like Andy much more now, I used to find him annoying.

Avid Merrion
Jan 20th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Little Britain Stars Set For Simpsons

Simpsons creator Matt Groening wants 'The Only Gay In The Village' to appear on the hit show.

He has revealed he is a big fan of BBC comedy Little Britain - and would love to work with the show's stars.

Groening is now planning to get Matt Lucas - famed for his brooding PVC-clad gay Welsh character Daffyd - and David Walliams on board for an episode.

"It would be great fun to get them on The Simpsons," the Sun reports him saying.

Movie star Johnny Depp recently revealed he loves the show and wants to appear on it, as he did on The Fast Show several years ago.

Groening has already shown what a fan he is of British comedy after last month inviting The Office star Ricky Gervais to write an episode of The Simpsons.

He heaped praise on the show, saying: "Everybody on The Simpsons is a fan of The Office - it's one of the best shows on TV in the last decade."

Gervais has since been working on the project but will not reveal any details.

Bezz
Jan 20th, 2005, 06:17 PM
I am sure America will love the idea of another gay character on the TV, dont they promote it enough already :rolleyes: ;) .:cool: It should be a cool episode.

alfajeffster
Jan 20th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Does anyone still have that link that was posted here a few months ago to that web site with the flash media and soundtrack to "I'm the Only Gay In This Village!" ???

!<blocparty>!
Jan 20th, 2005, 07:02 PM
Little Britain Stars Set For Simpsons

Simpsons creator Matt Groening wants 'The Only Gay In The Village' to appear on the hit show.

He has revealed he is a big fan of BBC comedy Little Britain - and would love to work with the show's stars.

Groening is now planning to get Matt Lucas - famed for his brooding PVC-clad gay Welsh character Daffyd - and David Walliams on board for an episode.

"It would be great fun to get them on The Simpsons," the Sun reports him saying.

Movie star Johnny Depp recently revealed he loves the show and wants to appear on it, as he did on The Fast Show several years ago.

Groening has already shown what a fan he is of British comedy after last month inviting The Office star Ricky Gervais to write an episode of The Simpsons.

He heaped praise on the show, saying: "Everybody on The Simpsons is a fan of The Office - it's one of the best shows on TV in the last decade."

Gervais has since been working on the project but will not reveal any details.

They should have Homer going to a diet class, run by marjorie! :lol:

That would be class.

alfajeffster
Jan 20th, 2005, 07:45 PM
Does anyone know if "Little Britain" is being shown on US television?

Avid Merrion
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:43 AM
LITTLE BRIT EARN
Jan 21 2005
By Nicola Methven, Tv Editor

LITTLE Britain stars David Walliams and Matt Lucas have made £3million each through DVD sales of their hit BBC show.

The first series - screened on BBC3 and BBC2 - topped the Christmas bestseller list.

The second series, which commanded a slot on BBC1, goes on sale later this year, giving the duo a chance to rake in more millions.

They may each overhaul the earnings of Ricky Gervais, who has pocketed £5million from the sale of 2.3million DVDs of The Office, the comedy series he starred in and co-wrote.

One source said: "A year ago David and Matt were a couple of comics striving for ratings with a sketch show on a digital channel.

"Fast forward 12 months and they are mainstream stars - their show has made it on to BBC1 and has become a nationwide hit.

"No-one could have guessed that the DVD would sell so well, but it has and they are laughing all the way to the bank."

Walliams, 33, and Lucas, 30, have become national icons thanks to characters including grumpy "wheelchair-bound" Andy and his clueless carer Lou, incomprehensible teenager Vicky Pollard, fat spa regular Bubbles and merciless Marjorie Dawes, who runs diet group Fat Fighters.

Other favourites are "only gay in the village" Dafydd, hopeless transvestite Emily and a tiny Dennis Waterman who always wants to "sing the theme tune" to every show he stars in.

Second in the Christmas DVD bestseller list was Peter Kay's DVD, That Peter Kay Thing, which has sold 1.6million copies.

Kay was again knocked into second by Lucas and Walliams when they beat him in a Radio Times survey on the most powerful people in British comedy. They were tenth in 2004.

Walliams and Lucas also won a hat-trick of gongs at the British Comedy Awards last month.

But not everyone is a fan. Vic Reeves, who worked with Lucas on Shooting Stars, claimed British comedy is no longer "adventurous".

He said: "There may be some great new comedy writers around, but I've not seen them yet. It's all about money and viewing figures now, it's not about the art of it."

Referring to his comedy partner Bob Mortimer, he added: "We don't want to blow our own trumpets but Little Britain are basically doing what we were doing when we started off."

Walliams and Lucas are writing a third series for the BBC. It will be followed by a nationwide tour.

Bezz
Jan 21st, 2005, 10:02 AM
I dont like vic reeves, never have, always prefered bob, thought he was much funnier :cool:

Avid Merrion
Jan 21st, 2005, 10:13 AM
same here, Bob was the real star in that partnership :) gone off Vic even more after his disasterous appearance on I'm A Celeb... :lol:

!<blocparty>!
Feb 15th, 2005, 09:17 PM
:eek:

I walked into HMV today for some CD's and the LB comic relief special was out on DVD for just £4.99, for 45 mins of classic Little B :woohoo:

Haven't watched it yet, but it's gonna be so class; Vicky is on Trishia :inlove:

Avid Merrion
Feb 15th, 2005, 09:20 PM
i ordered mine from HMV online. can't wait, it should be class :lol:

Robbie Williams with the laydees, Elton with Daffyd and Trisha v Vicky Pollard :haha:

!<blocparty>!
Feb 15th, 2005, 09:24 PM
I'm going to watch it within the next 30 seconds :nerner:

:tape: ;) :p

Avid Merrion
Feb 15th, 2005, 09:28 PM
:rolleyes: show off :p

!<blocparty>!
Feb 15th, 2005, 09:32 PM
OMFG

Your all gonna piss urself when u see the trishas sketch.

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

:o

Hayato
Feb 16th, 2005, 01:41 AM
Yooouu? On T.V? don't make me laugh. Vanessa may be big but YOU are somink else! :haha:

Avid Merrion
Feb 16th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Sydney's Mardi Gras to honour Little Britain's Daffyd

Organisers of next month's Sydney Mardi Gras are to honour Little Britain's Daffyd Thomas.

The group of gay and lesbians plan to dress up as Matt Lucas' character.

Organisers are planning a surprise Daffyd routine with several dozen members of Sydney's gay and lesbian community expected to dress as the "only gay in the village"

in Daffyd's trademark tiny black shorts, red tank top, black boots and short neck chain for the Mardi Gras held on March 5.

Artist Kabi, one of the organisers of the Daffyd tribute, told the Sydney Morning Herald, "Daffyd is so out there and far removed from anything currently available."

The BBC show with Lucas and David Walliams is growing in popularity Down Under where the second series began airing last week on ABC Television.

!<blocparty>!
Feb 16th, 2005, 01:23 PM
:lol: They've cracked aus, I wander what the US will think of the show :scratch: :lol:

alfajeffster
Feb 16th, 2005, 02:12 PM
:lol: They've cracked aus, I wander what the US will think of the show :scratch: :lol:

We're waiting for it!!!!!:bounce:

!<blocparty>!
Feb 16th, 2005, 02:51 PM
There is one sketch taking the piss out of this preacher from the ghetto :lol:

Maybe they'll edit that one out. And the comments about fat people might need looking at!

"fat people shold be shot"
"before a law is past to imprison fat people, they are free to roam the streets and attend weekly diet classes"

Avid Merrion
Feb 23rd, 2005, 09:47 AM
ok, so i got my copy of the Little Britain Comic Relief dvd yesterday (hmv online, could you have taken any longer to deliver it?! :rolleyes: )

:haha: laugh out loud funny! Vicky on Trisha :lol: Robbie with Emily and Florence :lol: and the best one for me, Daffyd and Elton John :lol: :lol: :lol:

!<blocparty>!
Feb 23rd, 2005, 11:50 AM
oh, Dafyd was good, but nothing could beat Vicky on trisha! That was too funny!

"You know nicky bratt right, well she aint even got nufin or nufin to do with it, shaup trisha goddard god ur such a mixer" :haha:

Pamela Shriver
Feb 23rd, 2005, 03:34 PM
I'm the only giraffe in the village.

Majorie Dawes reminds me of BJK ;)

sarza
Feb 24th, 2005, 12:03 PM
I gotta buy this special DVD :haha: :haha: :haha:

Avid Merrion
Mar 2nd, 2005, 01:15 PM
CLOONEY'S LITTLE AMBITION

Hollywood actor GEORGE CLOONEY is the latest celebrity destined to appear on cult British comedy sketch show LITTLE BRITAIN - thanks to his girlfriend LISA SNOWDON.

The OCEAN'S TWELVE hunk is an avid ( :lol: ) fan of the BBC hit starring MATT LUCAS and DAVID WALLIAMS - Snowdon's ex-boyfriend - and asked the sexy model to arrange a cameo appearance for him on the next series.

Snowdon relayed Clooney's ambition to Walliams and the Little Britain comedy duo are currently dreaming up ways to involve him.

A BBC source says, "David and Matt were shocked, but they're thinking of a way they can bring George into the show."

!<blocparty>!
Mar 2nd, 2005, 01:17 PM
They should get Brad pitt to play a partner for Daffyd. What the hell, the whole oceans 12 cast should join up for an episode.

CZT and Vicky could have a bitch fight.

!<blocparty>!
Mar 11th, 2005, 09:27 PM
bump!!

Did you all like it tonight?

Hayato
Mar 12th, 2005, 12:25 AM
have you got Series 3 over there?

I've seen all the Series 2 eps except the last one. Marjorie and Bubbles are :haha:

SpikeyAidanm
Mar 12th, 2005, 12:26 AM
Some of my friends watch this and say it's about guys with moutasches dressed up as girls :confused:

Hachiko
Mar 12th, 2005, 12:57 AM
Some of my friends watch this and say it's about guys with moutasches dressed up as girls :confused:

Yes, for one sketch. But they are supposed to be like that, they are transvestites.

Bezz
Mar 12th, 2005, 02:54 AM
Tonights RND was funny, vicky on trisha was just class " yu purvurt, yu some kind of peadiatrician or summat " lol :lol: The elton john/daffyd was wicked aswel. :cool: . Robbie williams was surprisingly good at the "i'm a lady", i reckon he has done that before ;) .

DevilishAttitude
Mar 12th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Elton John and Daffyd :worship: :worship: :worship: That was beyond hilarious :haha: :rolls: :lol: Are you ready. Are you ready for bum. Yes I am :bowdown: :eek: And so many others. Elton defintely couldn't have done it better :bounce: :tape:

Vicki Pollard was also :haha: :lol: Doing the Trisha theme tune during the lap-dance :dance: :yeah:

Robbie Williams was also funny. George Michael wasn't :rolleyes:

Sebastian :haha: :lol:

No Marjorie though :bigcry: :speakles:

Josh B.
Mar 12th, 2005, 11:36 AM
That was ace!

Majorie should have been on it though

shes my fav.

Daffyd was funny!

So Elton, do you enjoy filling Celene Dion's slot? :lol:

!<blocparty>!
Apr 4th, 2005, 06:57 PM
bumpo

!<blocparty>!
Apr 4th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Little Britain Wins Again

A Little Britain swimming pool sketch has been voted the all-time greatest in British comedy.

The winning scene, featuring wheelchair-bound Andy with his tireless helper Lou at the public baths, nudged Monty Python's classic parrot sketch into second place.

Little Britain, which began as a pilot radio show in 2000, beat other classic scenes in the top 50 poll including Morecambe and Wise, The League of Gentlemen, Goodness Gracious Me, The Two Ronnies and French and Saunders.

The show, which has won a clutch of high-profile awards in the last year, has two places in the top five of the 50 Greatest Comedy Sketches - both centring on trips to the local pool.

In the winning sketch, viewers see Andy jump off the highest diving board while his unwitting carer Lou tells a lifeguard that his friend will need help getting into the water.

The Monty Python's Flying Circus scene, which sees pet shop assistant Michael Palin attempt to convince disgruntled customer John Cleese that his pet bird is not dead but resting, came second.

Third place went to The League of Gentlemen, for the scene when the couple running the local shop savagely murder the men who come to put a road between them and civilisation.

Teenage nightmare Vicky Pollard's "yeah, but no, but" swimming pool sketch in Little Britain came fourth in the Channel 4 countdown, narrated by former Dr Who Tom Baker.

Little Britain co-creator David Walliams joked of the win: "I think people have voted this sketch number one because we are in our swimming costumes and I think that ultimately that's what people want to see.

"It's amazing that people seem to like it. And when we die - and we will - that will be the sketch they will probably play on the news."

Here is the top 10:

1. Little Britain - Lou & Andy's swimming pool scene
2. Monty Python's Flying Circus - 'Dead parrot' scene
3. The League of Gentlemen - 'Road men' scene
4. Little Britain - Vicky Pollard in the swimming pool
5. The Two Ronnies - 'Four candles' routine
6. Goodness Gracious Me - 'Going for an English'
7. Victoria Wood - Acorn Antiques sketch
8. The Morecambe & Wise Show - The 'breakfast' scene
9. The Fast Show - Ted & Ralph's drinking game
10. Brass Eye - Good Aids/bad Aids scene

!<blocparty>!
Apr 4th, 2005, 06:59 PM
:rolleyes: There are sketches waaay better than that. What about the Fat Fighters one, when her sister comes along :lol:

And, the Destiny's Child Bo Selecta one :worship: And the one where jacko makes them eat his own sick :o :lol:

Avid Merrion
Apr 4th, 2005, 07:37 PM
yeah, i was surprised that Lou and Andy won the Greatest Comedy Sketch. there are way funnier sketches on Little Britain than that one ;)

and Bo' Selecta was robbed! :p Craig Daaaaaviiiid and Michael Jackass should have been placed much higher imo :lol:

sarza
Apr 26th, 2005, 01:10 PM
Im going to see it at brighton, dec 15th, front row tickets :D

i cant wait :lol:

!<blocparty>!
Apr 26th, 2005, 01:32 PM
I don't think the live shows would be as good?

anyway, have a great time :D

Avid Merrion
May 17th, 2005, 09:09 AM
*bump* :p

17 May 2005
LITTLE BRITS' LITTLE GIFT GOLDMINE
By Cameron Robertson

TV comedy Little Britain is launching a spin-off range of toys, clothing and food.

Saucy underwear bearing camp Dafydd's phrase "I'm the only gay in the village" and schoolgirl Vicky Pollard stationary are to go on sale. :lol:

Other products from the BBC show include cakes with the face of fat slimming teacher Marjorie Dawes and slippers featuring scruffy Lou and wheelchair-bound Andy. :lol:

Comedians Matt Lucas and David Walliams have done a deal with ITV company Granada Venture to make the toys and gifts, estimated to be worth £50 million this year alone.

They were unhappy about the number of unofficial goods available over the past six months.

ITV's director of licensing, Martin Lowde, said: "The creators were worried about protecting the brand."

The first official products will be hitting the shelves in July with the full range in stores from September.

The deal will last five years and coincides with this autumn's new TV series and live theatre tour.

Hachiko
May 17th, 2005, 10:14 AM
I think I must quote from Marjorie everyday or something lol. I always find myself doing it, she cracks me up so bad.

sarza
May 17th, 2005, 07:03 PM
I don't think the live shows would be as good?

anyway, have a great time :D

thanks,I will let you know :D

!<blocparty>!
May 17th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the Bump Marco :kiss:

My Dad went for a pint in Dafyd's local the other week, since he's working nearby. It was full of old smelly famers and the cider was like "treacle" and the food was shit.

Shame, they could make a fortune!

Avid Merrion
Sep 14th, 2005, 08:39 AM
*bumpity bump* :p

Only gay in the toyshop
By CAROLINE IGGULDEN

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/AvidMerrion/lb1.jpg
No buts ... Dafydd and Vicky dolls will be a hit

IT’S A Little Briton! A talking doll version of camp Welshman Dafydd is set to fly off the shelves this Christmas.
The 12in toy “speaks” a selection of hilarious lines from TV comedy Little Britain, including catchphrase “I’m the only gay in the village”.

Other one-liners include: “These hotpants give me terrible chafing.”

The £19.99 Little Britain doll range also features a mini version of teenage chav Vicky Pollard ranting: “No, doctor, cos you can only get pregnant by sitting in someone’s bathwater!”

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/AvidMerrion/lb2.jpg
Hit show ... the real Dafydd and Vicky

Replicas of “I’m a laydee” transvestite Emily Howard and wheelchair-bound Andy and his helper Lou will also be available from Monday.

Other Little Brit merchandise will include talking mugs and keyrings featuring cruel ‘Fatfighters’ slimming class leader Marjorie Dawes.

Fans of the hit BBC show starring Matt Lucas and David Walliams are expected to ensure sales soar in the run-up to Christmas.

!<blocparty>!
Sep 14th, 2005, 08:47 AM

LOVES IT! I gotta get these :p

Avid Merrion
Sep 14th, 2005, 09:18 AM
:lol: that's your Christmas presents sorted :p

Hachiko
Sep 14th, 2005, 09:22 AM
Oh my god, I gotta get hold of Vicky! :cool::D;).

!<blocparty>!
Sep 14th, 2005, 01:34 PM
I'm buying the whole lot. I'll get them as xmas pressies for my family and just keep them :D

Avid Merrion
Sep 30th, 2005, 11:13 AM
:wavey: Tim, you can check out what the Little Britain dolls say here ---> http://www.davidwalliamsfans.com/Shop.htm

there's also all kinds of other LB merchandise as well :cool:

!<blocparty>!
Sep 30th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Awww thanks. I'm in love with Vicky

http://www.davidwalliamsfans.com/media/dollvicky.mp3 :lol:

Avid Merrion
Oct 10th, 2005, 01:16 PM
http://media.venda.com/bbcshop/ebiz/bbc/invt/ebbcdvd1675/LittleBrit2_3D_CMYKlrg.gif

out today, go buy it bitches! :p

!<blocparty>!
Oct 10th, 2005, 03:02 PM

Excuse for a shopping trip :lol:

Avid Merrion
Oct 10th, 2005, 03:33 PM
:lol: i ordered mine on play.com today, only £12.99 instead of £21.99 :eek:

i love a good bargain ;)

!<blocparty>!
Oct 10th, 2005, 03:43 PM
oh blah. I hope theres some special offer in Woolies. £21.99 :sad

Avid Merrion
Oct 10th, 2005, 03:52 PM
is there a WH Smith's near you T? they are doing the dvd for £14.99, this week only :)

!<blocparty>!
Oct 10th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Yeah, Woolies and WH both did it for £14.99. No waiting for it to come through the post :ras:

Penglover
Oct 10th, 2005, 07:09 PM
The computer says nooooo

Craigy
Oct 10th, 2005, 08:04 PM
Vicky Pollard :worship: :haha:

Avid Merrion
Oct 10th, 2005, 10:23 PM
Yeah, Woolies and WH both did it for £14.99. No waiting for it to come through the post :ras:
:rolleyes: ugh, i have patience :p

besides, i can go and buy 10 cigs with the 2 quid i saved :smoke: result! :lol:

!<blocparty>!
Nov 24th, 2005, 09:18 PM
O.M.G.

This new serious is fucking brilliant :rolls: Who else is loving it? :D

The characters are better than ever.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Nov 24th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Desiree and Bubbles!!! I couldn't stop laughing when they got naked and rolled around on the floor!! Absolutely hilarious :haha:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Nov 24th, 2005, 09:21 PM
:rolleyes: ugh, i have patience :p

besides, i can go and buy 10 cigs with the 2 quid i saved :smoke: result! :lol:

How times have changed :lol:

Josh B.
Nov 24th, 2005, 09:22 PM
oo shit, i missed it!!

!<blocparty>!
Nov 24th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Bubbles and the wig was just :rolls:

Marjorie :worship:

Vicky on the phone and her babies :lol:

The sick woman in the hospital :haha: :haha: :haha:

Oh gawd. :o

:Rawwb:
Nov 24th, 2005, 09:32 PM
My god the woman who is sick at foreigners makes me laugh the most

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Avid Merrion
Nov 24th, 2005, 09:33 PM
i'm liking Ting Tong. in fact, i love her long time! :lol:

Nov 24th, 2005, 09:34 PM
And Vicky being a sex phone worker :tape: :haha:

!<blocparty>!
Nov 24th, 2005, 09:34 PM
She is was too predictable. However, coughing the kidney backup tonight was a classic.

I can't believe I missed it last week :o

SpikeyAidanm
Nov 25th, 2005, 01:36 AM
Got Season 1 on DVD, love Marjore and Vicky the best but hate it when Matt plays a guy :shrug: lol

Hayato
Nov 25th, 2005, 06:09 AM
it's a classic. I love all the epi's! Marjorie is soooooo funny :haha:

Gonna buy series 2 soon....:banana:

Dec 1st, 2005, 07:23 PM
Guess whats on tonight :banana: Series 3 comntinues :D:D