PDA

View Full Version : Brad Gilbert interested in coaching Tatiana Golovin

tennisIlove09
Jan 1st, 2005, 08:47 PM
Tennis Reporters is reporting this...we aren't allowed to post articles from there anymore, so go and check it out

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Jan 1st, 2005, 09:07 PM
what is the link??

ZAK
Jan 1st, 2005, 09:08 PM
what is the link??
I think its one of the sites we can't link. You also have to pay for a subscription, so if someone could summarize the article that would be nice.

backhanddtl4
Jan 1st, 2005, 09:29 PM
Yeah, he was watching some of her matches at the Aus Open last year. I guess he's talked to her about it before too.

tennisIlove09
Jan 1st, 2005, 09:29 PM
the link is www.******************** (http://www.********************) however it won't come up so it's tennisreporters .net without the space ;)

Wiggly
Jan 1st, 2005, 09:52 PM
I was sure that will happen :)

beauty_is_pink
Jan 1st, 2005, 09:55 PM
that would be indeedly awesome :cool:

SzavayFi
Jan 1st, 2005, 10:00 PM
that would be great:) i cant imagine brad coaching a girl though. hmmm

Crazy Canuck
Jan 1st, 2005, 10:03 PM
Wasn't he already coaching her a bit before he got with Roddick? :confused: This wouldn't come as a huge surprise, although blech. I like her, I don't like Brad. But, if he can do something for her, I will try to tolerate him.

clonesheep
Jan 1st, 2005, 10:57 PM
Brad Gilbert is overrated. Besides, he charges big money for his coaching. I say Tatiana is better off finding a more down-to-earth person to coach her.

Martian KC
Jan 1st, 2005, 11:00 PM
Is that all?

flyingmachine
Jan 1st, 2005, 11:05 PM
As long as he has no respect of the women's game. I don't like Brad Gilbert. :ras:

Harju.
Jan 2nd, 2005, 12:24 AM
Wasn't he already coaching her a bit before he got with Roddick? :confused: This wouldn't come as a huge surprise, although blech. I like her, I don't like Brad. But, if he can do something for her, I will try to tolerate him.
ditto.

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Jan 2nd, 2005, 01:55 AM
He was hitting with her at the USO!! Me and my friend saw him with her and we were like what the heck isn't he Roddick's coach.

harloo
Jan 2nd, 2005, 02:11 AM
Brad Gilbert is overrated. Besides, he charges big money for his coaching. I say Tatiana is better off finding a more down-to-earth person to coach her.
I don't like the guy at all because he has a big nasty mouth, but he has proved himself with Andy and Andre.;)

KingA
Jan 2nd, 2005, 02:41 AM
Haha.... Who doesn't want to coach a talented beauty if you are a str8 guy!!!??? ;)

greenfunkTHREE.
Jan 2nd, 2005, 03:19 AM
hahaha! but brad gilbert looks quite ugly. and his site http://www.bradgilberttennis.com/ has photo of him in front trying to look cool. :mad:

SzavayFi
Jan 2nd, 2005, 03:19 AM
:lol:........:help:

tenn_ace
Jan 2nd, 2005, 03:34 AM
why can't he just take a junior (an unranked or very low ranked player) and help him/her to get to the top? :rolleyes: I mean he does consider himself a good coach, right?

ZAK
Jan 2nd, 2005, 03:38 AM
why can't he just take a junior (an unranked or very low ranked player) and help him/her to get to the top? :rolleyes: I mean he does consider himself a good coach, right?
He's been working with Tatiana on and off since 2002, just never as a full-time coach.

tenn_ace
Jan 2nd, 2005, 03:41 AM
He's been working with Tatiana on and off since 2002, just never as a full-time coach.
He worked with her for couple of weeks or so and then got Andy's contract. I don't think he has ANYTHING to do with Tatiana development and/or a breakthrough

ZAK
Jan 2nd, 2005, 04:01 AM
He worked with her for couple of weeks or so and then got Andy's contract. I don't think he has ANYTHING to do with Tatiana development and/or a breakthrough
He still hit with her and watched most of her matches when she played the same evevt as Andy. I think he's instilled a good deal of confidence in her, although her confidence comes elsewhere aswell (her mother, Bollitieri). Plus he is familiar with her game and they get along quite well