PDA

View Full Version : The Give Rocketta Sympathy on New Year's Eve Thread...

Rocketta
Jan 1st, 2005, 02:39 AM
Yeah my first thread like this! :p

Anyway, I need sympathy cause I'm stuck at home not being able to go out for New Year's eve because I just got out of the hospital and I have an open wound to deal with. Now I'm completely depressed because one I've been dealing with this wound for 4 weeks and two not having something to do on New Year's is the one thing that depresses me. I'm not sure why but it does.

Well I'm glad I got that out! :wavey:

Pureracket
Jan 1st, 2005, 02:40 AM
Well, your boy here in Florida is sending warm wishes to you. Get well soon, baby. :)

Rocketta
Jan 1st, 2005, 02:44 AM
Well, your boy here in Florida is sending warm wishes to you. Get well soon, baby. :)
awww Thank you! :hug:

Did you watch the Carolina bowl game? Better yet did you see that pathetic display by State in Basketball? :retard:

Crazy Canuck
Jan 1st, 2005, 02:46 AM
Sorry to hear. Not that this will make you feel any better, but I choose to stay in and am having a decent night. I live with 5 people, so damn is it nice to have the house to myself :)

Venus Forever
Jan 1st, 2005, 02:49 AM
Don't worry, I'm staying in for the night as well, and we all love you. :kiss:

*singing* Get well, get well soon, we want you to get well. Get well, get well soon, we want you to get well. *singing*

(For all of you who do not know, that's from Seinfeld ;))

Rocketta
Jan 1st, 2005, 02:53 AM
Sorry to hear. Not that this will make you feel any better, but I choose to stay in and am having a decent night. I live with 5 people, so damn is it nice to have the house to myself :)
No I don't like to stay in this one night because i usually stay in most of the year....but I can't even go to my aunt's house and just hang out. That sucks...:(

Rocketta
Jan 1st, 2005, 02:54 AM
Don't worry, I'm staying in for the night as well, and we all love you. :kiss:

*singing* Get well, get well soon, we want you to get well. Get well, get well soon, we want you to get well. *singing*

(For all of you who do not know, that's from Seinfeld ;))
Thanks Sweetie! :hug:

and thanks for telling me where that line came from cause I would've never known...:lol:

Pureracket
Jan 1st, 2005, 02:57 AM
awww Thank you! :hug:

Did you watch the Carolina bowl game? Better yet did you see that pathetic display by State in Basketball? :retard:I missed the bowl game, and State let me down - big time. You see how Da Heels are doing, though?:)

Rocketta
Jan 1st, 2005, 03:01 AM
I missed the bowl game, and State let me down - big time. You see how Da Heels are doing, though?:)
yeah I see despite their one horrible loss...:hehehe:

Crazy Canuck
Jan 1st, 2005, 03:03 AM
No I don't like to stay in this one night because i usually stay in most of the year....but I can't even go to my aunt's house and just hang out. That sucks...:(

Damn. Too bad they weren't able to make it over to you :(

Pureracket
Jan 1st, 2005, 03:03 AM
yeah I see despite their one horrible loss...:hehehe:Umm. . .don't go there. . . .LOL!

Cuckoo
Jan 1st, 2005, 03:09 AM
Yeah, First Country here to bring in the New Year (New Zealand) didn't hit it off that well, The Pub was like a sardine tin, so came home early and had a drink with some of the co-workers.

Enjoy it and make sure next year u blast it off in fashion

harloo
Jan 1st, 2005, 03:13 AM

Anyway, I need sympathy cause I'm stuck at home not being able to go out for New Year's eve because I just got out of the hospital and I have an open wound to deal with. Now I'm completely depressed because one I've been dealing with this wound for 4 weeks and two not having something to do on New Year's is the one thing that depresses me. I'm not sure why but it does.

:sad: It's going to be alright, you will be able to shake your ass in the club once that wound heals. I will be sure to do a 1,2 step tribute to you at the party I'm going to later on. Hope you feel better.`:hug:

Ted of Teds Tennis
Jan 1st, 2005, 03:17 AM
Have you tried masturbation, Rocketta? :p :devil:

Sam L
Jan 1st, 2005, 03:32 AM
Get well soon and hope you have a good new year's eve anyway! :)

Rocketta
Jan 1st, 2005, 03:43 AM
Yeah, First Country here to bring in the New Year (New Zealand) didn't hit it off that well, The Pub was like a sardine tin, so came home early and had a drink with some of the co-workers.

Enjoy it and make sure next year u blast it off in fashion
yeah I'm definitely going to do something next year....I'm thinking cruise. :D

Rocketta
Jan 1st, 2005, 03:44 AM
Damn. Too bad they weren't able to make it over to you :(um, drinking's not allowed in my mother's house. So no one wants to come over here.....:lol:

Rocketta
Jan 1st, 2005, 03:45 AM
:sad: It's going to be alright, you will be able to shake your ass in the club once that wound heals. I will be sure to do a 1,2 step tribute to you at the party I'm going to later on. Hope you feel better.`:hug:
Thanks but don't rub it in too hard...;)

Rocketta
Jan 1st, 2005, 03:46 AM
Have you tried masturbation, Rocketta? :p :devil:Master...what? Eh, I've never heard of that! :unsure: Yeah that's my story and I'm sticking to it.. :angel: :p

Rocketta
Jan 1st, 2005, 03:47 AM
Get well soon and hope you have a good new year's eve anyway! :)
Thanks! I will I'm getting ready to take two percocets...:hehehe:

Rocketta
Jan 1st, 2005, 03:48 AM
Ok, I'm over the negatism! Nothing but positivity going into 2005! Thanks everyone and have a
SAFE and HAPPY New Years! :wavey:

Mrs. Peel
Jan 1st, 2005, 04:03 AM
Thanks! I will I'm getting ready to take two percocets...:hehehe:
You have Percocet?!?!? Happy New Year indeed! :o :cool: :p

I'm staying in too...I visited so many people this week, ate and drank everything....I'm worn out!

Anyways here in Los Angeles, there are police EVERYWHERE ready to ruin your evening and depending where you are at, people still like to ring in the New Year firing off a handgun :eek: Hmmm....I'm safer in the house, I think :unsure:

HAPPY NEW YEAR ROCKETTA!!!!

Rocketta
Jan 1st, 2005, 04:09 AM
Mrs. Peel, unfortuately here as well people love the hand guns....and I think I heard a semi-automatic. :retard:

I'm scared cause those bullets got to come down somewhere......I just pray it's not in my house. :scared:

Happy New Year to you too! :wavey:

Crazy Canuck
Jan 1st, 2005, 04:37 AM
um, drinking's not allowed in my mother's house. So no one wants to come over here.....:lol:
:lol:

Happy New Years everybody :D

skanky~skanketta
Jan 1st, 2005, 04:56 AM
girl that sucksi know exactly how u feel, i was in the hosp for x-mas.

Rocketta
Jan 1st, 2005, 04:59 AM
girl that sucksi know exactly how u feel, i was in the hosp for x-mas.
I know and I hope your health is improving! :)

JenFan75
Jan 1st, 2005, 10:19 AM
How did you get hurt Rocketta?

flyingmachine
Jan 1st, 2005, 10:43 AM
Oh poor you Rocketta. :hug: From Britain with love get well soon. :)

gentenaire
Jan 1st, 2005, 11:08 AM
Aaw, Rocketta! :hug:

A few hours late, but HAPPY NEWYEAR *mwah mwah mwah* and*katching*(enjoy the Champagne).

Get well soon!!

Experimentee
Jan 1st, 2005, 12:04 PM
Rocketta :hug:
You can have fun at home without going out too. I hope u get better soon.
Going out can be overrated anyway. At least you'll be at home safe from being crushed on a hot night among thousands of people, not being able to breathe and having to escape being indecently assaulted.

rightous
Jan 1st, 2005, 01:07 PM
Rockie girl, hubby will make it all go away:)

If its any consolation I have been in bed for 3 days with the flu so I didn't do anything either, we could get sick together;)

¤CharlDa¤
Jan 1st, 2005, 02:16 PM
Poor fag hag :sad: I hope you are better this morning! Get well soon hon! You know you are the best! Have a great 05!

brickhousesupporter
Jan 1st, 2005, 02:40 PM
Cheer up sweets, Happy New Year. May the new year be better than the last. Sorry to hear about your wound, maybe when I get certification I can help treat it.....Don't know if I would trust me though :lol:

CC
Jan 1st, 2005, 03:30 PM
Happy new year. Hope you recover soon. I had a dull and uneventful evening myself. I was wrapped up in bed barely able to wait up for the ball to drop, and when it did I was out immediately. I can't say that I'm disappointed though, because I don't mind staying home sometimes.

Kart
Jan 1st, 2005, 05:17 PM
Aw Rocketta :hug:.

Clearly that medical advice I gave you was flawed :tape:.

I hope you get well soon :kiss:.

Rocketta
Jan 1st, 2005, 08:54 PM
JenFan---I didn't get hurt, I had surgery.

Flyingmachine, Experimentee, CD & Tine ----Thanks! It's appreciated :hug:

Rightous---Oh I'll get sick with you any day! :hehehe:

Brickhousesupporter---Oh I'm sure you're very skilled........I trust you. :wavey:

CC--Yeah I don't mind staying home 99.9% of the time except New Year's and I don't mean going to a club or anything just having a plan. One New Year's my bf's friend got married. So we went to her church who had service (it was one of those little independent holiness churches) and then at midnight she got married. Then we went to her reception. That was fun actually. Another year we went to a Mississippi Mass Choir concert that ended at Midnight. They set of fireworks in the church and the church caught on Fire..:lol: That was funny but only because no one was hurt.

Kart--Sweetie your advice was golden...:hug: I'm just one of those rare cases where no matter what the doctor did the wound reacted adversly. :shrug: It was funny because I had to go to the emergency room to meet him because he had a surgery and he made the Nurses assistant come in the room before him he said because I might kill him. :D I was very mad. Then the people in the area next me dad died and they didn't have a private room to put them in. So I had to listen to the mourning and the daughter saying "He's still warm!" :speakles: Anyway, it's been a weird week.

So medical people any advice on how to tolerate Percocet? I took some this morning because they packed the wound (left it open and stuffed it with guaze ---which is painful :( )and the nurse was coming to do it and I didn't want to be in too much pain. However, it made me sick to my stomach....praying to the porcelain God....So no more of those........unless if there is something to do before I take them that would help.

Shenay La Soul
Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:20 AM

Sorry about being in the hospital. Well maybe this will make you feel better:

I usually stay in on New Year's Eve because the expectations are always high but the majority of the time whatever you decide to do turns out to be a complete bust, whether you want to admit it or not.

Last night, I only went to my tennis club's party because two people that I usually play doubles with coerced me into going to it. This was my first time out on NYE since '99 and I was blatantly reminded why I prefer staying home watching Dick Clark or falling asleep before midnight.

I took two friends with me to the party and we get there at 11:00. I knew that we were in trouble when we walked in and the hosts of the party greets us with these headbands that had little stars hanging off them, informing us that the first order of business was to put on our headbands. We complied only out of being polite. Also, our hosts seemed so eager that we didn't want to hurt their feelings.

The next thing we had to do was pick these name tags out of a bowl. After that we had to peal the name off (it was a decal) and paste it to our shirts.

My name tag read "Adam Sandler".

Our hosts then informed us that we had to go around the party, read the name tags of other guests and figure out the theme of the party by solving the clues that our name tags represented. For example, I had "Adam Sandler" and there was another guest at the party whose name tag had a connection to "Adam Sandler".

Are you with me so far?

On the way there, I'm thinking everyone would bring their friends and we'd have a nice mix of people, and not just club members. Well, we head out to where everyone else was and I survey the room and notice that with the exception of about 5 people (including my two friends) everyone there was a club member. This sucks because as nice as the club members are all they mostly talk about is tennis.

My friends and I were hoping that people would be dancing because it was NYE party after all but everyone was content to drink and talk.

We turned on Regis, did the countdown and went back to talking about tennis.

Not many people were into the name tag game. I looked at name tags but I couldn't really see a "Adam Sandler" connection but then again I was trying that hard either. It turns out I needed to find the guest who was wearing "The 18th Hole" name tag because Adam Sandler was in the movie "Happy Gilmore" which about golf.

Fun, huh?

Happy Recovery!

Oh and I forgot to mention the 3-D glasses that we all had to wear!

Rocketta
Jan 2nd, 2005, 06:01 AM
Sorry about being in the hospital. Well maybe this will make you feel better:

I usually stay in on New Year's Eve because the expectations are always high but the majority of the time whatever you decide to do turns out to be a complete bust, whether you want to admit it or not.

Last night, I only went to my tennis club's party because two people that I usually play doubles with coerced me into going to it. This was my first time out on NYE since '99 and I was blatantly reminded why I prefer staying home watching Dick Clark or falling asleep before midnight.

I took two friends with me to the party and we get there at 11:00. I knew that we were in trouble when we walked in and the hosts of the party greets us with these headbands that had little stars hanging off them, informing us that the first order of business was to put on our headbands. We complied only out of being polite. Also, our hosts seemed so eager that we didn't want to hurt their feelings.

The next thing we had to do was pick these name tags out of a bowl. After that we had to peal the name off (it was a decal) and paste it to our shirts.

My name tag read "Adam Sandler".

Our hosts then informed us that we had to go around the party, read the name tags of other guests and figure out the theme of the party by solving the clues that our name tags represented. For example, I had "Adam Sandler" and there was another guest at the party whose name tag had a connection to "Adam Sandler".

Are you with me so far?

On the way there, I'm thinking everyone would bring their friends and we'd have a nice mix of people, and not just club members. Well, we head out to where everyone else was and I survey the room and notice that with the exception of about 5 people (including my two friends) everyone there was a club member. This sucks because as nice as the club members are all they mostly talk about is tennis.

My friends and I were hoping that people would be dancing because it was NYE party after all but everyone was content to drink and talk.

We turned on Regis, did the countdown and went back to talking about tennis.

Not many people were into the name tag game. I looked at name tags but I couldn't really see a "Adam Sandler" connection but then again I was trying that hard either. It turns out I needed to find the guest who was wearing "The 18th Hole" name tag because Adam Sandler was in the movie "Happy Gilmore" which about golf.

Fun, huh?

Happy Recovery!

Oh and I forgot to mention the 3-D glasses that we all had to wear!
omg! :haha:

Ok, you've definitely lifted my spirits with that tale...