PDA

View Full Version : What should be their goals for next year?? (bump from last year)

arn
Dec 31st, 2004, 11:46 PM
If you were Kim, Justine, Kirsten, Aude, Els, Caroline, Evelyne,.... what should be your goal for next year to make it a succesful year (ranking wise and performance-wise)?? Up to you to make their goals ;)

Elleke
Jan 1st, 2005, 12:22 PM
Aude: trying to get in the junior grand slams

tennisbelge
Jan 1st, 2005, 02:14 PM
If you were Kim, Justine, Kirsten, Aude, Els, Caroline, Evelyne,.... what should be your goal for next year to make it a succesful year (ranking wise and performance-wise)?? Up to you to make their goals ;)

Kim and Justine have already achieved so much that their goal has to be a Grand Slam title (and especially Wimbledon for Justine) + getting back in the Top 5 or even 3.
Kirsten should enter the Top 100 and play her first Grand Slam main draw in RG or Wimbledon.
Aude : try to get in the Top 50 and play her first junior Grand Slam. She should also try to have a few WTA points at the end of the season
Els : just enjoy herself and results will come back. I'd like to see her finishing the year with a new double title.
Caroline : if she does'nt come back quickly I think this will be her last year.
Eveline : she has to go for the top 200. Just winning 50% of the 3-setters she lost last year could boost her ranking

arn
Jan 1st, 2005, 04:38 PM
Kim and Justine have already achieved so much that their goal has to be a Grand Slam title (and especially Wimbledon for Justine) + getting back in the Top 5 or even 3.
Kirsten should enter the Top 100 and play her first Grand Slam main draw in RG or Wimbledon.
Aude : try to get in the Top 50 and play her first junior Grand Slam. She should also try to have a few WTA points at the end of the season
Els : just enjoy herself and results will come back. I'd like to see her finishing the year with a new double title.
Caroline : if she does'nt come back quickly I think this will be her last year.
Eveline : she has to go for the top 200. Just winning 50% of the 3-setters she lost last year could boost her ranking
I agree on everything, I would even put the goals for Justine and Kim a bit higher. Reaching #1 again (if their comeback on tour goes well)

Will Leslie still play this year (combined with studies)? of will she drop out of the tour completely?

Brαm
Jan 1st, 2005, 07:24 PM
Justine: top-3, win a slam
Kim: top-5, win a slam
Els: get back into the top-100 but I'm afraid it'll be hard. Win a few matches at GS. Doubles title.
Kirsten: top-100
Leslie: enter top-300 + show us that the $25k win wasn't a fluke ;)
Eveline: win a 3rd set :o Sorry if that sounds harsh but it's true IMO! She'll have to win those matches if she wants to make progress and enter the top-300 or 250.
Debbrich: win a $10k, enter top-400
Caroline: win twice as many matches as last year! Oh and a $10k win!! Her last win was in 2001 :help:

Aude: top-50 in juniors

arn
Nov 14th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Bump,

2005 was the year of Kim and Justine (again). We cannot forget the back problems of Kirsten that prevented here from progressing this year. The lower ranked belgians did what we was to be expected; not really progressing (or they stopped playing tennis :sad: ) :(