PDA

View Full Version : Ankle Braces

ae wowww
Dec 31st, 2004, 01:50 PM
I know that Anna Lena Groenefeld, (one of my favourite players) definitely wears ankle braces, but which other WTA players do :drool:?

Pics ;)?

ae wowww
Dec 31st, 2004, 01:58 PM
Please? I'm desperate ;)!

ae wowww
Dec 31st, 2004, 03:04 PM
So no-one knows? I am sure that there is someone out there hehe!

ae wowww
Dec 31st, 2004, 03:37 PM
:sad: I want to see more :sad:

Kelly
Dec 31st, 2004, 04:26 PM
none that i know of but alot of players where strapping under there socks....hingis was one of them.

ae wowww
Dec 31st, 2004, 04:56 PM
I'm just gonna have to google search images for hoooourrss at different players :sad:

Wish someone knew something!?

paul_masterton
Dec 31st, 2004, 05:25 PM
emily webley-smith plays with one on her ight ankle

she broke her ankle then did her ligaments in, or was it the other way around? cant remember, but she was out for a year and had 3 ops, so she still wears one, though it's now alot smaller than it was when she first came back.

ae wowww
Dec 31st, 2004, 05:56 PM
http://enmoden.tripod.com/hkopihtm/hkopi/w2036h5.jpg

esquímaux
Dec 31st, 2004, 06:41 PM
:sad: I want to see more :sad:fetish?

greenfunkTHREE.
Jan 1st, 2005, 04:29 AM
none that i know of but alot of players where strapping under there socks....hingis was one of them.

why do they wear strappings?
actually, if players were to wear ankle bracelets, it would be quite obvious cos most of the players are now wearing ankle socks. -thumbs up for ankle socks!

Mattographer
Jan 1st, 2005, 05:05 AM
Jaslyn Hewitt or at least I think :p

Jarrett
Jan 1st, 2005, 07:18 AM
why do you care?

ae wowww
Jan 1st, 2005, 08:42 AM
fetish?
Let's call it interest...

why do they wear strappings?
To prevent the ankle/foot from turning over, if they kind of lose balance... It's a little uncomfortable at first, but it basically prevents you snapping your ankle, if you have weak ankle(s).

why do you care?
See above...

greenfunkTHREE.
Jan 1st, 2005, 10:19 AM
i see. but what if you dont? you dont put the strappings?

Kelly
Jan 1st, 2005, 11:29 AM
it depends on the player...some players strap there toes as well to prevent blisters

Fantastic
Jan 1st, 2005, 02:10 PM
Most proper ladies wouldn't wear something as unsightly as an ankle brace. None of them want to look like they have fat ankles in front of the cameras or nothing. ;)

Lleyton Hewitt is probably the closest you're gonna get to a girl who wears an ankle brace when she plays. I actually like wearing an ankle brace. I borrowed one from my physio because I'd twisted an ankle and didn't want to risk turning over on it again. The trouble is, the ones that Lleyton wears is hard to find. You need to go to a special sports physio place in order to buy one. Chemists don't stock them. Buggers. I don't wear the ankle brace anymore. I can only find the wrap around ones you're supposed to wear under your socks. I used to wear them over the socks and it kept coming undone in the shoe. So stuff it.

GermanBoy
Jan 1st, 2005, 02:15 PM
fetish?
:haha: :haha: Said by Mr. "I love ATP players in white socks" :p

greenfunkTHREE.
Jan 1st, 2005, 02:23 PM
it depends on the player...some players strap there toes as well to prevent blisters

ahh i see. but does actually help? i once strapped my ankle cos i sprained it. but i ended getting a blister somewhere at the arch. :sad:

Kelly
Jan 1st, 2005, 06:14 PM
it depends on how and where you strap it....its best to use bits of tape rather than wrap it round as you can build it up more in the places where you need the most support or where you muscles/ligaments are damaged.

ae wowww
Jan 1st, 2005, 07:33 PM
I have the link to the website where Doug Spreen buys them for A-Rod, I'll give it to ya guys when I get back home!

ae wowww
Jan 2nd, 2005, 06:56 PM
http://www.medspec.com/OnlineProducts.cfm?ID=1 - ok this is where Andy Roddick buys his... Girls, buy them and take photos... send them to me!! ;)!!

ae wowww
Jan 3rd, 2005, 07:31 AM
http://users.pandora.be/tennispics/photogallery/photo17257/Emma%20Laine%2019-08-04%2014.jpg

EMMA LAINE :drool:

soos n the sis
Jan 3rd, 2005, 09:10 AM
when I saw "braces" I thought this was about Sveta. sorry.

go on.

ae wowww
Jan 3rd, 2005, 09:24 AM
when I saw "braces" I thought this was about Sveta. sorry.

go on.
I love Sveta but :tape:

ae wowww
Jan 18th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Another to add-Samantha Stosur... All the hot girls wear braces :lol:!

ae wowww
Jan 29th, 2005, 11:44 AM
http://www.medspec.com/OnlineProducts.cfm?ID=1 - ok this is where Andy Roddick buys his... Girls, buy them and take photos... send them to me!! ;)!!
No-one has bought any :o ! :lol:

Sorry I had to make it so small... its a high res image