PDA

View Full Version : Shahar Peer 2005

Pages : [1] 2

Kutuzova
Dec 31st, 2004, 01:13 PM
She begins her 2005 campaign, where she will rise to the top, in Auckland Tier 4

1st rd. vs. Teryn Ashley

Go Shahar, this is your best surface and I know you can do this :bounce:

Kutuzova
Jan 1st, 2005, 02:26 PM
Shahar's 1st rd. match in Auckland was rained out, she will play 2 matches Sunday

GO SHAY!!!

Meteor Shower
Jan 2nd, 2005, 12:09 PM
1 round win 6-3 6-1 :)
2 round win 6-2 6-3 :D
3 round vs. Melien Tu

Good luck Shahar! :)

Kutuzova
Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:11 PM
GO Shahar, dominate Tu like you did the others

Oleh
Jan 3rd, 2005, 08:16 AM
She can do it!!
Yallah Shahar!

PointBlank
Jan 3rd, 2005, 04:42 PM
Oleh. Are you by any chance related to :anzela:?

Oleh
Jan 3rd, 2005, 07:17 PM
Oleh. Are you by any chance related to :anzela:?
To whom? are they another figment of your imagination?

She should be playing Morigami sometime after midnight tonight if the official website is anything to go by. And the rain stays up in the clouds..

Oleh
Jan 4th, 2005, 03:56 AM
And she done it! Thats made my day:D

I think the next one up shes playing will be danillidou ..all she can do is give it her best and take those points so well deserved. Have "hope"...

JPhurst
Jan 4th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Danillidou lost to Mara Santangelo, so that's who Shahar faces next. Good luck to Shahar.

Oleh
Jan 4th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Oh even the better..my day just got better for the second time!
Shahar...:kiss:

Meteor Shower
Jan 4th, 2005, 06:05 PM
:worship: :worship:

I was so angry today, I had like 2 minutes before school and I opened the computer and it took alone like 2 minutes and when the Windows came up the Internet didn't connect. :mad:
I waited like one more minute and then restarted went back after a minute and saw the Disconnected mode, I clicked on it just to make sure and it said Connected. I connected ASAP ;) checked the score and all my anger gone :lol:

After that little meaningless :) story, good luck tomorrow Shahar :cool:

P.S No fights here, we all worship Shahar :p :worship:

Kutuzova
Jan 4th, 2005, 06:26 PM
Shahar good 2nd rd easier than the 1st, GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

PointBlank
Jan 5th, 2005, 03:03 AM
She won in 3..6-something,4-6,6-2

Meteor Shower
Jan 7th, 2005, 05:18 AM
She lost in the QF to srebotnik
6-1 6-4. Leave you with the thought she could have done better without the rain :(

Well, great turny anyway. Good luck in next one :)

Kutuzova
Jan 7th, 2005, 11:08 PM
She had a great tourney!!! Should have beat Srebotnik but it is a great start to the year. I am very proud! Hopefully it will only get better!!

Good Luck in Aussie Open Qualies!!!

Oleh
Jan 8th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Shahar done great even to get as far as she did. Well done :)
Methinks she may be slowly but surely moving her way up!!

Kutuzova
Jan 12th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Shahar's Draw for the Aussie Qualies: Shahar show everyone how good your are and qualify in this tough draw that includes Sesil. I know you can do it!

Sesil Karatancheva BUL [1] v. Chanelle Scheepers RSA
Maria Fernanda Alves BRA v. Nina Bratchikova RUS
Daniella Dominikovic AUS v. Adriana Szili AUS
Libuse Prusova CZE v. Shahar Peer ISR [19]

Kutuzova
Jan 13th, 2005, 12:24 AM
Shahar won her 1st rd. def. Prusova 6-1 6-0 ! Now she plays Domninikovic which should be an easier match than the 1st rd.!

Oleh
Jan 13th, 2005, 04:33 AM
Shes gonna do well and should easily get past the qualifiers

Shonami Slam
Jan 13th, 2005, 08:35 PM
Hey! new here, please be gentle with me :)
Just wanted to say i really like shahar's game, and that i think it's a real bummer that she gets sesil for the final qualy round...
i hope shahar wins, but sesil gets a lucky loser! both girls are the best out of top100 youngsters in my opinion, but i prefer shahar!
hope she beats her with style!

like this forum!
:bounce: :bounce:

Shonami Slam
Jan 14th, 2005, 12:20 AM
yay! shahar won! 6-4 6-1
sesil match will be really hard...

Meteor Shower
Jan 14th, 2005, 04:35 AM
Hey! new here, please be gentle with me :)
Just wanted to say i really like shahar's game, and that i think it's a real bummer that she gets sesil for the final qualy round...
i hope shahar wins, but sesil gets a lucky loser! both girls are the best out of top100 youngsters in my opinion, but i prefer shahar!
hope she beats her with style!

like this forum!
:bounce: :bounce:

Hey, what's your name?
I'm Or.
Welcome to the forum :)

Yeah Sesil will be a tough task but I heard Shahar beat her before :confused: And Shahar can really get confident when she play against someone she had won before. Too bad that the great form of Shahar can be stopped so soon :(

anyway I got 2 big exams coming up today, wish me good luck :) Gotta go :wavey:

Shonami Slam
Jan 14th, 2005, 11:46 AM
Good luck indeed!
the name's Gil ^^
i checked the head to head matches on ITFtennis and shahar did in fact win, it was in the Leciva Czech Junior Open at the QF stage Shahar won 7-6(6) 1-6 6-4 - but let's not forget that since then 2 and a half years have past, and i think they favored sesil in her growing up and getting stronger, as opposed to shahar that stayed "tiny"...
i hopw she doesn't think about the match versus srebotnik where she should have won after she had a Head 2 head lead with an easy win.
just focus, force sesil with very flat balls (which Shaar doesn't do that much) and make her run.
she's 2 years younger than shahar, it might be the last time that shahar can use this advantage. sesil seems to lose her focus, not just here in the qualy rounds, but in her previous tournies too.
shahar should use that to blitz, like she did againt Dani D yesterday. dominikovich would unleash her power, and then shahar took 2-3 games in a row, keeping herself calm.
anyway - she has the pedigree on this very GS, so she should just think "hey, i beat all those babies, i cun kick this one's butt anyday!"
and pressure on second serve! when nervouse, she totally loses her serve weapon!

good luck! (with your exams too! :D )

Kutuzova
Jan 14th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Shahar just need to play well. She has the weapons to out hit Sesil. She needs to attack the Karatancheva forehand and let Sesil miss some. Sesil will then get frustrated and become defensive and then Shahar can shine with her beautiful attacking play!

Kutuzova
Jan 15th, 2005, 03:10 AM
Shahar lost 6-4 7-5 not that happy because she had a 3-0 lead in the first and came back from 4-0 down in the second. She will be maindraw at the french I think, but she can win these types of matches and has to believe herself that she can!

Meteor Shower
Jan 15th, 2005, 07:15 AM
Shahar lost 6-4 7-5 not that happy because she had a 3-0 lead in the first and came back from 4-0 down in the second. She will be maindraw at the french I think, but she can win these types of matches and has to believe herself that she can!

Yep. And what's up with starting 0-40 on serve :o
I'm sad with the loss but a little happy with the comback from 4-0. Should have taken the close game in 5-5 30-30. Well nice fight anway, She will get some nice points for reaching 3rd qualifying round. :)

Shonami Slam
Jan 15th, 2005, 02:40 PM
too bad.
i thought that both players didn't play the best of thier games. sesil got broken so much, and shahar threw unforced errors evrywhere. too bad for that.
what's her next tournaments on scheduele?
she might want to go and play an ITF circuit tourny, just to get another good preformance, and boost the confidence back up.
better than waiting 2 weeks without play, and starting out again from the beggining.
i demand main draw from her next slam! :D

Oleh
Jan 16th, 2005, 07:14 AM
She still has plenty of life left in her. Sadly she didnt get as far as I expected, but I think she will learn well and shes on her way up slowly but surely. The points she amassed recently will do her no harm what so ever. Still makes an excellent number 3 for now:)

Not giving up on you just yet Shahar:)

Meteor Shower
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Question: Will Shahar use the JE? she deserves it I think.

P.S Good luck in your next turny, hope your new rank will get you to the MD.

Meteor Shower
Jan 29th, 2005, 02:29 PM
No one updates?

P.S Good luck in your next turny, hope your new rank will get you to the MD.

So close! She is seeded 1 in qualifying.

1st round d. ABRAMOVIC Ivana(CRO) 6-2,6-3
2nd round vs. KIRKLAND Jessica(USA) (Revange!)
3rd round vs. ??

Good luck!

Shonami Slam
Jan 29th, 2005, 02:50 PM
if she can get to the final qualifying stage, i think she will get in with a LL entrance in the vry worst case...
alot of people tend to withdraw after slams
but let's hope she'll take the bonus points and cash, and make it by herself :)

shirgan
Jan 29th, 2005, 05:33 PM
From what I see shahar can enter only 4 more tournaments (not counting Pattaya tourny) until the 1st of May. That means 4 tournaments in 3 months

That's really not a lot...

Shonami Slam
Jan 29th, 2005, 06:03 PM
i think she's trying to go for the tatiana golovin, maria sharapova, strycova tactics - which is simply getting your ranking good enough to be allowed to play more tournaments (and every tournament counts, the way she's playing... :worship: ) so if she can get to the quarterfinals this week, and in hyderabad next week - she might get into the top 100 and get that allowance. :bounce:
i dunno if i wan't that friggin 18th birthday or not!
18 = pro player, that can play as much as she wants :hearts:
but 18 = army :sad:
i just hope that she can play well!

Meteor Shower
Jan 29th, 2005, 06:05 PM
From what I see shahar can enter only 4 more tournaments (not counting Pattaya tourny) until the 1st of May. That means 4 tournaments in 3 months

That's really not a lot...

Well, she got the JE doesn't she? and I think that if she is getting WC she can enter.

Meteor Shower
Jan 31st, 2005, 05:42 AM
Into the main draw:

1st round d. ABRAMOVIC Ivana(CRO) 6-2,6-3 :)
2nd round d. KIRKLAND Jessica(USA) 6-2,7-5 :D
3rd round d. GUMULYA Sandy(INA) 6-2,6-2 :woohoo:

Good luck in main draw. Hope you'll get a nice draw. :bounce:

Shonami Slam
Jan 31st, 2005, 11:24 AM
she's going up against 6th seed and 66th ranked rising polish youngster marta domachowska. should be a good match!
marta is playing fairly well at this point - having played 4 of her 6 matches in three sets!
PERRY, SHENAY USA 69 L 7-5 3-6 6-3
MORIGAMI, AKIKO JPN 68 W 6-2 7-5
CAMERIN, MARIA ELENA ITA 41 W 6-4 2-6 6-2
LI, NA CHN 76 L 6-3 3-6 6-1
LI, TING CHN 171 W 6-1 3-6 6-0
FARINA ELIA, SILVIA ITA 19 L 6-3 7-6(5

so she's playing very solidly indeed.

my guess (and hopefully it will happen) Shahar takes it in two sets, but not without a hard fought battle. 6-4 7-5

BTW
check this out:
http://www.wtatour.com/rankings/porsche/singles.asp
THREE ISRAELIS IN THE TOP 100 POINTERS OF THE FIRST THREE TOURNIES OF 2005!!!
so exciting!
smashnova with 106 points is currently 37th in the race
peer at 52 with 75 points
obziler at 63 with 57 points
so cool!

Shonami Slam
Jan 31st, 2005, 11:31 AM
i checked out how many points she'll be getting from the qualies -
abramovic - 2 points
kirkland - 2 points
gumulya - 1 points
plus qualifying points - 5.5
10.5 total.
losing rd1 will grant her anouther point, but a win will add 8 points for the bonus points, plus 12 points for a 2nd round showing...

quarters should boost her to the top 100.
this is a very good draw for Shahar - the best she had so far, in my opinion - mostly since she's in a Qualifiers part of the draw - she can make it all the way up to the semis with a little effort.

Kutuzova
Jan 31st, 2005, 10:49 PM
Awsome Job Shahar, tough 1st round, but fight ur heart out. Go for the top 100!!!!!!!!

shirgan
Feb 1st, 2005, 01:04 AM
i checked out how many points she'll be getting from the qualies -
abramovic - 2 points
kirkland - 2 points
gumulya - 1 points
plus qualifying points - 5.5
10.5 total.
losing rd1 will grant her anouther point, but a win will add 8 points for the bonus points, plus 12 points for a 2nd round showing...

quarters should boost her to the top 100.
this is a very good draw for Shahar - the best she had so far, in my opinion - mostly since she's in a Qualifiers part of the draw - she can make it all the way up to the semis with a little effort.
if she loses in the first round she won't get another point
qualifiers who lose in first round get only the points they accumulated in the qualies

JPhurst
Feb 1st, 2005, 03:23 PM
if she loses in the first round she won't get another point
qualifiers who lose in first round get only the points they accumulated in the qualies

Irrelevant because Shahar won her first round match! :D

Shonami Slam
Feb 1st, 2005, 03:43 PM
my bad, sorry.
but now she's in a real run for the top!
i was really pleased to see her draw - but i was worried of marta ruining the fun - now i expect Shahar to take advantage of the giftdraw she was givin, and go all the way to the semis, hopefully against Vera... that should be a wonderful match!

Oleh
Feb 1st, 2005, 07:21 PM
Wow shoni thats a big cal!! :D (Not that im complaining I really hope she gets that far!)

If she gets that far in this lot, how long till the t100?? (My inner instincts are telling me 6-8 months and shell be 160-199..I dont know why..they just are;):D:p)

Shonami Slam
Feb 1st, 2005, 09:33 PM
i think that if she is to win this match, she will have to play conchita in order to get enough ranking points to get to the top 100.
don't forget that she's packed up with alot of players that are still playing this week.
in the meanwhile she's placed 119
one spot after obziler!
in half a year, i see Shahar learning what it's like to play the real girls, and sadly staying in the 60-100 place for the next few years. she plays great tennis - but nothing to compete with the top 50 girls.
but in three years time, she should improve her serve, hit flatter, and i think that she should really play those down the lines more often.
cross-court backhand is great - but it won't work against the big guns.
jelena jankovic is a good example of a girl not afraid to take risks. it worked well, but lately she's in bad form.
ANYWAY
good luck!

Shonami Slam
Feb 3rd, 2005, 10:57 AM
C"MON!
great win!
quick and easy, no sweat!
very important that she doesn't get into these exhuasting fights with players that have nothing to lose!
she's gunna start losing points very soon, of you know what i mean....
so she can't let herself lose concentration!
now... talaja or conchi...
my forecast for a semi-final are depening on you babe!

Meteor Shower
Feb 3rd, 2005, 12:22 PM
(6-4 6-2 vs. Akgul)

I'm still wating for some inteview from turny website or israeli media :)

:) I think she can win vs. Conchita but it will be very tough.
Good luck Shahar

P.S Jelena Jankovic :( get over your slump fast.

Oleh
Feb 3rd, 2005, 09:14 PM
She's rocketing up there!:D

Aslong as she keeps her confidence she can beat Conchita methinks.

Kutuzova
Feb 3rd, 2005, 10:30 PM
Go Shahar, different matchup than 1st 2 rounds, alot of different shots with different spins, if she handles them well, she should win. You can do this Shahar!

Shonami Slam
Feb 4th, 2005, 11:30 AM
:sad: :sad:
loss to martinez... too bad.
regroup and get that semi in hyderabad!!
great week all in all!

Shonami Slam
Feb 6th, 2005, 08:24 PM
once again the first round features a real PAW-dare regarding shahar - can she beat panova?
if the PAWs are any indication of an upset - yes, shahar can.
some stats -
shahar's 2005 campaign is on a roll - reached the QF of two tournaments already, as well as reaching the final round of qualifying in the aussie open. her record so far stands at a remarkable 12-3, with two of those losses going to eventual tournament winner, and the last of them to the extremelly talented sesil kartencheva.
panova though, had a quite a heck of a start as well. she may only stand 4-4, but she's already reached a QF in aukland and the third round of the first grand slam, including an upset against talented jankovic.
her losses too were to great players - top seeds twice: italian farina elia, and american veteran amy fraziar. the last of the three losses went to molik, another player on the run this year.
once again, as expected on the WTAtour - shahar faces another chance for an upset win. last week she improved her best win to date one place - from 67 (srebotnik last year in seuol) to 66 - the 6th seeded marta domochowska. this week it won't be a piece of cake against the 81st ranked russian (her ranking tomorrow, according to theboiledegg)
another difference between last week and this one is that panova has already featured in the "first round loss" this year - just last week, losing to jill craybas in 3s, the last going 7-5 the americans way.
shahar still has a week before last years hyderabad points will come off. this means she has a chance for a top 100 finish already! the top 100 point cut is the 357.5 points of laura granville - that means shahar will have to acclaim 55.25 points - not an easy task, but the chances will be boosted should shahar win the match - 12 round points plus 4 more quality points.
panova is seeded third - a bad omen for shahar in india - last year's debut was halted by asia's sweetheart tammy tansagarne - seeded third...
if shahar wants to prove she's consistent - her's a very good way to show it.
i wish her the very best of luck.
i personnaly think she can, and will make it.

(tried to give it a WTA style analysis, lol - tell me if you liked it! and please forgive any mistake i might have made!)

Oleh
Feb 7th, 2005, 08:08 AM
once again the first round features a real PAW-dare regarding shahar - can she beat panova?
if the PAWs are any indication of an upset - yes, shahar can.
some stats -
shahar's 2005 campaign is on a roll - reached the QF of two tournaments already, as well as reaching the final round of qualifying in the aussie open. her record so far stands at a remarkable 12-3, with two of those losses going to eventual tournament winner, and the last of them to the extremelly talented sesil kartencheva.
panova though, had a quite a heck of a start as well. she may only stand 4-4, but she's already reached a QF in aukland and the third round of the first grand slam, including an upset against talented jankovic.
her losses too were to great players - top seeds twice: italian farina elia, and american veteran amy fraziar. the last of the three losses went to molik, another player on the run this year.
once again, as expected on the WTAtour - shahar faces another chance for an upset win. last week she improved her best win to date one place - from 67 (srebotnik last year in seuol) to 66 - the 6th seeded marta domochowska. this week it won't be a piece of cake against the 81st ranked russian (her ranking tomorrow, according to theboiledegg)
another difference between last week and this one is that panova has already featured in the "first round loss" this year - just last week, losing to jill craybas in 3s, the last going 7-5 the americans way.
shahar still has a week before last years hyderabad points will come off. this means she has a chance for a top 100 finish already! the top 100 point cut is the 357.5 points of laura granville - that means shahar will have to acclaim 55.25 points - not an easy task, but the chances will be boosted should shahar win the match - 12 round points plus 4 more quality points.
panova is seeded third - a bad omen for shahar in india - last year's debut was halted by asia's sweetheart tammy tansagarne - seeded third...
if shahar wants to prove she's consistent - her's a very good way to show it.
i wish her the very best of luck.
i personnaly think she can, and will make it.

(tried to give it a WTA style analysis, lol - tell me if you liked it! and please forgive any mistake i might have made!)

:yeah: I like! :D

Good luck Shahar :)

Meteor Shower
Feb 7th, 2005, 01:23 PM
1st round d. Tatiana PANOVA 6-3, 7-6 (2) :bounce:
2nd round vs. Marie-Eve PELLETIER

Great win! and in two sets :eek: :D

Good luck in the next round Shahar!

Oleh
Feb 7th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Excellent win indeed! I'm flabbergasted it lasted only two sets..i was worried there!
C'mon Shahar dont let anone stop you now!:D

Shonami Slam
Feb 7th, 2005, 09:56 PM
hey - once again my pre-match analysis!
hope you like it!

the most important stat to the advantage of shahar in her next round against the 22 year old canadian Marie-Eve Pelletier is that she is 40-3 against players ranked lower than her.... quite amazing.
another important stat in this game is that in her whole career - marie's best result wat the second round.
that said, it could look like the match is set and done - but as always on the womens tour - things aren't what they seem.
in 2002 marie was at her best - and reached her career high of 128.
this week - she's gunna beat that. the week is still long ahead of us - so it's not sure - but in any case she is back in her best form, and probably even better.
last week must have put a smile on her face - she won only her second ITF title in the 50K Waikoloa hardcourt tournament.
she seems to have a good GS record, always seems to play well in those four biggies, but nothing more than qualifying.
this year has started well for her - going 10-2, now 11 with her hard fought three setter win over russian ekaterina bychkova 26 75 75. match point saved included.
if a determent shahar wants that top 100 this week, she'll have to get all the way to the semis - and that might not be enough - so expect her, as usual - to fight.
shahar said after her match against panova that she controlled herself, and just went by her plan - that just might be enough to stop marie of a first QF showing dream.
shahar might as well do more than just plan - she could ask for advice. a certain tzipi obziler might help out, having beaten marie a two seasons ago 26 60 63
her luck against israelis is quite bad honestly - also losing to anna smashnova 7-6(5) 6-0. her career best wins are worse than shahars by far, having beaten only 5 top 100 players - 72 the best of them (twice). in comparsion - shahar peer in this year alone has beaten 3, and has 4 overall.
marie hasn't beaten a player highly ranked as shahar this year - her best win coming at the AO qualy - a 64 60 win over 151st ranked pitchet of france.
all the statistics are in shahars favour. she seems the better player - but she musn't let that get to her. a match is a match - she should give her opponent the respect she deserves - and thrash her in straight sets.
best of luck to you, shahar!
back to back QF!

Shonami Slam
Feb 8th, 2005, 10:34 PM
i would just like to add that shahar at the moment has the most wins this year on tour - 13.
keep it up, good work.
i would also like to add that her opponent, Pelletier is second in matches won...
nice clash.

Meteor Shower
Mar 19th, 2005, 12:13 PM
After finishing her *stupid* final exams (hopefully succesfully) Peer is now in Miami from 13 in March exercising in Chris Evert's :worship: academy which takes place a week (meaning ends tomorrow), with other good players under inspection of the coach Andy brandy who among other things, is the coach of the American Lisa Raymond, that ranked 40 in the world.

Later Shahar will play in Nasdaq Miami, that distribute prizes in the sum of 3.1 million dollar. Later she will head to more tournaments in United States, including also Amelia Ailand and Charlston, before she will represent Israel in the Fed cup in Turkey.

I hope We'll get a report about it in the next few days, I think it can really help Shahar develop her game. :D
Good luck in the turnys in US girl :D and make us proud together with Anna,Tzipi and Yevgenia in Fed Cup :)

Shonami Slam
Mar 19th, 2005, 12:59 PM
i think it came in a good time.
she rested a bit, and now she can concentrate on tennis.
plus - there was a mini-clay season/big tournies
so now she can keep her number of tournies allowed and play hardcourts more, like she should.
if she qualifies, it can be great. i hope she plays some good tennis and get's some points.

Meteor Shower
Mar 19th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Hey Gil :)

Yep..I also think it came in a good time. I wonder who are the other players who are in the Academy. I heard there are pretty good players there. I just hope it won't be for nothing and Shahar will learn from the Academy. Well I guess we just have to wait and see :D

Anyway I wanted to ask you sth if you know.. Which courts Shahar prefers? Grass or clay? thanks.

Kutuzova
Mar 21st, 2005, 02:35 AM
Good Luck Shahar
1st rd of Miami Qualies against Serra-Zanetti, Go Shahar play great and keep up with the tremendous start to your year!

Shonami Slam
Mar 21st, 2005, 11:59 AM
Hey Gil :)

Yep..I also think it came in a good time. I wonder who are the other players who are in the Academy. I heard there are pretty good players there. I just hope it won't be for nothing and Shahar will learn from the Academy. Well I guess we just have to wait and see :D

Anyway I wanted to ask you sth if you know.. Which courts Shahar prefers? Grass or clay? thanks.

i would love a list of names too - but i couldn't find anything on google :lol:
shahar is still young and can learn evrything from anyone - it's all about awarness and right preparement at the right time.

as for her favorite surface - i suppose it's hardcourts (mostly since she played those the most). she won the junior AO, and reached her best results on hardcourts. i suppose she will do better on grass than on clay since her style is better for quicker points - that backhand is top class, and if her forehand has improved just a little, she should be able to qualify with ease in wimbledon.

Meteor Shower
Mar 22nd, 2005, 08:18 PM
I know her favourite surface is hardcourt, I asked if she prefers grass or clay. I guess grass but I wanna think clay :p

Anyway

QR1 d. Antonella Serra-Zannetti(9) 6-3 6-1 :)
QR2 d. Silvia Talaja(14) 6-1 6-1 :D
1 round vs. ? :bounce:

Kutuzova
Mar 23rd, 2005, 11:29 AM
Shahar plays Domachowska who she beat in Hyderabad this year. She seems to be playing well, crushing players who have given her trouble in the past in qualies. Good Luck today, I will be there cheering you on!

Meteor Shower
Mar 23rd, 2005, 11:58 AM
Shahar plays Domachowska who she beat in Hyderabad this year. She seems to be playing well, crushing players who have given her trouble in the past in qualies. Good Luck today, I will be there cheering you on!

Thats awsome :)
But you know you've gotta give us report right? ;)

Enjoy there and Good luck Shahar :bounce:

Meteor Shower
Mar 23rd, 2005, 09:46 PM

Wow you've got to see some match :p you are lucky.
I want full report :angel:
Thanks for cheering Shahar, in this close matches that what can help a person win :)

QR1 d. Antonella Serra-Zannetti(9) 6-3 6-1 :)
QR2 d. Silvia Talaja(14) 6-1 6-1 :D
1st round d. Marta Domachowska 6-2 2-6 7-5 :bounce:
2nd round vs. Marion Bartoli :scared:

Kutuzova
Mar 26th, 2005, 02:54 PM
My Report From Shahar's 1st round:
Peer def. Domachowska 6-2 2-6 7-5
BEST MATCH OF THE DAY! Shahar would have whipped Marta but she was having trouble with her serve. I love both these girls and it sucks that they had to play each other in the first round. Shahar though is one of my favorites of my favorites so I had to cheer for her. She just dominated Marta in the first set. When they got into rallies Shahar just moved the ball all over the place and never let Marta dictate. She would just hit some awesome angles and the smack a winner down the line. Marta was struggling when she was brought in and had to volley or hit and overhead. Second set, Marta attacked Shahar’s serve which began to give her problems. That was the difference in the second set and Marta picked up her groundies and began to hit some awesome winners. In the third set it was a dog fight. Both girls were struggling with their serves. Marta would take a lead and then Shahar would fight back and then Marta would take a lead and then Shahar would fight back. Then Shahar broke at 3-3 and at game point at 4-3 she hit and ace to go up 5-3 and she screamed two big “come ons!” She was pumped but she lost the next game and then the rain came. When the players got back Marta broke for 5-5 but then Shahar took the next two games with some great winners and she took the match. There were also a lot of questionable line calls in this match. Both girls have a ton of talent. Shahar is top 5 material. All she has to work on is her serve. She has everything else. She has beautiful groundies and she is so quick. I cant even tell you how many points Shahar saved with an awesome get. She also volleys so well. I think she will be top 50 by the end of the year, maybe higher. She will be pushing the big time when that serve improves, for sure. Marta needs to improve her speed and her net game. She has everything else. She could also work on her serve some more, but it is ok, it just will not get her to the top 25. I think Shahar will beat Bartoli. She should win that unless she has a really bad day. Then she could play Serena, most likely on ESPN and a lot of people will be able to see the talent she posses.

Shahar def. Bartoli 2-6 6-4 7-5 Great Job!
3rd. rd. vs. Serena- go Shahar!!!!!! Hopefully it will be shown on ESPN! I cant wait, then everyone can see the talent that Shahar has!

Shahar also has a new coach. I dont know why she changed from Lior Mor, but she is now working with a man that had an Evert tag on his bag. Maybe she is training there now.

Meteor Shower
Mar 26th, 2005, 03:40 PM
you will maybe see Shahar vs. Serena? you are so lucky :bounce:
no coverage here.. :sad:
Scream at the tv cheering her for me :)

Shahar changed from Lior Mor? weird the press didn't say anything, well I guess we will see..

Kutuzova
Mar 27th, 2005, 11:44 AM
and I forgot, Smashnova was watching Shahar

Meteor Shower
Mar 28th, 2005, 10:31 AM
Shahar lost 3-6 3-6. Very respectable score. Gave Serena some trouble :)
Everyone who watched that match was impressed with Shahar and said she has talent :) but I don't understand why they are saying she is not hitting hard, I know she isn't hitting just hard but she mixes is up, but she can also hit very hard when she wants too.

PointBlank
Mar 29th, 2005, 12:40 AM
I have the Shahar match taped and :hearts:

She is now ranked 112

Kutuzova
Mar 30th, 2005, 01:38 AM
Great tourney Shahar!

PointBlank
Mar 30th, 2005, 03:11 AM
The hand shake was un-called for though..

Kutuzova
Mar 31st, 2005, 12:45 AM
Yeah, I hate Serena, she needs to stop acting like she is the best because Shahar outplayed her at times. GO SHAHAR, nail Serena with a ball the next chance you get!

Kutuzova
Apr 3rd, 2005, 12:07 PM
Shahar is playing Amelia Island this week.
Her 1st round is against Sam Stosur and if she wins it will be Myskina in the 2nd.
Good Luck Shahar!

PointBlank
Apr 3rd, 2005, 04:57 PM
Good Luck :kiss:

Meteor Shower
Apr 4th, 2005, 09:00 PM
Shahar won! 6-1 6-3! great win, great stats.
Good luck vs. Myskina. Do your best girl :)

graf_fan_
Apr 18th, 2005, 02:06 AM
does anyone have a copy of the match shahar played against serena last month at nasdaq 100. I did not see this match but having now seen shahar play 3 matches live at FCC I would really love to see this match or any others.

shahar is awesome!

Meteor Shower
May 8th, 2005, 03:54 PM
does anyone have a copy of the match shahar played against serena last month at nasdaq 100. I did not see this match but having now seen shahar play 3 matches live at FCC I would really love to see this match or any others.

shahar is awesome!

I don't have also :( :sad:

Shahar gets a birthday present for her 18th birthday:
A Bye in the first round in the qualifying event of ECM Prague Open 2005
Shahar Seeded 1:
1st round d. Bye
2nd round d. K. Bodarenko 3-6 6-2 6-2 :) :D
3rd round vs. Meusburger, Yvonne

Good luck Shahar!

Shonami Slam
May 8th, 2005, 10:47 PM
i really like yvonne too - so whomever wins i'm glad, but i think shahar will take it - though meusburger can really bring out the best of herself on clay.

Kutuzova
May 9th, 2005, 12:01 AM
Happy Bday Shahar!

Keep up the good playing. Here is a tourney where you can go far in the maindraw!

Shonami Slam
May 9th, 2005, 12:25 AM
not if she meets dinara!

shirgan
May 9th, 2005, 08:39 AM
a pic from prague open

http://www.pragueopen.cz/2005/pix/peer.jpg

Shonami Slam
May 9th, 2005, 10:37 AM
i can't see the picture :(

shirgan
May 9th, 2005, 10:44 AM
i can't see the picture :(
it should be here:

http://www.pragueopen.cz/2005/pix/peer.jpg

Kutuzova
May 9th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Shahar qualified 6-3 6-1!

Meteor Shower
May 9th, 2005, 11:37 AM
thanks shirgan :)
Shahar :D
too bad your best friends lost.. what a weird loss for azarenka.. she played so well at fed cup

please post here pics from today if/when availiable as well :)

PointBlank
May 9th, 2005, 05:46 PM
Come on Shahar..when are we gonna change the outfit :p

Shonami Slam
May 9th, 2005, 05:48 PM
wonderful pic :)
was it posted who she plays against?

shirgan
May 9th, 2005, 07:02 PM
Come on Shahar..when are we gonna change the outfit :p
:lol: ;)

shirgan
May 9th, 2005, 07:03 PM
wonderful pic :)
was it posted who she plays against?
not yet
Shahar plays Klara Koukalova
the 2nd seed ...

Shonami Slam
May 9th, 2005, 10:51 PM
toast.
czech on home soil, here mainly to win the title in front of the crowd.
she has the game to beat top20 players on clay, i really doubt shahar has a chance here, taking in mind that she lost to the likes of vaidisova on clay.
unless she did alot of homework and klara has one of her depressed days - i don't think shahar stands a chance.

Meteor Shower
May 10th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Shahar lost 3-6 5-7
respectable score, but she should have done more.

I can't believe the scoreboard changed from 4-1 to 1-4.. I was sure she was gonna win at 4-1 :( :mad: :rolleyes:

Good luck in Istanbul Shahar!

graf_fan_
May 11th, 2005, 05:07 PM
I don't have also :( :sad:

I have it now! When I get a dvd burner i can make you a copy.

or maybe my friend can burn me some copies.

It is very entertaining match too!

Meteor Shower
May 13th, 2005, 06:02 PM
I have it now! When I get a dvd burner i can make you a copy.

or maybe my friend can burn me some copies.

It is very entertaining match too!

thanks! :) I would really appriciate it :D

I'm not sure shahar is playing in Istanbul.. :sad:
She is not at the turny's MD entry list: http://www.istanbulcup.com/Oyuncular.aspx?DilId=1

Meteor Shower
May 20th, 2005, 12:05 PM
After reaching the QF in istanbul :)
Shahar has enough time to rest and get ready for her first tough round at the RG

first round vs. Marion Bartoli :(

normal round 2 points + 30 quality points can be taken here.. can shahar do it?

Meteor Shower
May 27th, 2005, 07:22 PM
1st round d. Marion Bartoli 6-3 6-3 :eek: :D :) :woohoo:
2nd round d. Kveta Peshcke 6-1 1-6 6-4 :) ;)
3rd round vs. Petrova

great wins Shahar!!
So far she is up to sixty and something place :D hope you'll get into top 60 soon!! :) Good luck vs Nadia ;)

Shonami Slam
May 27th, 2005, 08:23 PM
darn.
didn't think she'll beat kveta.
she's really surprising me, i'm hoping to see her play soon to see what changed so much about her game since january.

Meteor Shower
May 27th, 2005, 08:37 PM
darn.
didn't think she'll beat kveta.

don't worry gil, I like kveta too and sure she will do better in next turnys.. Shahar needed the points more to progress into top 50-60 :bounce: :)

she's really surprising me, i'm hoping to see her play soon to see what changed so much about her game since january.

There is a good chance that I'll be going to see her if she will lose before the 2nd week of RG and play in Raanana :bounce: :D I can't wait!!

Shonami Slam
May 28th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Are you sure she's playing here?
if so i'll go see as well :D

shahar can seek consalation that petrova is my fave for the title :lol:
when i saw her draw i wanted to kill myself.
she just HAD to play evry player i like
bartoli
kveta
nadia
she might as well play anna in the first round and get it over with. silly draw :fiery:
she's in wimbledon directly of course, so it's on for her second main-draw appearance and we'll hope for a third round or more again, that should boost her into the top50.
in RG she recieved around 100 points, that means she improved her points by 25%, which is....WOW.

Meteor Shower
May 28th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Are you sure she's playing here?
if so i'll go see as well :D

shahar can seek consalation that petrova is my fave for the title :lol:
when i saw her draw i wanted to kill myself.
she just HAD to play evry player i like
bartoli
kveta
nadia
she might as well play anna in the first round and get it over with. silly draw :fiery:
she's in wimbledon directly of course, so it's on for her second main-draw appearance and we'll hope for a third round or more again, that should boost her into the top50.
in RG she recieved around 100 points, that means she improved her points by 25%, which is....WOW.

I'm pretty sure now that she lost she will play there :D

Man I could just kill half of the people in Israel.. did you see the replies on Ynet's article? "Looser" "feels above everyone else"
GOD SHUT THE FUCK UP, 2 days ago when she beat Kveta she was you fucking hero you fucking idiots :fiery: sorry :o little bit angry with them.

Anyway, not to be sad after her loss I thought about positives thing today:
1. As I say, she will play Raanana now :bounce: I'm quite sure :D
2. Only 1 DF! after the first two rounds thats great! keep it up! :D
3. Playing so poorly and still having so much chances in the match :)

thats it.. feel free to add something if you like :)

Shonami Slam
May 28th, 2005, 03:48 PM
I'm pretty sure now that she lost she will play there :D

Man I could just kill half of the people in Israel.. did you see the replies on Ynet's article? "Looser" "feels above everyone else"
GOD SHUT THE FUCK UP, 2 days ago when she beat Kveta she was you fucking hero you fucking idiots :fiery: sorry :o little bit angry with them.

Anyway, not to be sad after her loss I thought about positives thing today:
1. As I say, she will play Raanana now :bounce: I'm quite sure :D
2. Only 1 DF! after the first two rounds thats great! keep it up! :D
3. Playing so poorly and still having so much chances in the match :)

thats it.. feel free to add something if you like :)

my word, Ynet is full of crap
you have two kinds there:
1) the normal israeli asshole that loves you until you lose. they have sayings such as: "we love you! you bring us such pride!" and the very vommon "she has the game to reach number one within 2 years, i said it first!"
and when she loses these same fans "discrace! she should have won! such a typical israeli loser!" and "she will never be like the beautiful hot kournikova!"
2) the "knowledgable poster" that say things such as "sharapova is her age and much better" and sometimes even "hingis was way better than her, she has no chance".

i don't know who i dislike more, the everyday israeli loud-mouth, or the guys that read the articles in one.co.il and think they know understand evrything about tennis.

as for shahar and the benifits - she'll have some rest. she's been playing like crazy lately.
she'll also have sometime in israel, which is great for her to build up her mental health.
she REALLY surprised me with the whole claycourt season. i'm supposing anna helped her out in fed-cup training as well as dedi and her time at the chris evert camp. if she can bring that kind of preparation to the rest of her career, she really has a much bigger chance to win titles than i thougt.
also, she's going to get better contracts for raquets, clothing and other deals - that's always nice to be populer. she's really drawing alot of fans from the globe.
lastly, she can now enter any tourny (or at least qualification) with her ranking. she will also have seeding in some tierIII and most IVs to help her reach that first title easier.
enough with the QF appearances - i want more.
i'm glad she'll be in Ra'annana - i'll definatly go see her.

Meteor Shower
May 28th, 2005, 07:00 PM
my word, Ynet is full of crap
you have two kinds there:
1) the normal israeli asshole that loves you until you lose. they have sayings such as: "we love you! you bring us such pride!" and the very vommon "she has the game to reach number one within 2 years, i said it first!"
and when she loses these same fans "discrace! she should have won! such a typical israeli loser!" and "she will never be like the beautiful hot kournikova!"
2) the "knowledgable poster" that say things such as "sharapova is her age and much better" and sometimes even "hingis was way better than her, she has no chance".

you are so right :lol: :haha: :haha: :rolleyes:

Shahar withdrew from Raanana :mad: :( :sad: :fiery:
Why? she didn't play that much lately, and she'll have time to rest.. :sad:

Shonami Slam
May 28th, 2005, 07:20 PM
you are so right :lol: :haha: :haha: :rolleyes:

Shahar withdrew from Raanana :mad: :( :sad: :fiery:
Why? she didn't play that much lately, and she'll have time to rest.. :sad:

well, i think she's not in the DFS classic entrylist for qualification either, but maybe she recieved a WC or something and wanted to go train there since in Ra'annana she would have advanced till it was a bit tight for her to fly back to europe...
maybe the 75K event next week?
we'll see.

Shonami Slam
May 29th, 2005, 06:18 PM
another thing, shahar can take pride that she lost to the eventual champion.
this is going to be petrovas title, she's the only one hanging in strong.

JPhurst
Jun 2nd, 2005, 01:24 PM
Shahar is playing in doubles this week with Tzipi Obziler, but she's sitting the singles event out.

She's had a nice run, she deserves a little rest.

Shonami Slam
Jun 2nd, 2005, 01:29 PM
stupid petrova.
i hate justine.

shahar isn't resting from 25K tourny... a 25K tourny IS resting.
there is some rule regarding entrance to tournies that are played in the second week of a slam.
i think once the singles qualification start, anyone who is still playing in the grand slam may not enter the singles tourny, Q or MD.
the doubles is ok since it started later, i asume.

Meteor Shower
Jun 2nd, 2005, 05:37 PM
I'll see Shahar tomorrow at doubles with tzipi :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Sonja
Jun 3rd, 2005, 12:33 AM
Found some photos from Miami I thought you might enjoy...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v696/AmelieMauresmo/Peer3813.jpg

Sonja
Jun 3rd, 2005, 12:35 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v696/AmelieMauresmo/Peer3816.jpg

Sonja
Jun 3rd, 2005, 12:41 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v696/AmelieMauresmo/Peer3818.jpg

Sonja
Jun 3rd, 2005, 12:45 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v696/AmelieMauresmo/Peer3828.jpg

Meteor Shower
Jun 5th, 2005, 09:22 AM
thanks Sonja :)

Shahar little grunts are cute :)
it was the first time I heard her grunt. did she grunt before?

Shonami Slam
Jun 5th, 2005, 07:22 PM
A bit, more on the forehand side and serves.
but it sounds more like a breathing method to me than a grunt.
it's not a seles or a sharapova thing, to me it's more like lindsay's exhails.

Meteor Shower
Jun 10th, 2005, 07:45 PM
:yawn:
no shahar/anna/tzipi until wimby?

Shonami Slam
Jun 10th, 2005, 09:18 PM
smashnova in rosemalen, or however it's called.
her old tune-up in the netherlands.
she one it once as well :bounce:
as for shahar, i think she's playing one of the biggies, maybe birmingham?
i remember seeing her name SOMEWHERE but i don't remember where.

PointBlank
Jun 12th, 2005, 03:24 AM
No. Shahar is in Rosmalen also.

Meteor Shower
Jun 12th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Singles.

1st round vs. Safina
2nd round vs. Peschke/Kirilenko

Doubles with CHALDKOVA, Denisa .

1st round vs. Butkiewicz/Kilsdonk
2nd round vs. Don't remember :o

People in the forum saw Shahar practice yesterday and said she played (and looked of course ;) ) great! good sign :)
Denisa is a very talented player, but she is in a slump this year. time to get her out of the slump Shahar :D

PointBlank
Jun 12th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Martina practised a LOT today. Not only with Grönefeld, but also with Shahar Peer. Peer looked absolutely stunning! Very tanned, great figure and hitting well too. Very pleasantly surprised by her, after having seen her at Wimbledon juniors last year and she didn't look that well.

That was what Martijn said about her.

Anyways. Safina will be a test but if Shahar can pass her she should breeze through the next two rounds.

Doubles. What a weird choice for Shahar to partner with Denisa. :shrug:

I wish Anna/Shahar would partner at a tournament. :p

Meteor Shower
Jun 12th, 2005, 07:23 PM
I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if Shahar def. Safina and then loses to Kirilenko/Peshcke.
both are good players even not at their best and once in a several matches Shahar had a bad day so far this season...

about doubles with Chaldkova, I have a feeling they can take a set off the 1st seeds in second round (assuming they will pass the first)

PointBlank
Jun 12th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Here is more on Shahar, and some Anna.

Anna-Lena then moved to the court where Shahar Peer was looking as great as yesterday. She's a really pretty girl, but I seem to be alone in thinking that. Maria Kirilenko was practising on the court next to it, with Dinara Safina if I am not mistaken. Can't remember exactly.

Anna Smashnova practised with Virginia Ruano Pascual. She does not look very good and could go out early. She is way shorter than I had expected :o Vivi is really inconsistent: one moment she will be playing brilliant shots and the other moment her game is completely shattered. Anna later practised with her coach, whereas Vivi played with Maria Elena Camerin.

Meteor Shower
Jun 21st, 2005, 06:43 PM
Blah. Shahar lost then 2-6 1-6 :(

Anyway, Wimbledon!
She won in the first round vs. Tu 6-3 6-3.. no statistics :( :mad:
Next round vs. Hantuchova.. really all depends on Hantuchova - If she is on Shahar will lose, if she is off Shahar can win. Good luck :)

Meteor Shower
Jun 22nd, 2005, 05:26 PM
meanwhile in the doubles Shahar and Vera Douchevina df. Craybas/Weingartner 7-6(4) 7-6(9) :D .. seems like a tense match. I wonder how many SP they saved in each set.. hadn't followed the match.
The second round oppoments are still unknown.

Meteor Shower
Jun 23rd, 2005, 05:43 PM
I don't care Shahar lost. She had great forehand DTL! I am very happy! :D I was afraid at 18 she will stop improving aspects of her game but she keeps improving from match to match. I hope she will get more grass(court) exprience at the Mixed(Murray) and Doubles(Vera).. good luck!
Yes she could have won, but 3 setter is good as well.. I'm quite happy with the performance :)

Hantuchova d. Peer 6-2 2-6 6-3

Slovakia's Daniela Hantuchova beat Israel's Shahar Peer to reach the third round at Wimbledon for the second time in five attempts. The 22-year-old Hantuchova won 6-2, 2-6, 6-3 after giving her supporters on the packed court cause for concern in a wobbly second set.

But when she needed to, the No.20 seed showed flashes of the form that took her to the top five in the world a couple of years ago. She played several well structured points at the start of the match, with good length and placement on her groundstrokes. Clearly confident, she made life even more difficult for Peer by hitting winning dropshots from the baseline. Peer, making her Wimbledon debut, fought to save three set points but Hantuchova prevailed on the fourth.

Hantuchova won the first set so convincingly that she seemed to be on course for a quick win in her first match against 18-year-old Peer, who hails from a village between Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. Instead the Slovak lost her authority, and could not recover from a deficit of 0-4 in the second set.

Encouraged by her supporters, Peer was much more certain in her attack and was able to dominate the rallies. All this put Hantuchova on the back foot and there was little she could do as Peer went on to clinch the set with an ace, 6-2.

But when Hantuchova really needed to show who was in charge she asserted herself. She prepared carefully for each point, gaining composure by turning her back to the court for a few seconds before each point, serving or receiving. She held her own serves and broke to lead 3-0 in the third set. Peer, despite her earlier good work, was unable to challenge closely again.

Hantuchova faces Venus Williams in the third round.

Pictures here:
http://editorial.getty :rolleyes: images.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=ImagesSearchState%7c0%7c0%7c28%7c0 %7c0%7c0%7c1%7c%7c%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0 %7c2%7cPeer%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0&p=2&tag=1
:hearts:

it will be nice if someone will reply here but me :o :sad:

shirgan
Jun 24th, 2005, 05:31 AM
http://www.tennisfan.org/gallery/wdayfour/98.jpg

Meteor Shower
Jun 25th, 2005, 08:16 AM
thanks shirgan :)
Shahar won in the doubles. 6-2 6-7 8-6 :D seems like a fasinating match.

Today:
doubles 3rd round vs. Callens\Gagliardi
mixed vs. Arnold\Gagliardi
good luck!

what do you think will happened while Shahar will serve at the army? Will her game Improve, stay the same or go backward?
I think her game will improve. and alot :)

PointBlank
Jun 25th, 2005, 02:42 PM
I thought Shahar was exempt for the army on some special thing. But I am not sure. I read it in the paper here a few weeks ago. But I dont keep the papers so not sure exactly what it said.

Anyways. I am surprised Shahar/Vera are playing together. They have been doing great also. They start there match soon on Court 7.

Andy/Shahar seems a little weirder of a team but I hope they do well.

:).

Mitzi
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Shahar & Duchavina are in the QF in doubles :D

Last time I've heared, Shahar was going to join the army, as an active athlete meaning she will be able to compete as usuall

PointBlank
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:29 AM
Shahar & Duchavina are in the QF in doubles :D

Last time I've heared, Shahar was going to join the army, as an active athlete meaning she will be able to compete as usuall

Yea. Thats right.

Meteor Shower
Jun 26th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Kadima!! :bounce:

good luck in Mixed tomorrow Shahar.. although I don't like Murray.
If Shahar can get into doubles semi it will be awsome :D lots of grass experience

"Sluggy"
Jun 27th, 2005, 12:31 PM
Love you Shahar, i dont know what is going on in Wimbledon, but as always, i hope you win.

shirgan
Jun 28th, 2005, 06:38 AM
pic from the mixed doubles match:

http://images.scotsman.com/2005/06/28/tsmurray.jpg

shirgan
Jun 28th, 2005, 06:43 AM
and a report about Shahar and Murray:

http://sport.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=710342005

Wimbledon over but hype has just begun for Murray

ALAN PATTULLO
AT WIMBLEDON

ANDY Murray's rite of passage was declared officially over at shortly before 6.30pm last night, the Scot's mixed doubles match with his partner Shahar Peer the equivalent of a passing-out ceremony. He knew the work had been done in the single's event and it was a matter of simply turning up to achieve the acclaim which was unaffected by a straight-sets defeat against Lucas Arnold and Emmanuelle Gagliardi.

But now the story really does become exciting. The madness which enveloped Murray as he struggled from the courtside to the locker room after what had been a frankly dull doubles encounter in the shadow of Centre Court is an example of what awaits the teenager beyond the ivy padded walls of Wimbledon. A figure of £60million has been mentioned with regard to the Scot's earning potential in a career which has been kick-started over the past seven days.

He disappointed those who had predicted he was already a millionaire, stating that the contracts he is committed to were signed at the beginning of the year. "You can't change your contracts after six months," he said. "They are all quite long. Financially I can't really do anything else because I have both of my patches, my clothes and my rackets."

A week ago today he took his Wimbledon bow against George Bastl. Two victories and a five-set defeat to David Nalbandian has raised both his stock and profile to a degree that he and Peer became the first doubles pair to be asked to attend a press conference in the main media room after being knocked out in the opening round. Peer was asked one question and its theme was predictable: "What is like playing doubles with Andy then Shahar?"

She was too polite to say that it sucked, but that is probably how she felt. Murray's mind was clearly not on the tennis. A gaggle of girls were grouped in one corner, camera phones snatching images of a player whose image will be wallpapering more than a few perfume-scented teenage bedrooms. "That's been the best thing," he said, with a smile so wry it was difficult to believe it had stretched across the face of someone who has just turned 18. He was asked about the banner, first spotted on Thursday, which requested Murray's hand in marriage. "When I was signing autographs these girls said: 'Andy! Andy!' I looked up. They were like: 'Do you like the sign?' I was like, 'yeah'. They said: 'Well, what's your answer?' I told them I was too young."

Murray is waiting for an answer himself. Mark Petchey, his temporary coach, is still considering whether to take the post on a full-time basis. He has promised to reach a decision in the next two or three days and before Murray leaves for the ATP Tournament in Newport, Rhode Island.

"I'd understand if he didn't take it because he has a young family," said Murray. "He has commitments for Sky. If he stops doing the thing with Sky, if he stops his job with the LTA and then after three or four months of working with me he finds he doesn't enjoy it, then he doesn't have a job.

"It's a pretty big commitment for him and he's going to have to make a big decision. It would be difficult if he said no, but I am sure I'd find someone else."

Given his energy-sapping display on Centre Court on Saturday, one half expected Murray to arrive at No3 Court yesterday with an intravenous drip attached to his arm. Petchey has predicted it will take another two years for Murray to be fully fit, as he waits for his body to fully develop.

But he appeared, looking revived after a day spent on the go-karts on Sunday. And he took the applause of the crowd in a somewhat embarrassed manner.

His Israeli partner, the bronzed good-looking Peer, faded into the background, eclipsed by a Scottish teenager with growing pains and frizzy red hair for possibly the first time in her life.

Peer may also be thinking of ditching her superstar partner if he continues to expend all his energy doing silly things like reaching the third round of the men's singles.

Murray's timing seemed to have been lost in the two days since he stole the hearts of a nation. Poor Peer suffered for that but at least she was allowed to slip away unhassled at the end.

As for Murray, crowds swarmed around the Scot as he attempted to make his way back to the locker room, testing the pledge he made last week to sign every autograph request.

"I tried to do everyone's," Murray said, before darting away to see Coldplay in concert. "But I couldn't. I couldn't even move."

shirgan
Jun 28th, 2005, 06:48 AM
And from Haaretz:

Shahar Peer and British teen sensation Andrew Murray went out in the first round of the mixed doubles after losing 6-3, 6-4 to Lucas Arnold of Argentina and Emmanuelle Gagliardi of Switzerland.

Murray, who reached the third round of the men's singles to establish himself as the new hope of British tennis, said he had suffered from his inexperience in the mixed doubles. "I didn't play well today, Shahar played better," said Murray. "I'd never played mixed before, and I wasn't sure what to do. I was scared of hitting it to the girl."

Despite knowing each other since they were 12, Murray and Peer had never even played together. Peer, who got a kiss on each cheek from her partner after their defeat, e-mailed Murray during the French Open asking if he fancied teaming up for Wimbledon. The 18-year-old said yesterday: "I'm sorry if any young girls are jealous of me; if they want to swap places, they can always call me."

Peer still has a shot at glory. She plays in the quarterfinals of the women's doubles with Vera Douchevina of Russia against Martina Navratilova and Anna-Lena Groenefeld.

shirgan
Jun 28th, 2005, 06:57 AM
From the telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2005/06/28/stmott28.xml

"..In any event he was off to a Coldplay concert last night. Rather ungallantly to Shahar Peer, sitting beside him, he explained that he was going with a couple of friends and did not have any spare tickets. But maybe she had suffered enough from him for one day."

shirgan
Jun 28th, 2005, 07:07 AM
And the "independent" cynical about the ammount of touching going on between Murray and Peer during the match:

http://sport.independent.co.uk/tennis/story.jsp?story=650218

"..He played in the mixed doubles with Shahar Peer, and it was a touching experience. Very touching.

In this particular brand of the game, touching is not uncommon. A high five here, a pat on the arm there. But Murray is nothing if not committed, and he and Peer, both 18, exchanged possibly a greater number of touching moments than have ever been witnessed on Court No 3.

High fives, low fives, finger-brushing fives. Even more fives when they completed the walk of a few yards when changing ends. And as they sat on their bench at the breaks, they engaged in what appeared to be banter rather than tactical talk. It was easy to imagine that Peer might have been asking: "So what music do you like then?" And then, remembering she's already read some of the millions of words written about him, adding: "Black Eyed Peas, right? On your iPod?"
"

Meteor Shower
Jun 28th, 2005, 08:10 AM
:lol: at the last one

wow shirgan :worship: thanks for all the articles
was really fun to read :)

go Shahar in the doubles :bounce:

"Sluggy"
Jun 29th, 2005, 02:03 PM
sorry to hear you lost today Shahar, but keep up your head, you will get em next time.

FlushingMeadows
Jul 4th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Peer moved up from #289 to #133 in doubles after a great run at Wimbledon. I hope she and Vera stay together. This is a strong team.

Meteor Shower
Jul 6th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Shahar said they will play together in their next turnys,
Guess at slams and other turnys they will both attend :)

They are nice team indeed. Vera is a great double player! I'm very impressed with her

FlushingMeadows
Jul 7th, 2005, 01:56 AM
Shahar said they will play together in their next turnys,
Guess at slams and other turnys they will both attend :)

They are nice team indeed. Vera is a great double player! I'm very impressed with her
Thank you for the update. I am new here so maybe you can explain - why doesn't Shahar have her own forum on this message board?

PointBlank
Jul 7th, 2005, 06:39 PM
We need to change the name anyways. This thread is more about Yevgenia and Shahar then Anna now. :p.

What is Shahar playing this summer season? Hopefully Cincy. I will be at that one.

shirgan
Jul 7th, 2005, 07:15 PM
We need to change the name anyways. This thread is more about Yevgenia and Shahar then Anna now. :p.

What is Shahar playing this summer season? Hopefully Cincy. I will be at that one.
Yeah the name should be changed
also becasue the "pistolesi" part is no longer relevant

but it would be better to find a catchy name than to simply change it to "the Israeli girls thread" or something like that.

I have no Idea what that catchy name could be though .. :scratch:

Shonami Slam
Jul 7th, 2005, 10:33 PM
I'm really happy the savransky thread i started is recieving so much attention, she helped alot by reacheing career-highs, achieving career-bests and reaching new levels of play.
shahar too playing great tennis - it's a good era for us, even though it will end in two years time tops.

as for the forum name, we could play on the shahar=dawn thing.
Dawn of the Sabress. :lol:

FlushingMeadows
Jul 8th, 2005, 02:04 AM

I hope she will play as many tournaments as possible in the states. Shahar will get plenty of support from the US fans [like she did against Serena]. This should help her confidence and her game.

Meteor Shower
Jul 8th, 2005, 03:03 PM
I hope she will play as many tournaments as possible in the states. Shahar will get plenty of support from the US fans [like she did against Serena]. This should help her confidence and her game.

yep, you are right
she will play Cincy and other turnys at the U.S
hopefully you ppl will be there to support her and give us reports later ;)
I wonder how her serve will be there

FlushingMeadows
Jul 10th, 2005, 05:23 PM
yep, you are right
she will play Cincy and other turnys at the U.S
hopefully you ppl will be there to support her and give us reports later ;)
I wonder how her serve will be there

The New York fans will pull for her. I was there at the qualies last year and she had support even then. Aside from the cultural connection with many US Open fans, Shahar is the type of player New Yorkers will support. She fights hard and is emotional out there. This attititude has always been appealing to New Yorkers. That is why they adored Connors and McEnroe.

Makkabi
Jul 18th, 2005, 05:27 AM
Cool...
Hope Peer will get more ranking points for this week tournment...

Meteor Shower
Jul 19th, 2005, 07:31 AM
first round win d. Fedak 6-2 6-3 :) :D
next round vs. Ai/LLW (I like both :mad: )

good luck girl

Shonami Slam
Jul 19th, 2005, 08:56 AM
Ai.
LLW cool player :cool:
shahar should beat the tired and unfit sugiyama.

Makkabi
Jul 19th, 2005, 10:01 AM
Well done Peer... Goodluck Peer for second round ;)

FlushingMeadows
Jul 21st, 2005, 02:26 AM
Ai.
LLW cool player :cool:
shahar should beat the tired and unfit sugiyama.

Good call, Shonami. A good win for Shahar over Sugiyama.

PointBlank
Jul 21st, 2005, 04:08 AM
Whos next?

*hingis_forever*
Jul 21st, 2005, 04:18 AM
Go Shahar! :bounce: I've been a fan of hers ever since she tried to hit Serena at the net! :devil: Get in the top 20 Shahar! :bounce: :woohoo:

Andy.
Jul 21st, 2005, 04:19 AM
Hey guys i was just wondering if you all could tell me a bit about her game. I heard that she is a great defensive style player who gets back heaps of balls and really wins her matches that way in a real grinding out matches style.

shirgan
Jul 21st, 2005, 07:04 AM
Whos next?
Patty Schnyder :)

shirgan
Jul 21st, 2005, 07:05 AM
From the wtatour.com Wednesday report:

Waiting for Schnyder in the quarterfinals this week will be 66th-ranked Shahar Peer, who battled back from a set down to defeat No.6 seed Ai Sugiyama 57 76(6) 64. After Sugiyama captured a tight first set, the two players had to sit out a one-hour-and-23-minute rain delay at 2-all in the second, after which Sugiyama broke serve to take a 4-2 lead. However, Peer stayed toe-to-toe with her Japanese opponent, fighting back to take the set to a tie-break, which she eventually won. Both players had trouble holding onto their service games in the third set, but Peer broke the pattern in the 10th game, holding serve at 5-4 to close out the match after two hours and 19 minutes of play. The victory over the 32nd-ranked Sugiyama equals her previous career-best win, another close three-set triumph over Marion Bartoli in the second round at Miami earlier this year.

"I was playing good tennis today," said the 18-year-old Israeli, who has also reached quarterfinals this year at Auckland, Pattaya City and Istanbul, and last year at Seoul. "It was a few points here and a few points there. Ai is always a fighter. She was attacking all the time."

"She was trying to lose my rhythm by mixing it up a bit," said Sugiyama, who has not reached the quarterfinals in her last 16 events, her last appearance in a final eight coming last October at Linz. "I was trying to keep my rhythm going, but just couldn't.

"I didn't start the season good and I haven't been able to keep my rhythm going all year. My health is getting better, but I just need to get my game together."

Makkabi
Jul 21st, 2005, 08:45 AM
Do you guys think Peer will win on next round against Patty?

Meteor Shower
Jul 21st, 2005, 09:08 AM
Hey guys i was just wondering if you all could tell me a bit about her game. I heard that she is a great defensive style player who gets back heaps of balls and really wins her matches that way in a real grinding out matches style.

hey :)

depends who is her oppoments. against ai she was more defensive and consistent at the rally and when she got a short ball/ball for her backhand DTL she tried to go for it

but against fedak she was the one who attacked and went for shots.

she can do both quite well actually.
best shot backhand DTL
backhand&forehand crosscourt are good too
she's got the potential for good serve but sometime she just loses focus.

Do you guys think Peer will win on next round against Patty?

Who knows? good luck Shahar :)

:D :bounce: :woohoo:

Shonami Slam
Jul 21st, 2005, 10:08 AM
Good call, Shonami. A good win for Shahar over Sugiyama.

well, gt ready for another -
patty dimolishes shahar making peer's QF record 0-5.
enough of this nonsense. crappy myskina - lost. out of form serens - lost.
injured bartoli at french - won, out of form bartoli in miami - won.
out of form and tired sugiyama - won.

when she plays players that actually are in a mood for winning and CAN win - i don't think she can win.
vaidisova proved that very well.
it's a little unfair because i'm starting to dislike shahar because of israeli idiots that think every little thing she does is amazing.
i.e - anna beats pennetta - one of the best clay courters of the past year, ranked in top30 with multiple titles in the past 12 months - and evryone just says she wins in crappy tournies and that it doesn't count much.
shahar beats out of form sugiyama who's lost it and hasn't reached a QF all year now - and is praised by all.
this double standard is what i hate about israelis. i just don't get along with the hypeness here.

Meteor Shower
Jul 21st, 2005, 11:10 AM
patty dimolishes shahar making peer's QF record 0-5..

optimistic..

We'll see about Patty..
Myskina wasn't crappy at all.. she may not have played top5 tennis at the match but she played very well.
Bartoli was injured? says who?

when she plays players that actually are in a mood for winning and CAN win - i don't think she can win.

Kveta in amazing form, Marta D.
against Vaidisova Shahar had two MP which she could easily taken. She did lost its not like she was beaten easily and couldn't have won it. but we'll see when Shahar will get harder draws.

it's a little unfair because i'm starting to dislike shahar because of israeli idiots that think every little thing she does is amazing.
i.e - anna beats pennetta - one of the best clay courters of the past year, ranked in top30 with multiple titles in the past 12 months - and evryone just says she wins in crappy tournies and that it doesn't count much.

ignore them. and btw Penneta is in super crappy form as well. double standarts?

shahar beats out of form sugiyama who's lost it and hasn't reached a QF all year now - and is praised by all.
this double standard is what i hate about israelis. i just don't get along with the hypeness here.

I agree with this one, Ai is in bad form, but I'm super happy with the win mostly about the fight. She was 5-7 1-4 down I think. She lots setpoints with DF yet she didn't get down on herself and won the match.

But I agree, this win is not amazing (at all) overall.

now against Patty - Its tennis. everyone has a chance against everyone. especially on hardcourts which Shahar likes and Patty hates. and I say that as Patty is one of my big faves as well (Shahar meets all my faves lately). Of course Patty is the favourite, but with Patty you can't know sadly :o

shirgan
Jul 21st, 2005, 11:23 AM
A report about Shahar in the cincinnati enquirer:

"Israel's Peer on the move - Upset win is proof of teen's talent"

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050721/SPT/507210396/1062

shirgan
Jul 21st, 2005, 11:27 AM
patty dimolishes shahar making peer's QF record 0-5.

I think, as you can see from the report in the cininnati enquierer, the excitment is not only in Israel.
It probably has to do with the craving for young new players. The press wants it, the wta wants it and the fans want it.
So every success of a young player is celebrated and hyped.

Meteor Shower
Jul 21st, 2005, 01:14 PM
thanks for the article shirgan :wavey:

Makkabi
Jul 21st, 2005, 01:57 PM
Thanks shirgan :)

Goodluck Peer... Peer gotta to win the match against Patty!!!

shirgan
Jul 21st, 2005, 02:20 PM
thanks for the article shirgan :wavey:
:wavey:

alibaby
Jul 21st, 2005, 02:34 PM
i tell you guys,i am getting slowly really angry that there is not more coverage at all in my country!! :o especially as i would love to see shahar in action!!the more i read and hear about her,the more i want to see her!she must be a real big talent!but its the same with many players,who are ranked lower,and would deserve to be shown more often.most of the time,you always only see the big names on tv!!how is that in your country??tell me what you think...

shirgan
Jul 21st, 2005, 03:34 PM
i tell you guys,i am getting slowly really angry that there is not more coverage at all in my country!! :o especially as i would love to see shahar in action!!the more i read and hear about her,the more i want to see her!she must be a real big talent!but its the same with many players,who are ranked lower,and would deserve to be shown more often.most of the time,you always only see the big names on tv!!how is that in your country??tell me what you think...
In Israel there's hardly any coverage of Tennis.
if it weren't for Eurosport and ESPN there wouldn't be almost anything
in a couple of special ocations they showed a match of an Israeli playing
and they show the finals of the women's 25Ks in Israel.
But basicaly it isn't any different than what you described, most of the tennis matches are of the more known players.

alibaby
Jul 21st, 2005, 04:26 PM
In Israel there's hardly any coverage of Tennis.
if it weren't for Eurosport and ESPN there wouldn't be almost anything
in a couple of special ocations they showed a match of an Israeli playing
and they show the finals of the women's 25Ks in Israel.
But basicaly it isn't any different than what you described, most of the tennis matches are of the more known players.
its really weird,is nt it?.....but theres some truth in what your israelian "fellow"said:anna smashnova is now on the tour for a really long time,and i saw some great matches from her over the years,so a bit more respect for her efforts would be ok,but on the other side,as you said,the media is always searching for something young and fresh,at best a bit extravagant!but i think,this is not a special "israel" matter,its the same everywhere in the world.but anyway,i wish both girls a succesfull career,its a change in generations too.

Shonami Slam
Jul 21st, 2005, 10:17 PM
tennis is the last priority on WTA executive's minds.
money, ratings, popularity - those come first.
actually, i'm not sure if they even know who likhovtseva, farina-elia, schnyder or smashnova are. they aren't worth what vaidisova is.

Meteor Shower
Jul 21st, 2005, 10:29 PM
can you blame them? its their job to attract viewers and get money.

Shonami Slam
Jul 22nd, 2005, 01:37 PM
yes, i can.
they have enough already.
it's true - i haven't met the millionare than stopped at his 5th million, but still.
someday, Billie jean kings legacy will be forgotten, and all that will remain is robots playing each other opperated by SMS's and the winner will be determined by number of bets.

FlushingMeadows
Jul 22nd, 2005, 07:29 PM
It is not all that often that a player ranked in the 60's gets much attention. Shahar is moving up but there are many others too. Chakvetadze, Kirilenko, to name a couple. Even Ivanovic, a potential superstar, barely got mentioned in the press or on TV until the French. Shahar is going to have to slay a giant to get noticed by the non-diehards.

P.S. to Shonami- I am surprised to hear you complain about Shahar on account of the attitude of some Israeli fans. Shahar can't control them. It is not her fault. Plus, as you can see, many Shahar fans are not even from Israel.
P.P.S. to Shonami - Is there any chance of Savranksy trying to get into to the US Open Qualies? How about the Crotona Park tournament?

Shonami Slam
Jul 22nd, 2005, 11:11 PM
P.S. to Shonami- I am surprised to hear you complain about Shahar on account of the attitude of some Israeli fans. Shahar can't control them. It is not her fault. Plus, as you can see, many Shahar fans are not even from Israel.
P.P.S. to Shonami - Is there any chance of Savranksy trying to get into to the US Open Qualies? How about the Crotona Park tournament?

i was just taking about it with some of the board guys on MSN, the way i'm feeling double sided about the whole issue.
i like shahar and enjoy her game - i admit she brings out patriotic pride.
but i have to say that the hype around her in israel is getting to me - mostly because people here are cruel and repulsive, and use shahar as a jump-board to accuse smashnova of bad tennis, bad tournies and so on.
i always speak against shahar in much more bi-polar emotion than any other player. i hope i explained my problem as best as possible. i'm still childish when it comes to alot of things. hopefully, it will pass some day and i'll learn to just roll my eyes and go onwards.
as for your question - savransky was ranked 277 when main draw and qualification cut were made for this USopen. usually players ranked between 230-250 are in the risky zone of not bieng accepted, or - if you look at it in the bright side - the very last to get in.
it's not the aussie open were alot of girls are still not ready, injured or hate the damn heat. in a way, USopen is the best slam for low-ranked girls and so we will NOT see savransky in the USopen this year, i suppose not doubles either.
as for cortona park - we will have to see when it comes closer. at the moment she's taking two weeks off and then plays 50 K rimini qualification.
your'e very welcome to check her out and get the latest results in her thread :wavey:

Meteor Shower
Jul 24th, 2005, 12:56 PM
after def. ai

http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/cincinnati/f_03.jpg

:hearts: :) :)

Makkabi
Jul 24th, 2005, 03:33 PM
:)

shirgan
Jul 24th, 2005, 04:29 PM
great pic :)

FlushingMeadows
Jul 24th, 2005, 04:32 PM
i was just taking about it with some of the board guys on MSN, the way i'm feeling double sided about the whole issue.
i like shahar and enjoy her game - i admit she brings out patriotic pride.
but i have to say that the hype around her in israel is getting to me - mostly because people here are cruel and repulsive, and use shahar as a jump-board to accuse smashnova of bad tennis, bad tournies and so on.
i always speak against shahar in much more bi-polar emotion than any other player. i hope i explained my problem as best as possible. i'm still childish when it comes to alot of things. hopefully, it will pass some day and i'll learn to just roll my eyes and go onwards.
as for your question - savransky was ranked 277 when main draw and qualification cut were made for this USopen. usually players ranked between 230-250 are in the risky zone of not bieng accepted, or - if you look at it in the bright side - the very last to get in.
it's not the aussie open were alot of girls are still not ready, injured or hate the damn heat. in a way, USopen is the best slam for low-ranked girls and so we will NOT see savransky in the USopen this year, i suppose not doubles either.
as for cortona park - we will have to see when it comes closer. at the moment she's taking two weeks off and then plays 50 K rimini qualification.
your'e very welcome to check her out and get the latest results in her thread :wavey:

Thank you for being so candid, Shonami. It is too bad that some Israeli fans are using Shahar to bash anyone, especially Smashnova.
The bottom line is Shahar has been playing well. Nothing wrong with losing all of those quarterfinals at this stage. What is great is that she has made it to that level. She has shown she can beat players in the 30-50 range [Sugiyama, Bartoli, Peschke]. Now lets see if she can take it to the next level and knock off a top-20 player.

Shonami Slam
Jul 24th, 2005, 04:40 PM
Thank you for being so candid, Shonami. It is too bad that some Israeli fans are using Shahar to bash anyone, especially Smashnova.
The bottom line is Shahar has been playing well. Nothing wrong with losing all of those quarterfinals at this stage. What is great is that she has made it to that level. She has shown she can beat players in the 30-50 range [Sugiyama, Bartoli, Peschke]. Now lets see if she can take it to the next level and knock off a top-20 player.

yep, she IS playing well, and the US hardcourts are a great chance for some big wins, especiialy since it's her last of tournies before points sratr coming off and the year ends.
she also can make it to top50, but she'll need some bigger results than TierIII QF to make it there, hopefully not too long.

shirgan
Jul 24th, 2005, 04:41 PM
Shonami,
You explained your bi-polar emosions quite well. Still I think to write that you are hoping she will loose just to put a cork on the excitement about her, and then celebrate her loss saying "right on time" was a bit distasteful in my view.

FlushingMeadows
Jul 24th, 2005, 04:48 PM
yep, she IS playing well, and the US hardcourts are a great chance for some big wins, especiialy since it's her last of tournies before points sratr coming off and the year ends.
she also can make it to top50, but she'll need some bigger results than TierIII QF to make it there, hopefully not too long.

I agree. As I posted previously, I think the US is a good place for her to play. She plays well on the hardcourts and I think that the the fans will get behind her.
ASAP, was this the case at the Sugiyama match - did she get a good reaction from the crowd? Also, great shot of the post-match interview. Like any good competitor, Shahar loves to win and hates to lose. The photo really captures her joy after winning.

Meteor Shower
Jul 24th, 2005, 07:06 PM

well spoken :worship: (love your posts!)

ASAP, was this the case at the Sugiyama match - did she get a good reaction from the crowd?

I wasn't there but from the reports I heard the crowed liked both and the cheering kinda splited to half, because both are very loved at U.S (as they should be :hearts: )

Shonami Slam
Jul 24th, 2005, 11:41 PM
Shonami,
You explained your bi-polar emosions quite well. Still I think to write that you are hoping she will loose just to put a cork on the excitement about her, and then celebrate her loss saying "right on time" was a bit distasteful in my view.

patty comes before shahar :P it was an expected loss.

Meteor Shower
Jul 25th, 2005, 09:44 PM
Stanford Qualifying
1st round d. Cara Black 6-3 6-4
2nd round d. Varvara 6-2 6-7(4) 7-6(1)
3rd round d. Sania Mirza 6-2 7-6(9)

three matches in a row where her first set is better than the rest :eek:
Nice wins!

Good luck in the main draw (Qualifiers weren't placed yet FlushMed ;) )

FlushingMeadows
Jul 25th, 2005, 10:04 PM
Stanford Qualifying
1st round d. Cara Black 6-3 6-4
2nd round d. Varvara 6-2 6-7(4) 7-6(1)
3rd round d. Sania Mirza 6-2 7-6(9)

three matches in a row where her first set is better than the rest :eek:
Nice wins to prove some doubters wrong.

Good luck in the main draw!
Neither Black or Mirza is an easy opponent. So it was good to get in to the tournament at all. Who does Shahar play now? It looks like either Groenfeld, Hantuchova, Schiavone or Danilidou.

shirgan
Jul 26th, 2005, 06:44 AM
Neither Black or Mirza is an easy opponent. So it was good to get in to the tournament at all. Who does Shahar play now? It looks like either Groenfeld, Hantuchova, Schiavone or Danilidou.
Groenfeld
and if she wins, Davenport :)

Shonami Slam
Jul 26th, 2005, 10:50 AM
the win over mirza is second best in career after peshke.
especially that second set.
very well done.
groenfeld is a pecial player that excells on all surfaces and adapts her game, she can S&V, slug-rally and base-line on evrything - shahar will need to work very hard here.
i hope she still has the energy for it, cuz it would be her career best win IMO.

FlushingMeadows
Jul 26th, 2005, 02:03 PM
the win over mirza is second best in career after peshke.
especially that second set.
very well done.
groenfeld is a pecial player that excells on all surfaces and adapts her game, she can S&V, slug-rally and base-line on evrything - shahar will need to work very hard here.
i hope she still has the energy for it, cuz it would be her career best win IMO.
Yes, Groenfeld, who sometimes plays doubles with Navratilova, is a tough opponent who will be better rested than Shahar. It is too bad that Mirza, who lost to Shahar, but got in as a lucky loser, gets an easier draw than Shahar with Danilidou. Still, it is good for Shahar to get tested. Better competition will help her get better.

Meteor Shower
Jul 27th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Shahar lost 5-7 1-6 :eek: :sad:

I thought she will win it :( what was going on since 5-5?!

good luck in San Diego if she plays there!

Shonami Slam
Jul 27th, 2005, 10:49 AM
:(
well, i thought this would prove a bigger test, too bad she couldn't capitalize on 5 all, that would have changed the whole picture.
note to shahar - second loss that you didn't put on enoug of a struggle in second set. make those count!

btw - eleni is a GOOD player. she might not be fit or having shoulder problems this last year, but she was #15 in the world and really gave the top players a hard time.
she just needs to get things going for her again (beating JHH helped, btw).
hopefully she'll be here in the israeli tourny next year.

Makkabi
Jul 27th, 2005, 10:48 PM
^ Who's Eleni? is she also Israeli?

shirgan
Jul 28th, 2005, 04:44 AM
^ Who's Eleni? is she also Israeli?
I think he meant Eleni Danilidou from Greece who ended up playing against the lucky loser Mirza.

FlushingMeadows
Jul 28th, 2005, 05:19 PM
Shahar had a tough 2nd set against Groenfeld but she played 7 matches in about 8 days so she may have been tired.
Eleni Danilidou is from Greece. She was pretty strong a year ago but has been down lately [aside from the win against Justine]. I wonder if she will come to Israel to play next year. Personally, with all of the Russians in Israel, I am hoping to see some of the Russian players come up for the tournament.

Meteor Shower
Jul 31st, 2005, 05:28 PM
Shahar in San Diego :D

Likhotseva-Bye
Peer-Randriantefy
Benesova-Zuluaga
Chakvetadze-Golovin

Yalla Shahar! :)

Shonami Slam
Jul 31st, 2005, 05:40 PM
randrianteffy is one of the WTAtour heroes.
like ipek - she plays for a country with practically no tennis history before her, and she's a very nice player on the slow and steady climb.
should be tougher than expected IMO...

FlushingMeadows
Jul 31st, 2005, 06:21 PM
randrianteffy is one of the WTAtour heroes.
like ipek - she plays for a country with practically no tennis history before her, and she's a very nice player on the slow and steady climb.
should be tougher than expected IMO...
You are right. Randrianteffy is no easy mark. But Shahar should win this one.

"Sluggy"
Aug 1st, 2005, 09:03 AM
Best of luck Shahar. True dat, re Randriantefy, she is very nice player and not easy to beat.

Shonami Slam
Aug 1st, 2005, 09:46 AM
patty into likhovtseva.
that's better for shahar, but i still think the seed will win it.
likhovtseva is fit as a fiddle 24/7

FlushingMeadows
Aug 1st, 2005, 09:40 PM
Best of luck Shahar. True dat, re Randriantefy, she is very nice player and not easy to beat.
We all agreed that this would not be easy and it wasn't. But Shahar pulled it out after dropping the 1st set. Another quality win over a top-50 player.

Makkabi
Aug 1st, 2005, 10:55 PM
Shahar Peer (ISR) d. Dally Randriantefy (MAD) 26 63 64

:bounce:

Shonami Slam
Aug 1st, 2005, 11:27 PM
ok, next up - a loss.

mishar
Aug 2nd, 2005, 01:59 AM
Wow. there's a lot of negativity on this thread. :-) Considering that Shahar started this year barely in the top 200, she's made amazing progress. Who has made a similar shot up the rankings this year? Sesil, Mirza perhaps, but very few.

I think Shahar will take out Likhovtseva and I think she has an excellent shot at a QF/SF. Despite a weak field, that would be a great result.

Meteor Shower
Aug 2nd, 2005, 08:42 AM
I agree with mishar ( :wavey: ) . finally some optimism :)
she surprised us so many times, and she can do it again
she will have to play muchx1000 better than the first round to win though

Good luck :bounce:

shirgan
Aug 2nd, 2005, 08:55 AM
Good luck Shahar :yeah:

I'm not sure she's ready yet to win against a top 20 player like her
But she should at least take a set (I hope ;) )

"Sluggy"
Aug 2nd, 2005, 10:03 AM
Shahar Peer (ISR) d. Dally Randriantefy (MAD) 26 63 64

:bounce:

Excellent News :) Good Job Shahar, so nice to see you win this match :angel: ;)

Shonami Slam
Aug 2nd, 2005, 12:04 PM
I agree with mishar ( :wavey: ) . finally some optimism :)
she surprised us so many times, and she can do it again
she will have to play muchx1000 better than the first round to win though

Good luck :bounce:

should she play muchX1000 better, i accept she should win.
but that's a whole lot of times.
the problem with likhovtseva is that she's from a different brand than what shahar knows - she's extremelly fit, she controls all aspects of the game (net play, defensive counter punching and aggression play) and can stand very long matches under pressure.
I don't see shahar's fantastic backhand enough to conquer the uzbek, she simply has too much in her arsenal.
but a good fight should give shahar a set, sure - and she needs to fight for it.
any other score would seriously surprise me.

shirgan
Aug 2nd, 2005, 02:30 PM
the problem with likhovtseva is that she's from a different brand than what shahar knows - she's extremelly fit, she controls all aspects of the game (net play, defensive counter punching and aggression play) and can stand very long matches under pressure.
I don't see shahar's fantastic backhand enough to conquer the uzbek, she simply has too much in her arsenal.
but a good fight should give shahar a set, sure - and she needs to fight for it.
she was born in Kazakhstan not Uzbekistan by the way ;)

FlushingMeadows
Aug 3rd, 2005, 02:27 AM

I've said this before. Win or lose, it helps Shahar to play the top players. Even the losses are helping her. So I am looking forward to this next match. Shahar is going to learn something from this pro.

shirgan
Aug 3rd, 2005, 05:56 AM
In doubles Shahar lost but what a fight !!!
Domachowska/Kirilenko (POL/RUS) d. Asagoe/Peer (JPN/ISR) 46 76(18) 76(5) :eek:

According to Maariv the second set 20:18 score is the longest tie-breaker in women's doubles tennis history along with the 1984 Amelia Island match of Casals/Horvath (USA) b. Collins/Herr (USA) 57 61 76(18) :eek:

Makkabi
Aug 3rd, 2005, 08:03 AM
Cool...

Shonami Slam
Aug 3rd, 2005, 10:07 AM
I've said this before. Win or lose, it helps Shahar to play the top players. Even the losses are helping her. So I am looking forward to this next match. Shahar is going to learn something from this pro.

very true, i agree.
she needs the experience and the top-player match-practice.
the doubles match btw is a great feature for shahar - marta and maria are way better double players, and she probably really played excellent tennis.
she could be a good doubles player if she continues like this!
that's something we really never had in israel, and i really appriciate it.

Mitzi
Aug 3rd, 2005, 08:02 PM
In doubles Shahar lost but what a fight !!!
Domachowska/Kirilenko (POL/RUS) d. Asagoe/Peer (JPN/ISR) 46 76(18) 76(5) :eek:

According to Maariv the second set 20:18 score is the longest tie-breaker in women's doubles tennis history along with the 1984 Amelia Island match of Casals/Horvath (USA) b. Collins/Herr (USA) 57 61 76(18) :eek:

ONG :eek:

mishar
Aug 3rd, 2005, 09:43 PM
My prediction was based more on Likhovtseva than on Shahar. Elena has a lot of different talents, but she has no big shot, and she is more than likely to lose to the "hot" player on the rise. She's had a lot of bad losses.

Right now Shahar is up 4-0. Elena could def. still come back to win this, but I don't pin Shahar as a choker.

Anyone else thinks she looks facially (her smile) a little like Monica?

Meteor Shower
Aug 3rd, 2005, 11:23 PM
damn that serve
the serving in the two last sets was pathethic
probably 432343 dfs :rolleyes:

Makkabi
Aug 3rd, 2005, 11:52 PM
Shahar Peer lost in 2nd round @ Acura! :(

Shonami Slam
Aug 3rd, 2005, 11:58 PM
well, i'm on a roll.
ole miss fit ate a bagel and cam back strong, especially when nerves crept in and shahar lost her focus. i suspect it might have had something to do with nerves as well.
but nevermind. it's good top20 tennis match practice, and shahar did play some good tennis.
i hope she learned from it.

Meteor Shower
Aug 4th, 2005, 08:21 AM
I can't believe she didn't hold for two sets.
the match was in her hands

Shonami Slam
Aug 4th, 2005, 03:54 PM
I think shahar needs to play a lower Tier tourny again like she did in the beggining of the year.
she won't participate in one IMO untill her QF defense in seoul, I'm hoping she might finally get to a SF now that she'll be seeded there (what diference a year makes).
what's her next tournies leading the the USopen?

FlushingMeadows
Aug 4th, 2005, 07:51 PM
I can't believe she didn't hold for two sets.
the match was in her hands

Heartbreaking. But let's look at the bright side. A year ago she was in the 200's, just trying to qualify in to tournaments. Now, Shahar has shown she has the talent to play and beat some of the best. And I think that she has the heart to do it too. She just needs some more work on her service game and some more match experience. So I hope Shahar does not get too frustrated about yesterday's loss.

P.S. I wonder if Tuesday's marathon doubles match tired her out a bit.

JPhurst
Aug 5th, 2005, 03:42 PM
Shahar should absolutely play the toughest tournaments possible heading into the U.S. Open. She has shown that she belongs where she is, but has to prove that she can beat top 20 players.

Play in L.A., play in Toronto, play in New Haven. If she's tired and needs a rest, take a week off, but otherwise play against the best competition going into the last slam.

Afterwards, she can evaluate whether she wants to play in the tougher tournaments in Europe or maybe take a break and play on the less demanding Asian circuit. For now, she should challenge herself. There's absolutely no downside to doing so.

Shonami Slam
Aug 5th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Shahar should absolutely play the toughest tournaments possible heading into the U.S. Open. She has shown that she belongs where she is, but has to prove that she can beat top 20 players.

Play in L.A., play in Toronto, play in New Haven. If she's tired and needs a rest, take a week off, but otherwise play against the best competition going into the last slam.

Afterwards, she can evaluate whether she wants to play in the tougher tournaments in Europe or maybe take a break and play on the less demanding Asian circuit. For now, she should challenge herself. There's absolutely no downside to doing so.

well - there isn't many lower tiers she could play in from now on till the USopen.
she's no playing stockholm, forest hills is tiny tourny with a 16-draw and that's it, so she'll definatly keep playing the USseries tournies.
after that i suppose she'll head towards asia - she seems to like it there and has QF appearance in Seoul to defend (and hopefully upgrade).
generally speaking - I don't think she's up to the European indoor circuit yet.
it's the toughest time of year with top40 players struggling in qualification draws, top20 players meating in first rounds and 6-8 top10 players in each tourny.
let's hope she does well in the USopen - that should be the main focus.

"Sluggy"
Aug 8th, 2005, 08:27 AM
Here a photo of Shahar:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/FrogBurger/47007469.jpg

shirgan
Aug 8th, 2005, 09:46 AM
nice pic :)

Shonami Slam
Aug 8th, 2005, 11:07 AM
well, shahar surprised me and showed up to a lower Tier tourny.
we'll wait for the draw, but if she can string together two wins it's enough for a semi :lol:
an all Israeli final is an option BTW...

Meteor Shower
Aug 8th, 2005, 11:19 AM
I don't like it.
If it was a normal Tier IV turny, I would say great,
but it doesn't have a normal Tier IV points (does it have a points at all? maybe 75K ones)
and as a youngster Shahar should really look for the points right now rather for a fun warm-up turny for U.S Open

luckily, New haven quallys are her first priority turny so maybe she will decide to go there..

Why do I have a feeling it would be a Anna-Shahar match at first\second round if they both will play there?

Good luck anyway wherever she decides to go.
P.S she looks cute a the photo, thanks SP!

Makkabi
Aug 8th, 2005, 01:12 PM
Great pic!
Thanks SlugPiss... :)

Shonami Slam
Aug 9th, 2005, 12:46 AM
I don't like it.
If it was a normal Tier IV turny, I would say great,
but it doesn't have a normal Tier IV points (does it have a points at all? maybe 75K ones)
and as a youngster Shahar should really look for the points right now rather for a fun warm-up turny for U.S Open

luckily, New haven quallys are her first priority turny so maybe she will decide to go there..

Why do I have a feeling it would be a Anna-Shahar match at first\second round if they both will play there?

Good luck anyway wherever she decides to go.
P.S she looks cute a the photo, thanks SP!

well, it has normal TierIV points i think.
it is EXACTLY a TierIV but with no doubles or qualification.
someone calculated it exactly, and if TierIVs were deducted the double and qualification money, it would be far by a few dozens from Forest hills money given out.
and as for the prioraties - MD always comes before qualification, and as forest hills is ALWAYS main draw - she'll play it unless she get's direct entry somehow or WC.
and they have a big chance for first/second round match. out of 16 players, the statistic screams clash.
shahar should have fun, not gain points or cash. she'll have time for that later in her career.

416_Man
Aug 9th, 2005, 03:48 AM
Anyone know if Shahar will be coming to Toronto qualifying, to make up for Anna breaking my heart and going to Forest Hills :rolleyes: :sad:

Meteor Shower
Aug 11th, 2005, 09:12 AM
I read in an israeli newspaper that "Shahar is in doubt for Toronto".
I don't think she has any injury, so I guess she hasn't decided yet about going there.

hope you'll have a great time there 416 :wavey:

well, it has normal TierIV points i think.
it is EXACTLY a TierIV but with no doubles or qualification.
someone calculated it exactly, and if TierIVs were deducted the double and qualification money, it would be far by a few dozens from Forest hills money given out.
and as for the prioraties - MD always comes before qualification, and as forest hills is ALWAYS main draw - she'll play it unless she get's direct entry somehow or WC.
and they have a big chance for first/second round match. out of 16 players, the statistic screams clash.
shahar should have fun, not gain points or cash. she'll have time for that later in her career.

but it has 16 players.. so even if it is normal TierIV points.. its not normal TierIV 64 players draw points.. so basically the points are like a 75K.

I think she should have fun now too, but the real fun should be after she gets to the top20-30-40, right now she should focus on getting there

thanks for explaining about the priorities, didn't know that
but I guess she can withdraw from Forest Hills and then play at the first priority turny...

Tenisci
Aug 11th, 2005, 09:15 AM
shahar good luck to you :)

Shonami Slam
Aug 11th, 2005, 12:01 PM
first of all, as a level indicator - last year 13 of the 15 competitors (one withdrew and no alternates) were ranked top100, the other two bieng wildcards, one of them Flipkens)
of them top50 btw - 6. top seed was tourny winner likhovtseva, who was ranked 26 at the time.
this year 15 of the players are ranked top100 - lowest ranked is 81st.
all of this to show that it's worthwhile of shahar's time to go there - it's practically a second round of a good TierIV tourny - not all of them HAVE 15 top100ers.
as for the points given out - I sometimes make mistakes, but I hate bieng wrong - and so i checked:
last year forest hills points - TierV status and points.
1rd = 1 point
2rd/QF = 20 points
SF = 36 points
F = 56 points
Winner = 80

75K+hospitality points, 16 player tourny.
1rd = 1 point
2nd/QF = 16
SF = 29
F = 46
Winner = 65

so anyway you look at it - it's more than a 75K + hospitality tourny, even though the prize money is about 75K. It's a TierV singles tourny in worst case, and i think this year the players will recieve TierIV points.
shahar cannot withdraw without a fine, and i think she cannot recieve maindraw entrance to toronto as the deadline is past, qualification draw will be out in the next few days as well, so she can only apply for a WC to the qualification.
not worth it.
:p

shirgan
Aug 11th, 2005, 12:02 PM
ASAP,
last year when the total prize money was 66,000$ and it was considered a tier V
the points received where like tier V points.
So there's no reason the points this time won't be like tier IV points.
The reason the prize money is lower than usual is that there is no need to pay to doubles or qualifying players. So the same level of tier can be kept with a lower total prize money

shirgan
Aug 11th, 2005, 12:06 PM
first of all, as a level indicator - last year 13 of the 15 competitors (one withdrew and no alternates) were ranked top100, the other two bieng wildcards, one of them Flipkens)
of them top50 btw - 6. top seed was tourny winner likhovtseva, who was ranked 26 at the time.
this year 15 of the players are ranked top100 - lowest ranked is 81st.
all of this to show that it's worthwhile of shahar's time to go there - it's practically a second round of a good TierIV tourny - not all of them HAVE 15 top100ers.
as for the points given out - I sometimes make mistakes, but I hate bieng wrong - and so i checked:
last year forest hills points - TierV status and points.
1rd = 1 point
2rd/QF = 20 points
SF = 36 points
F = 56 points
Winner = 80

75K+hospitality points, 16 player tourny.
1rd = 1 point
2nd/QF = 16
SF = 29
F = 46
Winner = 65

so anyway you look at it - it's more than a 75K + hospitality tourny, even though the prize money is about 75K. It's a TierV singles tourny in worst case, and i think this year the players will recieve TierIV points.
shahar cannot withdraw without a fine, and i think she cannot recieve maindraw entrance to toronto as the deadline is past, qualification draw will be out in the next few days as well, so she can only apply for a WC to the qualification.
not worth it.
:p
it's not only higher points than 75K+H
it had exactly tier V points as it should
see my explanation in previous post

Shonami Slam
Aug 11th, 2005, 05:51 PM
it's not only higher points than 75K+H
it had exactly tier V points as it should
see my explanation in previous post

well, I asked the question in Forest Hills tourny thread and recieved a full explanation, including figures and facts - so I knew.
I tried to explain it as well.
look at my points and you'll se i stated the qualification/doubles not payed bit as well ;)
I actually find this tourny nice and i'm growing very fond of it - i think it's a good chance for shahar to win easy points.

Meteor Shower
Aug 13th, 2005, 07:37 PM

Shahar resting for another week,
guess she knows she's gotta rest for lots of matches in the next few weeks :bounce: :bounce:

would be cool if she can finally pass that damn QF in forest hills :D

Makkabi
Aug 14th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Nut her ranking will drop if she dont playing for few weeks?

Makkabi
Aug 14th, 2005, 03:56 PM
^But - not nut, i mean But lol

Meteor Shower
Aug 14th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Shahar didn't play last year at August until Aug 29 where she got 1 point to defend, there won't be any points coming off in the upcoming month and a half :D

and she is playing in the next week and the week after (Forest hills and U.S Open),
she just took two weeks off..

Makkabi
Aug 15th, 2005, 06:17 AM
goodluck Peer then :)

FlushingMeadows
Aug 15th, 2005, 09:25 PM
I think that a little rest is a good idea for Shahar at this point.

Makkabi
Aug 16th, 2005, 07:37 AM
^ Yeah...

JPhurst
Aug 16th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Shahar does not have too many points to defend for the rest of the year.

Aug 04 New Haven 1
Sep 04 US Open 16.5
Oct 04 Seoul 41.5, Japan Open 9.25, Tashkent 1
Nov 04 None
Dec 04 Raanana 28, Bergamo 6

Even if she just sat out the rest of the year, she would only drop about 10-15 spots in the rankings. It is almost all upside for Shahar until the end of the year.

Shonami Slam
Aug 16th, 2005, 10:27 PM
climbing is the tricky part at the moment.
from wtatour.com :
2004 - On Tour, reached QF at Seoul as world No.238 qualifier (d. No.69 Srebotnik en route, l. to No.128 Spears - afterwards on October 4, made Top 200 debut at No.190),

at the time it was enough to jump a whole lot. now, 41.5 points are enough to take her 3 ranks up. so unless she provides some bogger goods, she'll finish the year off just out of top50 i think. none the less it's good.

FlushingMeadows
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:32 AM
Let's not get greedy here. A year ago I watched Shahar struggle at the US Open Qualies. She was in the 240's at the time. Now we are worrying if she will finish the year in the Top-50. That's progress.

Meteor Shower
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:56 PM
Thats huge progress, but Shahar setted new standarts and she really should enter top50 soon (in the U.S Open would be nice).
Its not big deal if she won't, but she has only like 100 points only to defend (as JPhurst :wavey: said ) until the rest of the year, she can easily get more points then that :) so why shouldn't she? ;)
don't forget that the players above her got lots of points to defend as well.

FlushingMeadows
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:57 PM
Thats huge progress, but Shahar setted new standarts and she really should enter top50 soon (in the U.S Open would be nice).
Its not big deal if she won't, but she has only like 100 points only to defend (as JPhurst :wavey: said ) until the rest of the year, she can easily get more points then that :) so why shouldn't she? ;)
don't forget that the players above her got lots of points to defend as well.
Yes, I am hoping for a big upset at the Open. Shahar has been close a couple of times this season and this will be a great stage for her. She should be well rested and the fans will support her. Let's just hope she gets a decent draw.

416_Man
Aug 19th, 2005, 02:17 AM
Shahar was in Toronto hitting with people because she was too injured to play competitive. I was slightly unimpressed, likely do to the rustiness but she was playing with ANYONE and practising very much (3 times today). At one point her coach got a special coach who was changing her backhand and serve to allow for more spin.

Shonami Slam
Aug 19th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Yes, I am hoping for a big upset at the Open. Shahar has been close a couple of times this season and this will be a great stage for her. She should be well rested and the fans will support her. Let's just hope she gets a decent draw.

and i'm hoping she doesn't meet any seed till the fourth round.
as for the rested part - she's playing next week (unless she withdrew) in foresthills. just 4 potential matches, but still.
God bless her.

Meteor Shower
Aug 19th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Shahar is injured? :scared: :sad:

and why change the backhand?! its great! and add more spin to the serve? weird decisions...
well, I hope that all the practicing will get her back to good form for Forest Hills :)

good luck Shahar :D

P.S Gil, she must meet a seed until the 3rd round if she is unseeded

Makkabi
Aug 19th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Goodluck Shahar!!!

Shonami Slam
Aug 19th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Shahar is injured? :scared: :sad:

and why change the backhand?! its great! and add more spin to the serve? weird decisions...
well, I hope that all the practicing will get her back to good form for Forest Hills :)

good luck Shahar :D

P.S Gil, she must meet a seed until the 3rd round if she is unseeded

evryon is injured. it's so cool you know, with ana, maria and serena out. cool players are out. yeah. :rolleyes:
i think she's learning some more topclass moves and play, how to varry her play and sometimes switch tactics.
like she did in the chris evert academy that really showed off in her clay performance this year.
p.s the seeds in her bracket can lose ;)

Meteor Shower
Aug 21st, 2005, 10:38 AM
Pictures from Albireo's Report (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=185917)

C'monnnnnnnnn
http://images5.theimagehosting.com/WedSP18.jpg

great pic. Looks like a commercial for ThermaCare
http://images5.theimagehosting.com/WedSP17.jpg

http://images5.theimagehosting.com/WedSP16.jpg

:unsure: but cute smile :)
http://images5.theimagehosting.com/WedSP15.jpg

bad serving day
http://images5.theimagehosting.com/FriSP1.jpg

Makkabi
Aug 22nd, 2005, 05:56 AM
Great pics... thanks :)