PDA

View Full Version : Is love supposed to hurt?

Shuji Shuriken
Dec 30th, 2004, 02:01 PM
I've been seeing a guy for the past 5 months and things have been going great. I'm really in love with this person. But recently some of my friends have been telling me that he's been flirting and making moves on one of my other friends and that they've been seen pretty close. They hardly know each other. When I ask him about it, he says it's my friend who has been making moves on him and he's trying to rebuff him. My friend says he's the one making moves and making advances. Now I caught in the middle, torn between one of my closest friends and this guy I thought was so great and everything.

It's fucking me up. My tennis has gone downhill, cause we all play for the same club. I can't concentrate in my matches or concentrate on anything. Then the fucker brings up stuff like if I trust him I would never listen to what my friends say, or I'm too insecure and shit like that. But I think it's stupid to hear about stuff and just dismiss it. I just need to know. I can barely sleep for more than three hours every night for the past week. I had the most miserable Christmas in the history of Christmas. What are your thoughts?

Mcawen
Dec 30th, 2004, 03:38 PM
I love my wife so much,but sometimes I am hurt deeply when she is with the other guy,standing closely and talking hottly.
That's all.

Cam'ron Giles
Dec 30th, 2004, 03:58 PM
I've been seeing a guy for the past 5 months and things have been going great. I'm really in love with this person. But recently some of my friends have been telling me that he's been flirting and making moves on one of my other friends and that they've been seen pretty close. They hardly know each other. When I ask him about it, he says it's my friend who has been making moves on him and he's trying to rebuff him. My friend says he's the one making moves and making advances. Now I caught in the middle, torn between one of my closest friends and this guy I thought was so great and everything.

It's fucking me up. My tennis has gone downhill, cause we all play for the same club. I can't concentrate in my matches or concentrate on anything. Then the fucker brings up stuff like if I trust him I would never listen to what my friends say, or I'm too insecure and shit like that. But I think it's stupid to hear about stuff and just dismiss it. I just need to know. I can barely sleep for more than three hours every night for the past week. I had the most miserable Christmas in the history of Christmas. What are your thoughts?
aint it a bitch...Thats the way love is...I had to develop a thick skin and hard heart because that love shit can kick you in the ass...It's a tough situation that you are in. On the one hand, you cant really do much because you have no evidence. But on the other hand you have to protect yourself. You are in love with the dude so you have to have the evidence of his inapropriate behavior before you kick him or your friend to the curb. You have some investigating to do. If any of it is true...You have to get rid of both of them and pronto.

mandy7
Dec 30th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Is love supposed to hurt?
no

greenfunkTHREE.
Dec 30th, 2004, 06:47 PM
actually. it could be debated on. sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt. for me most of the time. if this guy really loves you, he wouldnt be acting like that. anyway get some sleep! chill ok?? :D

*abby*
Dec 30th, 2004, 08:19 PM
its not supposed to but it does :sad:

Sally Struthers
Dec 30th, 2004, 08:21 PM
Hon, it's time to hire a detective to follow him around. If you can't afford that you can stalk him yourself and find out what he's really up to. Where there's smoke there's fire.

moon
Dec 31st, 2004, 02:05 AM

Well in answer to your question, yes, Love can hurt.
with your situation however, your BF sounds kinda sketchy to me. Anybody who says "If you trust me you would never listen to what your friends say" is suspect. You should always listen to your friends opinions. (unless they're a bunch of catty b*tches) .

sixfeetfree
Dec 31st, 2004, 05:21 AM
lmao @ Sally... damn woman, you go!

Shuji,

In all reality, love does hurt sometimes, but it's a good hurt, or maybe ache is a better word. But what you are describing is something different, which has nothing to do with love. It has to do with trust and communication... enough said. I wouldn't suggest following him, but then again I'm not as brave as Sally is. I would suggest asking your friends to help put you in a position where you can witness it yourself. Sorry Shuji, tough situation you have but you'll get through it, we always do. The best thing to do is to stay focused on your game and maybe the physical aspect of it will relieve at least *some* of the stress you have. I hope it all works out for you.

I would, however, keep in mind that you had these friends before you had this boyfriend... so I wouldn't start pointing fingers at them just yet. I have to admit, being a healthy heterosexual male, and once being your boyfriends age, monogamy wasn't at the top of my list of priorities, sorry.

Volcana
Dec 31st, 2004, 05:54 AM
Now I caught in the middle, torn between one of my closest friends and this guy I thought was so great and everything.

What are your thoughts?How close a friend IS this friend? You're balancing the word of 'one of your closest friends' against the word of someone you've known for five months.

One thing is for sure. If the feelings between you were mutual, this problem would never have come up. And any guy who tried crap like "if I trust him I would never listen to what my friends say, or I'm too insecure" is playing you. Falling in love can be the most IN-secure thing in the world, along the way to mutuality. I'm not saying drop him, but he sure isn't treating your feelings gently.

jbone_0307
Dec 31st, 2004, 07:39 AM
Call Joey Greco from Cheaters and they will get a Private Investigator on your case right away :lol: :haha:

Bacardi
Dec 31st, 2004, 08:19 AM
It hurts at first, esp if it's not meant to be, even if you swear in your heart you think that person is the one. Then after a while, you get tired of it, and just stay pissed off and mumble shit like "I wish I could kill you, why don't you jump off a cliff, go fuck yourself" etc.... while they are around because you know you are wasting your precious time.