Dec 29th, 2004, 04:30 AM
south-east asia earthquake?

selking
Dec 29th, 2004, 04:51 AM
selking- the boy has lost both his parents...:sad:
thats sad

selking
Dec 29th, 2004, 04:52 AM
I dont know why i cant see this picture. Can someone send me a link?

Rohin.
Dec 29th, 2004, 04:59 AM
:sad::sobbing:

This totaly sucks..

Nicky2002
Dec 29th, 2004, 05:35 AM
:sad: :sad:

Vincent
Dec 29th, 2004, 09:41 AM
:(:(:(:sad::sad::sad:

May God please give him back what he needs.

Chunchun
Dec 29th, 2004, 09:45 AM
:hug: the ppl here :)

Mariangelina
Dec 29th, 2004, 11:46 AM
:sad: He's in my prayers... Why do innocent little kids have to suffer like this?

korben
Dec 29th, 2004, 11:53 AM
There are just was too many kids that are missing :sad:

http://paavokadonnut.blogspot.com/

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,581524,00.html

Hagar
Dec 29th, 2004, 12:18 PM
Whether it's a surviving child not finding back his parents, or parents not finding their children anymore, each time it's utterly heartbreaking.

The Belgian parents of a 10 month year old baby boy survived but are desperately looking for the body of their child so that they can bury it. This breaks my heart. Losing your child in this tragedy is one thing, but not being able to bury it is just too much grief for a human being. :sad: :sad: :sad:

galadriel
Dec 29th, 2004, 12:19 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad:

hythger
Dec 29th, 2004, 02:32 PM
:sad: :sad:

greenfunkTHREE.
Dec 29th, 2004, 05:21 PM
this tsunami is really tragic. :sad:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Dec 29th, 2004, 06:06 PM
:bigcry:

grmbl
Dec 29th, 2004, 09:11 PM
PHUKET, Thailand – When the raging ocean waters subsided, 7-year-old Karl Nilsson from Sweden thought he had been transported to another city. He was still in the same place, but his parents and two brothers, with him moments before, had vanished.

Now Karl is being cared for in Phuket by a Swedish family and hoping his own is not among the more than 1,500 people killed when a tsunami overwhelmed this tropical paradise Sunday, pushed by an undersea earthquake hundreds of miles away in the Indian Ocean.

Exact figures are not yet available, but anecdotal evidence suggests many vacationing foreign families who came for a holiday getaway on Thailand's famed beaches have been sundered forever.

Dr. Marie Gulbstrand from Stockholm, Sweden, said her family found Karl at a shelter. He told her he was in a hotel room with his two brothers early Sunday while his parents, Thomas and Asa, were outdoors.

Suddenly a torrent of water surged into the room.

"He told me: 'I was under the water but somehow I could breathe. I was just closing my eyes and moving with the waves. Then, suddenly the flood ended and I was in another city,'" Gulbstrand said.

Unable to find his family, Karl wandered alone until he was helped by some Thai people. A Swedish couple took him to a Buddhist temple, one of many on the island serving as temporary shelters.

(............)

www.signonsandiego.com

babolat#1
Dec 29th, 2004, 09:17 PM
I hope he will find his family... :sad:

SzavayFi
Dec 30th, 2004, 02:22 AM
Aww thats horrible, I dont know what i would do without my parents! I will pray for him:D

Princess Sarah.
Dec 30th, 2004, 03:04 AM
OMG this is terrible:sad: this whole situation makes me want to cry

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Dec 30th, 2004, 03:44 AM
This is so horrible I wish I could do something!!!

selking
Dec 30th, 2004, 03:57 AM
why are there so many sweedes in thiland?

Hachiko
Dec 30th, 2004, 04:55 AM
http://smileys.******************/cat/36/36_1_44.gif

Mattographer
Dec 30th, 2004, 05:16 AM
why are there so many sweedes in thiland?
Thinking about the weather in Sweden and you will know why they want vacation in Thailand.

selking
Dec 30th, 2004, 05:23 AM
Thinking about the weather in Sweden and you will know why they want vacation in Thailand.
But theres so many of them.

jbone_0307
Dec 30th, 2004, 05:24 AM
I was watching 360 on CNN and he was talking to a mother via telephone and she was missing her daughter named Anna. She had reunited with her husband and son.

greenfunkTHREE.
Dec 30th, 2004, 08:00 AM
:sad:

CooCooCachoo
Dec 30th, 2004, 08:19 AM
:tears: It's horrible :(

grmbl
Dec 30th, 2004, 05:09 PM
I was watching 360 on CNN and he was talking to a mother via telephone and she was missing her daughter named Anna. She had reunited with her husband and son.
I saw that too.. Heartbreaking.. :sad:

CooCooCachoo
Dec 30th, 2004, 05:22 PM
What annoys me is that we mostly get information about westerners that are missing here.. Not just Dutch people, but also Belgians, Swedes, Germans.. The local people are suffering just as much or maybe even more, since they also lose their homes..

Wojtek
Jan 1st, 2005, 07:38 PM
PHUKET, Thailand (AP) - When the raging waters subsided, seven year-old Karl Nilsson from Sweden thought he'd been transported to another city. He was still in the same place, but his parents and two brothers, with him moments before, had vanished.

Now Karl is being cared for in Phuket by another Swedish family, and hoping that his own is not among the more than 1,500 people killed when tidal waves lashed this once tropical paradise Sunday, pushed by an undersea earthquake hundreds of kilometres away.

Exact figures are not yet available, but anecdotal evidence suggests that many vacationing foreign families who come to Thailand's famed beaches by the hundreds of thousands during cold northern winters have been sundered forever.

Dr Marie Gulbstrand from Stockholm said her family found Karl at a shelter. He told her he was in a hotel room with his two brothers when the tsunami hit Sunday. His parents, Thomas and Asa, were outdoors.

Suddenly a torrent of water surged into the room.
"He told me, 'I was under the water but somehow I could breathe. I was just closing my eyes and moving with the waves. Then, suddenly the flood ended and I was in another city'," Gulbstrand said.

With his family apparently missing, Karl wandered alone until he was helped by some Thai people. A Swedish couple took him to a Buddhist temple, one of many on the island serving as temporary shelters.

"The initial response has been focused on search-and-rescue operations and now, obviously, we need to extend beyond that and look at the needs of those who have survived," said Shantha Bloemen, a communication officer for the UN children's agency in Bangkok.

"This issue of children being left orphaned, or even just basically misplaced ... is going to be huge, because they obviously have no form of identification."

Confronted with that problem, staff at Phuket International Hospital posted a picture of a blond-haired, two year-old boy on the Internet. He had been found on the side of a road after the resort of Khao Lak was torn apart, his face reddened by mosquito bites.

All hospital staff could determine was that the boy appeared to respond to Swedish. But the posting drew dozens of foreign parents to the hospital, not all of them Swedes, but desperately hoping to find their missing children alive.

Hannes Bergstroem, of Goteborg, Sweden, turned out to be one of the lucky ones: his uncle, whom hospital staff would identify only as Jim, arrived yesterday afternoon and collected the boy after seeing the picture on the Internet.
"This is a miracle, the biggest thing that could happen," Jim said.

Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet reported the boy's mother and grandmother were missing, but later media reports said he had been reunited with his grandmother. His father and grandfather were believed to be in another hospital in Thailand, but their exact location and condition were not immediately known.

Bloemen said the United Nations was planning to send a team to the south today to determine the survivors' needs.

"The tragedy is going to be twofold," she said. "There's going to be foreign nationals that are in this situation because a lot of people were family on family holidays, and then of course, for the Thai communities in these areas as well."

Rose Ehret, a Singaporean helping French victims who arrived in Bangkok from the south, said she was caring for children who had lost parents and parents who had lost children - and she needed counsellors to help them all cope.

The Bergman brothers, three year-old Nils and 18-month-old Hannes, survived the disaster in Khao Lak and made it to neighbouring Phuket with their father, Carl Michael. But their mother, Cecilia, remained missing.

Hannes was found unconscious by a tourist near a swimming pool in Khao Lak, and taken by a Thai princess - Carl Michael wasn't told which one - on a helicopter to a local hospital.

The broken family was spending time in the Phuket Island Pavilion hotel with other Swedes last night, handing out flyers with pictures of Cecilia. Bergman said Nils often asks if they're going to find their mother and Hannes cries out, "Mama, mama," when he sees televised images of the waves blasting down on the resorts.

foreva lindsay
Jan 1st, 2005, 10:18 PM

its so sad :sobbing: