PDA

View Full Version : What Kind of Music Do You Love and Why? Name Some of Your Favorite Songs

Denise4925
Dec 28th, 2004, 08:16 PM
I'll start:

I love Rhythm & Blues: I couldn't possibly name all my favorites, there are so many, but I guess my all-time favorite wasn't even meant to be R&B until Whitney Houston sung it and it's I Will Always Love You. I love R&B because it's what I grew up with, it's beautiful, soulful, melodic with so much musical expression and feeling and it's easy to dance to ;) .

I love Disco: Of course my favorites are anything by Donna Summer and the Bee Gees. I love it because I was a teenager in the 70's and it was the most popular music, other than the following that I listened to.

I love Funk: My favorites are anything by the Parliment Funkadelics, Bootsy Collins and Rick James. Again, I love it because it was the most popular music of my generation in my culture, just like Rap is now for the teenagers. Although Rap has crossed over. I'm not sure Funk ever did. But, it's classic. ;)

babolat#1
Dec 28th, 2004, 08:23 PM
I don,t have a kind of music that I like more than an other but I like American Idiot from Green Day, Welcome to my life by Simple Plan and Maroon 5 songs

shirley
Dec 28th, 2004, 08:25 PM
I like rock/indie music the most

flyingmachine
Dec 28th, 2004, 09:58 PM
I like rock/indie music the most
Me too.

jimbo mack
Dec 28th, 2004, 10:36 PM
i like pop!
give me steps, spice girls, girls aloud and sophie ellis-bextor anyday!!!

i like r 'n' b also- kelis's 'trick me'- GREAT song! and jamelia, gabrielle and of course the queen WHITNEY!!

cant stand ronan keaton, darius danesh and t11

geegables
Dec 28th, 2004, 10:40 PM
rock.punk.emo.indie

favourite songs:
jeff buckley - hallelujah
green day - when i come around
the killers - mr.brightside
blink 182 - dammit
rooney - if it were up to me
yellowcard - only one
switchfoot - dare you to move
nada surf - if you leave

:)

Jericho
Dec 28th, 2004, 11:46 PM
I used to be hardcore emo, but i've evolved into r&b...yeah pretty drastic

Cuckoo
Dec 29th, 2004, 02:09 AM
Bought up and learnt to appreciate all genres of music, I love listening to alot of old Diva's such as Dusty Springfield, Cilla Black, Dionne Warwick, Ella Fitzgerald, Aretha Franklin, Bette Midler, Cher, Madonna, Joan Jett, Janis Joplin

alot of Genre's in there from Blues, Jazz, Soul, Pop, Disco, Ballad

Also like alot of Country because the words come straight from the heart, about life in the country, the hardship of work, survival So Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn, Connie Francis, Tammy, Patsy Cline, Garth Brooks, etc

Alternative Music as well, where someone has not gone mainstream and made something unique, being artistic within an art, Such bands as Dresden Dolls who preform a Punk Style of Pop and infuse it with German Weimar Cabaret, and Rasputina whos Gothic Styles infuse it with Cello Classical/Grudge styling.

I like Some Forms of Pop because it is simply upbeat and catchy and dont really care if it's commercial or not, and the stereotypes surrounding it.

60's and 70's Rock and Pop which would be considerd Old School is great coz its nostalgic, its played and its known by everyone.

Rock like Spinal Tapp/ACDC/Iron Maiden/Aerosmith/ G&R is the best to chill out and listen to, it's the stuff which the radio prises itself on, and its the music thats the most neutral, u can play it at a party and get away with it, and very little public dislike seeing as it's the music everyone can tolerate.

Heavy Metal is good in small doses, Chimaira, Cradle Of Filth, Nothing Face, Candlemass are all smashing bands, but can only really listen to them in select times, when I am in the mood.

SpikeyAidanm
Dec 29th, 2004, 02:12 AM
rock.punk.emo.indie

favourite songs:
jeff buckley - hallelujah
green day - when i come around
the killers - mr.brightside
blink 182 - dammit
rooney - if it were up to me
yellowcard - only one
switchfoot - dare you to move
nada surf - if you leave

:)
some OC songs :lol:

BritneySpearsIsHot
Dec 29th, 2004, 04:14 PM
Britney ;) She can't sing very well, but she performs and has done some great tunes.

I like a good Pop tune, a good rock tune, a good ballad, a good dance song, a good trance song a good Britpop tune

So Britney, Def Leppard, Celine Dion, The Shamen, Scooter, Blur........a wide range of interest.

I don't go for R&B much, but i often like songs over artists.......there are a few exceptions as named and i believe all have original sounds.

I'm also growing to like Dizzee Rascal :p

It's important to me to like various sorts of music and think there is a place for all sorts of music for the very different people in the world to enjoy