PDA

View Full Version : PAW Expectations 2005

crazillo
Dec 27th, 2004, 10:05 PM
Hi,
since the new season will start very soon, I would be interested in knowing your objective opinions about how your mates will do. Who will rise in the rankings, who will fall down? Who will win many titles and who not? Anything you expect for the next year is welcome here, not only for you, but also for all other players. :)

Hayato
Dec 27th, 2004, 10:21 PM
Risers to top 10: Mr_Molik, korben (depending on if he plays), kafelek, many others
Fallers: cooldudeanzela, paellapan, many others

SpikeyAidanm
Dec 28th, 2004, 01:40 AM
My unbiased prediction - year-end top 5 2005 (hope no one gets offended)

1. K&J fan
2. silverwhite
3. SpikeyAidanm
4. sandg
5. jrm

silverwhite
Dec 28th, 2004, 02:57 AM

1. K&J fan
2. silverwhite
3. SpikeyAidanm
4. sandg
5. jrm

Ooh, the pressure! :lol:

Seriously though, I don't think I'll be ranked that high. Too inconsistent. I'm just aiming for the Top 20! :bounce:

ozfan44
Dec 28th, 2004, 06:22 AM
i think the aussies are gonna have a great year this year on the paw tour

spikey will end up on top

look out for mr_molik and broncosven

my aim is top 20!

Harju.
Dec 28th, 2004, 06:23 AM
i want a title. just a title. preferably grandslam. :haha:

WTA Handicapper
Dec 28th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Hi Everyone

Hope you all are having a pleasant Christmas:D

My Expectation for Paw 2005 is to be at No.1 at some stage,and win a UK Grass tournament,preferably Wimbledon!

Other opinions?

Agustin to Win on a regular basis
Australian to Win the Aussie Open.
Marcobarella,Bionic 71 and Nicky 2002 to be the players to beat in January

andrew_uk
Dec 28th, 2004, 05:19 PM
Great thread Saschas :wavey:

2005 will be interesting an year I think. I'm excited about Mr_Molik, he had a wonderful finish to 2004 and I wonder if he will be able to keep the form going into 2005, especially with the Australasia season coming up first :)

I think a number of regular PAWers who are highly committed to the game will enjoy success too, for example sandg, SpikeyAidanm, Hantuchov, jrm and WTA Handicapper etc ;)

I think Saschas (Crazillo) and raquel will produce some good results. Saschas already has a grandslam to his name, but I feel he has a lot more to come yet, especially if he plays a full schedule this year. raquel had some close battles at the top in some of 2004's tournaments, and I have faith that she can go the extra mile and notch a title or two :p

Expect bionic71 to hover around the top all year round, and the legendary spencercarlos to have some magic moments :)

There's a number of players who I think could do so much more, like New and alwayshingis. They are regular players whose dynamite has yet to ignite, but I have faith it will. I also look forward to the return of Philip, and I will also be keeping my eye out for mypapa_je who had a spectacular conclusion to 2004.

As for me, I will be employing a strict strategy :p I have a number of new year's PAW resolutions which I intend to retain for a while. My main concerns are the tier 1 tournaments in which I will be defending a lot of points for (ie Tokyo, Rome, Indian Wells etc). My attentions are now primarily focused on Australia, I will ease myself into the game again at the Hopman Cup where I will proudly represent Great Britain with the lovely raquel :p Then the week after will be my 1st anniversary of PAW :dance: Last year I started playing in Canberra, but unfortunately I will not be returning in 2005, as I be in Sydney. Then I am looking forward to the Australian Open. Melbourne isn't like any other slam, in that it's so early in the year, and with little practice beforehand, anything can happen to any player. I will be aiming for a top ten finish, but I'm warning you all, I am hunting my first grand slam :lol: :wavey:

crazillo
Dec 28th, 2004, 05:26 PM
Great thread Saschas :wavey:

2005 will be interesting an year I think. I'm excited about Mr_Molik, he had a wonderful finish to 2004 and I wonder if he will be able to keep the form going into 2005, especially with the Australasia season coming up first :)

I think a number of regular PAWers who are highly committed to the game will enjoy success too, for example sandg, SpikeyAidanm, Hantuchov, jrm and WTA Handicapper etc ;)

I think Saschas (Crazillo) and raquel will produce some good results. Saschas already has a grandslam to his name, but I feel he has a lot more to come yet, especially if he plays a full schedule this year. raquel had some close battles at the top in some of 2004's tournaments, and I have faith that she can go the extra mile and notch a title or two :p

Expect bionic71 to hover around the top all year round, and the legendary spencercarlos to have some magic moments :)

There's a number of players who I think could do so much more, like New and alwayshingis. They are regular players whose dynamite has yet to ignite, but I have faith it will. I also look forward to the return of Philip, and I will also be keeping my eye out for mypapa_je who had a spectacular conclusion to 2004.

As for me, I will be employing a strict strategy :p I have a number of new year's PAW resolutions which I intend to retain for a while. My main concerns are the tier 1 tournaments in which I will be defending a lot of points for (ie Tokyo, Rome, Indian Wells etc). My attentions are now primarily focused on Australia, I will ease myself into the game again at the Hopman Cup where I will proudly represent Great Britain with the lovely raquel :p Then the week after will be my 1st anniversary of PAW :dance: Last year I started playing in Canberra, but unfortunately I will not be returning in 2005, as I be in Sydney. Then I am looking forward to the Australian Open. Melbourne isn't like any other slam, in that it's so early in the year, and with little practice beforehand, anything can happen to any player. I will be aiming for a top ten finish, but I'm warning you all, I am hunting my first grand slam :lol: :wavey:

Good that you believe in my skills more than -i do. :p

Good luck in 2005! :wavey:

geegables
Dec 28th, 2004, 10:47 PM
i'll be in top 20 by 2005's end

Hachiko
Dec 28th, 2004, 10:52 PM
Lovely Pojana to win a grandslam!
:smooch:

QuicKyMonSter
Dec 28th, 2004, 11:35 PM
i'll be top100 lol:p
(and win my 2nd title afte philly:p)

Hayato
Dec 29th, 2004, 12:48 AM
hopefully i can finish top 50 by the end of the year, as my ranking will plummet outside the top 32 after i don't defend my final in Gold Coast :o

jrm
Dec 29th, 2004, 03:31 AM

1. K&J fan
2. silverwhite
3. SpikeyAidanm
4. sandg
5. jrm

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Strange, i am also getting the vibe for the great 2005 :lol:

kfh_9118
Dec 29th, 2004, 05:21 AM
I am hoping for my first title in 2005 :)

My prediction:
* Indonesia to win FEDCUP 2005 :D
* someone from outside Top 10 at the end of 2004 will be crowned #1 player at the end of 2005 (maybe Mr Molik?)

Hachiko
Dec 29th, 2004, 05:50 AM
All these people are predicting themselves!
:lol:

Mateo Mathieu
Dec 29th, 2004, 05:52 AM
What's up with those predictions with Mr Molik? :confused: He's hype! :ras:

:p

Mr_Molik
Dec 29th, 2004, 07:36 AM
What's up with those predictions with Mr Molik? :confused: He's hype! :ras:

:p:angel:

rusty_red_head
Dec 30th, 2004, 02:48 AM
My aim is to enter more tournaments and get back into the top 100 and have two top 5 spots

blerr
Dec 30th, 2004, 03:00 AM
*Conchi Party I thnk will win a grand slam
*Nathan27 will rise into the Top 15
*SpikeyAidanm will return to #1, with sandg at #2
*Canada to have a STRONG yr all round again, and win Fed Cup
*At least 10 new faces in the top 20

matthias
Dec 30th, 2004, 10:47 AM
i hope/think germany can have 3 top30 end of the year.

SpikeyAidanm
Nov 7th, 2005, 09:53 AM
WOW fun reading this thread back :lol:

QuicKyMonSter
Nov 7th, 2005, 04:51 PM
i'll be top100 lol:p
(and win my 2nd title after philly:p)
first one- correct
2nd one.....wron :rolleyes:

andrew_uk
Nov 7th, 2005, 06:11 PM
am looking forward to the Australian Open. Melbourne isn't like any other slam, in that it's so early in the year, and with little practice beforehand, anything can happen to any player. I will be aiming for a top ten finish, but I'm warning you all, I am hunting my first grand slam

Damn right Andrew :lol: :haha: :p :) :wavey:

silverwhite
Nov 7th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Ooh, the pressure! :lol:

Seriously though, I don't think I'll be ranked that high. Too inconsistent. I'm just aiming for the Top 20! :bounce:

Looks like I'll be achieving that. :yeah: