PDA

View Full Version : Are you a materialist?

Vincent
Dec 27th, 2004, 04:35 AM
:cool: To be honest, I like brand-name products. I would rather have one expensive products rather than 5 cheap things. How about u? :wavey:

greenfunkTHREE.
Dec 27th, 2004, 04:41 AM
yes! me too.!

Jericho
Dec 27th, 2004, 04:43 AM
yep...unless its food b/c i'll eat anything :p

clothes yeah, but it has to look good too ;)

GBFH
Dec 27th, 2004, 04:44 AM
yes.

but i'm american, so i don't feel guilty about it.

Jericho
Dec 27th, 2004, 04:47 AM
yes.

but i'm american, so i don't feel guilty about it.
:wavey:

hey amanda i havent seen you post lately ;)

GBFH
Dec 27th, 2004, 04:48 AM
hi blake :wavey:

missed you, too.

esquímaux
Dec 27th, 2004, 04:50 AM
No.

Scotso
Dec 27th, 2004, 04:50 AM
Hey Vince :D

I'm the anti-materialist. I don't like having lots of stuff so I avoid accumulating anything.

Chunchun
Dec 27th, 2004, 04:55 AM
:cool: To be honest, I like brand-name products. I would rather have one expensive products rather than 5 cheap things. How about u? :wavey:

damn, you are so rich :smooch:

Chunchun
Dec 27th, 2004, 04:57 AM
i just want good-quality products, no matter it's cheap :)

And expensive things don't mean it's good-quality, rite?

greenfunkTHREE.
Dec 27th, 2004, 05:04 AM
haha i want brand. but sometimes if the brand's too expensive. i go for a different brand. btw i dont go for luis vuitton fendi gucci. that kinda stuff. talking bout nike and adidas kinda stuff.

SpikeyAidanm
Dec 27th, 2004, 05:06 AM
Oh yes, not only top brands, but I own sweat bands, bead necklaces, belt, sunnies, quality messanger bag, ipod, leather wrist bands, cap, mobile, scarf/beanie in winter etc... all when I'm working around. I never wear a watch in public or anywhere for that matter.

Scotso
Dec 27th, 2004, 05:06 AM
I buy my Gucci in Mexico! ;)

hehe

Princess Sarah.
Dec 27th, 2004, 05:09 AM
yes very
it's so bad i know:(

greenfunkTHREE.
Dec 27th, 2004, 06:13 AM
there's gucci in mexico?

Andy.
Dec 27th, 2004, 06:52 AM
Yeah i would say i am but i dont care its good to have nice things

firefly_ac
Dec 27th, 2004, 07:06 AM
not very.. probably would be one if I'm filthy rich... haha

Wiggly
Dec 27th, 2004, 08:18 AM
YEAH :)

I LOVES wear Puma, Lacoste,etc clothes! (like $100 and more :rolleyes: )

thalle
Dec 27th, 2004, 08:56 AM
I am a huge materialist. It's ugly, and people around me tells me I am. But atleast I know and admit it.
I want good brands, I love that. Of course I can also wear secondhand...
I am too materialistic for Christmas! I was almost sad because I didn't get anything I wanted (and then thing I wanted the most!!!!)

Cuckoo
Dec 27th, 2004, 09:15 AM
Yes, But if something is budget but does the same job to my standards I will Buy it,

I buy Budget Shaving Cream (1.99) as opposed to Gillette Shaving Cream (5.49) It's only bloody foam

And that it does the same Job

greenfunkTHREE.
Dec 27th, 2004, 09:20 AM
i like nike and adidas. for shoes its usually nike or mizuno. and for clothes. hmmm ranges, levis, sergio tachini. ashworth(these shirts are like s$70) and adidas, quiksilver. yeahh. like those.

greenfunkTHREE.
Dec 27th, 2004, 09:20 AM
i like to wear stuff which has a brand or looks really nice. but usually its the brand which gets me.

Mariangelina
Dec 27th, 2004, 12:28 PM
I don't have enough money to be a materialist. :lol: Anyway, I'm more the type who just falls in love with certain things whether they're cheap or not. I just like nice things, and I always thought jeans, shoes, purses, etc. being hugely valued just because of a label was a bit idiotic.

daniela86
Dec 27th, 2004, 12:37 PM
I don't have enough money to be a materialist. :lol: Anyway, I'm more the type who just falls in love with certain things whether they're cheap or not. I just like nice things, and I always thought jeans, shoes, purses, etc. being hugely valued just because of a label was a bit idiotic.
exactly my thoughts :) :D :yeah:

SM
Dec 27th, 2004, 01:23 PM
yes and no...

not for brand names, but i am a shop-a-holic and must have every new electronic gadget that is out ;)

Helen Lawson
Dec 27th, 2004, 01:50 PM
I've had to support so many people over the years, I've had no choice but to be materialistic. But personally, I'm cheap with myself, I always had a new mink stole and a Cadillac less than a year old, and of course I was one of Van Cleef and Arpels' best customers throughout the 1940's and 1950's, but personally I'm not materialistic.

greenfunkTHREE.
Dec 27th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Ok.. :confused:

flyingmachine
Dec 27th, 2004, 06:02 PM
Well I'm can be materialistic at times. I'm don't mind about bands as long as they are good quality it doesn't matter weather is expersive or not. Trainers I love nike trainers they are stylish and very comfortable to wear but they don't last long it wears out within a year :o so I normally buy adidas they are comfortable and most of all they last a lot longer as well as they are a bit cheaper than Nike. I brought one of these fake adidas sweater in Hong Kong for $HK10 many years back and still wears them today.
However I'm a shopaholic :o and doesn't matter weather it's cheap or expersive if I want that thing I will have it. :o

flyingmachine
Dec 27th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Ok.. :confused:
You know Helen Lawson is the exception. ;)

harloo
Dec 27th, 2004, 06:20 PM
I find that alot of materialistic people don't have any personal style. One of my friends doesn't even buy name brand clothes but can dress his ass off. All the folks with all that name brand stuff on get so jealous of him when he gets compliments on his clothes.

Just because you have on a sean john outfit, burberry, prada, gucci, or any other name brand clothes doesn't necessarily mean you look good. Clothes are clothes, the key is how you create your own personal style. If you are fly you can turn something you bought at a goodwill into a tight outfit. I have seen this done before and was amazed at the transformation.

;)

Oleh
Dec 27th, 2004, 08:27 PM
I'm sitting here on my own computer surrounded by my own things I'd be lying if I said I wasn't. Unless you live a life of no possessions (Which no one here does) you are materialistic.

Some people are more so than others but EVERYONE is materialistic.

¤CharlDa¤
Dec 27th, 2004, 08:27 PM
Me? Of course not :angel: ;) Who am I kidding. I am soooo materialist!

greenfunkTHREE.
Dec 28th, 2004, 06:39 AM
You know Helen Lawson is the exception. ;)

why?? :confused:

i am super materialistic. brand only please! haha! :lol:

Ting
Dec 28th, 2004, 07:00 AM
Don't think I am, but only because I don't have that much money:p

Experimentee
Dec 28th, 2004, 01:50 PM
I'm not at all. I dont really care about brands. If I do wear brands I make sure the name isnt big or visible. Most of the famous brands use sweatshop labour anyway, which is why they can make so much money and advertise to become more famous.
I just pay attention to what looks good when i buy stuff, rather than the name on the label.

Experimentee
Dec 28th, 2004, 01:56 PM
If you mean in the sense of buying possessions, I do buy things, everyone does, mainly clothes. What else would you spend your money on?

greenfunkTHREE.
Dec 28th, 2004, 03:24 PM
Foood! :d

BritneySpearsIsHot
Dec 28th, 2004, 05:33 PM
No.

I had to tell people to spend little on me at Christmas.

They didn't listen and although i liked my presents and appreciate them, presents don't buy my love.......i love them already, materials or not