PDA

View Full Version : XBOX / XBOX LIVE Chat.

fOxYLiCiOuS
Dec 26th, 2004, 04:45 AM
Hey :wavey:

I was given an XBOX LIVE starter kit for Christmas and I was just trying to set it up. ;)

I saw the XBOX - Topspin - thread in GM :p but I thought id star another thread for XBOX LIVE :D

:angel: IM JUST CURIIOUS to see who i'll be challenging against :confused: and what are some really good online xbox games? :kiss:

Thanks

Princess Sarah.
Dec 26th, 2004, 04:55 AM
i have an xbox but no xbox live and we don't have top spin because my bro didn't want to buy it ...idiot

fOxYLiCiOuS
Dec 26th, 2004, 05:13 AM
i have an xbox but no xbox live and we don't have top spin because my bro didn't want to buy it ...idiot

awww okay :sad:

Ive got mine all connected now :D :kiss: :bounce:

Princess Sarah.
Dec 26th, 2004, 05:17 AM
awww okay :sad:

Ive got mine all connected now :D :kiss: :bounce:
coolness have fun

fOxYLiCiOuS
Dec 26th, 2004, 06:20 AM
coolness have fun

CCCP1
Dec 26th, 2004, 10:00 PM
I will prob get mine in a week. Do you have to go to store and ask for it or register online?

!<blocparty>!
Dec 26th, 2004, 10:12 PM
I'm getting it within the next few days! Maybe we could get some practice in before we hit the big players in the league? :lol:

Cersei
Dec 26th, 2004, 10:53 PM
it would be nice if i could play someone online. i'm on right now and nobody's there :sad:

fOxYLiCiOuS
Dec 27th, 2004, 12:12 AM
I'm getting it within the next few days! Maybe we could get some practice in before we hit the big players in the league? :lol:

Sure ;)

I need the practice :bounce:

!<blocparty>!
Dec 30th, 2004, 04:56 PM
I'm connected :bounce: see your PM's ;)

aNYthing
Dec 30th, 2004, 05:51 PM
i am also gonna go on and look for you guys....

what are your gamertags?

SilK
Dec 30th, 2004, 06:15 PM
:wavey:

!<blocparty>!
Dec 30th, 2004, 07:39 PM
Im online with the womens now and no1 is on :rolleyes: I'm doing shit on the men :lol:

!<blocparty>!
Dec 30th, 2004, 07:50 PM
:woohoo: I got a female player, i lost 2 points :D

She didnt wana play again though!

!<blocparty>!
Dec 30th, 2004, 08:36 PM
:lol: OK, i just played this american and won 3-0 3-0. She was really nice, but she kept asking me if we have shoping malls, and how I buy my clothes over here, like the UK is some other planet :lol;

She was amazed that we had Mcdonalds, and that we had department stores and shops like Gap, and The Simpsons on TV.

Another guy (also from the US) said i sounded like Ron Weasley from Harry Potter :haha:

LIVE is fun :D

F-R-E-A-K
Dec 30th, 2004, 08:39 PM
Cool guys :)

I'll get Foxy to jump onto WTAworld to check his PM's soon!

I think he said last nite Jahrim added him to friends? :)

!<blocparty>!
Dec 30th, 2004, 08:45 PM
Cool :)

OMG, i just played this same girl, the last question was:

Do you have a president like George Bush...:lol:

fOxYLiCiOuS
Dec 30th, 2004, 08:57 PM
Cool

I added Bloc Party and Jahrim to my 'FRIENDS' list :)

!<blocparty>!
Dec 30th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the match Drew :)

F-R-E-A-K
Dec 30th, 2004, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the match Drew :)

No probs ;)

Thanks for kicking my ass :p :drool: :bounce:

aNYthing
Dec 30th, 2004, 10:20 PM
hey guys! :wavey: Im gonna add you all. There are others from wtaworld that play like:

Knizzle = knizzle21

Bezz = Tennis mad bezz

Keith = KAM007

Jahrim = Jahrim

I cant think of anymore...

I almost caught you foxy, but you just logged off as I got on...

!<blocparty>!
Dec 30th, 2004, 11:18 PM
No probs ;)

Thanks for kicking my ass :p :drool: :bounce:

:lol: what was the :drool: for? You enjoyed it? :eek: :p

!<blocparty>!
Dec 30th, 2004, 11:19 PM
hey guys! :wavey: Im gonna add you all. There are others from wtaworld that play like:

Knizzle = knizzle21

Bezz = Tennis mad bezz

Keith = KAM007

Jahrim = Jahrim

I cant think of anymore...

I almost caught you foxy, but you just logged off as I got on...

Thanks :) You're gonna whoop my ass :lol: I'm tempted to come back on now, but ill just be up all night, so I'd better not.

aNYthing
Dec 30th, 2004, 11:29 PM
cant wait to play with you guys! Bloc...do you have a headset? What about foxy, or kitty?

!<blocparty>!
Dec 30th, 2004, 11:31 PM
yeah I have a headset. :) and foxy/FREAK does. dont know about Kitty.

Oneofakind0490
Dec 30th, 2004, 11:32 PM
I have two free months. I just need to get some cable to hook it up to my internet. I might play topspin on it but I really suck in the game. I can't win a major and beat only some of the premade players.

Cersei
Dec 30th, 2004, 11:58 PM
cant wait to play with you guys! Bloc...do you have a headset? What about foxy, or kitty?I do have one, can't remember where it is though :scratch:. i'll try to find it tomorrow :o

F-R-E-A-K
Dec 31st, 2004, 12:45 AM
We have the headset :)

Ive just spent 4 or soo hours training my play in career mode

Elena Bovina :kiss:

Ive just got to add 2 more stars and I shall be right to play you guys online :kiss:

aNYthing
Dec 31st, 2004, 12:57 AM
so are foxy and drew in the same house? Or two different Gamer tags?

aNYthing
Dec 31st, 2004, 12:59 AM
i cant wait to see how my serena does against elena! :hearts: I also want to see how you created her. What are her stats?

F-R-E-A-K
Dec 31st, 2004, 04:19 AM
so are foxy and drew in the same house? Or two different Gamer tags?

Gary (Foxy) and Drew (F-R-E-A-K) are in the same house. ;)

I've just created Elena Bovina :)

It doesn't really look like her, but im happy :lol:

aNYthing
Dec 31st, 2004, 05:17 AM
kewl kewl!!! Then I'll check back into this thread periodically to see when you guys go on. Hopefully I can see you guys soon :wavey:

fOxYLiCiOuS
Dec 31st, 2004, 06:22 AM
kewl kewl!!! Then I'll check back into this thread periodically to see when you guys go on. Hopefully I can see you guys soon :wavey:
Thats cool ;)

Hope to play you soon :wavey:

geoepee
Dec 31st, 2004, 08:27 AM
I play online as well

My gamertag is geoepee

fOxYLiCiOuS
Dec 31st, 2004, 09:14 AM
I play online as well

My gamertag is geoepee

Great! :)

I'll ad you guys tomorrow ;)

aNYthing
Dec 31st, 2004, 04:19 PM
i knew i forgot someone...sorry Geoepee! :wavey:

!<blocparty>!
Dec 31st, 2004, 04:43 PM
:wavey: My office has kinda gone into a tip, my sis deciced to nick the TV back to her room and there are wires everywhere :unsure: It's gonna take about an hour to get them all in the right places :sad:

SM
Jan 1st, 2005, 11:21 PM
hey guys do u know if i can get online?

i have xbox but my broadbank is the slowest speed the company i got it from offers. i think its only 5 times faster than dial up. is this connection sufficient for topspin ?

SzavayFi
Jan 1st, 2005, 11:22 PM
XBOX but no XBOX live though. My friend does though and its awesome. :)

aNYthing
Jan 2nd, 2005, 01:40 AM
anything that uses a ethernet port and cord to connect to the modem should be compatible enough...

switz
Jan 2nd, 2005, 03:40 AM
i don't understand this live thing. you can talk to people over an xbox?? i'm scared. i think i'll just stick to smash court tennis pro tournament 2 on om PS2 with my mates.

SM
Jan 2nd, 2005, 09:16 AM
hey switz

from other online games ive played ithink it goes like this...there is a lobby of some sort where u can choose who/where to play. IN this lobby u can talk to people before and after matches but dont have to. u can simply initiate a game w/out all thos hassles.

and its much better than ur mates. ur mates (assuming they arent tennis freaks) wont know as much about strategies, and with thousands of people to challenge u will ALWAYS find someone better than urself which is good...a never ending challenge ;):)

Oizo
Jan 2nd, 2005, 10:00 AM
Steve, your signature is hilarious :lol: The last sentence I mean...:o

SM
Jan 2nd, 2005, 11:06 AM
i think my connection uploads at 128 k but downloads at 64 k. is this sufficient b/c i hear at minimum it should be 128k??

SM
Jan 2nd, 2005, 11:07 AM
i mean 128 download/ 64 upload

!<blocparty>!
Jan 2nd, 2005, 12:00 PM
SM - If your talking about Kbps? Then you should be fine. Im on 1MB and can use the net and LIVE with no probs(at the same time). But I dont know. Try ringing your internet provider. A quick call should get it sorted.

Geoepee - Was it you I played last night? Your sounds was off if it was. :sad:

SM
Jan 2nd, 2005, 12:24 PM
well im gonna get 512/128 soon. i hope there isnt too much lag?

F-R-E-A-K
Jan 3rd, 2005, 09:22 PM

Anyone online today? :D

!<blocparty>!
Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:31 PM
I was online! But i cant come on now :sad: I'll wake the people sleeping above me up :lol:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jan 4th, 2005, 01:12 AM
Guys I have amazing news regarding Topspin!!! :D

Anyways, I created Venus Williams and im 3* serve, 5* BH & FH and 1* volley. My Skills are Power, Return Risk Shot and Risk Shot (I'm sooo thick because these are like the worst skills :sad: )

Anyways, I won all pro-am tournaments not dropping a game :bounce: Won all Pro tournaments only dropping 3 games (and that was in a final in Chennai).

I then decided to got to the Oz Open. I beat Harkleroad 3-0 4-3(5) and then I faced Hingis and I got absolutely slaughtered 3-0 3-1 :sad: Anyways, I then decided to play a Major Pro. I played the Romania Indoor and beat Sergeyvna and then lost to Amanda Coetzer :tape: 4-2 3-1 . After that I got pissed off because I was wondering why I only have 3 skills instead of 4 (why is that?) and at the fact I can't beat th computer!!!

I then decided to play Moscow, and I played brilliantly, winning the QF and SF 3-0 3-0 (beating Sergeyvna and Shaughnessy). However, in the final I played Elena Dementieva and I lost the first set 3-1 (I was lucky to even get a game). However, I came back and won the next two sets to win my first ever Major Pro Title in Moscow 1-3 4-3(5) 4-3(9) (that final set I lead 4-0 in the tiebreak :o ) :bounce: :hug: This made me NUMBER 2 in the world!!!! :bounce: (behind Hingis :fiery: )

I dunno if I can play again, coz I'm scared that I will lose again and I don't want my winning percentage to go down (I have only lost two matches).

Anyways, I just though I would share this with you because my brother don't give a shit and my friends don't know anything about computers.

Also, can you tell me why I only have 3 skills instead of 4???

Oneofakind0490
Jan 4th, 2005, 01:24 AM
Honey B Fly I am just like you except for winning a major pro. I made it to the finals of Us Open and the grass tournament in South America but cant beat any computers. My stats are Serve-* Forehand-***** Backhand-***** Volley-***. I just can't and get frustrated.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jan 4th, 2005, 01:30 AM
Honey B Fly I am just like you except for winning a major pro. I made it to the finals of Us Open and the grass tournament in South America but cant beat any computers. My stats are Serve-* Forehand-***** Backhand-***** Volley-***. I just can't and get frustrated.

It's annoying isn't it. I'm too afraid to go into anymore big tournaments :lol: I'm just gonna ride on this Moscow victory until Daniela Hantuchova moves ahead of me and I fall to number 3. I just don't want my win/loss ratio to get worse. Also, when I lose I end up swearing at the TV and chucking my controller across the room :o

Jeff
Jan 4th, 2005, 01:36 AM

Anyone online today? :DI didn't know u had Topspin. We should play sometime :dance:

My gamertag is jeppyboy

F-R-E-A-K
Jan 4th, 2005, 06:08 AM
I didn't know u had Topspin. We should play sometime :dance:

My gamertag is jeppyboy
Hey Jeff :wavey:

Only had the game for 2 weeks ;)

I'll add you :D

Also Bloc Party (Tim) :kiss: Foxy deleted you from our friends list :rolleyes: He forgot who you were :eek: :sad:

Bacardi
Jan 4th, 2005, 06:24 AM
I want an XBox, but I keep waiting for it to go down in price. I already have a PS2 and a lot of games for it, so if I got an Xbox it's just gonna be me buying even more games, and that scares even me :lol:

Cersei
Jan 4th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Also, can you tell me why I only have 3 skills instead of 4???
you'll be able to choose a 4th skill.i'm not really sure when, but i think you have to be number 1 and have to win a grandslam

!<blocparty>!
Jan 4th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Also Bloc Party (Tim) :kiss: Foxy deleted you from our friends list :rolleyes: He forgot who you were :eek: :sad:
:lol: Just re-add me - "bloc party" lower case.

F-R-E-A-K
Jan 4th, 2005, 10:03 PM
:lol: Just re-add me - "bloc party" lower case.

I added you ;)

!<blocparty>!
Jan 4th, 2005, 10:09 PM
I added you ;)
I saw, cheers.

SM
Jan 5th, 2005, 05:15 AM
hey guys. i want to prepare a player for live

how many stars should i add to my stats like forehand etc? i want to make a defensive player called nicole pratt :) ;)

tips??

F-R-E-A-K
Jan 5th, 2005, 05:59 AM

how many stars should i add to my stats like forehand etc? i want to make a defensive player called nicole pratt :) ;)

tips??

:wavey: create your ideal player ;)

nicole pratt :lol: :tape:

fOxYLiCiOuS
Jan 5th, 2005, 09:11 AM

anyone online for a game of Top Spin? ;)

SM
Jan 5th, 2005, 09:13 AM
u wont be laughin when steven builds her up and spanks ur arse on live . hehe

fOxYLiCiOuS
Jan 5th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Ive just created Mary Pierce!

ALLEZ! :kiss:

Bezz
Jan 5th, 2005, 09:30 PM
Hey foxylicious/freak :wavey:

My gamertag is Tennis Mad Bezz, if yu want a game sometime :D

fOxYLiCiOuS
Jan 6th, 2005, 02:20 AM
Hey foxylicious/freak :wavey:

My gamertag is Tennis Mad Bezz, if yu want a game sometime :D
Great ;)

We'll add you :bounce:

kabuki
Jan 6th, 2005, 02:38 PM

tips??

I'll assume you are making a female char. I think it depends if you are elite, or just learning.

If you want to learn the game,

Defensive 3-4-4-3 (basic all-around player) Precision (helps w/control), Speed (gets you to the ball faster and allows you to "lock on" quicker, Risk Shot (slows the meter and causes a longer meter pause at lock on point), Topspin (increases control, angle, etc.)

If you are or have designs on being elite,

Defensive 4-5-5-0 (at the top of the heap, it is almost all baseline bash-o-rama. A good serve is also required, or the top players will pick on it. Volleys are almost useless, because of all the power, angle, and risk shot madness. Return of Serve (makes a huge difference in returning), Speed or Power (somewhat of a toss-up, most seem to stick with speed tho'), Risk Shot (only because the rest suck so much. Drop shot might be a good choice, but excess dropping pisses people off. Ace helps very, very, very, little. I once picked it and it SLOWED my serve down. Passing shot is almost worthless for a female, because almost noone charges the net, and passing shot only works with flat.) Topspin (The rest are basically worthless.)

Do not ever pick- Return risk shot (worthless. that is all about timing) Volley (basically worthless on the women's side, and no doubles) Ace and Passing Shot, Smash (pointless), Aggressive lob (tall players can easily pick it off)

Speaking of height, my personal opinion is that taller has better serve angles, but is ganglier and more apt to be wrongfooted. Shorter has better controlled movement, but lacks serve angles. It's up to you.

Weight and handedness don't make much difference, but definitely do two-handed. For some reason, on the women's side, all things equal, a two-handed backhand is much better than a one-handed backhand.

Good Luck. :D

!<blocparty>!
Jan 6th, 2005, 02:48 PM
^^^^ What? Jahrim told me i should have a return risk shot and passing shot as a skill :shrug: And 2 stars on volley (im defensive)

kabuki
Jan 6th, 2005, 03:01 PM
^^^^ What? Jahrim told me i should have a return risk shot and passing shot as a skill :shrug: And 2 stars on volley (im defensive)

By no means am I spreading the gospel. Make the choices you think are the correct ones. Passing shot is fine, but it only works when you use the flat button. Also, within the top ten, to my knowledge, only one volleys with regularity. Returning risk shots is about timing the hit right, and IMHO return of serve is so much more crucial. (the large majority of the top ten have it) But there are many ways to skin a cat. Good luck! :wavey:

!<blocparty>!
Jan 6th, 2005, 03:04 PM
ooh, i have return of serve :o oops, sorry jahrim :p

I dont hit flat passing shots though, they'd get killed wudnt they? :lol:

kabuki
Jan 6th, 2005, 03:09 PM
ooh, i have return of serve :o oops, sorry jahrim :p

I dont hit flat passing shots though, they'd get killed wudnt they? :lol:

With passing shot, flat shots hit while the other player is at the net dip wildly. But again, no one volleys that much.

!<blocparty>!
Jan 6th, 2005, 03:14 PM
With passing shot, flat shots hit while the other player is at the net dip wildly. But again, no one volleys that much.
Yeah thats true, i just need practice my anticipation and risk shots now. I can beat about the 1,500 ranked player (I think) But when it gets higher, I tank. lol

kabuki
Jan 6th, 2005, 03:22 PM
Yeah thats true, i just need practice my anticipation and risk shots now. I can beat about the 1,500 ranked player (I think) But when it gets higher, I tank. lol

I'm assuming you mean in exhibition. I'm not sure there are 1500 official players.

1500 in exhibition is very good. Particularly because the exo ranking is for mens and womens together (one ranking). There are so many more mens players, so it is easier for them to accumulate points. For example, when I was top 5 official, I was still only top 150 exo. My guess is a top 1500 exo player might be top 50 womens official. Again, very good. :D

aNYthing
Jan 6th, 2005, 03:36 PM

no..i told you return serve and passing shot :p

aNYthing
Jan 6th, 2005, 03:38 PM
kabuki = Kabukistar?

I didnt you know were from this website! Good to see ya! :wavey:

!<blocparty>!
Jan 6th, 2005, 03:38 PM
no..i told you return serve and passing shot :p
Yeah i realised when she mentioned it :lol:

I did apologise :angel: ^^^

kabuki
Jan 6th, 2005, 03:40 PM
kabuki = Kabukistar?

I didnt you know were from this website! Good to see ya! :wavey:

Howdy! :wavey:

aNYthing
Jan 6th, 2005, 03:41 PM
:lol: :wavey:

fOxYLiCiOuS
Jan 9th, 2005, 03:55 AM
I created Mary Pierce :)

Marcus1979
Jan 9th, 2005, 05:39 AM
Do u have to have a credit card to register or are there alternative payments available.

I would love to get XBOX-Live.

But have no access to a credit card.

xr6turbo
Jan 9th, 2005, 08:40 AM
Do u have to have a credit card to register or are there alternative payments available.

I would love to get XBOX-Live.

But have no access to a credit card.
I think u can buy the kits from the shops.. I dunno tho...

Marcus1979
Jan 9th, 2005, 08:57 AM
I think u can buy the kits from the shops.. I dunno tho...

I hope so. If thats the case I will be going to buy one.

I rock in Top Spin

xr6turbo
Jan 9th, 2005, 09:00 AM

I rock in Top Spin
haha.. i dont have an xbox.. i got a PS2 :D

fOxYLiCiOuS
Jan 9th, 2005, 09:04 AM

I rock in Top Spin

When you buy the online kit from the shops. You still need a credit card. :sad:

It says on the box ;) so read carefully :p

Marcus1979
Jan 9th, 2005, 09:06 AM
When you buy the online kit from the shops. You still need a credit card. :sad:

It says on the box ;) so read carefully :p

DAMN THEM

:fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

SM
Jan 9th, 2005, 11:34 AM
u can use a debit card too but enquire about it. only some debit cards work/