3) Rubber Factory- The Black Keys
4) The College Dropout- Kanye West
5) Van Lear Rose- Loretta Lynn
6) Afrodisiac- Brandy
7) Uh Huh Her- PJ Harvey
8 ) From a Basement on the Hill- Elliott Smith
9) American Idiot- Green Day
10) Bows + Arrows- The Walkmen

6. Afrodisiac Brandy Or What Happens When You Allow a Scrub to Enter Your Life, Screw You Over, and Leave. Brandy remains the queen of the R&B murmur no American Idol-style shrieking for her but the producers, especially the ever-inventive Timbaland, compensate with dramatic, rumbly, off-kilter beats and tones that add gravitas to this rueful ex-teen star. Everything the rhythms, the mopey songs, Brandy's delivery simmers, but ferociously. Left-field sample of the year: the snippet of Coldplay's ''Clocks'' in ''Should I Go.''

geoepee
Dec 26th, 2004, 06:08 AM
I enjoyed Brandy's Afrodisiac, I think it's the most underrated CD of 2004. At least it was nominated for a Grammy, but Brandy wont win this year against Usher.

Rocketta
Dec 26th, 2004, 07:17 AM
y'all are making me want to hear it finally. I've held off because I really haven't been a fan of the two main singles from the album.

Shuji Shuriken
Dec 26th, 2004, 02:08 PM
y'all are making me want to hear it finally. I've held off because I really haven't been a fan of the two main singles from the album.
That's the point Rockie :p :). So many people didn't give this CD a chance...it's just sad. At least the critics agree it is a stellar CD. It has been on most of the major lists Top Ten albums of this year. I really hope she wins that Grammy, because I dare to say her album is better than Usher's, even if dismal sales doesn't reflect it. Her poor sales lay squarely at the feet of Atlantic Records :mad:. I'm so glad she asked to be let out of her contract with them.

Rocketta
Dec 26th, 2004, 07:02 PM
That's the point Rockie :p :). So many people didn't give this CD a chance...it's just sad. At least the critics agree it is a stellar CD. It has been on most of the major lists Top Ten albums of this year. I really hope she wins that Grammy, because I dare to say her album is better than Usher's, even if dismal sales doesn't reflect it. Her poor sales lay squarely at the feet of Atlantic Records :mad:. I'm so glad she asked to be let out of her contract with them.
yeah well you finally converted me......I'll give it a listen. :yeah: