PDA

View Full Version : Who has a Gamecube??

jbone_0307
Dec 25th, 2004, 08:19 PM
Do you like it??? I just got one and I think that I am going to like it! I still dont think that it is better than the Nintendo 64, even though the graphics may be better. Somebody seriously needs to tell the video game designers to stop producing those horrible games like "Mario Kart Double Dash", "Mario Party 1-6", "Super Mario Sunshine", "Mario Power Tennis", and "Paper Mario". They totally messed up Power Tennis and Double Dash from what they had on the N64 and bring back the classic Super Mario from the Super Nintendo.

kikker
Dec 25th, 2004, 08:26 PM
i have one, but playstation2 is better and my little brother has it
and he's addicted to GTA :lol:

Rocketta
Dec 25th, 2004, 08:30 PM
I have one but haven't hooked it up in about 10 months but I just got a wireless controller as a xmas gift so I think it's going to be hooked up. Don't ask me why my sister bought me a wireless controller but she did. :)

tennisIlove09
Dec 25th, 2004, 08:44 PM
my youngest brother has a gamecube. I've played Mario Power Tennis. Good times. I won all my matches. 64 64; 62 57 63; 64 36 63

SM
Dec 26th, 2004, 12:21 AM
i have one. there are many reasons to own it:

eternal darkness - great game, great story, great gameplay. it shits on resi evil and silent hill in terms of scaryness :)

metroid prime 1 - took one of the best franchises ever, and successfully changed it from 2d to 3d. it is a classic and one of the best games ever made. it is a first person adventure game which plays alot likea first person shooter.

mario power tennis - yes it does have power shots but it isnt meant to be a tennis sim. by the way u CAN turn them off in multiplayer to play traditional tennis. and this is an awesome game which doesnt take itself too serious!

mario kart - i agree, quite shabby compared to earlier incarnations..

mario sunshine - i agree crap. they will release mario 128 next year which is like the earlier marios and will rock.

resident evil series - theyhave remade some of the resident evils with much enhanced graphics and gameplay. resident evil 4 is the most antisipated game on this system and will be launched as an exclusive next year.

geist - look out for this game next year. first person shooter with a twist and is getting alot of hype.

the system is probab;y the strongest system in terms of mulitplayer gaming, so if u have lots of people to challenge it is really good trying out mario tennis/kart/party, smash bros and many more.

btw - enjoy ur new system. good choice b/c the cube has quality over quantity in terms of software

SM
Dec 26th, 2004, 12:23 AM
also have a look for things like second sight, prince of persia, phantasy star online, super monkey ball and many more......;)

:o how could i forget zelda! like metroid prime this game is the creme de la creme on the cube. next year a realistic version is being released and is being very hyped b/c every zelda game ever made is near flawless albeit not too difficult..

Jarrett
Dec 26th, 2004, 01:14 AM
i have one. there are many reasons to own it:

eternal darkness - great game, great story, great gameplay. it shits on resi evil and silent hill in terms of scaryness :)

Yes! But I think Resident Evil 4 will make me have nightmares. But I am getting it for sure.

My favorite games (that I own) for the gamecube have been: Pikmin, Metroid Prime, Zelda:WW, Tales of Symphonia, Beyond Good & Evil, Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, Eternal Darkness and The Sims.

My brother got me Power Tennis for Christmas and I am loving it so far. Some matches are way to easy though. The paint minigame is pissing me off cause I suck so bad at it. I liked Double Dash, but I haven't bought it yet. Waiting for a price drop.

jbone_0307
Dec 26th, 2004, 03:59 AM
Hallajula, Mario Double Dash is already annoying. There is just tooo much shit going on at the same time. I love Mario Kart 64, I dont want to always double team with somebody. The tracks suck, god even that music annoys me. The only reason why I wanted it because of Goldeneye Rogue Agent, does anybody have it. It looks great. I dont think anything can match Goldeneye 007 for N64. Im still addicted to the multiplayer split screen action.

Carolina Girl
Dec 26th, 2004, 04:00 AM
I got one last year for christmas...:p the only games i have for it are:
Luigi's Mansion
LoZ (Legend of Zelda) Collectors Edition Disc
LoZ Wind Waker
LoZ Four Swords Adventures
Harvest Moon-A Wonderful Life
Animal Crossing
..i think thats it..my lil brother has some too but..i dont' normally play them:p I have more games for PS2, which i got the Christmas before last (2002) and this Christmas I got and X-box with Halo :bounce: its great:p

backhanddtl4
Dec 26th, 2004, 05:02 AM
I have one. I recommend Super Smash Brothers Melee, and Tales of Symphonia.

backhanddtl4
Dec 26th, 2004, 05:03 AM
Pikimin is awesome too.

jbone_0307
Dec 26th, 2004, 05:37 AM
Are there any games that are similar to the Super Nintendo's "Super Mario Bros" where you had to go through the level, jump over and hit the flag and go to the castle??

Halardfan
Dec 26th, 2004, 07:11 AM
Love my Gamecube!

Fave Games on it are...

Animal Crossing, (which is an all-time great game and a must-have)
Harvest Moon
Mario Party 5
Wario Ware

I got Pikmin 2 for Chrsitmas and its superb! :)

I have a PS2 as well, but the Gamecube is my machine of choice. :)

Jarrett
Dec 26th, 2004, 08:48 AM
Love my Gamecube!

Fave Games on it are...

Animal Crossing, (which is an all-time great game and a must-have)
Harvest Moon
Mario Party 5
Wario Ware

I got Pikmin 2 for Chrsitmas and its superb! :)

I have a PS2 as well, but the Gamecube is my machine of choice. :)
Chris, I got Animal Crossing and have yet to spend any time with it. All I did was plant some seeds and then I quit. I really need to give it a chance cause I have heard nothing but good things about it.

Same thing happened with Eternal Darkness. I played for like 5 minutes and turned it off and didn't end up playing it for a year. When I finally gave it a chance it become my FAVORITE cube game.

SM
Dec 28th, 2004, 01:32 PM
get goleneye nightfire (like goldeneye ), or if u like 3rd person action everything or nothing

rogue agent and agent under fire are pahetic.

as u can tell i like bond games ;)

Scotso
Dec 28th, 2004, 06:05 PM
I have one but I don't play it now that I've got an Xbox.

Halardfan
Dec 28th, 2004, 09:31 PM
Jarrett, Animal Crossing is great, especially with a few friends to take up the other houses in the village...it helps make a weird virtual community! I also love the way its in real-time...the date and time you play are reflected in the game world...special days are celebrated, there is always something going on...

For me Nintendo are the greatest games maker in the world, they put their rivals in the shade.

If you put together a list of the best 10 games on the three main systems I think its the Gamecube which rules the roost.

babolat#1
Dec 28th, 2004, 10:02 PM
I have a play2 with to tennis game! Smash Court tennis pro tournament 2 and Sega Sport Tennis!

SuperRevelation
Dec 28th, 2004, 10:05 PM
Yes i have a Gamecube. Mario Power Tennis rocks!

jbone_0307
Dec 29th, 2004, 01:28 AM
get goleneye nightfire (like goldeneye ), or if u like 3rd person action everything or nothing

rogue agent and agent under fire are pahetic.

as u can tell i like bond games ;)

You did. So goldeneye nightfire is like the original Goldeneye 007 for N64???? Good!! Could you describe it because I have rogue agent and I really didn't like the multiplayer. The guns looked sooo unrealistic. Does nightfire have split screen multiplayer action where you can battle against your friends and things.

SM
Dec 29th, 2004, 03:23 AM
nightfire is the closest to goldeneye. i actually preferred nightfire but its a bit on the short side...

multiplayer is really good. u can have about 6 bots, theres lots of modes, lots of maps. its fun..

e.o.n is different. its a 3rd person game but many think its the best since goldeneye...but its a different style..

jbone_0307
Dec 29th, 2004, 03:56 AM
ooh. What is EON?? lol. What do you mean by on the short side?? Like on nightfire are there like a lot of people to select from, can you choose the kind of guns you want, if the guns are realistic, can you choose like time or how many points. Compare it to goldeneye, before I buy it. I rented rogue agent and was very disappointed. The guns just turned me off.

Mike
Dec 29th, 2004, 02:00 PM
EON is Everything or Nothing ;) Can't say I've ever played it though

I own a GC and I love it! With games such as Zelda : Wind Waker, Super Mario Sunshine, Resident Evil Remake and Resident Evil 0, Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Super Smash Bros Melee, etc.

Only thing disappointing about it is the lack of tennis games :lol: But I play on my bros PS2 for that ;)