PDA

View Full Version : Alicia's Rebound Ace Renaissance!!!

Lemonskin.
Dec 17th, 2004, 08:12 AM
Hey all :wavey:

Noticed this forum is a little dead recently. I thought we could talk about how we think Alicia will go in Sydney & Melbourne!!!

CMON Alicia!!! Let's see you tear apart the local circuit :D

petey_pan
Dec 20th, 2004, 10:54 AM
Im actually REALLY worried..... alicia's at a pretty critical stage now coz everyone expects her to do so well and im not sure how she will handle the pressure infront of home crowds

broncosven
Dec 20th, 2004, 07:34 PM
While Alicia has the ability to beat top players . . and has shown it, she would of never faced this much pressure going into any tournament before

I hope she does awesome in Hopman, Sydney and Melbourne

Lemonskin.
Dec 21st, 2004, 07:19 PM
I personally think that Alicia will deal with the pressure well.

Think back to the Olympics. She said that [the Bronze playoff] was the most pressure she'd ever been under. And even though she faced an opponent who was not 100% on top of her game, she pulled through.

I read the article on Alicia in the Daily Telegraph yesterday titled "Going for Broke" (and was dirty that it wasn't on the net so I could post it, because it was an excellent article). She says the biggest improvement in her game over the last year or two is that in the big points in a game, she used to just always play safe and hope for a mistake from her opponent. Not anymore. Now she tries just as hard to win those points as any others.

Good Luck Alicia :D

martinafan
Dec 22nd, 2004, 09:37 PM
Good Luck Alicia!

Hopefully she can use the Hopman Cup as an excellent starting block and really use it to work out the small tweaks in her game. Might also put her in a relaxed state of mind to start the year!

I'm sure she can do well, i just hope she doesn't let the pressure get to her!

And good luck to Kuznetsova/Molik too! THey should be an awesome team!!!!

PointBlank
Dec 24th, 2004, 06:06 PM
Gah I hope she doesnt pull a Mauresmo in front of the home crowd :(

Wiggly
Dec 27th, 2004, 07:28 AM
Aicia will wins her first Australian Open in 2005 :)

Mr_Molik
Dec 27th, 2004, 09:50 AM
Alicia will wins her first Australian Open in 2005 :)i second that ;) :worship:

Wiggly
Dec 27th, 2004, 09:59 AM
I hope all peoples in your country will chear her! She looks so good and so cool! I hope I will see her matches on TV or on live-scoring!

Mr_Molik
Dec 27th, 2004, 10:09 AM
i can guarantee that the crowd will be fully behind her in every match she plays! most of her matches will be on the big courts so theres a good chance you'll get to see her play

Wiggly
Dec 27th, 2004, 10:13 AM
Before Aussi Open, I think she will wins Hopman Cup :)
I hope Canadian Tv will show her matches :bounce:

Lemonskin.
Jan 1st, 2005, 02:29 PM
I'm going to the final at Medibank International... Hoping for a Molik/Dementieva final :hearts: :tennis:

So glad I'm getting Foxtel too... I can see allo Alicia's matches!!!

Wiggly
Jan 1st, 2005, 03:37 PM
You are lucky! I'm not sure but I think Candian TV will only show finals of Aussie Open :confused: :eek: :sad: :mad: :o :fiery: :tape:

Lemonskin.
Jan 1st, 2005, 11:58 PM
:( Yeah Free-to-air TV here is crap too... We'd get like 3 slam matches a day during the slams...

Lemonskin.
Jan 2nd, 2005, 03:32 AM
Feel free to worship Alicia in the Australian Open forum

Awesome Alicia's Aussie Assault
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=145315