PDA

View Full Version : Kim Clijsters likely to use up a wildcard!!

AUSBOY
Dec 11th, 2004, 03:23 AM
Kim Clijsters hasnt entered the Aust Open. Apparently she is gonna decide the week before and if given the all clear will then request a wildcard!

Also Monica Seles is assessing her future in January and has said if she doesnt play the Australian Open she will almost definitely retire, so its quite possible that she too may request a wildcard the week before!!

I dont have a problem with Monica using one but Kim should have entered in the first place!

rusty_red_head
Dec 11th, 2004, 03:29 AM
I read this morning that Kim isn't going to play in oz cause of her wrist. Also Hewitt has been out and about with Bec Cartwright (home and away actress)

Mr_Molik
Dec 11th, 2004, 03:37 AM
she better not :mad:

Mattographer
Dec 11th, 2004, 08:06 AM
I would piss off if Kim asked for one! Like AUSBOY said before, she should have entered in the first place!

broncosven
Dec 11th, 2004, 07:03 PM
ditto

mabye if she was still aussie kim . . but she aint that no more . . our aussies girls should get the remaining after the french and asain

Mattographer
Dec 11th, 2004, 07:44 PM
I would give WC to Jelena Dokic over Kim Clijsters anytime because Dokic LIVED in Australia for years! So, that's fine with me but Clijsters? :rolleyes:

~|Naomi|~
Dec 12th, 2004, 01:47 AM
I dont have a problem with Monica using one but Kim should have entered in the first place!

And why? Shouldn't it be one rule for all?

But really please relax, Kim isn't going to be fit, she has been told by her medical team Sydney is too soon so what is one more week. She just wants it known she isn't avoiding it cause of her ex. Kim can't even hit a backhand at the moment she is training but no backhands, she isn't going to push it even if there is a 1% risk she isn't prepared to take it, she has said Antwerp she will be ready for sure and that is like one month after the AO 1st round.

AUSBOY
Dec 12th, 2004, 04:40 AM
Cos she is a previous champion and they have a wildcard rule for former champs, plus has no rank

~|Naomi|~
Dec 12th, 2004, 08:53 AM
Oh okay then fair enough, but I still don't think she will play.

Aussie_chic
Dec 12th, 2004, 12:17 PM
Hmm. I see that maybe Kim could wana show she isn't hiding from the AO or Aussies or whateva (which would be stupid neway. I met her and liked her 4 her not for her bf and I still like Lleyton cos OF CORSE he's an Aussie.) But she doesn't wanna get ppl annoyed thinkin she just presumes she will be given a WC. I think she prob should have just entered and shown she was not scared and then withdrawn closer to the date if not in condition.

I don't think she will play. If she did she would be grateful for the wildcard I'm sure. They are worth so much to the Aussie girls.

As for Monica. It is really her only way. She couldn't get in. But I'd like to think America would show us hospitality in return if we ever were in a similar situation. I'm sure Monica would also be grateful and only play if she thought she could make use of the WC.

Pity that the valuable WCs r in real non-Aussie demand.

Oh and bout Bec! I say tennis has really been making some off court headlines this yr thanks to Lleyton and Mark! Hmmm. They did look cute together. Bec seems like a real sweet girl newayz. I guess we'll c!

~|Naomi|~
Dec 12th, 2004, 09:48 PM
But she doesn't wanna get ppl annoyed thinkin she just presumes she will be given a WC. I think she prob should have just entered and shown she was not scared and then withdrawn closer to the date if not in condition.

How is it an assumption? McNamee has said if she wants one she can have one. Why should she have entered, so she could get fined again when she withdraws? No this way is much easier she makes it known she would play if she could and it costs her nothing.

As for Monica. It is really her only way. She couldn't get in. But I'd like to think America would show us hospitality in return if we ever were in a similar situation. I'm sure Monica would also be grateful and only play if she thought she could make use of the WC.

Does she not have a protected ranking she could use?

Aussie_chic
Dec 13th, 2004, 06:50 AM
No this way is much easier she makes it known she would play if she could and it costs her nothing.

What is the fine though? Because I'm sure she could afford it. The monetary fine would be less of a loss to her than the Aussie girls loss of a chance to play the AO (iMO.)

I don't know about if Monica has a protected rank? If so then surely she wouldn't need a WC which would be gr8.

ALSO to answer ur qu
An article released off her website is where I thought the idea she presumed a wilcard would be given could come about.

"Should the injury be healed properly by the time the tournament starts, she WILL get a wild card from the organisation."

I know this is not her words but yeah it does make it appear she expects one. But seriously I doubt Kim would have played this much into it when making the decision.

Btw i'm not trying to have a crack at Kim. She's like my second favourite player. I was just assessing the situation.

Aussie_chic
Dec 13th, 2004, 01:13 PM
Btw. Didn't know Mc Namee had said that. And also Monica should get direct entry cos she is on Gold Exempt list so I guess thats def another WC safe to an Aussie.