PDA

View Full Version : Gabriela Sabatina is Lesbian?

40-0
Dec 9th, 2004, 08:25 PM
I saw this once and I was like :confused:
I was watching some videos from 1991 of her and she looks kinda mainly
shes lesbian? :confused:

Grohl
Dec 9th, 2004, 08:30 PM
looks don't say anything

Helen Lawson
Dec 9th, 2004, 08:33 PM
There have been rumors based on lack of a husband or visible boyfriend and her build, but I doubt we'll ever really know.

Just like we'll never really know if the Conquerer caused me, Endora, John Wayne and others all those big problems down the line.

miranda_lou
Dec 9th, 2004, 08:38 PM
I only know she's beautiful.:kiss: :hearts: Nothing else should matter.:rolleyes: :tape:

Grohl
Dec 9th, 2004, 08:44 PM
I only know she's beautiful.:kiss: :hearts: Nothing else should matter.:rolleyes: :tape:
yes, she is beautiful, but the fact that she played amazing tennis, doesn't that matter just a little bit???

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 9th, 2004, 10:15 PM
looks do say something... frankly, she has a bit of a manly build, a slightly manish walk, and as someone stated, no visible boyfriend or anything

im not saying she is, but looks really do say something. gaby is very hot though, loved the maxim shots.

apoet29
Dec 9th, 2004, 10:22 PM
looks do say something... frankly, she has a bit of a manly build, a slightly manish walk, and as someone stated, no visible boyfriend or anything

im not saying she is, but looks really do say something. gaby is very hot though, loved the maxim shots.
I think you are stereotyping a bit here. Just because a woman is not overly feminine that does not mean she is gay and vice versa. I have known many lesbian students who are very feminine and had no masculine traits whatsoever. A person's sexuality is very complex and cannot be determined just by their build or walk.

As for her sexual orientation, that's Gaby's business. If she's gay, that's cool. If she's not, that's cool too.

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 9th, 2004, 10:24 PM
I think you are stereotyping a bit here. Just because a woman is not overly feminine that does not mean she is gay and vice versa. I have known many lesbian students who are very feminine and had no masculine traits whatsoever. A person's sexuality is very complex and cannot be determined just by their build or walk.

As for her sexual orientation, that's Gaby's business. If she's gay, that's cool. If she's not, that's cool too.
True, but looks do sometimes say things though, that's all I'm saying. Along with the points I made, her heavy topspin style and one-handed backhand is a 'manly' style if you will. Yes, there are bunches of straight females who play that way I'm sure, and im not suggesting the gaby IS a lesbian, I'm just saying that it's normal for people to have suspicion about it. doesn't matter though.

apoet29
Dec 9th, 2004, 10:30 PM
True, but looks do sometimes say things though, that's all I'm saying. Along with the points I made, her heavy topspin style and one-handed backhand is a 'manly' style if you will. Yes, there are bunches of straight females who play that way I'm sure, and im not suggesting the gaby IS a lesbian, I'm just saying that it's normal for people to have suspicion about it. doesn't matter though.
I do understand what you are saying, but as I said before, just because she has a certain masculine style, that does not make her a lesbian. Look how hard the Williams sisters serve or what a heavy topspin Davenport hits the ball or how masculine, to a degree, that their bodies look. Does that make anyone think their lesbians? Of course not.

People have always suspected that Gaby was a lesbian because she was always very private about her personal life. Unlike other female athletes, who always seem to have a boyfriend on their arm or have pictures taken of them and their boyfriend making out on a beach ;) , Gaby never went down that road. That is why people suspect she is a lesbian. It really has nothing to do with her body or her style of play.

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 9th, 2004, 10:36 PM
I do understand what you are saying, but as I said before, just because she has a certain masculine style, that does not make her a lesbian. Look how hard the Williams sisters serve or what a heavy topspin Davenport hits the ball or how masculine, to a degree, that their bodies look. Does that make anyone think their lesbians? Of course not.

People have always suspected that Gaby was a lesbian because she was always very private about her personal life. Unlike other female athletes, who always seem to have a boyfriend on their arm or have pictures taken of them and their boyfriend making out on a beach ;) , Gaby never went down that road. That is why people suspect she is a lesbian. It really has nothing to do with her body or her style of play.
I agree with the entire post except the point you made about her body and style having nothing to do with it... if someone had the stature of jelena dokic for example and they were very private, i highly, highly doubt anyone would suspect anything unless she was seen with a woman or something

Greenout
Dec 9th, 2004, 11:40 PM
She use to be my favorite tennis players, and the reason I got into
tennis viewing. I suspect and most people that she's Bi. Ok- there
you go. Really it doesn't change anything about how great she is.

If you dated Michael Bolton like Gabby did, you'd want to
keep personal about your love life! :tape: :scared:

*Really, we do not want to ever hear about you and Michael Bolton,
never again! :lol:

mykarma
Dec 9th, 2004, 11:45 PM
shes lesbian? :confused:Who cares? Her sexual orientation is her business.

faboozadoo15
Dec 9th, 2004, 11:52 PM
i remember loving watching her playing tennis but never understood all the hype around her looks UNTIL she retired. she's such an attractive woman these days in her post tennis life. <-- that said, none of that had anything to do with her sexual orientation ;) i'm just saying that i had thought the same thing (her walk, the way she played her build)... but whatever she is, i hope she's having a good life!

Dawn Marie
Dec 9th, 2004, 11:53 PM
I agree with apoet and yet she comes off as a lesbian go figure.

I know this is not right, but she strikes me as being a straight up Dyke I don't think she is even bisexual.

If Momo never came out I would think she was a lesbian as well. It may stereotyping but sometimes you can just tell if a man or a woman happens to be gay. yet sometimes you can't tell at all.

Albireo
Dec 10th, 2004, 12:21 AM
FWIW, Sabatini was stung pretty badly in the late 80s when the guy she was dating (Frank Unkelbach was the name, IIRC) sold details of her sexual proclivities to one of the British tabloids for a nice paycheck.

Sabatinifan
Dec 10th, 2004, 12:40 AM
Thanks Albireo, I was trying to think of that jerkoff's name, no matter what I will always be a Sabatinifan because she was such a nice person off court, in 1994 she was the only person on a panel of top 10 or 20 players that blocked a resolution on Seles' ranking.

Nati
Dec 10th, 2004, 12:49 AM
I am from argentina and all we know that Grabiela isn't lesbian, so shut up...... Vamos Gaby!!!!!!!!!! Sos lo mas!!!

40-0
Dec 10th, 2004, 01:03 AM
I am from argentina and all we know that Grabiela isn't lesbian, so shut up...... Vamos Gaby!!!!!!!!!! Sos lo mas!!!

Hahha excusame pues! Solo preguntaba, de hecho era una duda, porque lo lei en una revista y no lo pude creer, solo preguntaba :rolleyes: :p

Gabriela azsab
Dec 10th, 2004, 06:14 AM
Yes, if you see what is written about her here in Argentina, you will know she is not a les. Because of all the guys she dated, and the "Masculine look" you talk about was all tennis muscles, if you see her now, she look like a model. She looks out of this world, very beautiful and different from her tennis life.

:bounce:
!!Vamos Gaby!! :worship: :worship: :bounce: :worship: :worship:
:wavey:

On her fan site they found these recently, beautiful photos. Its PDF file.

http://www.cosmopolitan-cosmetics.com/cosmopolitan/cosmetics_com_en.nsf/cacheindex/CMSBBF4FADEA5F5F3AAC1256ED300339345/$file/Glueckspost.pdf.pdf

http://www.cosmopolitan-cosmetics.com/cosmopolitan/cosmetics_com_en.nsf/cacheindex/CMSE76B95BCB72E493DC1256F1900473BA2/$file/GS_LT.nochkleiner.pdf

http://www.cosmopolitan-cosmetics.com/cosmopolitan/cosmetics_com_en.nsf/cacheindex/CMS63B4084A2A791F91C1256C620053D89E

:wavey:

alexusjonesfan
Dec 10th, 2004, 06:56 AM
Once in a blue moon, a thread comes along, reaffirming our gravest suspicions about the age and maturity level of wtaworld posters :o

Crazy Canuck
Dec 10th, 2004, 07:46 AM
Once in a blue moon, a thread comes along, reaffirming our gravest suspicions about the age and maturity level of wtaworld posters :o
:lol:

gabsab1670
Dec 10th, 2004, 10:06 AM
Not at all. I'm from Argentina too, and we all know she is not a lesbian. She went out with many guys here, she had an affair with Leo Montero, Axel Fernando (an argentinian singer), Ricky Martin or Carlito Menem (the argentinian president's son who died in 1995) etc. I know people always thought she was a lesbian but I can promise you she is not. Now she looks like a top model, I saw her recently in a restaurant and she was so beautiful that I couldn't stop watching her... Waouhhhh she is one of the most beautiful argentinian women :hearts:

So please stop saying she is a lesbian because she wants to keep her private life only for her and because of her former body (she lost all the muscles now and she is gorgeous) :fiery:

Gabriela te quiero más cada día, sos hermosa ! :kiss:

Gab :wavey:

Mark Spruce
Dec 10th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Well thanks for the great photos of her.

A huge Gaby fan from the Falklands

regards

Mark

skanky~skanketta
Dec 10th, 2004, 11:52 AM
would it matter if she was?

GrantyBoy
Dec 10th, 2004, 12:02 PM
I wouldn't say that Gabriela Sabatini was gay anymore than Monica Seles - I think they are probably both very private about boyfriends.

Fantastic
Dec 10th, 2004, 01:40 PM
Yep, I'm being superficial, but I think it'd be really cool if Gaby was gay.

Btw, what does Gaby do with herself these days? Is she a woman of leisure, or is she doing lots of charity work and just playing the odd exhibition match? Or does she have a new career in another occupation?

BeautifulGirl
Dec 10th, 2004, 03:30 PM

maybe you're the lesbian :rolleyes: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Grohl
Dec 10th, 2004, 07:18 PM
maybe, just maybe, the manly muscular look, comes from playing tennis??????????????

Joe Pendleton
Dec 10th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Gabriela had a fling with Henri Leconte. It only lasted for a brief period though.

Grohl
Dec 10th, 2004, 07:28 PM
it doesn't mean that because a woman doesn't have a boyfriend at the moment, she's a lesbian, how many would there be then???

Sabatinifan
Dec 10th, 2004, 07:32 PM
Btw, what does Gaby do with herself these days? Is she a woman of leisure, or is she doing lots of charity work and just playing the odd exhibition match? Or does she have a new career in another occupation?

She does exhibitions now and then, apparently from Wertheim's mailbag she's playing Hingis in a Feb. exhibition, I have no other details about it though. She has a parfume line under Wella cosmetics I think and a some other small business ventures I think. Rula Azar has a good website I don't have the link but if you Google seach Gabriela you'll find it,

Grohl
Dec 10th, 2004, 07:34 PM
yeah, she's coming to antwerp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

40-0
Dec 10th, 2004, 08:03 PM
you guys are so mean, i was just asking cause i read that in a magazine and i wanted to know cause i couldnt believe it. Ug!

Joe Pendleton
Dec 10th, 2004, 08:18 PM
you guys are so mean, i was just asking cause i read that in a magazine and i wanted to know cause i couldnt believe it. Ug!

So, you don’t believe everything you read - no harm in this.

SerialKiller#69
Dec 10th, 2004, 09:16 PM
I agree. The first time I saw Mauresmo. I said to myself, she's lesbian. Same with Kuznetsova and Molik.

Joe Pendleton
Dec 10th, 2004, 09:19 PM
I agree. The first time I saw Mauresmo. I said to myself, she's lesbian. Same with Kuznetsova and Molik.

Are Kuznetsova and Molik lesbian?

flyingmachine
Dec 10th, 2004, 09:28 PM
Oh please, not again. :rolleyes:

Grohl
Dec 12th, 2004, 02:27 PM
here we go again...

miranda_lou
Dec 13th, 2004, 01:38 AM
FWIW, Sabatini was stung pretty badly in the late 80s when the guy she was dating (Frank Unkelbach was the name, IIRC) sold details of her sexual proclivities to one of the British tabloids for a nice paycheck.
I remember that. Gaby was deeply hurt. Was he also the guy who called her a "fat pig" because of her muscles? Really nasty piece of work.

I remember she had a fling with Laconte but can't remember if it was before or after Steffi had a fling with Laconte. Old Henri was the typical handsome Frenchman!! I loved him.

joaco
Dec 13th, 2004, 02:25 AM
Let me say this once more.... SHE IS NOT A LESBIAN. She's straight. Guys are mainly intimidated by her. She's said thousands of times she'd love to get together with someone and form a family someday

Joaco

Albireo
Dec 13th, 2004, 03:44 AM
I remember that. Gaby was deeply hurt. Was he also the guy who called her a "fat pig" because of her muscles? Really nasty piece of work.

I remember she had a fling with Laconte but can't remember if it was before or after Steffi had a fling with Laconte. Old Henri was the typical handsome Frenchman!! I loved him.

Mr. Unkelbach was quoted as saying that Sabatini "waddled like a fat duck." Don't know about the use of the term "pig," though. I also remember how unkind John Feinstein was toward Sabatini in the writing of Hard Courts; the book has nothing nice to say about her, despite recounting the 1990 season-- the one in which she won the US Open.

Grohl
Dec 13th, 2004, 08:22 AM
Let me say this once more.... SHE IS NOT A LESBIAN. She's straight. Guys are mainly intimidated by her. She's said thousands of times she'd love to get together with someone and form a family someday

Joaco
I hate to bust your bubble, but... 2 women can start a family these days :bounce:

samsung101
Jul 11th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Used the search feature at WTA World and
came up on this line of posts, and I think
she does have a boyfriend named Mariano.
The same guy she's been seen with for
years. I do not know what his last name
is or what he does. Hang out with her I guess.
What else does he need to do?

The poster who mentioned the guys she
dated was right. She does not seem to
live with a guy or travel exclusively with
one man. Maybe that's why she gets that
label a lot. She seems to hang out with
her family and best friends a lot, and this
same guy.

She does look a lot different (I think so anyway)
than she used to. She was big. Even fans have
to admit she was huge for some periods. She lost
the bulky weight and muscles though a long time
ago. She did look too much like a guy in some
ways. That's a fair thing to say.

The pictures from the Graf and Hingis matches
show you how she looks now. Very different from
her early playing time.

I do not think she would be able to keep that a
secret in Argentina if she was. Not that it should
matter. But, the media that likes her would be just
as eager to tear her down I think. Look at what they
do to Maradona and guys like Beckham. If there is
some dirt or gossip, it gets front pages. She just
seems to live a quiet personal life, and likes it that
way.

sunset
Jul 12th, 2005, 12:54 AM
She is very beautiful in many ways. I don't thinks she's gay. I just don't get that feeling about her.

AliBoss
Jul 12th, 2005, 01:25 AM
:tape:

Sonja
Jul 12th, 2005, 02:01 AM

Since this tired thread/topic has been bumped; I'll just :worship: apoet29's very wise post!

samsung101
Jul 12th, 2005, 05:08 PM
You're right, it's her business. But, people were writing
she was gay because of the way she looked (bulky and
manly), and not being in a public relationship with a guy.

The way she looked then and now is very different, and
is not a factor in her orientation - you're right again.
We have to talk about something I guess!

As for her public and private relationships - Tom Cruise.
That guy is all over the place with his newfound public
love, and I don't buy it for one second. So much for
being in public.

If anything, I think his new Cruise personality has
more people asking questions, then answering them.

Gaby just seems to be with this one guy, and has a
low key thing going there. He seems to show up in
pictures with her all the time. If she started jumping
on couches like Cruise about her 'love', I'd think she
was hiding something.

VeeDaQueen
Jul 12th, 2005, 05:35 PM
I thought Mauresmo was gay aswell, when I first saw her. I didn't find out she was a lesbian until two years later.

samsung101
Jul 12th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Mauresmo never really kept it a secret did she?
Her girlfriend was there for her, and they were
public about their relationship. It's been many
years now.

I never thought Gaby was gay until others
mentioned it, but that's not usual for a female
athlete is it? Most get that kind of unnecessary
commentary being a female athlete.

Sam's Slave
Jul 12th, 2005, 09:53 PM
didn't you know that all tennis players (even the married) are lesbians? the whole wta tour is lesbian. they just play tennis to be close to each other and why do you think player partys are called player partys? ;)

leinink
Jul 13th, 2005, 05:09 PM

I'm sure he was a pig and all, but would you recount those details for the rest of us here in the mudpen?

ToeTag
Jul 13th, 2005, 05:23 PM
As for her public and private relationships - Tom Cruise.
That guy is all over the place with his newfound public
love, and I don't buy it for one second. So much for
being in public.

If anything, I think his new Cruise personality has
more people asking questions, then answering them.

Gaby just seems to be with this one guy, and has a
low key thing going there. He seems to show up in
pictures with her all the time. If she started jumping
on couches like Cruise about her 'love', I'd think she
was hiding something Geeez, the guy can't win!! When he was low key with his first two marriages ppl still said he was gay..now he isn't low key, and he is still gay. :lol: didn't you know that all tennis players (even the married) are lesbians? the whole wta tour is lesbian. they just play tennis to be close to each other and why do you think player partys are called player partys? :lol: :lol:

Back to Gaby. I remember that story with some stooge named Frank...maybe he turned Gaby gay.lol ;) :p

samsung101
Jul 13th, 2005, 06:08 PM
I didn't mean to imply he was gay. I was talking
about how fake the Katie-Tom thing seems, it
seems manufactured, movie publicity.

I'm aware of the rumors though, but it wasn't
my intention on the post

I just think the Oprah thing was ridiculous, and
the engagement looks fake too. Just my
opinion.

If Gaby all of a sudden showed up everywhere with
someone no one had ever seen her with, doing things