PDA

View Full Version : Serena Sounds Off on Access Hollywood

Wendy Williams
Dec 9th, 2004, 07:33 AM
Even as I luxuriated in the fake interview on the radio on Monday I knew it was phony because Serena's not that kind of person.

http://images.ibsys.com/2004/1208/3982721_200X150.jpg

Serena Sounds Off

UPDATED: 2:30 PM PST December 8, 2004

Access HollywoodThere's no denying Serena Williams is a tennis great, and she is in a great relationship with Hollywood director, Brett Ratner. But when a report came out claiming Serena said she would only date white men, she came out swinging like never before.

"The sad thing about it is no one really sees all the positives. It's like when something negative comes out about you they see all the negatives and so they never see the positive so it's going to be a little hard to kind of... Oh I don't want to cry," said Serena as she choked up during out interview.

Serena was shocked and horrified to tears over what she claims is a bogus interview sent to the internet.

"I hate crying. But it's just you work so hard and someone would do this," Serena told Access.

The tennis champ's tears were quickly replaced by controlled rage during our interview.

"I don't know who would fabricate such vicious and vile sayings," said Serena.

It's alleged quotes in the interview such as "I dated black. I love many of them, but they were just not suitable for marriage" that upset Serena.

"My dad is a black man. Why would I say anything negative that could affect the way I could feel about my own father," she said.

There was another quote claiming Serena said: "If Oprah would date outside of her race she would be married with children now."

Serena was visibly upset while talking about these alleged quotes.

"It was just horrible. I mean I allegedly mentioned Oprah Winfrey's name. To be honest she's my role model. When I see Oprah I can't even say hi to her," said Serena.

There was also a part of the interview that mentioned Serena's aforementioned boyfriend, Brett Ratner.

"I told him about it because it even was negative towards him. Because apparently I said I didn't have a boyfriend right now and it even mentioned I wanted to date other women," said Serena. "But he doesn't believe these things."

But what the vicious article threatens most is Serena's charity work.

"Being a part of Ronald McDonald's house charities, it means a lot to us," she said. "I'm a role model for kids and I always do positive things and never in my life have I said anything negative about myself, my race, anything."

Serena's damage control has already begun.

"I'm going on like 20 different radio stations waking up at four in the morning to do all of them... It's a shame I have to do something like this for something that never really happened."

Knizzle
Dec 9th, 2004, 08:42 AM
I'm sorry this happened to her, it better not end up affecting her reputation, or heads will roll.

Cam'ron Giles
Dec 9th, 2004, 12:52 PM
I'm sorry this happened to her, it better not end up affecting her reputation, or heads will roll.
Knizz, you scare me...:scared:

kabuki
Dec 9th, 2004, 01:02 PM
No one in their right mind is going to believe that kind of crap came out of Serena's mouth. I just hope they figure out who did it. So we can sit around and whoop their ass. :lol:

Paneru
Dec 9th, 2004, 01:31 PM
No one in their right mind is going to believe that kind of crap came out of Serena's mouth. I just hope they figure out who did it. So we can sit around and whoop their ass. :lol:

Serena will get first crack at 'em though. :cool:

From her website:

Setting the Record Straight

12/8/04 7:42 PM

Hey everyone!!

I know some of my fans out there have heard some news about this alleged interview that I supposedly did. First this interview was and is completely bogus! It never took place!! I never did this interview!!!!

I was so shocked when I first heard about it. Actually I thought someone was kidding, and I thought it was a joke. The fact that someone out there would take someone’s image and deface it so is completely unfair.

I was sitting in NY when I got a text message from my best friend Diondria (she always tells me gossip about my self) saying there was a rumor about me in Atlanta. I thought that is was something about me hanging out at a party. Because when I was in Atlanta there was this big party that I DID NOT GO TO, but I figured that they probably said that I went anyways just to start some gossip. Well she told me that it was a bout an interview that I did. I remember thinking I never did an interview... But she was telling me some of the stuff that was being said and I told her "whatever". Thinking it was just a joke.

That night people were calling me everywhere. I was so sad and mad that I thought I was going to puke. Since then I had to go on 5 radio stations starting at 4am.

It is just a shame and unfortunate that someone would write that and dare I mention that they did not have the guts to put their name on the article! But hopefully soon I will be able to look at this a few days from now and dust my shoulder off.

Thank you all for all the support and love!

Rocketta
Dec 9th, 2004, 04:33 PM
I'm in for the Ass Whoopin party..............:armed:

hablo
Dec 9th, 2004, 05:38 PM
Serena's not my fav but I'm quite unhappy to hear that someone is yet again trying to take down a (black) successful woman! C'est d'une bassesse. . . .écoeurant! :mad: :o :fiery: :rolleyes:

bandabou
Dec 9th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Dissapointing to hear that things like this still can happen in this age and day.....:rolleyes:

Saved!
Dec 9th, 2004, 06:42 PM
Always trying to disprespect and keep a sista down. I'm tired of this civil war we still live in. It's time we all stand up and say we ain't gonna take this shit no mo'. First slavery and now these lies of this talented and beautiful black nubian princess. I'm angry and I will not tolerate this bullshit.