PDA

View Full Version : Where does Lina K fits into this next season?

smarties
Dec 9th, 2004, 12:20 AM
When we think about the russian revolution, I think we tend to forget Lina K :o , she's been injured and she took some time off to get married but I think she's one to watch for. She's a power player, she's got the size, she's got a great backhand and a terrific forehand down the line and her service, althought not a weapon, is pretty good (especially her 1st serve). She's verry calm on court and quite strong mentally. I think she only needs to get in better shape and I think she could be up there with her other ''sisters'' ;) I think she can be top 15 and even top 10. What do you think :confused:

the cat
Dec 9th, 2004, 12:24 AM
I just want Lina back playing full time again. Just 2 years ago her career was so promising. Then the Rebound Ace induced ankle injury at the 2002 Australian Open and subsequent incorrect medical treatment set Lina back so much that it's been hard for her to overcome that. Good luck to Lina in 2005. :D

I'm sure TBE will be posting in this Lina thread.

Gowza
Dec 9th, 2004, 02:02 AM
she has talent, her time is running out tho imo, im a fan but the last couple of years havent looked too promising for lina. would be good to see her back playing tennis tho.

SpikeyAidanm
Dec 9th, 2004, 02:35 AM
2001 - Rise into top 30
2002 - fall out of top 100
2003 - Rise into top 30
2004 - fall out of top 100
2005 - Rise into top 30 - get the pattern :p

TheBoiledEgg
Dec 9th, 2004, 04:03 AM
Mostly it depends on her health/fitness.

but she's been training pretty much every day for last few weeks and is ready to comeback :) hopefully no setbacks between now and new season :)

I'm sure she'll comeback strong next yr.
Just hope she can get a lucky break and stay fit for once.

sabandborg
Dec 9th, 2004, 05:23 AM

but she's been training pretty much every day for last few weeks and is ready to comeback :) hopefully no setbacks between now and new season :)

Pure respect. My sincere appreciation for your contributions!

Best regards!

Prizeidiot
Dec 9th, 2004, 07:03 AM
Lina K rocks! And she's not running out of time... she's still 20. She's got a pretty nice game, so injury forbidding, she'll do well

smarties
Dec 10th, 2004, 12:20 AM

:bounce: nice to ear that she's been training hard; it's the aspect of her game that she's got to improve, her conditionning.

Jem
Dec 10th, 2004, 02:43 AM
She's one of my favorites -- it's a shame she had all those injuries. She's young, however, and still has plenty of opportunity -- if only she can stay fit and healthy! Here's wishing her a great 2005 -- off and on the court!

Topher950
Dec 10th, 2004, 04:24 AM
Shes one of my favs with Monica...and K-lina!! Go LINA K in 2005

David Barker
Dec 11th, 2004, 11:33 AM
When we think about the russian revolution, I think we tend to forget Lina K :o , she's been injured and she took some time off to get married but I think she's one to watch for. She's a power player, she's got the size, she's got a great backhand and a terrific forehand down the line and her service, althought not a weapon, is pretty good (especially her 1st serve). She's verry calm on court and quite strong mentally. I think she only needs to get in better shape and I think she could be up there with her other ''sisters'' ;) I think she can be top 15 and even top 10. What do you think :confused:

Having seen what she can do against Clijsters in Toronto she could be Top 10. I think she is better than Vera Z. HOWEVER she needs some luck with her health, and her fitness could be improved with a fitness coach. GOOD LUCK in 2005 LINA.

goldenlox
Dec 11th, 2004, 03:34 PM
I don't think Lina K. has ever had a long healthy period in her career.
She's reached a Tier I final, so she has some game.
She needs good luck at staying healthy.

jonny84
Dec 11th, 2004, 04:21 PM
I find it surprising that Lina only has reached No.25 in the world and has only one ITF singles title and one WTA doubles title.

TheBoiledEgg
Dec 11th, 2004, 05:14 PM
I find it surprising that Lina only has reached No.25 in the world and has only one ITF singles title and one WTA doubles title.Lina never really played ITF Circuit
played 3 10k's as a 14 yr old, winning one. Then she moved rapidly up ranks with a SF in Luxembourg, then a 2nd rd in Moscow 99, that took her to around 165.
She played WTA events from then on, apart from Sarasota 75k where she lost to Panova.
Lina only played Tier I's and II's after she turned 16 with odd Tier III
until she got injured.
Was same in 03, only big events.

Doubles is Doubles, playing big events is tougher, and she did good with Lena D, beat Williams :angel: but they play like 2 singles players.

Some players spend 2-3 yrs on ITF's before moving on.

David Barker
Dec 11th, 2004, 05:17 PM
:worship: :worship: Thanks (as ever) for all the Krasnoroutskaya/Tarasova info. VERY interesting.