PDA

View Full Version : Why do you prefer the womens game over the mens game?

king416
Dec 8th, 2004, 04:14 PM
For me, its because the ralleys are always longer and the points are based more around shot making than big serves. I still enjoy the mens game but when the game is based around a big serve it makes it less interesting to watch. The womens game also seems more tactical even tho i do like the power players such as serena and lindsay! What does every1 else think?

davidmario
Dec 8th, 2004, 04:32 PM
I like the womens game because there's more Sex on the court :drool:
Can't imagine to be a huge fan of an ATP-Player cuz I can't fall in love with them. :D :lol:

Amorc
Dec 8th, 2004, 04:54 PM
For me, its because the ralleys are always longer and the points are based more around shot making than big serves. I still enjoy the mens game but when the game is based around a big serve it makes it less interesting to watch. The womens game also seems more tactical even tho i do like the power players such as serena and lindsay! What does every1 else think?

Coria v Hewitt, Agassi v Federer MUCH more tactical matches than Serena v Sharapova could ever be.

Doraemon
Dec 8th, 2004, 05:00 PM
Because men's game has more deapth and variety. Women's game revolves around sheer power. It seems the more power a player possesses, the better she is in the rankings. In other words, no matter how skillful the player is, as long as she lacks in power, there's a limitation to how far she can get. On the ohter hand in men's tennis there are crafty players like Santro and Coria who, despite limited physique can match big guys.

Spunky83
Dec 8th, 2004, 05:03 PM
Because men's game has more deapth and variety. Women's game revolves around sheer power. It seems the more power a player possesses, the better she is in the rankings. In other words, no matter how skillful the player is, as long as she lacks in power, there's a limitation to how far she can get. On the ohter hand in men's tennis there are crafty players like Santro and Coria who, despite limited physique can match big guys.

Nastya;)

soos n the sis
Dec 8th, 2004, 05:11 PM
truthfully I like the WTA better cause Jennifer Capriati plays in it. that's what keeps it interesting to me. in the men's tour there isn't one guy that i really like, so I don't care about the results. other than that, the men's game is more about power. you got shorter rallies, those big serves and coming to the net right away. I like to see a point being worked on not rushed. When Tim Henman plays I rarely see the entire match, cause to me it's so boring the way he plays.

Crazy Canuck
Dec 8th, 2004, 05:15 PM
I don't ;)

!<blocparty>!
Dec 8th, 2004, 05:18 PM
I'm not sure about the rallies being longer. :shrug:

hmmm, I don't really know why I like the WTA more. When I was little, I only used to watch the mens matches at wimbledon, thinking the women were shit.

But I took to Lindsay, and she made me follow the game more :)

I agree there is much more variety in the mens game, but the women are catching up IMO. The depth is getting better all the time. The womens game needs to see great matches, frequently. Great matches in terms of drama AND quality of play were few and far between this year.

I think seeing two women hitting the shit of of the ball with a great atmosphere is better than a good mens match (for me) It's just really exiting and you're like "you go girl" when they hit a screaming winner :o

raquel
Dec 8th, 2004, 05:19 PM
I prefer the men's game, especially at the Grand Slams.

AjdeNate!
Dec 8th, 2004, 05:19 PM
More drama and more divas.
Well, I guess Roddick's a bit of a diva. :tape:

joaco
Dec 8th, 2004, 05:21 PM
I believe it is because of the personalities involved in the WTA. For example a match between Lindsay vs. Venus is just a lot more than a regular match between two champions. I don't think you get to see that often among men. Or for example Jen vs. Serena, those are incredible matches which have little extra 'something'. I don't know how to describe it, I just feel it that way.

Joaco

cheo23
Dec 8th, 2004, 05:22 PM
Say NO MoRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AGREE Completely
THE FRENCH Open is By Far My FAvorite On the MEns SIDE
Because there are LONG ASS RALLIES & GREAT SHots BEin Displayed!
THE CROWDS GEt Into the MEns Matches More than the Womens Matches!

Martian Willow
Dec 8th, 2004, 05:25 PM
The mens game is better tennis, but men as a species bore me.

Calimero377
Dec 8th, 2004, 05:34 PM

Easy - because Graf was a woman and therefore played women's tennis.

Princess Fiona
Dec 8th, 2004, 06:58 PM
Maybe this will sound awful (:o ) but I have a really bad concentration span (baaaaad :o ) and it is easier to watch a 3 set women's match than a 5 set men's match... I will watch a women's match, then I can go channel surfing... ;) And then I can return to the tennis/Internet/whatever... ;) I like men's tennis and I would like to see more men's tennis. I just think the women's game is easier to 'get hold of' for me... (At the moment... What was that about concentration span... :o ;) )

Grohl
Dec 8th, 2004, 07:00 PM
'cause they're women

Amorc
Dec 8th, 2004, 07:01 PM

Completely agree, Mens tennis is much better to watch IMO (since Hingis retired), but the arguments are much better on this forum :)

pav
Dec 8th, 2004, 07:17 PM
Can't be bothered watching those goddamn hairy arsed doodle swingers! sooner watch a pig eat a dead sheep, give Me those graceful beautiful, sexy, Women :drool: :drool: the hair, those breasts, the butts! the waists, those legs,the armpits(unfortunately mainly hairless)the rallies, the grunts,the sweat! sorry, I have to leave now!I've got to--

miranda_lou
Dec 8th, 2004, 07:44 PM
I prefer watching the men . . . did anybody catch last week's Davis Cup matches (ties)??? Incredible tennis!! :kiss: :hearts: The baselining Spanish beating up on the hard hitting Americans. Wonderful stuff!!! Especially the doubles. The women can't match it. The men are also more graceful than the women. Most of the big, hard hitting women are clumsy as hell. :lol: :lol:

However, I prefer this forum because everybody is so uncivilized!!:eek: It's much more fun. There's hardly ever an argument over on the mens forum and if one happens to break out, it's nipped in the budd by some fool with class.:lol: :tape:

Crazy Canuck
Dec 8th, 2004, 08:15 PM
I prefer watching the men . . . did anybody catch last week's Davis Cup matches (ties)??? Incredible tennis!! :kiss: :hearts: The baselining Spanish beating up on the hard hitting Americans. Wonderful stuff!!! Especially the doubles.

Especially the doubles? The Spaniards won 5 games :o But they MATCHED and looked so pretty :hearts:

Scotso
Dec 8th, 2004, 08:18 PM
I like the men's better. Less personalities that I hate.

Crazy Canuck
Dec 8th, 2004, 08:46 PM
I like the men's better. Less personalities that I hate.
And more asses that you love :yeah:

Martian Willow
Dec 8th, 2004, 08:51 PM
And more asses that you love :yeah:

You're so shallow. Almost as shallow as me.

Allez-H
Dec 8th, 2004, 08:51 PM
Because on the WTA,you have bitchfights a volonté and there's faaaaaaaaaaaar more drama going on that on the menstour where everybody,is everybody's friend.. ;)

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 8th, 2004, 09:03 PM
i love watching brainless power bashing, and so many more women do that than men

my favorite male player is fernando gonzalez, understandably... safin, roddick, etc

davidmario
Dec 8th, 2004, 09:30 PM
I don't have the time to watch a 5-set-match.

faboozadoo15
Dec 8th, 2004, 09:37 PM
well santoro is no higher ranked than a lot of crafty WTA players. (though he is FAR more crafty than ANY current player). coria-- nastya is the female equivalent but she can seem to win on any surface.
i think that men's tennis SEEMS to have depth because there's so much surface specialization going on. at any big tournament on the WTA, you have to pick several possible champions just like in mens tennis. no woman is dominating like federer is right now. at a big men's event, there are also a handful of possible winners, it's just maybe not the same people every week.

faboozadoo15
Dec 8th, 2004, 09:39 PM
i love watching brainless power bashing, and so many more women do that than men

my favorite male player is fernando gonzalez, understandably... safin, roddick, etc
i also LOVE power bashing when players are keeping the ball in the court and playing consistently with power.

that's why i've loved seles so long, though i wouldn't call her tennis "brainless".

darrinbaker00
Dec 8th, 2004, 09:42 PM
There are five reasons why I prefer the women's game over the men's game: Venus Williams, Venus Williams, Venus Williams, Venus Williams, and her younger sister. ;)

volta
Dec 8th, 2004, 09:43 PM
cuz i donīt have players that i like the way that i like the Sisters and because i donīt know why fo me Womens tennis is better i can see 3 matchs one after the other of WTA and i canīt see 1 ATP match without changing the channel @ least 3 times.

Doraemon
Dec 8th, 2004, 09:58 PM
There are five reasons why I prefer the women's game over the men's game: Venus Williams, Venus Williams, Venus Williams, Venus Williams, and her younger sister. ;)

I actually have sex reasons why I prefer women's tennis: Venus Williams, Sun Williams, Lunatic Williams, Jupitorious Williams, Martina Williams, Saturday Williams.

GoDominique
Dec 8th, 2004, 10:15 PM
Good question.

I don't know.

Volcana
Dec 8th, 2004, 10:19 PM
I like the womens game because there's more Sex on the court :drool:
Can't imagine to be a huge fan of an ATP-Player cuz I can't fall in love with them. :D :lol:I have to admit there's an element of truth in this.

Another reason, however, is that I simply can't do the things the male players can. They ALL have so much power, the power in their game is a total given. I have to look at the women's game to see what things I can apply to my own game.

And, if you look at the Serena Williams/Amelia Mauresmo semi at the YEC, you saw quite a lot of variety. I certainly was surprised to see Serena Williams not only exchanging slice backhands with Amelia Mauresmo, but winning the points!

Wacthing Roger Federer vs Andy Roddick is entertaining, but I learn nothing I can apply on the court. (Well, watching Roddick make a poor backhand adequate has been instructive.)

faboozadoo15
Dec 8th, 2004, 10:58 PM
there's a lot of truth to what volcana says to me... i can take what myskina does well on court and use that for my own benefit... but watching roger federer play and then trying to learn something practical :tape: i better not try because i'd only discourage myself. this is in no way meant to criticize the beautifulla simplistic game of myskina :worship:

Chunchun
Dec 8th, 2004, 11:00 PM
there are always only a few cases in men tennis:
- a player serve, he make an ace
- a player serve, the other one can't return
- a player serve, the other one return, the server make a volley, win that point

so i prefer ladies, at least it's more :drool: :hearts:

Princess Sarah.
Dec 8th, 2004, 11:14 PM
i prefer the mens game

Doc
Dec 9th, 2004, 01:05 AM
I just find myself losing concentration in most of the mens matches. The personalities are blander, and the play tends to follow a set pattern.

I tried to watch a few in the Masters championships. But the matches I watched all followed the same pattern. It was all about holding serve consistently. One break, and the set was gone. The less consistent player on serve eventually got broken and lost the set 6-4. Either that, or both players held all their serve games to 6-6, and the set was decided on the tiebreak. Same thing in the tiebreak - often decided by just one mini-break - they might as well have tossed a coin for the set!

The fact that holding serve is the dominant pattern, means that matches can seem longer and more competitive in men's tennis than in womens' where 6-2 set scores are more common. But in fact this "competitiveness" is just a case of waiting for someone's serve consistency to crack. Three or four hours of that per match is just not sufficiently exciting or entertaining to be worth the sacrifice of time.

SpikeyAidanm
Dec 9th, 2004, 01:08 AM
1. Rallies
2. More personality on women's tour
3. More variety in matches
4. Quicker, not so boring long matches
5. The feminity

Crazy Canuck
Dec 9th, 2004, 01:20 AM
there are always only a few cases in men tennis:
- a player serve, he make an ace
- a player serve, the other one can't return
- a player serve, the other one return, the server make a volley, win that point

:rolleyes:

Yet another member of wtaworld who quite evidently does not watch mens tennis.

Crazy Canuck
Dec 9th, 2004, 01:23 AM
The "more personality" line is horseshit, btw. Unless, of course, you think that women have "more personality" than men, period. All the top male players have distinct personalities. Just because they aren't marketted for them doesn't mean that they aren't there. But hey, don't listen to me. I'd hate to see some of you actually have to think for yourselves. Carry on!

AlexB
Dec 9th, 2004, 01:35 AM
both are good actually, i have no preference.....

RatedR Superstar
Dec 9th, 2004, 01:52 AM
why? well, its because of Daniela Hantuchova, thats why!!!

JLDementieva
Dec 9th, 2004, 01:57 AM
2 reasons, Elena and Nastya ;)
Women's game is just funner to watch because of all the rallies. Watching a men's game on grass is the worst.

Prizeidiot
Dec 9th, 2004, 05:44 AM
Ummm to be honest, if a woman's match doesn't have Dementieva, I don't give that much of a damn. In regards to standard of play, the men are in another league. It's not as ugly (far less unforced errors) and as well as more power, there is more subtlety (more dropshots, more good net play, more slice, more topspin) The mens game is far more entertaining for me

Dementinator
Dec 9th, 2004, 11:03 AM
Well i much prefer WTA to ATP mens tennis bore me to tears all they wanna do is serve like hell ,and not return ,yes womens can have to many errors sometimes but on the whole a good womens match has lots of drama and excitement , lots of service breaks add to the drama.Plus there are lots of great characters in WTA none in ATP...
And who wants to look at gangly hairy assed men!! well i supose the gals do so thats fair enough ,but as guy NO NO NO NO!!! ewwww! lets have beautiful athletic girls playing agame i love!!

Greenout
Dec 9th, 2004, 11:26 AM
More drama and more divas.
Well, I guess Roddick's a bit of a diva. :tape:

Hell yes!

I don't sense the passion or the need to win as in the WTA.
The players in the WTA are more colourful and far more
entertaining on and off court.

Everybody has a big serve in the ATP, and you can't tell where the
talent begins and where the average male brute strength ends.
Other than someone obvious like Andy, Roger, Hewitt, Coria -
you can't tell the difference from number 10 to a 102 player.
Some say this is depth; but it just means on any given day
your average male serve can keep you in a game.

I feel that talent is on show in the WTA. There is a huge gap
between #7 and even #42. It's easier to see and understand
talent in the WTA. You can really learn to love and appreciate
these players because of it.

tennislover
Dec 9th, 2004, 11:27 AM
b/c Navratilova is a gentle lady......

miranda_lou
Dec 9th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Everybody has a big serve in the ATP
Crazy Canuck is right . . . you obviously haven't watched the men play in a while.:rolleyes:

Coria has a big serve??:confused: Agassi has a big serve??:lol: Nadal has a big serve??:rolleyes:

Maybe you should watch a couple of mens' matches.

Becool
Dec 9th, 2004, 05:35 PM
I prefer Women's tennis because they're much more ineteresting.. they hate each other.. while on men's tennis, they're all buddies.. :rolleyes:

Crazy Canuck
Dec 9th, 2004, 05:56 PM
Crazy Canuck is right . . . you obviously haven't watched the men play in a while.:rolleyes:

Coria has a big serve??:confused: Agassi has a big serve??:lol: Nadal has a big serve??:rolleyes:

Maybe you should watch a couple of mens' matches.

Thank you! I get soooo tired of people around here saying the most ridiculous things about mens tennis. It's quite simple to distinguish between number 10 and number 20, if you actually WATCH mens tennis. SIGH.

Other top tenners with MASSIVE serves *cough* smirk*: Nalbandian, Gaudio, Hewitt. They are just lucky they have their serves or they'd have never made it! *cough* *sputter*

*falls over and dies*

Crazy Canuck
Dec 9th, 2004, 05:57 PM
I prefer Women's tennis because they're much more ineteresting.. they hate each other.. while on men's tennis, they're all buddies.. :rolleyes:
Oh, for sure. You can just feel the love between Roddick and Nalbandian. And Coria and Gaudio. BUDDIES FOR LIFE.

It's a shame that we had that boring love fest between Gaudio and Coria and RG. IT was so boring compared to the spite filled affair between Myskina and Dementieva.

*sputters* *dies*

And did you SEE the time that Luis Horna offered Coria a hug while they were on court? If only they were women he'd have said "I'm not Gaudio, I really will hit you" !!! Damn!

Crazy Canuck
Dec 9th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Hell yes!

I don't sense the passion or the need to win as in the WTA.
The players in the WTA are more colourful and far more
entertaining on and off court.

It's true. The men don't want to win. They just want to go out on court and hug.

Everybody has a big serve in the ATP,

Err... see my other posts.

and you can't tell where the talent begins and where the average male brute strength ends.

Er, WTF?!?!?! I can't even crack a joke about this line of nonsense!

To the rest of that post: ALKSJDASLKJDS~!~!!!

Justeenium
Dec 10th, 2004, 06:16 AM

I used to find men's tennis much more interesting but then it all turned around after the Stanford Final. What a match. And also there were better women's matches than men's matches at the USO.

fifiricci
Dec 10th, 2004, 07:32 AM
Over three sets I prefer the MENS' game.

I get bored with men's tennis over 5 sets (ie at the slams) because I have a short attention span. :retard:

I am a hug fan of womens' tennis, but would agree that the men's game over 3 sets is more compelling and generally of a higher standard.

I watched the "old masters" competition in London this week and to be honest that was more compelling viewing than the vast majority of any of the womens' matches I have watched the whole of this year.

It might be true that mens' tennis doesn't have the added "Heat Magazine" type interest that we put into the women's game, but if you are just watching it for the sport, surely mens' tennis must win hands down?

I can't believe I'm saying this as a female, but I honestly think it is true!

BeautifulGirl
Dec 10th, 2004, 11:12 AM

Women's game as long as Queen Masha is playing. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

T-T
Dec 10th, 2004, 11:33 AM
I like both. Men's matches are generally offering more and greater tennis, but I like girls more as such. And then there's Justine, a little miracle in itself.

SerialKiller#69
Dec 10th, 2004, 08:19 PM
I only prefer women's tennis when the big girls are playing. I can watch any match of men's tennis and be impressed 90% of the time.

jrm
Dec 10th, 2004, 08:23 PM
I don't ... prefer watching men! And let's face it: most of people watching female tennis isn't because of tennis or do you really think Kournikova had/has so many fans because of her brilliant game?