PDA

View Full Version : Serena's "Views" on Dating a Hoax Interview!

Pureracket
Dec 8th, 2004, 01:47 AM
BREAKING NEWS! SERENA WILLIAMS LIVID OVER 'HOAX' INTERVIEW: Tennis Champ Angrily Responds

December 7, 2004

http://eurweb.com/images/articles/200412/serena_williams(004-great-headshot-med).jpg Washington, DC ... 24-Time Tennis Champion Serena Williams is angry upon learning that someone has fraudulently transmitted, via the Internet, an interview that she has allegedly conducted, which is an absolute hoax. Ms. Williams has conducted no such interview.

On Monday, December 6, 2004, people from across the country began receiving this alleged interview via email, which has generated call-ins to radio stations, letters and emails from individuals curious as to whether Ms. Williams actually said what is being attributed to her.

The answer is NO. Serena Williams has not conducted and would not, under any circumstance, conduct such an interview.

It is unfortunate that someone could be so vile as to defame and slander Ms. Williams as the writer has intentionally done.

We are making every attempt to find the source of this hoax.

"Words cannot express how upset I am to find out that someone has deliberately attempted to ruin my reputation and image," says Ms. Williams. "I would never, ever, under any circumstance, be so disrespectful. Whoever decided to write this garbage does not know Serena Williams. It is not my thinking nor my being. I want to find out who is behind this, and have them prosecuted within the fullest extend of the law. I am hoping that there will be more policing over the Internet, in order to find out immediately the origin of this kind of treachery. No one deserves to be humiliated and defamed this way."

source: Raymone K. Bain / Davis, Bain and Associates, Inc. / Washington, DC

~Cherry*Blossom~
Dec 8th, 2004, 02:00 AM
I bet it's someone on this board!!! :o

SelesFan70
Dec 8th, 2004, 02:37 AM
Pureracket...I deleted my post because I wasn't aware that Serena had come out denying this. Thanks for setting me straight.

xr6turbo
Dec 8th, 2004, 02:38 AM
I bet it's someone on this board!!! :o

That really wouldn't surprise me.. :(

Pureracket
Dec 8th, 2004, 02:46 AM
Pureracket...I deleted my post because I wasn't aware that Serena had come out denying this. Thanks for setting me straight.Selesfan,
It was cool that you posted it because it was indeed news. As long as folks know the real truth, I don't see a problem with posting the hoax email.

Knizzle
Dec 8th, 2004, 02:52 AM
I guess everyone took the comments more seriously than me, I just treated the comments like she was any other girl around the way talking shit. Heck, my sister said that was Serena allegedly said was true, lol. I didn't agree, but I wasn't offended. I took it as shit talking.

dansnewbeg
Dec 8th, 2004, 04:11 AM
I know Davis/Bain and Associates represents Serena Williams, but is there an actual internet link to this statement by Serena?

dreamgoddess099
Dec 8th, 2004, 05:39 AM
I know Davis/Bain and Associates represents Serena Williams, but is there an actual internet link to this statement by Serena?

click (http://eurweb.com/story.cfm?id=17715)

Paneru
Dec 8th, 2004, 06:15 AM
IMO, this was nothing but the work of narrow-minded biggot(s) who
can't stand the fact that Serena has been romantically linked
"by the media" with Brett Ratner.

Hopefully they will find out who was behind
this crap and after seeing the hate spwed
around here(even though I doubt it was from here)
it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was the
handywork of someone from here.

Rocketta
Dec 8th, 2004, 07:00 AM
but i didn't see the hoax article??? :scratch:

Where can I see that?

btw, I don't know how many times do I have to read hollywood gossip about Brett with other girlfriends before I really get worried about Serena? There's just been too many different stories for some of them not to based in some reality. I just hope they are friends like Serena says...:unsure:

Anyway I want to see the hoax...hook me up Pure! :P

hablo
Dec 8th, 2004, 10:18 AM
what was in this hoax of an article??? :o

VS Fan
Dec 8th, 2004, 01:59 PM
I would like to see the HOAX article, where can I see it???

Marcell
Dec 8th, 2004, 02:23 PM
I just heard Serena on WBLS 107.5fm in NY responding to the e-mail controversy.First of all,she was very upset and sounded very hurt.She said that she never did any interview and when this interview supposedly took place she was in Atlanta with Venus during the Williams Sisters tour.She also stated that she never discuss her relationships so there is no way she would say these things.The gentleman conducting the interview try to ask her if she is dating someone white,and she refuse to answer the question saying these are two seperate issues.She went on to say that she spent her whole career building a certain brand and is hurt that someone would try to destroy that with one e-mail.She also said that they have launch an investigation to find the person responsible.

miranda_lou
Dec 8th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Doesn't have to be a poster from this particular board. There are a lot of Serena-haters out there, trust me, and most of them know nothing about this board.:rolleyes:

If it's an e-mail it should be easy to track to the source, unless it was done by a very savvy computer user.

Pureracket
Dec 8th, 2004, 03:45 PM
cketta,
I'm looking for it, but can't seem to find it.

G_Slammed
Dec 8th, 2004, 03:52 PM
Ms. Williams we are all interested in your new boyfriend.

- There is no new boyfriend. I stopped playing with boys when I stopped dating black guys. I have a new man in my life and yes, he's white.

So you prefer to date white men instead of black guys?

-Let's be real. If you are a successful black female you only have two choices....date outside of your race or date other successful black females.

Are you saying there are no successful black men to date?

-Of course not but let's face it, if Oprah would date outside of her race she would be married with children now. The state of most black men is so low the only thing you can do is love them. Like a poor homeless dog. You can't expect it to protect you. You can only offer shelter and love and watch as our neighbor's pit bull protects his home and family. I, unlike Oprah, am not forced to stay within those boundaries. I was born into a new generation of black women.

So Oprah is being forced to date Stedman?

-All I can say is when you find a successful black women who is not married and does not have children it is because they refuse to accept the two choices. Some may go as far as marriage to a black guy but they realize divorce is inevitable so they do not have children. Or they have children with one and don't marry in order to preserve their wealth and good credit. Oprah is one of many who silently protests being stuck with such poor choices by refusing to marry and reproduce but you can see how much it hurts her. She's always giving away money to children's charities. I hope she makes the choice to marry a non-black soon so she can have a child of her own.

But you have decided to accept the two choices?

-Yes. I grew up in California around the two extremes of wealth. If I could only get myself to try the bisexual thing I would have been much happier in my relationships. Instead I dated black men. I loved many of them but they were just not suitable for marriage. Many of them were raised by women and had warped mentalities. So I finally had to date outside my race. When I moved to Miami, I accepted my status and dated men on my level.

What do you mean by warped mentalities?

-Well, where do I begin? Many of them were raised predominantly by women and had this feminine/bisexual complex. Where they wanted to be treated like a female sometimes. For example, I would have the money & they would have the sex. I would teach them things. You know, all the things a woman likes a man to do, I would end up doing for them. Then if we would get into an argument, there would be a role reversal. All of a sudden, they would be the man wanting the respect of a king in his castle. Black men over the years have become less and less of value to black women both rich and poor. I predict in 10 years they will be obsolete. Now they serve little to no function and what little they can do, they don't want to do.

Why 10 years?

-That's when going to a fertility clinic to get impregnated by a sperm donor will become as common and accessible as the flu shot. Women who want sex will do it with whoever they want (girl, guy, rich, poor, white, black) and go to the bank (the sperm bank) when they are ready to have children. Even those who waited (like Oprah) will have fertilized eggs placed in-Vitro. That's the day the secret organization of women is waiting for. The day when men are 100% dis-empowered.

Are you apart of that organization?

-No. They're a mostly white group. Plus that day for black men is practically here already. Black women are already raising 75% of the black population without a man. When fertility clinics become more affordable. Black women will be standing in line. It will be just like plastic surgery. Everyone laughed at Michael Jackson but it's becoming so popular now, that even poor blacks are getting work done...mostly breast reductions and liposuction.

So do you want men to be dis-empowered?

-Heck, no! That's why I am with a white man now. I want a man to be a man and I am not going to settle for less just to stay within racial boundaries. A Black man in my position wouldn't do it so why should I. Don't get me wrong, I love black men. My father is black, I have dated black men all my life, and if I have a male child he will be part black. But my husband and I will raise him together so hopefully he will be a worthy choice for a worthy black female. Not the only choice, or "there's nothing better out there so I'll settle for this" choice. When you are successful you want the best. The best food, clothes, places to live etc. I want the best man also.

And you think the best man is a non-black man?

-I think if there's a better choice for me, God would have shown me. I am in the public so I get to meet lots of people from all over the world athletes, celebs, etc. I am wealthy so I am invited and have traveled to the most prestigious events all over the world. Out of all those people, places and events....I had to choose the right man for me. Like it or not with very few exceptions) a white man is the only real choice for a successful black female.

Pureracket
Dec 8th, 2004, 04:02 PM
Also, the word "woman" is misspelled(the author of the email spelled it "women"). I would hope that Serena wouldn't grant an interview to someone who is so sloppy with spelling.

Dana Marcy
Dec 8th, 2004, 04:06 PM
If this piece of crap doesn't demonstrate the power of the internet to destroy people's reps I don't know what will. My sister told me about this e-mail the other day and we both knew it was pure trash but at the same time we knew there would be fools ready and willing to believe it. I'm sorry Serena had to take the time out of her busy schedule to deal with this bull. The losers who wrote it probably think they're all that now. LOL

Marcell
Dec 8th, 2004, 04:10 PM
It seems that interracial celebrities are being targeted.The African American actor Taye Diggs and his Jewish wife who is on Broadway in the musical Wicked received an anonymous death over the weekend.The NYC police department had to beef up security to protect his wife also.The letter mention that he should be strung up because he is dating outside of his race.

TonyP
Dec 8th, 2004, 04:13 PM
I think both articles are completely fraudulent. Serena would have to be an idiot to have said the things attributed to her in that interview. I am not a fan, but I have never thought she was anything buy a very smart girl. The interview is an obvious hoax.

And what business is it of anyone else what race her boyfriend is? That in and of itself is a kind of racism. We have moved past the place where members of different races cannot date or marry. Only racists care about such nonsense.

jacobruiz
Dec 8th, 2004, 04:30 PM
That "interview" is so NOT Serena it's actually funny! I hope Serena doesn't let herself get too upset over this thing since it's so obviously a hoax. And she shouldn't feel the need to defend herself so strenuously - people who know anything about Serena know she's much, MUCH better than that!

And Wendy O. Williams should be ashamed of herself for talking about the email without making it perfectly clear that it is a hoax.

Marcell
Dec 8th, 2004, 04:37 PM
You would be surprise how many people believed that story.This has been a hot topic on the talk radio in N.YC.since Monday.Not everyone follows tennis so the have no idea of the types of interviews that Serena gives.When I saw the first few lines of that interview I knew it was a fake.She really did the talk show scene this morning.So far I heard she was on The Tom Joyner Morning show,The Russ Parr Morning Show,The Steve Harvey Show and WBLS in N.Y.

Infiniti2001
Dec 8th, 2004, 04:48 PM
I hope Serena and her people track down the culprit like a dog. This has got to be someone with some serious issues UGH :fiery: :rolleyes:

DevilishAttitude
Dec 8th, 2004, 05:13 PM
So :shrug:

Celebrities should be happy there getting publicity even if it's true or not :rolleyes:

Steffica Greles
Dec 8th, 2004, 05:23 PM
LOL!!

I found that more amusing than believable.

Some nutter wrote all that and Serena the Destiny's Child reject gets it pinned on her!

And Serena's denial sounds SO Hollywood. "It's not part of my being". Haha.

Infiniti2001
Dec 8th, 2004, 05:25 PM
So :shrug:

Celebrities should be happy there getting publicity even if it's true or not :rolleyes:

Who wants this kind of publicity?? :shrug: I guarantee you that many in the African American community will turn on Serena in a New York minute even though this was a hoax :fiery: :tape:

Denise4925
Dec 8th, 2004, 06:55 PM
That really wouldn't surprise me.. :(
Probably the same slime that hacked my account. :mad:

griffin
Dec 8th, 2004, 07:41 PM
I think what this "piece of crap" demonstrates in it's own twisted way is that Serena's no longer just a famous tennis player but is now a bona fide "celebrity." This didn't make the rounds on tennis boards, this made the rounds with the general public. She's joined the ranks of the hoax-worthy, right up there with Tommy Hilfiger, Kurt Vonnegut, Donna Karan and Maya Angelou.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_serena_williams.htm

I'd like to belive most people will realize the interview is a fake, but then people fell for it (and other bogus, unattributed, untraceable nonsense) in the first place.

miranda_lou
Dec 8th, 2004, 08:29 PM
It appears to be, so far, limited to the New York area. If Serena is giving interviews on all those radio shows it means her people are pretty worried. Hopefully, it will just die a natural death and most people will never have heard it.:rolleyes:

However, this doesn't just prove Serena is a "bona fide celebrity" as someone pointed out, but it also proves that the way she acts makes people want to believe bad things about her. Maybe she had better watch what she does and says from now on and things like this will be unlikely to happen in the future.:tape:

griffin
Dec 8th, 2004, 08:48 PM
However, this doesn't just prove Serena is a "bona fide celebrity" as someone pointed out, but it also proves that the way she acts makes people want to believe bad things about her. Maybe she had better watch what she does and says from now on and things like this will be unlikely to happen in the future.:tape:

Just to play with your logic a bit - pray tell what did Maya Angelou ever do to anyone to make people believe the horseshit hoax emails that went around about her? What way did she act? And if someone starts passing around a bogus pm allegedly by you, can we say maybe YOU should have watched your posting?

Or can we just agree its a sick thing to do to someone, whether or not you like them?

miranda_lou
Dec 8th, 2004, 09:00 PM
Or can we just agree its a sick thing to do to someone, whether or not you like them?
Agreed . . . it's a sick thing to do to anyone, whether I like them or not.

However, I'm a firm believer that Serena needs to stop showing up half-naked on the red carpet if she wants more respect from the general public.:o She just made the "101 Worse Red Carpet Disasters" (or some such thing). They had her on it twice and the "commentators" made not very pleasant jokes about her. One of them compared Serena's muscles to "a guy I once dated" and another one said "baby's got back" like a "football player" . . . it was embarrassing!!!

[and Ms. Maya, in her youth, was not exactly a saint.]

Marcell
Dec 8th, 2004, 09:03 PM
I wish it was just limited to the New York area but this was the conversation on radio stations in DC,LA,North Carolina and throughout the country.Whenever you have issue of race and celebrity you get people talking.Someone does not have to act in a certain way to have people believe bad things about them.I have listened to many people who are not happy that the Williams sisters are dating white men,so it is not surprising that a lot of people jumped on this e-mail as being true because of their own biases.

Infiniti2001
Dec 8th, 2004, 09:07 PM

However, I'm a firm believer that Serena needs to stop showing up half-naked on the red carpet if she wants more respect from the general public.:o She just made the "101 Worse Red Carpet Disasters" (or some such thing). They had her on it twice and the "commentators" made not very pleasant jokes about her. One of them compared Serena's muscles to "a guy I once dated" and another one said "baby's got back" like a "football player" . . . it was embarrassing!!!

This is apples and oranges and you know it. For the last time the way Serena dresses has absolutely NADA to do with this shitty email by this vindictive IDIOT :fiery: :tape:

Pureracket
Dec 8th, 2004, 09:09 PM

[and Ms. Maya, in her youth, was not exactly a saint.]Concerning the entire hoax situation, this is one of the most ignorant comments that I've read. :eek:

Marcell
Dec 8th, 2004, 09:12 PM
Commentators making a statements about her dress is completely different than someone deliberately trying to make it seem that Serena did that interview.I think that most celebrities have come to accept those criticism,but to defame someone's name is not acceptable.

harloo
Dec 8th, 2004, 09:31 PM

What in the hell does this garbage have to do with what Serena wears? Whoever did this knew just what too attack Serena about because they know how sensitive people are about race.

We as true fans know Serena doesn't even speak in this manner, but other's like to believe this type of trash. Regardless of what she says, no celebrity warrants an outrageous false attack on their character.

Denise4925
Dec 8th, 2004, 09:44 PM
It appears to be, so far, limited to the New York area. If Serena is giving interviews on all those radio shows it means her people are pretty worried. Hopefully, it will just die a natural death and most people will never have heard it.:rolleyes:

Wrong again miranda, I'm in Texas and I received the email today. Furthermore, the Tom Joyner Morning Show is syndicated nationwide, so everyone heard her interview this morning. :rolleyes:

Bullshit, obviously she is a "bona fide celebrity", if she isn't why are so many people, WHO ARE NOT TENNIS FANS interested in the story. Why would she be on mainstream radio shows denying the interview, instead of sports shows? You are so full of shit, how does her actions garner a hoax like that. Using that type of logic, you must think women who wear short skirts ask to be raped. :tape:

Denise4925
Dec 8th, 2004, 09:49 PM

:lol: miranda, you are such a liar. Where does that imagination come from? :lol:

What the hell is "101 Worse Red Carpet Disasters"? Please provide the source from which you attained this information. :rolleyes:

icequeen
Dec 8th, 2004, 10:03 PM
Who wants this kind of publicity?? :shrug: I guarantee you that many in the African American community will turn on Serena in a New York minute even though this was a hoax :fiery: :tape:

No they will not. They sure back Vanessa Williams when she had all her troubles and at that time she claims she did not see any racism and she did not even think she was black.

icequeen
Dec 8th, 2004, 10:06 PM

Could you please explain to me what do you mean by how Serena act. Also, what does she do? You are acting as though Serena is some slut out there and cussing, smoking, drinking..etc. I really wish you would explain yourself.

Marcell
Dec 8th, 2004, 10:07 PM
Mirand is right about the red carpet show.It came on the E! Channel.I think that the name of the show was crimes of fashion.However,I think she is missing the point that there is no comparison between these two situations.

icequeen
Dec 8th, 2004, 10:11 PM

Let me tell you Serena gets plenty of respect and she sure aint the only one who walks around half naked like you said, and she sure aint the only one who gets listed as the "101 Worse Red carpet Disasters" you so claim to see aparently you are the only one who saw this...anyway that does not give any one the right to put a lying e-mail all over the internet...the way you are acting it's probably the who who did it. Serena is a very nice young lady and you or anyone else cannot denied that.

Rocketta
Dec 8th, 2004, 10:29 PM
:speakles:

That interview was so lame.....the person who wrote that has really bad issues...:cuckoo: :help: :smash: :crazy: :retard:

That was just sad...:rolleyes:

Pureracket
Dec 8th, 2004, 10:31 PM
click (http://eurweb.com/story.cfm?id=17715)I think you broke that poster's heart when you posted the source of the quote. . . lol!

miranda_lou
Dec 8th, 2004, 10:35 PM
What the hell is "101 Worse Red Carpet Disasters"? Please provide the source from which you attained this information
Television.:rolleyes:

sure aint the only one who walks around half naked
True. Britney and Paris also walk around half-naked. There are rumors on the internet about them too.:tape: :lol: But, for some reason, nobody has distributed an e-mail quite as nasty as the Serena e-mail about those other girls. Wonder why?:rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm finished with this thread. Serena's people are taking care of the situation. More power to them. But I still say, actions say a lot and maybe Serena should try to be a little less "out there."

Pureracket
Dec 8th, 2004, 10:37 PM
[......]Anyway, I'm finished with this thread.[.....] . . .and the property value in this particular thread just went up 100%.

Denise4925
Dec 8th, 2004, 10:43 PM
Television.:rolleyes:

True. Britney and Paris also walk around half-naked. There are rumors on the internet about them too.:tape: :lol: But, for some reason, nobody has distributed an e-mail quite as nasty as the Serena e-mail about those other girls. Wonder why?:rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm finished with this thread. Serena's people are taking care of the situation. More power to them. But I still say, actions say a lot and maybe Serena should try to be a little less "out there."
Television??!!...Oh there's a network called "101 Disasters on the Red Carpet"? Must be a new cable network. :rolleyes:

Denise4925
Dec 8th, 2004, 10:44 PM
But I still say, actions say a lot and maybe Serena should try to be a little less "out there."
Maybe you should too. :tape:

volta
Dec 8th, 2004, 10:47 PM
the worst thing is that people gonna stay with the liar interview in the head and not the real thing where Rena denies it.

darrinbaker00
Dec 8th, 2004, 10:52 PM
Maybe you should too. :tape:
That ship already sailed, boo, and it's without a rudder. :silly:

Denise4925
Dec 8th, 2004, 10:53 PM
That ship already sailed, boo, and it's without a rudder. :silly:
:lol:

StarDuvallGrant
Dec 8th, 2004, 10:55 PM

How does Serena act? Does she disrespect black men? Does she spit in their faces? Not sign any autographs from black men?

People who dislike people will generally want to believe anything negative no matter how the object of their displeasure truly acts. This is not Serena's problem but the problems of the rumor starters and the people who believed it.

Serena doesn't have to be a little less out there, the hateful and stupid people who started and believed in all this need to channel their negative energy elsewhere.

Marcell
Dec 8th, 2004, 11:29 PM
I didn't know that it was Serena who played match maker for Kelly Rowland of Destiny's Child.Kelly's fiance' is a football player from the Dallas Cowboys and apparently Serena introduced the two.I did notice in the latest Album in Kelly's thank you's she gave a special shout-out to Serena and how she love their friendship.

Denise4925
Dec 8th, 2004, 11:42 PM
I didn't know that it was Serena who played match maker for Kelly Rowland of Destiny's Child.Kelly's fiance' is a football player from the Dallas Cowboys and apparently Serena introduced the two.I did notice in the latest Album in Kelly's thank you's she gave a special shout-out to Serena and how she love their friendship.
Who is Kelly's boyfriend? Maybe Serena introduced her when Serena was seeing Keyshawn, who is now a Dallas Cowboy. :D

Oh how I wish Serena and Keyshawn could have stayed together. :sad:

darrinbaker00
Dec 9th, 2004, 12:04 AM
Who is Kelly's boyfriend? Maybe Serena introduced her when Serena was seeing Keyshawn, who is now a Dallas Cowboy. :D

Oh how I wish Serena and Keyshawn could have stayed together. :sad:
One could only imagine the conversations between those two:

Keyshawn: "Serena, Keyshawn's home! Did Serena miss Keyshawn?"

Serena: "Yes, Serena did. How did Keyshawn do in the game?"

Keyshawn: "Keyshawn caught six passes and scored a touchdown."

Serena: "Did Keyshawn's team win?"

Keyshawn: "Keyshawn doesn't remember. As long as Keyshawn got his, it really doesn't matter. Did Serena practice today?"

Serena: "Unfortunately, Serena had to settle for hitting with Venus for a couple of hours. As long as Serena practices with her, Serena's NEVER going to get any better!"

Keyshawn: "Keyshawn's sorry to hear that, Serena. Just hang in there, and I'm sure Pete Sampras will change his mind, leave his family and be Serena's hitting partner."

Serena: "Did Serena just hear Keyshawn refer to himself in the first person? Serena should wash Keyshawn's mouth out with soap!"

Keyshawn: "Keyshawn apologizes. Does Serena still love Keyshawn?"

Serena: "Of course Serena does."

Keyshawn: "Keyshawn loves Serena too."

Of course, I could be wrong..... ;)

Marcell
Dec 9th, 2004, 12:04 AM
His name is Roy Williams.I don't know if you remember when Serena said that she had a few bad experiences with men.I think Keyshawn was one of them.That's why I get so angry when people dictate who people should and shouldn't fall in love with.If Brett is someone who treats Serena well her fans should be happy for her.I saw him on The Best Damn sport Show recently and he said that he loves her.

Rocketta
Dec 9th, 2004, 12:15 AM
His name is Roy Williams.I don't know if you remember when Serena said that she had a few bad experiences with men.I think Keyshawn was one of them.That's why I get so angry when people dictate who people should and shouldn't fall in love with.If Brett is someone who treats Serena well her fans should be happy for her.I saw him on The Best Damn sport Show recently and he said that he loves her.
except everytime you turn around there is a report of Brett out with some "other" girl. So I have no doubt he said he loves her but I don't know people could be lying on him but it would be many people.

hotandspicey
Dec 9th, 2004, 12:43 AM

[and Ms. Maya, in her youth, was not exactly a saint.]:smash: :smash: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Denise4925
Dec 9th, 2004, 02:12 AM
One could only imagine the conversations between those two:

Keyshawn: "Serena, Keyshawn's home! Did Serena miss Keyshawn?"

Serena: "Yes, Serena did. How did Keyshawn do in the game?"

Keyshawn: "Keyshawn caught six passes and scored a touchdown."

Serena: "Did Keyshawn's team win?"

Keyshawn: "Keyshawn doesn't remember. As long as Keyshawn got his, it really doesn't matter. Did Serena practice today?"

Serena: "Unfortunately, Serena had to settle for hitting with Venus for a couple of hours. As long as Serena practices with her, Serena's NEVER going to get any better!"

Keyshawn: "Keyshawn's sorry to hear that, Serena. Just hang in there, and I'm sure Pete Sampras will change his mind, leave his family and be Serena's hitting partner."

Serena: "Did Serena just hear Keyshawn refer to himself in the first person? Serena should wash Keyshawn's mouth out with soap!"

Keyshawn: "Keyshawn apologizes. Does Serena still love Keyshawn?"

Serena: "Of course Serena does."

Keyshawn: "Keyshawn loves Serena too."

Of course, I could be wrong..... ;)
:rolleyes: You're dissin' two of my most favorite famous people in the world.

Denise4925
Dec 9th, 2004, 02:13 AM
:lol: he loves her...yeah right. But, it's her life. I just think she can do better.

AlexB
Dec 9th, 2004, 02:27 AM
the real shame of all this is some people, even with serena's denials, will still believe the story to be true

topspin
Dec 9th, 2004, 09:46 PM
Interesting, the first and only assumption is that the author of the hoax interview was black and African-American.

This isn't the first time of false rumors, slander, and character assassination involving Serena or Venus.

Do any of you remember the fake newsflash stating Serena was killed in a car crash a couple of years ago? Does anybody remember the number of supposely "black" posters who pretended to be fans of Serena and Venus on this and other site and their intent were to incite hatred towards them?

I am not saying that hoax article couldn't have been started by a black person. Black people's worst enemy is themselves. So, it wouldn't be a surprise. But, experience and history on the WTAWorld website and other websites have shown how low some people would go to pretend to be black with bad intentions in mind.

icequeen
Dec 9th, 2004, 10:45 PM
the real shame of all this is some people, even with serena's denials, will still believe the story to be true

I doubt that very much.

mykarma
Dec 9th, 2004, 11:48 PM
I doubt that very much.You're to trusting.

deep bass
Dec 9th, 2004, 11:54 PM
people will believe the headlines, not the rebuttal.

deep bass
Dec 9th, 2004, 11:57 PM
And I quote.....

A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
Mark Twain

venusfan
Dec 10th, 2004, 02:02 AM
I actually just heard about this interview from a friend and I must say I was disgusted and had to come here to confirm and thank god she didn't say that because I would drop Serena like Notre Dame football. That said, I still cant believe Serena is with that guy she's with when she can get just about any man she wants who's in shape.

tennischick
Dec 10th, 2004, 02:55 AM
i don't believe that Serena gave this interview. why? bec the level of intellect of the speaker is significantly higher than Serena's. no offence to Serena but she comes across as kinda dumb and air-headed in most of her interviews. this person has thought out a position -- put aside how offensive it is to Black men -- that IMO Serena simply isn't capable of.

also Serena comes across as very narcissistic in most of her interviews -- it's all me, me, me, look how awesome and sexy and bootylicious i am. this person is not as self-centered in most of her statements as Serena tends to be. there is no way Serena would give such a long interview without more self-referential statements. this is not Serena speaking -- not by a mile. heck i could make up a better fake interview than this person has.

but i agree that most people will initially believe this based not on the content but on the face-valid fact that Serena has indeed (by her actions) seemingly gone from dating Black men to dating whites. but anyone who has read several of Serena's interviews -- and i once started a thread dedicated to them bec i found her so charmingly self-centered and clueless -- would know that she did not say these things.

Pureracket
Dec 10th, 2004, 03:13 AM
i don't believe that Serena gave this interview. why? bec the level of intellect of the speaker is significantly higher than Serena's. no offence to Serena but she comes across as kinda dumb and air-headed in most of her interviews. this person has thought out a position -- put aside how offensive it is to Black men -- that IMO Serena simply isn't capable of.

also Serena comes across as very narcissistic in most of her interviews -- it's all me, me, me, look how awesome and sexy and bootylicious i am. this person is not as self-centered in most of her statements as Serena tends to be. there is no way Serena would give such a long interview without more self-referential statements. this is not Serena speaking -- not by a mile. heck i could make up a better fake interview than this person has.

but i agree that most people will initially believe this based not on the content but on the face-valid fact that Serena has indeed (by her actions) seemingly gone from dating Black men to dating whites. but anyone who has read several of Serena's interviews -- and i once started a thread dedicated to them bec i found her so charmingly self-centered and clueless -- would know that she did not say these things.Another opportunity here for a poster to show ignorance and pure dislike for Serena. From the looks of it, a poster on this board could have started this hoax.