PDA

View Full Version : Dokic offered a WC for Australian Open

©@®eLess
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:00 PM
December 6th 2004: Although they do consider it "highly unlikely" she would accept it, it looks like Tennis Australia offered a wild card to Jelena for the upcoming Australian Open, the official entry list should be released tomorrow...

Havok
Dec 7th, 2004, 05:03 PM
I hope she takes it, but she probably wont.:(

jonny84
Dec 7th, 2004, 05:19 PM
I hope she takes it too - she can get at least 100 points is she plays the Australian circuit well.

Capster
Dec 7th, 2004, 06:25 PM
she better take it, i would love for her to win it

Tichi
Dec 7th, 2004, 06:33 PM
She has to make her way back up the rankings again and it has to happen one day, so why not immediately at the AO?

LucasArg
Dec 7th, 2004, 06:57 PM
Go Jelena! Take it! :wavey:

Lemonskin.
Dec 7th, 2004, 07:23 PM
Why travel all the way out here to lose 1st round? :confused: :bolt:

SzavayFi
Dec 7th, 2004, 07:35 PM
seriosly lemonskin........she better get it 2gether this offseason.

faboozadoo15
Dec 7th, 2004, 07:49 PM
i think she should take it, but she probably won't. she needs a turnaround desperately, and the surface really suits her game, imo.

tom2791
Dec 7th, 2004, 07:54 PM
I hope she takes it!

Randy H
Dec 7th, 2004, 09:17 PM
Why travel all the way out here to lose 1st round? :confused: :bolt:
Losing in the 1st round at a slam is still pretty decent cash ;)

CoryAnnAvants#1
Dec 7th, 2004, 09:34 PM
Losing in the 1st round at a slam is still pretty decent cash ;)
Seriously...how do you think those players ranked around 100 can continue to play every year? It ain't from challengers.

GoDominique
Dec 7th, 2004, 09:37 PM
LOL what a joke. :rolleyes:

Dokic has treated them like shit for several years now, and they still kiss her ass. She doesn't deserve any WC's IMO, but I guess she will turn into Stevenson II (or Lucic II).

CCCP1
Dec 7th, 2004, 10:37 PM
When will we know if she accepts the wild card or not ??

~K.BreakAway.C~
Dec 7th, 2004, 10:42 PM
anyone know the other WCs?

Philip
Dec 7th, 2004, 10:43 PM
take it jelena....

WorldWar24
Dec 7th, 2004, 10:50 PM
Where's that poster who said they wouldn't give her a Wild card now? Then that person said:

"i know a lot more about how they give WCs to the Ao than you do, and I'm sure she wouldnt get one" as he or she gave me bad rep :)

jbone_0307
Dec 7th, 2004, 10:52 PM
I HOPE SHE TAKES IT, OR Ill strangle her!!!!

rada
Dec 8th, 2004, 01:38 AM
take it take it

Gowza
Dec 8th, 2004, 01:44 AM
its jelena dokic the odds are she wont take, but i would like to see her at the australian open.

faboozadoo15
Dec 8th, 2004, 01:44 AM
LOL what a joke. :rolleyes:

Dokic has treated them like shit for several years now, and they still kiss her ass. She doesn't deserve any WC's IMO, but I guess she will turn into Stevenson II (or Lucic II).
yea a lucic or stevenson with a few tier 1 titles... :rolleyes:

Rafe306
Dec 8th, 2004, 02:08 AM
She won't take it i think..i'd be surprised if she really did

switz
Dec 8th, 2004, 02:39 AM
once again proving how Tennis Australia is not and was never against her. we now have a very strong female in molik and jelena is at her lowest point and they still gave her a wild card.

she really should view this as a huge compliment/gift and take it.

faboozadoo15
Dec 8th, 2004, 03:02 AM
once again proving how Tennis Australia is not and was never against her. we now have a very strong female in molik and jelena is at her lowest point and they still gave her a wild card.

she really should view this as a huge compliment/gift and take it.
i agree. though i don't think we will ever know ourselves how jelena truly feels she was treated by aus tennis federation, and a lot of the problems of course had to do with damir. it doesn't seem like she holds a lot of ill will, it just seems she's afraid to return for whatever reason. i also hope she iews this as a nice present to start the new year and a great opportunity to get some points and some matches. plus, rebound ace is such a good surface for her.

Mr_Molik
Dec 8th, 2004, 06:19 AM
what a waste :rolleyes:

Miranda
Dec 8th, 2004, 06:56 AM
agreed :p
what a waste :rolleyes:

vutt
Dec 8th, 2004, 07:19 AM
Well there can be only one explanation – they still feel the guilt. :angel:

Despite the fact that mr. Molik and Miranda sound like typical heartless OZ Dokic hate club, I agree with them. Right now it would be a wasting WC spot. She has to prove she still belongs top 100 by playing and progressing in few smaller tourney’s first.

Daniel
Dec 8th, 2004, 08:22 AM
go jelena take it :D

Mr_Molik
Dec 8th, 2004, 08:36 AM
Well there can be only one explanation – they still feel the guilt. :angel:

what have they got to b guilty about? she left them

Slumpsova
Dec 8th, 2004, 09:43 AM
let's hope she got it. don't you wanna see how she doing after taking a long break? i mean if she get ass kicked easily then we can call her Stevenson II.

daniela86
Dec 8th, 2004, 09:46 AM
i'm 100% sure she won't take it! :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: but i hope i am wrong!! plz jela, come back stronger than ever!!!

Fantastic
Dec 8th, 2004, 01:12 PM
Evie Dominikovic is the only Aussie main draw wildcard recipient so far, as the winner of the women's Uncle Toby challenger series.

My guesses are that Sophie Ferguson, Tiffany Welford and Casey Dellacqua will all receive main draw wildcards.

I still support Jelena. The offer of a wildcard is generous and I think it's a very noble goodwill gesture from Tennis Australia. I don't think that she should be punished for the sins of her father. She didn't make the decision to leave Australia herself. She has the choice to come back now, but look what happened to her mentally when all she wanted was a little bit of independence from her father.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Dec 8th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Right now it would be a wasting WC spot. She has to prove she still belongs top 100 by playing and progressing in few smaller tourney’s first.
Nobody who is recieving an AO WC belongs in the top 200 or 300 at the moment, let alone top 100. Only one of the wildcards will advance to round 2, if that. So I wouldn't really call it a waste when everyone else is in the same boat.

If Jelena has half a brain, she'll take the gift she's getting. She has 150 points to defend her first tournament back in Tokyo. In other words, she's defending more than half the points she won last year in her first event of 2005. A first round loss there will put her at around 230, which means she'll have to go through qualifying for every single WTA event and start playing challengers.

Vut
Dec 8th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Take it please!