PDA

View Full Version : The GS finalist club

Doraemon
Dec 7th, 2004, 09:50 AM
There have been a number of members in the club. This year saw a new memeber, Elena Dementieva. Once a player joins the club, she is destined not to win a GS. Currently we have Amelie Mauresmo, Kim Clijsters and Elena Dementieva. In the past there were Helena Sukova, Mary Joe Fernandez, Anke Huber. I thought Jana would end up in the club but somehow she found a way out. This club's memebership is so difficult to get rid of that most of the players who have joined it stay there for the rest of their careers.

Chunchun
Dec 7th, 2004, 10:01 AM
WTF :rolleyes:
i m feeling not v glad with this idiotic thread & "club" :ras:
y u always start such stupid thing?? :o :o :o

and what the shit do u mean
"Once a player joins the club, she is destined not to win a GS."??? :wazzup:
"This club's memebership is so difficult to get rid of that most of the players who have joined it stay there for the rest of their careers."

Dementinator
Dec 7th, 2004, 10:12 AM
Well I for one do not agree ,but very few players make it even to a single GS final let alone 2 ,so I would rather have been in 2 finals and lost than never get beyond a QF like most players.
Elena Will win a GS someday of that I am sure ,so this "club" definately has a way out!

AnDyDog621
Dec 7th, 2004, 10:26 AM
Venus joined in 1997 and came out in 2000

Doraemon
Dec 7th, 2004, 09:55 PM
But Venus will never ever win anohter GS.

Grachka
Dec 7th, 2004, 10:18 PM
But Venus will never ever win anohter GS.

Even if this were true, its completely irrelevant to what you were chuntering on about earlier.

Calimero377
Dec 7th, 2004, 10:23 PM
There have been a number of members in the club. This year saw a new memeber, Elena Dementieva. Once a player joins the club, she is destined not to win a GS. Currently we have Amelie Mauresmo, Kim Clijsters and Elena Dementieva. In the past there were Helena Sukova, Mary Joe Fernandez, Anke Huber. I thought Jana would end up in the club but somehow she found a way out. This club's memebership is so difficult to get rid of that most of the players who have joined it stay there for the rest of their careers.

Other players who joined the club but left it later are

- Evonne Goolagong
- Christine Evert
- Martina Navratilova
- Hana Mandlikova
- Gabriela Sabatini
- Mary Pierce
- Venus Williams
- Justine Henin

You may have heard of them.

j_dementieva27
Dec 7th, 2004, 10:38 PM
dementieva will win a slam... and so will mauresmo and even clijsters if the injury doesnt send her into retirement... this is just a stupid, negative thread

chitchat
Dec 7th, 2004, 10:41 PM

uh..... don't you think it's way too soon to make such a generalization???? :cool:

mr_burns
Dec 7th, 2004, 11:30 PM
I don't think dementieva will win a slam. I think next season it's amelie to make it.
And if Kim returns , she can really win many gs, if you remember how strong she played in the past

~K.BreakAway.C~
Dec 7th, 2004, 11:39 PM
Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams, Jennifer Capriati, Monica Seles, Lindsay Davenport, Anastasia Myskina, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Justine Henin-Hardenne are all members of this club :wavey:

yukon145
Dec 8th, 2004, 04:48 PM
how are Capriait, Myskina, Kuzentsova, and Sharapova members of the club? none of them have lost once getting to a grand slam final.

Prizeidiot
Dec 9th, 2004, 06:20 AM
I must say that your theory is STUPID. Wasn't Serena part of that 'club' once? Either way, the theory has been proven wrong so many times...

the bambi
Dec 9th, 2004, 05:18 PM
you forgot nathalie tauziat.

Saved!
Dec 9th, 2004, 07:57 PM
monica won her first slam final so she skipped this club and entered champions club right away. and some other ones too. i don't understand.

Helen Lawson
Dec 9th, 2004, 08:02 PM
I joined in 1948 and got out in 1959.