PDA

View Full Version : wow wow and wow....all aussie foxtel digital people read this

Mon's boy
Dec 7th, 2004, 12:40 AM
i found this is this month's foxtel magazine, there is no link on the fox sports website, but i will just copy it from the magazine

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

tennis gets sports active

the first grand slam of 2005, the australian open from january 17 to 30, is one of the biggest events on the tennis calendar, so the launch of fox sports active tennis on fox sports (ch11 & 12, d501 & 502) next month couldnt come at a better time.
the tennis feature on fox sports active will provide viewers with unrivalled choice during the tournament. they will be able to select from two live matches on offer, listen to commentary or just stadium crowds, watch live statistics on matches, look up individual player profiles, trach players' progress through the draw, as well as results and schedules. theres also the ability to keep up to date with everything the players are saying with a seperate news and views service - offering highlights of press conferences, interviews and player feedback. all this is at the viewer's fingertips, along with fox sports' traditional total commitment to grand slam tennis - offering 24 hour per day coverage. make the most of tennis on fox sports active by tuning into the australian open in january

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

how amazing is that?! i have been waiting for this for years and years. not even the tennis channel has coverage like this. i cant wait, as if i was excited enough already! i just email them as well to ask if this will be an ongoing thing or just for the grand slams

Sharapova's_Boy
Dec 7th, 2004, 12:49 AM
Damn it, I don't have digital. :fiery:

switz
Dec 7th, 2004, 12:50 AM
people always whinge about the lack of women's tennis on foxtel but i don't because i know we are very fortunate to have such access to the sport. this is going to happen at all the slam as well so we'll be getting dual network coverage plus multiple match options. very exciting. although i will be there for most of the tournament so i won't get that much out of it for the aus open.

Alfie
Dec 7th, 2004, 12:55 AM
Wow! This sounds amazing. I would love to get to see the press conferences. Is this only for Australian viewers?

F-R-E-A-K
Dec 7th, 2004, 03:54 AM
That's awesome! :kiss:

We just had 4 DIGI boxes installed 2 months ago :D

SpikeyAidanm
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:00 AM
I don't have digital and I'm glad.

Dan23
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:25 AM
Sounds good..:D

Mattographer
Dec 7th, 2004, 06:22 AM
I only care is watch a live matches, that's all.

CCCP1
Dec 7th, 2004, 06:23 AM
Omg excellent, will they be covering hopman cup as well

CCCP1
Dec 7th, 2004, 08:21 AM
I can't wait for this..

Mon's boy
Dec 21st, 2004, 04:41 AM
josh eagle and rachel mcquillan have been added to the commentary line-up for the aussie open. should be interesting, i like both those players (esp. josh) so im loking forward to hearing what they have to say

also, ive just emailed fox sports to ask why they havent got that different angle option for the fox sports active feature. i know i shouldnt be ungreatful, we get so much already, but i know for basketball and football you can watch the games from different angles, so why not tennis?