PDA

View Full Version : Did you ever consider givin' a player's name to one of your children

^bibi^
Dec 5th, 2004, 06:53 PM
I really fell in love with the name "Tamarine" when i first discover ms Tanasugarn a few years ago, and if I had children (which is not very likely, consedering that I'm gay lol) i'd probably give her the name of Tamarine...

Grohl
Dec 5th, 2004, 06:58 PM
only if I would like the name, I wouldn't call my baby karolina just because I like her, I have to like the name

Q&A
Dec 5th, 2004, 06:58 PM
We're naming her Elena. :D After her mother.

carot
Dec 5th, 2004, 07:00 PM
We're naming her Elena. :D After her mother.
What if it's a boy? ;)

^bibi^
Dec 5th, 2004, 07:02 PM
only if I would like the name, I wouldn't call my baby karolina just because I like her, I have to like the name
I'm not a huge fan of Tamarine, but i really like her name actually lol

Q&A
Dec 5th, 2004, 07:03 PM
What if it's a boy? ;)

Maybe 'Seymour'. :D Although I'm thinking Elena will wish to keep her maiden name, rather than take my surname.

bigshow21
Dec 5th, 2004, 07:09 PM
I am naming my daughter Jennifer Abby! I have always liked both of those names. If I have a 2nd daughter I will name her Abby Jennifer. LOL....I say this but who knows if it will really happen.

JCF
Dec 5th, 2004, 07:09 PM
No, I'm not that obsessed

pav
Dec 5th, 2004, 07:17 PM
I named Our little Jersey cow Gabby,but that was after the runner Szabo, and another larger red cow Lientien after Zijlaard van Moorsel waiting for one with a really good temprament to name Bepa!

crazillo
Dec 5th, 2004, 07:19 PM
Well, I called my rabbit Jana after Jana Novotna. :)

NicoMary
Dec 5th, 2004, 07:41 PM
anastasia, Venus, Mary, anna, tamarine, jelena.... are great first name:hearts:

PointBlank
Dec 5th, 2004, 07:43 PM
I named my cat Julia after Vakulenko..sadly she is now in sucksville..and dog Anna after Smashnova..but shes about to retire

!<blocparty>!
Dec 5th, 2004, 07:44 PM
Yes. I love the names Lindsay, Serena and Monica.

Wiggly
Dec 5th, 2004, 07:53 PM
If I have kids or for an animal like cats, dogs, etc

My choice would be Iveta :)

matija-seles
Dec 5th, 2004, 07:56 PM
My daughter will be Monica for sure.

englishjenfan
Dec 5th, 2004, 08:23 PM
Yep I have already planned to!

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Dec 5th, 2004, 08:31 PM
Yep I am for sure naming my daughter Jennifer. It is not only because of Jennifer Capriati but I also really like that name!!! For sure I probably would never have thought of this if it wasn't for Jen though!!!

mashenka best 1
Dec 5th, 2004, 08:43 PM
i'll name my future player kid...

marra the horra ....or sid!

(ok... i really am taking the pi*s!)

sartrista7
Dec 5th, 2004, 08:55 PM
:retard:

The world should be thankful that none of you fucking psychos will ever find anyone willing to have kids with you.

SilK
Dec 5th, 2004, 08:58 PM
well, I have never thought about it... I mean, there are not a lot of beautiful names in womans tennis. I named my two fish Anna & Martina though...

on the other hand... I've named my daughter Alyjah, as in my altered version and an ode to the late Aaliyah :)

Orion
Dec 5th, 2004, 09:05 PM
I named my son Rainier, but that was before I had heard of Rainier Schuettler. It's after a mountain in Washington State, in the United States, where my wife and I went on our honeymoon.

Joana
Dec 5th, 2004, 09:06 PM
No.

On the other hand, several years ago I did name my worm army in the fab PC game "Worms" after top 10 WTA players. :)

Q&A
Dec 5th, 2004, 09:10 PM

The world should be thankful that none of you fucking psychos will ever find anyone willing to have kids with you.

I was a sperm donor, so it's highly probable there are some of my children out there. :)

~K.BreakAway.C~
Dec 5th, 2004, 09:30 PM
I am going to name my daughters Makiri and Marlene. I don't like either of those players, but those names are cute!

Gowza
Dec 5th, 2004, 10:02 PM
the thought of thinking about giving one of my children a players name didnt even enter my mind so no i never have and probably wont consider a players name for a child.

beauty_is_pink
Dec 5th, 2004, 10:20 PM
I never thought of that, but I remember wanting to name my kid after Martina Hingis because she's my all time fave :rolleyes: :lol: I was like 11 at that time :lol:

~K.BreakAway.C~
Dec 5th, 2004, 10:23 PM
and dog Anna after Smashnova..but shes about to retire

WTF???? Anna will play next year! :bounce:

JLDementieva
Dec 5th, 2004, 10:23 PM
I love the names Daniela and Anastasia, so hey I'd totally give one of my daughters those names (if I ever have kids that is!)

tennislover
Dec 5th, 2004, 10:32 PM
Ask Hingis' mother the same question....... ;)

Pamela Shriver
Dec 5th, 2004, 10:41 PM
You should ALL call your children Pam.

Apparently Melanie Molitor wanted to call Martina Pamela Hingis but the P didn't work on the type writer at the birth certificate office.
True story that.

tennislover
Dec 5th, 2004, 10:50 PM
You should ALL call your children Pam.

Apparently Melanie Molitor wanted to call Martina Pamela Hingis but the P didn't work on the type writer at the birth certificate office.
True story that.
:lol:
I confirm that.......
Pam,you are the mouth of truth.....

Pamela Shriver
Dec 5th, 2004, 10:52 PM
:lol:
I confirm that.......
Pam,you are the mouth of truth.....
With the emphasis on mouth ;)

tennislover
Dec 5th, 2004, 10:54 PM
With the emphasis on mouth ;)

yes :)

PointBlank
Dec 5th, 2004, 11:22 PM
WTF???? Anna will play next year! :bounce:
Not all year.

j_dementieva27
Dec 5th, 2004, 11:26 PM
i have always like the name justine... and elena, but both before i became fans of either player

faboozadoo15
Dec 5th, 2004, 11:32 PM

;) maybe u could lighten up a tad :kiss:
what's wrong with giving a girl the name monica, anna, martina, mary, ... it would be hard to think of names that don't have a good tennis player for them.

^bibi^
Dec 6th, 2004, 08:42 PM

The world should be thankful that none of you fucking psychos will ever find anyone willing to have kids with you.:lol: :lol:

Elena_Bovina
Dec 6th, 2004, 08:46 PM
When I retire after completing the BOVINA-SLAM..I pregnant 4 times

*abby*
Dec 6th, 2004, 09:05 PM
i no a little girl a few months old now her 2 middle names are jennifer capriati :devil: her dad did it at the last minute when he was getting her registered :bounce:

Elena_Bovina
Dec 6th, 2004, 09:30 PM
i no a little girl a few months old now her 2 middle names are jennifer capriati :devil: her dad did it at the last minute when he was getting her registered :bounce:

I don't believe you........

Spunky83
Dec 6th, 2004, 09:30 PM
anastasia, Venus, Mary, anna, tamarine, jelena.... are great first name:hearts:

You want to hava a soap-opera cast as kids? :lol: ...no, I agree, there are some players with incredible nice names. Love the name Venus, but I already named my plant Venus (itīs a Venus Flytrap actually;))

Spunky83
Dec 6th, 2004, 09:32 PM
I was a sperm donor, so it's highly probable there are some of my children out there. :)

:baby: Little Q & As out there...take care!!!

Martian Jeza
Dec 6th, 2004, 09:36 PM
If it's a girl : Martina or Chelsea ;)

St.Sebastian
Dec 7th, 2004, 02:38 PM
When I retire after completing the BOVINA-SLAM..I pregnant 4 times

:haha:

Who the fuck is banning this funny poster? :smash:

Experimentee
Dec 7th, 2004, 03:58 PM
I really like the name Tamarine as well. Also I like the names Venus and Serena. Other tennis player names I like are Vera, Amelie and Alicia.

I guess I would call my kids some of these names if i ever had any. I liked most of those names even before I heard of the tennis players, Serena was always one of my favourite names since I was little.

"Sluggy"
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:05 PM
i might have to rename my daughter Tatiana and my son Serena.