PDA

View Full Version : So can we say Maria is better then Serena now?

Doraemon
Dec 5th, 2004, 01:28 AM
Sharapova has won their last two meetings quite convincingly. I think it's fair to say the next time they square off, Serena will be the underdog, which I thinik will take a lot of pressure off Serena with a "nothing to lose" attitude.
I can't wait for their next meeting. Serena will be eager to avenge the loss at the YEC final, although she lost the match fair and sqaure.

le bon vivant
Dec 5th, 2004, 01:48 AM
Of course, Maria has won 4 in a row, yes?

icequeen
Dec 5th, 2004, 01:53 AM
Sharapova has won their last two meetings quite convincingly. I think it's fair to say the next time they square off, Serena will be the underdog, which I thinik will take a lot of pressure off Serena with a "nothing to lose" attitude.
I can't wait for their next meeting. Serena will be eager to avenge the loss at the YEC final, although she lost the match fair and sqaure.

How could you say she won convincingly when Serena was clearly injured in the YEC and leading 4-0.

switz
Dec 5th, 2004, 01:57 AM
i haven't been around that much lately but am i right in assuming that any thread started by saint seiya is inevitably going to be annoying?

Andy.
Dec 5th, 2004, 01:58 AM
These are the reasons why Masha and her fans are dissliked can people please stop making these types of threads It puts Masha and her fans down. We clearly know she is not yet Better than Serena. Serena has won many more things and has been a hugely dominant player and she was injures when she lost to Masha. Im a huge Masha fan and i know she is not a better player than Serena yet.

Siyasema
Dec 5th, 2004, 04:34 AM
Was Maria's goal in life to only be better than Serena or be Serena? I did not realize Serena was that big of an influence and standard in Maria's life. Go Serena :clap2:

tennisIlove09
Dec 5th, 2004, 04:35 AM
until Maria has won all four majors and was as dominate as Serena, no. but then again, we probably won't see anyone as dominate as Serena for a few years.

Cuckoo
Dec 5th, 2004, 05:10 AM
until Maria has won all four majors and was as dominate as Serena, no. but then again, we probably won't see anyone as dominate as Serena for a few years.

agree.

Martian KC
Dec 5th, 2004, 05:34 AM
:o Let's wait to see if she can actually win another slam first.

Jaime Bahena
Dec 6th, 2004, 07:43 PM

...got that right!! Then again, the first time anyone says something like "we probably won't see anyone as dominant as Serena for a few years," here comes somebody new again. By the way, we will never see anyone as dominant as Navratilova in her prime. She lost nly three singles matches in two years, and played about 170 matches those two years combined. No one, not even Maria or Serena, is that good.

bandabou
Dec 6th, 2004, 08:54 PM
If you wish......will she have a better career than Serena too? Hmmm.....no.1, all four majors, four majors in a row etc....the bar is set pretty high.

jrm
Dec 6th, 2004, 09:06 PM
Serena in top form should dispatch Maria in less than an hour. But when was Serena in good form lately?

Yam
Dec 6th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Serena in top form should dispatch Maria in less than an hour. But when was Serena in good form lately?

where's the evidence? there certainly is evidence of maria dipatching serena easily on the biggest stage of all, ie wimbledon final.