PDA

View Full Version : Harkleroad and Bogomolov to marry today

tennischick
Dec 4th, 2004, 07:01 PM
Harkleroad and Bogomolov to marry today

Ashley Harkleroad, 19, and Alex Bogomolov, 21, are being married today in Harkleroad's hometown of Flintstone, Georgia.

Q&A
Dec 4th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Did carot get an invite?

cartmancop
Dec 4th, 2004, 07:24 PM
I thought that they broke up sometime during this year ??

Harju.
Dec 4th, 2004, 07:28 PM
If this for real? If yes then,

Awwww :hug: I'm glad they sorted things out and get married. Congrats.

PointBlank
Dec 4th, 2004, 08:01 PM
I thought they split..well anyways congrats!

the cat
Dec 4th, 2004, 08:04 PM
I think Ashley and Alex are good kids and I wish them the best in their marriage and life. :) But isn't it amazing how when a young female tennis players gets involved with a guy her game slips?

TatiAnnahølic
Dec 4th, 2004, 08:10 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: a bit shocking but welldone Ashley & Alex! :D :worship:

I assume Anna was at the ceremony since she and Alex are very close friends :D hopefully we'll have pics soon...

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 4th, 2004, 08:11 PM
i thought they split as well :confused:

Ravsieg
Dec 4th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Yeah I heard they split and that was what caused Ashley to sink.

~K.BreakAway.C~
Dec 4th, 2004, 08:45 PM
Any name changes for Ashley? Or nationality changes?

tennislover
Dec 4th, 2004, 08:50 PM
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

alex.2812
Dec 4th, 2004, 09:16 PM
any pics?

SelesFan70
Dec 4th, 2004, 10:36 PM
I'll need more proof than this to believe Pebbles is married! :(

Mattographer
Dec 4th, 2004, 10:55 PM
I also thought they're split sometimes this year :confused:

Mattographer
Dec 4th, 2004, 10:56 PM
Nationality changed? :lol: Alex Bogomolov, Jr. is representing the United States of America so, there won't changed for Ashley Harkleroad! :p

clonesheep
Dec 4th, 2004, 11:20 PM

Ashley Bogomolova? That would give her some ova power.

~K.BreakAway.C~
Dec 4th, 2004, 11:21 PM
Nationality changed? :lol: Alex Bogomolov, Jr. is representing the United States of America so, there won't changed for Ashley Harkleroad! :p

How am I supposed to know the nationality of an unknown player?

PointBlank
Dec 4th, 2004, 11:24 PM
I think Ashley and Alex are good kids and I wish them the best in their marriage and life. :) But isn't it amazing how when a young female tennis players gets involved with a guy her game slips?
The only good one is Kim and Lleyton

icequeen
Dec 4th, 2004, 11:59 PM
I hate to be negative but I can guranteed you that I give this marriage 6 months. They are too young. I also predicted on another board that Kim and Hewitt's relationship was not going to last either they are just mere kids playing an adult game they have not been around long enough in this world to gain the experience that people need to hold a marriage together hell, even people old enough to married can't hold it together farless two teenagers now trying to make it to adulthood.

beauty_is_pink
Dec 5th, 2004, 12:05 AM
uhhh.. i thought they broke up? :scratch:

Kart
Dec 5th, 2004, 12:09 AM
That's a young age to get married, I wonder why so soon ...

Chunchun
Dec 5th, 2004, 12:22 AM
:eek: :woohoo:

Pics??

Junex
Dec 5th, 2004, 01:09 AM
I hate to be negative but I can guranteed you that I give this marriage 6 months. They are too young. I also predicted on another board that Kim and Hewitt's relationship was not going to last either they are just mere kids playing an adult game they have not been around long enough in this world to gain the experience that people need to hold a marriage together hell, even people old enough to married can't hold it together farless two teenagers now trying to make it to adulthood.

that is exactly the point!
old or young it doesn't really matter.
maturity to handle the pressures and responsibility of being married doesn't really depend on one's age.

My parents married very young like my mom was 17 & my dad 18 but they lasted together like 40 years now.
On top of that i can really say they were living together happily.

The only requirement for marriage is an honest sincere commitment.

Dawn Marie
Dec 5th, 2004, 01:45 AM
too young, call me when they get their divorce.

icequeen
Dec 5th, 2004, 01:57 AM
maturity to handle the pressures and responsibility of being married doesn't really depend on one's age.

My parents married very young like my mom was 17 & my dad 18 but they lasted together like 40 years now.

Yea but that was way back then when things were much different you can't really compare your parents of yester-year with today's young people.

switz
Dec 5th, 2004, 02:03 AM
Yea but that was way back then when things were much different you can't really compare your parents of yester-year with today's young people.

you can't really compare 2 people you don't know from a bar of soap to a general trend in society. for all you know this is exactly what they want/need. i personally think it's too young but i don't feel like i'm in a position to judge them.

Vut
Dec 5th, 2004, 02:04 AM
:eek:

~K.BreakAway.C~
Dec 5th, 2004, 03:40 AM
too young, call me when they get their divorce.

my mom and dad got married at 18 and 21 respectively.......

and they didn't get divorced until 24 years later :lol: :p

Harju.
Dec 5th, 2004, 03:43 AM
what's up with you people. Instead of congratulating them, you guys have already talked about their divorce. Geez. how crappy get this get :rolleyes:

icequeen
Dec 5th, 2004, 03:44 AM
you can't really compare 2 people you don't know from a bar of soap to a general trend in society. for all you know this is exactly what they want/need. i personally think it's too young but i don't feel like i'm in a position to judge them.

What are the odds that that marriage will last?

JLDementieva
Dec 5th, 2004, 04:00 AM
What is it with tennis players getting married so young...

Andy T
Dec 5th, 2004, 06:47 AM
I hope she keeps her own name for tennis purposes - or adopts his. A double barrelled Harkleroad-Bogomolov would require a scoreboard the length of the end of the court.

~K.BreakAway.C~
Dec 5th, 2004, 06:59 AM
I hope she keeps her own name for tennis purposes - or adopts his. A double barrelled Harkleroad-Bogomolov would require a scoreboard the length of the end of the court.

Harkleroad-BogomolovA ;)

Tylane
Dec 5th, 2004, 07:02 AM
I think that's a waste. I don't understand why they want to marry as young, it will finish by a divorce, that's so stupid. They could live happy without beiing married :rolleyes:

Brαm
Dec 5th, 2004, 08:32 AM
Harkleroad and Bogomolov to marry today

Ashley Harkleroad, 19, and Alex Bogomolov, 21, are being married today in Harkleroad's hometown of Flintstone, Georgia.
I need a longer article and a source to believe this ;)

Piotr'ek
Dec 5th, 2004, 08:58 AM
I thought she loves me :kiss:

Boggy you're dead :fiery:

hablo
Dec 5th, 2004, 10:31 AM

It used to be the norm to get married so young back in the day. Nowadays, I don't young-ins are as ready for such commitment ;)

switz
Dec 5th, 2004, 10:40 AM
What are the odds that that marriage will last?

asking that question demonstrate that you obviously don't understand what i just said.

we don't know them so how the fuck should i know the odds of their marriage lasting. my parents where 21 and 20 when they got married and they are still deeply in love 30 years later. no stat on the numberof marriages that end in divorce is going to change that.

their marriage might last week or it might last forever. i simply see no need to speculate on such things.

Experimentee
Dec 5th, 2004, 10:49 AM
I thought they broke up too :confused:

I personally think its too young myself. Although it does still happen a lot (a few of my friends were married as teenagers) I dont think its the best way to go about things. People should give themselves time before they rush into something as serious as marriage.

Spunky83
Dec 5th, 2004, 10:56 AM
That's a young age to get married, I wonder why so soon ...

It´s the Justine way of life...and it worked out pretty well! :angel:

vettipooh
Dec 5th, 2004, 12:38 PM
Shotgun wedding, perhaps. Is she pregnant? This seems all of a sudden after such a public breakup.:confused:

icequeen
Dec 5th, 2004, 03:24 PM
asking that question demonstrate that you obviously don't understand what i just said.

we don't know them so how the fuck should i know the odds of their marriage lasting. my parents where 21 and 20 when they got married and they are still deeply in love 30 years later. no stat on the numberof marriages that end in divorce is going to change that.

their marriage might last week or it might last forever. i simply see no need to speculate on such things.

I don't know why it is necessary for you to use such bad language.

TennisTutor
Dec 5th, 2004, 03:42 PM
I need a longer article and a source to believe this ;)

I think this news would be all over the tennis world by now. I haven't been able to valildate in on one site. :confused:

vettipooh
Dec 5th, 2004, 04:20 PM
I think this news would be all over the tennis world by now. I haven't been able to valildate in on one site. :confused:Its on tennisnews.com, but only two lines. Not a long article.

Grohl
Dec 5th, 2004, 05:46 PM
congratz

ktwtennis
Dec 6th, 2004, 12:31 AM
I just have one thing to say--You ppl. are horrible for condemning this couple to divorce b/c of your preconceived notions that "young" people can't marry.

Je_ne_sais_quoi
Dec 6th, 2004, 12:37 AM
Ashley Bogomolova? That would give her some ova power.
:lol: LOL! That sounds great!:lol:

icequeen
Dec 6th, 2004, 01:19 AM
I just have one thing to say--You ppl. are horrible for condemning this couple to divorce b/c of your preconceived notions that "young" people can't marry.

We are not saying they can't married we are saying being so young it's inevitable that it will not last.

Junex
Dec 6th, 2004, 02:03 AM
We are not saying they can't married we are saying being so young it's inevitable that it will not last.

that is quite a generalization ice.

as i said, commitment to one's love does not come with age.

divorce is not synonymous to marrying young.

Harju.
Dec 6th, 2004, 02:12 AM
did you even know them? geez, get over it. they are getting married and just wish them happiness, or else, get out of here and stop talking about divorce.

miranda_lou
Dec 6th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Harkleroad-BogomolovA
I thought "ova" meant "daughter of" and had nothing to do with the wife.:confused:

Also, he's an American now so it shouldn't matter anyway.

I haven't read about this anywhere else on the Internet but, if they are married, I hope Ashley is happy because she wasn't happy after they broke up.:rolleyes:

ktwtennis
Dec 7th, 2004, 12:36 AM
We are not saying they can't married we are saying being so young it's inevitable that it will not last.Until you can prove to me that EVERY young marriage is destined to not last, I think you need to relax your opinions. In fact, I challenge you to find that the majority of young marriages do not last...Every couple is unique--there shouldn't be generalizations...