PDA

View Full Version : You help please : Which tennis match should I buy ?

XaDavK_Kapri
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:17 PM
I already am buying Hingis def. Serena AO 2001 8-6 in the third and I can buy one more, not one too long (Not over 3 hours, I think) because I don't want to pay too much ;) I'm a poor guy :awww: :p

I was thinking of buying one of the thrilling matches between Steffi and ASV. What was the best according to you guys ?

Or maybe a Capriati-Seles battle... I was also thinking of Loit-Serena (the famous one) but I remembered that Serena hit a lot of UE's during that match.
Maybe Navratilova-Evert ? I don't know :sobbing: I can't decide.

What I'm looking for actually, is a beautiful match with not a lot of errors... A big match where both girls are playing their best and taking it to each other.

If you can help me decide, that'd be nice :)

Chunchun
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:51 PM
as a LenaD fan, i would buy Lena def. Jen/Venus/Amelie this year

maybe momo v. HH AI 04? a lot of ppl say that's good :)

or others good quality match this year:
HH def. Myskina 75 57 86
Myskina def. Zvonareva 62 67 76
Lindsay def. Venus 76 57 76

bandabou
Dec 4th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Well there are so many....

Justine vs Jennifer ´03 u.s.open SF
Jennifer vs Serena ´02 YEC SF
both Momo vs Serena matches this year..

Jorn
Dec 4th, 2004, 03:33 PM
There are many, maybe Maria d. Serena YEC final. I have watch it some times, a good match. But NOT if you're a Serena fan ;)

fammmmedspin
Dec 4th, 2004, 06:26 PM
I already am buying Hingis def. Serena AO 2001 8-6 in the third and I can buy one more, not one too long (Not over 3 hours, I think) because I don't want to pay too much ;) I'm a poor guy :awww: :p

I was thinking of buying one of the thrilling matches between Steffi and ASV. What was the best according to you guys ?

Or maybe a Capriati-Seles battle... I was also thinking of Loit-Serena (the famous one) but I remembered that Serena hit a lot of UE's during that match.

What I'm looking for actually, is a beautiful match with not a lot of errors... A big match where both girls are playing their best and taking it to each other.

Who do you want to win the ASV v Steffi matches? If Graf, Wimbledon 95 final is the one with the long long game. If you want ASV to win there are 3-4 to choose from.

The original classic Jen V Monica from jen's first incarnation is the USO sf 91?

GoDominique
Dec 4th, 2004, 06:32 PM
Yeah, Steffi vs. Arantxa (Wimbledon 1995) is definitely worth watching for that one game alone. :)

fammmmedspin
Dec 4th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Yeah, Steffi vs. Arantxa (Wimbledon 1995) is definitely worth watching for that one game alone. :)
Its also another turning point in Steffi's career. ASV was getting competitive (like Sabatini and Novotna in 91 and 93) but Steffi moved out ahead again.:)

Elldee
Dec 4th, 2004, 06:59 PM
Lindsay df Steffi - Wimbledon 1999 :D

That's what I plan to get for xmas :D Does anyone know where I can find the stanford final of this year in full?

clonesheep
Dec 4th, 2004, 07:25 PM

One of the best matches in recent memory is Justine d. Capriati '03 US Open SF 4-6 7-5 7-6. The score line doesn't tell the whole story. It's a 3-hour match with each set lasting 1 hour evenly. High quality tennis from beginning to the end. Actually, should the match stop at the 2nd set and Jennifer won (she was 5-3 serving for the match) it would still be a classic, because of the quality of play. It was so evenly matched that at the end each player won exactly 120 points.

tennislover
Dec 4th, 2004, 07:34 PM
if i were you I'd buy the most "dramatic" match i've ever seen:
1984 US open final beetwen Navratilova and Evert

another good pick:
1992 Roland Garros final beetwen Seles and Graf: that endless 3rd set was unforgettable

Calimero377
Dec 4th, 2004, 09:06 PM

Greatest Graf-ASV match was FO 96 final without a doubt. 10-8 in 3rd. ASV never was better.

Match with the best winners/UEs relation was Graf-Navratilova, Wimbledon final 88. Graf hit 79 winners and made only 34 UEs. Navi had 44 winners and 18 UEs. Unthinkable today. The greatest match ever.

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Oizo
Dec 4th, 2004, 09:46 PM
Roland Garros final of 1999 when Steffi defeated in one of the best and most dramatic matches ever Martina Hingis 4:6, 7:5, 6:2. Hingis served for the match being 5:4 and 15:0 up, but Graf broke her game and then the match turned ;)

SpikeyAidanm
Dec 5th, 2004, 01:19 AM
I recommend 1985 RG final - Evert def. Navratilova.

This is at the peak of the best rivalry in women's tennis. :)

XaDavK_Kapri
Dec 10th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Thanks guys :D