PDA

View Full Version : Early Commitments for Paris, Antwerp, Memphis

pierce0415
Dec 4th, 2004, 04:16 AM
I know some of this may have been posted before but I believe there is some new info here:

According to the tourney websites:

Paris:
Mauresmo, Sharapova, Dementieva, Pierce, Dechy, Golovin

Antwerp:
Mauresmo, V Williams, Clijsters, Dementieva, Myskina

Memphis:
Zvonareva, Vaidisova, Raymond
Roddick, Fish

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lindzi, Jen missing but that is expected ... :o
but Justine, Serena not playing any of these tourneys? :mad: :rolleyes: I thought Serena always played Paris and Justine Antwerp :(

Hopefully Hingis enters Antwerp Main Draw on top of exhibition against Sabitini

power26
Dec 4th, 2004, 04:20 AM
Go Venus, Get The Diamond Racquet!

PointBlank
Dec 4th, 2004, 04:21 AM
YAY!! I finally get to see Nicole! :kiss: :woohoo:

PointBlank
Dec 4th, 2004, 04:23 AM
I was thinking of not being a ball kid and jsut going on SF and Finals..but now that Nicole is here I will be a ball kid..for those that dont know if you are a ball kid in Memphis you get a free pass the whole week for any matches you want..like a wristband at the fair..but the wristbands are always pink :(

SzavayFi
Dec 4th, 2004, 04:25 AM
I used to live in memphis, i was a member of the raquet club too! i met Todd Martin there, well actually i dont remember it i was 1 and a half and my dad was holding me while i was throwing a fit, Todd martin came over and started talking to my dad because he though my dad worked there, they got into a long convo i think, lol. well so much for the long story, lol.

pierce0415
Dec 4th, 2004, 04:26 AM
I was thinking of not being a ball kid and jsut going on SF and Finals..but now that Nicole is here I will be a ball kid..for those that dont know if you are a ball kid in Memphis you get a free pass the whole week for any matches you want..like a wristband at the fair..but the wristbands are always pink :(
I think the WTA is really trying to hype Nicole as their next big Phenom ... In some interview, Larry Scott mentioned a bunch of the top players, then mentioned Nicole and Sesil as being "thrown into the mix in 2005" ... Now they are going out of their way to advertise her as an early commitment

Then in their list of top ranking movers for 2004, they omit Na Li and drool over Nicole :fiery: :tape:

Gogo123
Dec 4th, 2004, 04:56 AM
Well these are still early commitments so hopefully Serena plays in Paris as she has a good record there.

Hopefully, Venus gets the Diamond racquet.

PointBlank
Dec 4th, 2004, 05:08 AM
I think the WTA is really trying to hype Nicole as their next big Phenom ... In some interview, Larry Scott mentioned a bunch of the top players, then mentioned Nicole and Sesil as being "thrown into the mix in 2005" ... Now they are going out of their way to advertise her as an early commitment

Then in their list of top ranking movers for 2004, they omit Na Li and drool over Nicole :fiery: :tape:
Its because she isnt 16 and blonde :p

PointBlank
Dec 4th, 2004, 05:09 AM
I used to live in memphis, i was a member of the raquet club too! i met Todd Martin there, well actually i dont remember it i was 1 and a half and my dad was holding me while i was throwing a fit, Todd martin came over and started talking to my dad because he though my dad worked there, they got into a long convo i think, lol. well so much for the long story, lol.
I love how the tournament is..you are so close to players and coachs..I like the hallway filled with previous champs..Im going there in 2 weeks..I hope they have Vera up

Lemonskin.
Dec 4th, 2004, 05:11 AM
Go Masha in Paris :D

AjdeNate!
Dec 4th, 2004, 05:16 AM
K-Lina will play Antwerp and Paris. :D

PointBlank
Dec 4th, 2004, 05:21 AM
K-Lina will play Antwerp and Paris. :D
Ajmo. :)

Daniel
Dec 4th, 2004, 06:22 AM
Nastya :clap2:

Tichi
Dec 4th, 2004, 06:54 AM
I know some of this may have been posted before but I believe there is some new info here:

According to the tourney websites:

Paris:
Mauresmo, Sharapova, Dementieva, Pierce, Dechy, Golovin

Antwerp:
Mauresmo, V Williams, Clijsters, Dementieva, Myskina

Memphis:
Zvonareva, Vaidisova, Raymond
Roddick, Fish

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lindzi, Jen missing but that is expected ... :o
but Justine, Serena not playing any of these tourneys? :mad: :rolleyes: I thought Serena always played Paris and Justine Antwerp :(

Hopefully Hingis enters Antwerp Main Draw on top of exhibition against Sabitini
Henin is not playing in Antwerp, the first years she did. But in fact the indoortournament doesn't really fit in her calendar. She had an argument with the tournaments director last year, about him promoting Kim too much or something lik that. But that's all solved, it's just because she can't match it with her schedule.
Too bad I think, when such a small country as Belgium has two worldclass players and there is a tournament on home soil; it's only being polite to show up as a player.

Chunchun
Dec 4th, 2004, 08:09 AM
no HH in Antwerp?? :scratch:

Kuti Kis&Monica
Dec 4th, 2004, 09:10 AM
Masha in Paris :eek: :)

Tenisci
Dec 4th, 2004, 09:14 AM
ipek senoglu said that she may play in Memphis

pierce0415
Dec 4th, 2004, 06:55 PM
Henin is not playing in Antwerp, the first years she did. But in fact the indoortournament doesn't really fit in her calendar. She had an argument with the tournaments director last year, about him promoting Kim too much or something lik that. But that's all solved, it's just because she can't match it with her schedule.
Too bad I think, when such a small country as Belgium has two worldclass players and there is a tournament on home soil; it's only being polite to show up as a player.
Why can't Justine put it into her schedule? She is not playing Tokyo or Paris ... I guess she can't say no to the huge appearance fees in Doha and Dubai :tape: :lol:

PointBlank
Dec 4th, 2004, 07:02 PM
ipek senoglu said that she may play in Memphis
But probably only doubles. :(

AjdeNate!
Dec 4th, 2004, 07:03 PM
J2H has never done really well in Paris Indoors and I can see her point about Antwerp.... Why can't our faves just play every week so we can watch them all the time? :p ;)

Venus+Serena#1fan
Dec 4th, 2004, 07:07 PM
I don't think Serena knows her schedule yet, im sure she will play Paris and Doha. Maybe Antwerp too.

~K.BreakAway.C~
Dec 4th, 2004, 09:19 PM
I am hoping Serena will play more than 11 tourneys next year ;). This is a predicted scheduele by me.

Australian Open
Doha
Dubai
Miami
Amelia Island
Rome
French Open
Wimbledon
San Diego
Los Angeles
New Haven (who knows? it might happen!)
US Open
Beijing
Linz
Philadelphia
YEC ;)

16 events is a good scheduele for Serena, don't you think?

NOTE: I am NO tennis expert, so don't criticise me to bad if this list doesn't make sense. :lol: