PDA

View Full Version : Sharapova willforce WS into retirement

jeanie
Dec 4th, 2004, 01:53 AM
Do you think Maria Sharapova will force the WS to retire from the game the way the WS force Martina Hingis out?

Doc
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:23 AM
I don't think Maria will "force" them out.

If they can't get back to the very top of the game in the next couple of years, they may well decide to call it a day and move into other spheres. I don't think they'll hang about too long at the bottom end of the Top Ten.

icequeen
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:35 AM
Yea, right. :rolleyes:

Lemonskin.
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:42 AM
I don't think so...

Paneru
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:43 AM
Is this a serious thread? :haha:

SzavayFi
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:46 AM
heck no, the WS are gonna beat sharapova too.....shes not like dominateing right now...

JLDementieva
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:46 AM
um... no, and the Williams didn't exactly force Hingis into retirement either :rolleyes:

Jaime Bahena
Dec 4th, 2004, 04:05 PM
heck no, the WS are gonna beat sharapova too.....shes not like dominating right now...

She may not be dominating right now, but Masha has a good head start. 17 years old, beat Serena twice in the same year, Venus one time. I would think that accounts for something, right?

hablo
Dec 4th, 2004, 04:07 PM
:rolleyes:

SzavayFi
Dec 4th, 2004, 04:08 PM
accounts for something, yea.....still, they have played close matches and Maria is NOT going to win everyone one of then. Yes, Maria is talented, athletic, and has extreame potential, the game nowdays is too advanced for any one girl to dominate. Maria may have a mental advantage over them for now, but you'll see, im sure next year is going to surprise us all, i dont know what is going to happen though.

moby
Dec 4th, 2004, 04:09 PM
um... no, and the Williams didn't exactly force Hingis into retirement either :rolleyes:
i think that's the whole point of this thread :angel:

SzavayFi
Dec 4th, 2004, 04:10 PM
i think that's the whole point of this thread :angel:
how :confused:

xr6turbo
Dec 4th, 2004, 04:12 PM
:lol: :rolleyes:

dreamgoddess099
Dec 4th, 2004, 04:21 PM
She may not be dominating right now, but Masha has a good head start. 17 years old, beat Serena twice in the same year, Venus one time. I would think that accounts for something, right?Not really. The sisters have been giving out free wins all year.

bandabou
Dec 4th, 2004, 04:34 PM
How´s she gonna do so? Because she scored a couple of wins over them? Everybody loses from time to time....great for her that she´s winning.....but I don´t think she´s gonna push anybody into retirement.....that´d be like saying that Myskina and Sveta are gonna push Maria into retirement.

moby
Dec 4th, 2004, 04:48 PM
how :confused:the whole point of the thread is just to tell williams fans that it is not very nice to accuse martina of being forced out of the sport by them (as some of them insinuate from time to time)

just as they probably didn't find the suggesting of V & S being forced out of the sport by maria funny

or as bandabou is illustrating, it is not amusing for maria fans that SHE could be forced out of the game...

i could go on. shall i? ;)

Brandon85
Dec 4th, 2004, 05:08 PM
injuries might force them to retire but not sharapova...even though i love maria she's not that good yet.

Spunky83
Dec 4th, 2004, 05:10 PM
Sure!!! :lol:

Welcome to the on board Jeanie & take care of your further posts;)

icequeen
Dec 4th, 2004, 06:56 PM
She may not be dominating right now, but Masha has a good head start. 17 years old, beat Serena twice in the same year, Venus one time. I would think that accounts for something, right?

No it does not count when you beat an injured player or a player who just returned from a long injury.

icequeen
Dec 4th, 2004, 06:57 PM
accounts for something, yea.....still, they have played close matches and Maria is NOT going to win everyone one of then. Yes, Maria is talented, athletic, and has extreame potential, the game nowdays is too advanced for any one girl to dominate. Maria may have a mental advantage over them for now, but you'll see, im sure next year is going to surprise us all, i dont know what is going to happen though.

I have to disagree with that mental advantage thing over V&S. No she does not.

Frank
Dec 4th, 2004, 07:15 PM
Yes, of course. Venus and Serena will have to spend the rest of their lives in a Tibetan cloister, to overthink their failures in life. :angel:

tennnisfannn
Dec 5th, 2004, 12:53 AM
So Hingis has been faking injury all these years! I guess mashona, pierce and all the russians who beat maria will force maria into retirement. Looks like tennis is gonna cease soon coz by my last count, no sngle player has gone undefeated in a sinlge season.
Jeanie, it is obviously such painful wishful thinking on your part. Sorry ain't happening!

Volcana
Dec 5th, 2004, 12:58 AM
Do you think Maria Sharapova will force the WS to retire from the game the way the WS force Martina Hingis out?No. Hingis had to retire due to injury. Sharapova will actually force the WS out of the game. Six or seven years from now.

Stefwhit
Dec 5th, 2004, 01:00 AM
the whole point of the thread is just to tell williams fans that it is not very nice to accuse martina of being forced out of the sport by them (as some of them insinuate from time to time)

just as they probably didn't find the suggesting of V & S being forced out of the sport by maria funny

or as bandabou is illustrating, it is not amusing for maria fans that SHE could be forced out of the game...

i could go on. shall i? ;)

Child you need some sleep. At there best no player on tour can beat the williams sisters period.

Volcana
Dec 5th, 2004, 01:05 AM
just as they probably didn't find the suggesting of V & S being forced out of the sport by maria funnyI thought it was funny. Was that actually serious? I thought jeanie just forgot the smilie.

moby
Dec 5th, 2004, 02:00 AM
I thought it was funny. Was that actually serious? I thought jeanie just forgot the smilie.
well yes i guess it's funny if you don't take it seriously
but there are more than a few people in this thread who are turning this into an Us-against-them debate :angel:

people like stefwhit for instance :)

Jaime Bahena
Dec 6th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Not really. The sisters have been giving out free wins all year.

I'm so sure....

Venus: "Here you go, Masha. Take it, I'm kinda tired."
Serena: "Go ahead, Masha. You win. I have two Wimbledon trophies, anyway... don't need a third one."

Pureracket
Dec 6th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Do you think Maria Sharapova will force the WS to retire from the game the way the WS force Martina Hingis out?You pose it as a statement in the title. Now, you are asking it like a question. Obviously, we know your opinion already. The Williams Sisters have not been #1 for over 2 years now. Why would you focus on them and the ones ranked ahead of them? (. . . and yet another thread about the Williams Sisters).

bandabou
Dec 6th, 2004, 06:30 PM
After the YEC....highly doubt Maria is gonna force Venus, let alone Serena, out of the game.

Paneru
Dec 6th, 2004, 06:34 PM
You pose it as a statement in the title. Now, you are asking it like a question. Obviously, we know your opinion already. The Williams Sisters have not been #1 for over 2 years now. Why would you focus on them and the ones ranked ahead of them? (. . . and yet another thread about the Williams Sisters).

:lol:

They say the Williams Era is over and
yet they continually talk about them as
if they were still at the top and the one's
to beat at this point! :lol:

Elena_Bovina
Dec 6th, 2004, 06:36 PM
I shall be number 1 player next year.........

Jaime Bahena
Dec 6th, 2004, 07:33 PM
Child you need some sleep. At there best no player on tour can beat the williams sisters period.

At their best, who would win if they played each other? Shoots your stupid theory down, right?

bandabou
Dec 6th, 2004, 08:52 PM
why worry? They are over anyways....who cares if they play or not. Thought the Russian-era already started. The Williamses are old news.....forget about them.

Helen Lawson
Dec 6th, 2004, 09:09 PM
No one forced me out of Hollywood, I semi-retired on my own terms to do other things with the people that I love.

Volcana
Oct 9th, 2012, 02:38 AM
Stefwhit challenged me to bump this. (See post #23). Though I admitted my error, at first, I declined to bumP it. Upon further review, what the hell.

I'm gonna say what I privated messaged to Stefwhat.

Sharapova won a slam this year. She's still a very good player. I had NO idea Serena would still be the best player on the tour.

Remember, this thread is from 2004.

Back then, I figured that SEVEN years later, Sharapova woould be the dominant force on the tour, and V&S would be playing celebrity-guest matches. Well, it's EIGHT years later, Venus is still top fifty, and Serena daily slaps me upside the head and 'You doubt me bitch? You doubt ME!?!? Go .. no no ... GO ... to your room!'

I stand slapped. All hail Supergirl.

CrossCourt~Rally
Oct 9th, 2012, 02:41 AM
No one forced me out of Hollywood, I semi-retired on my own terms to do other things with the people that I love.

:haha:

shoryuken
Oct 9th, 2012, 02:49 AM
What? :hysteric:

http://i.minus.com/iZ40fS8wib5mk.gif

JanNYC
Oct 9th, 2012, 02:53 AM
chile when I saw this thread I said to myself "this shit better be old b/c honey..." lol

Fighterpova
Oct 9th, 2012, 03:07 AM
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/4576/obviouslyitsaconspiracy.jpg

Sir Stefwhit
Oct 9th, 2012, 04:04 AM
Hingis had to retire due to injury. Sharapova will actually force the WS out of the game. Six or seven years from now.

Stefwhit challenged me to bump this. (See post #23). Though I admitted my error, at first, I declined to bumP it. Upon further review, what the hell.

I'm gonna say what I privated messaged to Stefwhat.

Sharapova won a slam this year. She's still a very good player. I had NO idea Serena would still be the best player on the tour.

Remember, this thread is from 2004.

Back then, I figured that SEVEN years later, Sharapova woould be the dominant force on the tour, and V&S would be playing celebrity-guest matches. Well, it's EIGHT years later, Venus is still top fifty, and Serena daily slaps me upside the head and 'You doubt me bitch? You doubt ME!?!? Go .. no no ... GO ... to your room!'

I stand slapped. All hail Supergirl.
U seen the error of ur ways and publicly acknowledged it....much respect! :yeah:

Srodgers
Oct 9th, 2012, 04:07 AM
why worry? They are over anyways....who cares if they play or not. Thought the Russian-era already started. The Williamses are old news.....forget about them.

:rolls: :oh:

Sir Stefwhit
Oct 9th, 2012, 04:22 AM
^bandabou is hardcore Serena fan he was being sarcastic...it is fun to go back to old threads like this though. They provide some of the all time best laughs. I love being a fan of someone like Serena, who has made a career out of proving her detractors wrong.

brickhousesupporter
Oct 9th, 2012, 04:26 AM
http://i48.tinypic.com/4qiql4.jpg

hdfb
Oct 9th, 2012, 04:28 AM
This is one epic bump.

it-girl
Oct 9th, 2012, 04:38 AM
At first I thought this thread was new & I was like what the hello has somebody been smokin:lol:
This thread is too funny:lol: and a perfect example of don't believe the hype.

Caralenko
Oct 9th, 2012, 05:00 AM
I shall be number 1 player next year.........

:haha:

mm1147
Oct 9th, 2012, 05:06 AM
serena will defend bher olympic gold in 2016 :oh:

Pump-it-UP
Oct 9th, 2012, 05:09 AM
:spit::spit::spit:

Stonerpova
Oct 9th, 2012, 05:26 AM
This place must have been unbelievably fun 8 years ago :lol:

RVD
Oct 9th, 2012, 05:33 AM
This place must have been unbelievably fun 8 years ago :lol:This. :lol: :lol:

Someone should tweet the link of this thread to Maria. :tape:

metamorpha
Oct 9th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Yeah, seems like this forum never changes.

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2012, 06:01 AM
well, well, welll....:lol: My first thought was immediately: this must be an older thread, but didn't know at was already 8 years. :eek:

doomsday
Oct 9th, 2012, 06:08 AM
Why bump this thread?:help:

Deestruction
Oct 9th, 2012, 06:16 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mblb2gRJ1y1rfh5c5o2_500.gif

netphobia
Oct 9th, 2012, 06:21 AM
:oh:

doomsday
Oct 9th, 2012, 06:24 AM
This. :lol: :lol:

Someone should tweet the link of this thread to Maria. :tape:

Yeah because a stupid troll created this thread. Maria has nothing to be ashamed of, her career is quite complete

Deestruction
Oct 9th, 2012, 06:28 AM
lets see:scratch: it took her every two years to get a slam which she should've won a slam at least every year since she was the media's darling and princess and the hyped up queen for so long hmmmm.....:oh:

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2012, 06:32 AM
^bandabou is hardcore Serena fan he was being sarcastic...it is fun to go back to old threads like this though. They provide some of the all time best laughs. I love being a fan of someone like Serena, who has made a career out of proving her detractors wrong.

:lol: I can't believe people actually thought I was serious with that quote. :facepalm: And I agree with you..
that's the joy of being a Serena-fan. LOVES to prove people wrong.

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2012, 06:37 AM
majors won since '04...Maria 3, Serena 9..:eek: :lol:

shoryuken
Oct 9th, 2012, 06:44 AM
majors won since '04...Maria 3, Serena 9..:eek: :lol:

H-H since '04

8-0 Serena :eek: :oh:

bandabou
Oct 9th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Serena is one BAD sistah. For sure! :lol:

Anabelcroft
Oct 9th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Do you think Maria Sharapova will force the WS to retire from the game the way the WS force Martina Hingis out?

:facepalm: