PDA

View Full Version : Sharapova at 2004 GQ Men of the Year party! Pic...whatīs with the dress?

Spunky83
Dec 3rd, 2004, 04:36 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20041203/capt.camw10412030842.gq_men_of_the_year_camw104.jp g

I donīt even think this dress is ugly, but what exactly is the upper part of it? It looks like...I dunno!

Itīs off-season, talking about clothes is the best thing to do :D

Venus+Serena#1fan
Dec 3rd, 2004, 04:54 PM
the dress is kinda wierd. She looks pretty but not as dazzling as people make her out to be.

jimbo mack
Dec 3rd, 2004, 05:02 PM
take away the upper part of it, the dress might not look so bad

cheo23
Dec 3rd, 2004, 05:03 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20041203/capt.camw10412030842.gq_men_of_the_year_camw104.jp g

I donīt even think this dress is ugly, but what exactly is the upper part of it? It looks like...I dunno!

Yeah she seems to cover up her body alot
Don't Know WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
probably insecure about her Body or whatever
but her TennisOutFits are quite opposite

Jaime Bahena
Dec 3rd, 2004, 05:08 PM
Any other WTA players present at the party? If so, let's look at some other pics.

vertigo
Dec 3rd, 2004, 05:09 PM
HAHA. It looks like her hairdresser forgot to remove the towel after cutting! Other than that she looks lovely.

fifiricci
Dec 3rd, 2004, 05:12 PM
It looks like shoulder padding. Maybe she was expecting to get down in a scrum?

Spunky83
Dec 3rd, 2004, 05:14 PM
Is the upper part made out of some dead animals skin?!?

tennislover
Dec 3rd, 2004, 05:16 PM
Italian judging here :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:
well well well the upper part is ugly......without that the dress is pretty nice....
anyway she is so beautiful that she makes any dress cool

tennislover
Dec 3rd, 2004, 05:18 PM

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Doraemon
Dec 3rd, 2004, 05:21 PM
One thing is sure: she's prettier then some wannabees.

Jaime Bahena
Dec 3rd, 2004, 06:50 PM
I never would have guessed it: tennis fans = fashion aficionados/critics. Remember Serena's red see through dress, with her bare breasts clearly visible? What an uproar!!Now another tennis player covers her breasts, but still more complaints!!! Damned if you do, and damned if you don't!!!

G_Slammed
Dec 3rd, 2004, 08:54 PM
Very, very OLD looking 17 year old girl.

Very, very funny dress.

Kart
Dec 3rd, 2004, 09:05 PM
Krystle Carrington would be proud of that look I'm sure.

Lemonskin.
Dec 3rd, 2004, 09:10 PM
:eek: Super-sized shoulder pads!!!

I think that dress came straight out of a 12th century princess's wardrobe!

Masha still lookin' fab, though ^_^

!<blocparty>!
Dec 3rd, 2004, 09:11 PM
Maybe she's thinking the 80's are back, or that it's the year of the shoulder. :shrug:

:rolleyes:

Buitenzorg
Dec 3rd, 2004, 09:12 PM
I think she has to hire a stylish :o

beauty_is_pink
Dec 3rd, 2004, 09:21 PM
Is the upper part made out of some dead animals skin?!?that's what I thought.
anyways, the dress is okay.. a lil weird because of the "jacket" thing.
i like the heels :cool:

tennischick
Dec 3rd, 2004, 11:01 PM
it's a short bolero jacket and it's very much in style. she looks terrific. i'm sure we won't be seeing any nipples or crotch shots soon :tape: :tape:

Andy.
Dec 3rd, 2004, 11:03 PM
Masha looks awesome very feminine and classic she has a great eye for fashion

fifiricci
Dec 3rd, 2004, 11:05 PM
Or maybe even a dead opponent's skin :tape: It's the latest thing in trophyism :rolleyes:

Becool
Dec 3rd, 2004, 11:28 PM
:tape:
Horrible dress

G_Slammed
Dec 3rd, 2004, 11:35 PM
http://www.austinathletic.com/DSC00902.JPG

the cat
Dec 3rd, 2004, 11:37 PM
Thanks for the fashion tips TC. I wasn't sure what her dress is called. And I didn't even realise she was wearing a short jacket. Good call. Maria has a pretty good fashion sense. But I hope she rests this offseason and adds some weight to her lanky frame.

10nisfanofruz
Dec 4th, 2004, 03:26 AM
Why Maria often wore yellow or golden color? <i.e.Wimbledon ball,MTV TRL and this one> :confused:
I like the way she did with her hair though. :)

jacobruiz
Dec 4th, 2004, 08:26 AM

Itīs off-season, talking about clothes is the best thing to do :DMaria always dresses modestly. She apparantly has no interest in showing her tits or any other part of her body and usually looks rather demure.
She doesn't go around acting like she's sexy and has only gone so far to say "it's all right if boys think she's cute".
Why all this shallow criticism? Maria doesn't say anything bad about anybody and she's constantly being asked about other players by the press. The only real criticism people have been able to come up is that Maria clenches her fist and says "come on" inappropriately.

Give the girl a break. All Maria is doing is beating your faves. And she looks gorgeous!!

C'mon Masha! Show them who's super girl now.;)

tenn_ace
Dec 4th, 2004, 11:45 AM
Maria always dresses modestly. She apparantly has no interest in showing her tits or any other part of her body and usually looks rather demure.
She doesn't go around acting like she's sexy and has only gone so far to say "it's all right if boys think she's cute".
Why all this shallow criticism? Maria doesn't say anything bad about anybody and she's constantly being asked about other players by the press. The only real criticism people have been able to come up is that Maria clenches her fist and says "come on" inappropriately.

Give the girl a break. All Maria is doing is beating your faves. And she looks gorgeous!!

C'mon Masha! Show them who's super girl now.;)
:worship:

the dress is classy IMO... decent and modest, right for her age.

besides, not everyone has to wear a dress that makes the nipples the central part of the outfit;) :p

Experimentee
Dec 4th, 2004, 11:53 AM
It would be ok if she took off that ugly little jacket :o

Rub
Dec 4th, 2004, 12:10 PM
fashionable?! noh?!

bandabou
Dec 4th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Kinda odd with the shoulder thing.....but itīs o.k....she can dress the way she likes.

bandabou
Dec 4th, 2004, 01:00 PM
But itīs weak of the Masha-fans who all jumped on the Serena see through dress, but now that Masha dresses something a bit outdated, they canīt handle it....

tennislover
Dec 4th, 2004, 01:03 PM
Or maybe even a dead opponent's skin :tape: It's the latest thing in trophyism :rolleyes:

:haha:

tennislover
Dec 4th, 2004, 01:04 PM
http://www.austinathletic.com/DSC00902.JPG

very well posted :lol:

HotSpot
Dec 4th, 2004, 01:09 PM
HAHA. It looks like her hairdresser forgot to remove the towel after cutting! Other than that she looks lovely.

:lol: :lol: :haha: :haha: :haha:

HotSpot
Dec 4th, 2004, 01:13 PM
anyway.. can some tell who is the designer...?

kikker
Dec 4th, 2004, 01:15 PM
the dress don't mind me too much, Masha looks nice :D

Sharapower
Dec 6th, 2004, 05:12 AM
The shoulder thing is original and doesn't look that bad.
Maria is, hem..., full of grace as usual !!! I think dancing with such a lady would be the ultimate happiness.

oddkayla
Dec 6th, 2004, 05:51 AM
Contrary to people's comments here, I find the dress really ugly. She does not need to have parts of her body hanging out. You can still be demure and modest, and still look lovely and fashionable. Evidently thats not the look she was going for.

Daniel
Dec 6th, 2004, 05:53 AM
Maria :drool: :lick:

Sharapova's_Boy
Dec 6th, 2004, 06:20 AM
Maria is hott right now.

Pamela Shriver
Dec 6th, 2004, 07:38 AM
Maybe she's thinking the 80's are back, or that it's the year of the shoulder. :shrug:

:rolleyes:
You mean the 80s ended?!?! *quickly throwing out all my 80s power pant suits*

Princess Sarah.
Dec 6th, 2004, 08:12 AM

it's called a capelet

Is she running for matador of the year?

Cam'ron Giles
Dec 6th, 2004, 12:19 PM
She looks great to me...:shrug: Very age apropriate...no?

tennischick
Dec 6th, 2004, 12:32 PM
yes. and your objectivity is refreshing :kiss:

Experimentee
Dec 6th, 2004, 12:41 PM

You actually believe that something like fashion is supposed to be judged objectively?

BeautifulGirl
Dec 6th, 2004, 12:45 PM
She looks beautiful.. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Cam'ron Giles
Dec 6th, 2004, 12:48 PM
:kiss:

doris5085
Dec 6th, 2004, 02:43 PM
erk lol

xan
Dec 6th, 2004, 03:33 PM
It looks better closer up...

http://www.mariaworld.net/offcourt384.jpg

Emptiness
Dec 6th, 2004, 03:44 PM
No it doesn't.

Her hair does though. :)

apoet29
Dec 6th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Gosh, you guys are picky. I think she looks beautiful. Very classy and very age appropriate.

Jaime Bahena
Dec 6th, 2004, 04:22 PM

Time and time again... Maria is breathtakingly beautiful.

jacobruiz
Dec 6th, 2004, 04:23 PM

She sure does!!:hearts:

The close-up shows that the "fashion article" is a cute little jacket in a nice contrasting fabric. Maria could probably take it off if she wished. The soft golden color of her outfit and necklace looks gorgeous with Masha's hair and eyes.

Now this fashion sense I love!!:bounce: :worship:

Frank Riley
Dec 6th, 2004, 04:29 PM
Maria at times looks great but I have to be honest, this dress makes me gag.
I think Maria needs a little honest help with the formal look, I suggest a simple slinder knee high black dress with simple thin shoulder straps. She looks great in white, blue, pink, black. But gold no, in fact no one looks good in gold and I mean no one, not even Serena.

DevilishAttitude
Dec 6th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Apart from the horrible shoulder pads :scared: :o the dress and Maria look great :hearts: :D

10 times better than the Serena fashion disaster outfit :lol: :tape:

jacobruiz
Dec 6th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Maria at times looks great but I have to be honest, this dress makes me gag.
I think Maria needs a little honest help with the formal look, I suggest a simple slinder knee high black dress with simple thin shoulder straps. She looks great in white, blue, pink, black. But gold no, in fact no one looks good in gold and I mean no one, not even Serena.
I strongly disagree. Gold is very becoming on many people, including Maria and Serena.

And those posters who think Maria is wearing big shoulder pads - Have you never taken a good look at her shoulders?
Maria has very lovely broad shoulders without any padding added!

Rocketta
Dec 6th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Haha, it's funny how people bring up Serena's red dress like that's going to make Maria's Kmart inspired outfit look any better to people. :tape:

Look if you like her you will give the outfit some slack if you don't like her and the outfit is ugly you are more likely to say it. It's ok. Unlike in the Serena thread no one is calling Maria names because of her questionable fashion sense.

I don't know a 17 year old who would think that is age appropriate more like a 60 year olds opinion what would be age appropriate for a 17year old but if Maria is more comfortable dressed that way great for her but it has nothing to do with age appropriate ...:rolleyes:

now is that fur on the jacket or some form of suede or rabbit or what? :scratch:

kabuki
Dec 6th, 2004, 05:56 PM
I can't wait to see this outfit in INStyle- "When Bad Clothes Happen to Good People"

jacobruiz
Dec 6th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Haha, it's funny how people bring up Serena's red dress like that's going to make Maria's Kmart inspired outfit look any better to people. :tape:

Look if you like her you will give the outfit some slack if you don't like her and the outfit is ugly you are more likely to say it. It's ok. Unlike in the Serena thread no one is calling Maria names because of her questionable fashion sense.

I don't know a 17 year old who would think that is age appropriate more like a 60 year olds opinion what would be age appropriate for a 17year old but if Maria is more comfortable dressed that way great for her but it has nothing to do with age appropriate ...:rolleyes:

now is that fur on the jacket or some form of suede or rabbit or what? :scratch:
I haven't read the Serena thread so I don't know what people are saying in it. I do know that you can't compare Maria's little gold high coverage outfit to Serena's red dress with her breasts in full view and expect it to get the same kind of response.
I doubt if the jacket is real fur - it looks like soft fake stuff. I think Masha looks lovely, especially in the second pic.

Any more photos to post anyone?

Rocketta
Dec 6th, 2004, 07:53 PM
I haven't read the Serena thread so I don't know what people are saying in it. I do know that you can't compare Maria's little gold high coverage outfit to Serena's red dress with her breasts in full view and expect it to get the same kind of response.
I doubt if the jacket is real fur - it looks like soft fake stuff. I think Masha looks lovely, especially in the second pic.

of course you don't think you can compare cause you probably feel it's alright to attack Serena personally for her outfit but are not suppose to give an oppinion on Maria's. :rolleyes:

A outfit is either fashionable or not that's where the comparrison comes in. People either will like it or not like it there's another comparrison for you.

I agree with you it does look like fake fur.

Frank Riley
Dec 6th, 2004, 07:57 PM
Sorry I am still gagging up a fur ball.

Jaime Bahena
Dec 6th, 2004, 08:21 PM

Which opponent? The "dead opponent's" skin should probably be darker than what she's wearing.

jacobruiz
Dec 6th, 2004, 10:31 PM
of course you don't think you can compare cause you probably feel it's alright to attack Serena personally for her outfit but are not suppose to give an oppinion on Maria's. :rolleyes:

A outfit is either fashionable or not that's where the comparrison comes in. People either will like it or not like it there's another comparrison for you. [QUOTE]

You must not have understood my post, Rocketta.:rolleyes:

I did NOT say you can't compare the two outfits. I said "You can't compare Maria's little gold outfit to Serena's red dress with her breasts in full view and EXPECT IT TO GET THE SAME RESPONSE." You were commenting that Maria was not called names for her fashion sense unlike Serena for hers.

Crazy Canuck
Dec 6th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Short coats may be in style, but holy Hell as they ugly. And useless. The dress is nice though, and her hair looks okay like that. Anything that makes her hair look less drippy and thin is good.

Crazy Canuck
Dec 6th, 2004, 10:35 PM
Which opponent? The "dead opponent's" skin should probably be darker than what she's wearing.
Umm... this is just so many shades of wrong.

Crazy Canuck
Dec 6th, 2004, 10:36 PM
You know, I have a hard time considering Maria as a fashionista. If I had millions of dollars I could pick nice clothes off of the rack and wear them too. I expect rich people to dress nice. It's the ones who don't that boggle the mind.

Dan23
Dec 6th, 2004, 10:45 PM
http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2004-12/6_507952_2.jpg

http://image2.sina.com.cn/ty/t/p/2004-12-07/U354P6T12D1286927F44DT20041207004253.jpg

More in Maria's forum..:)

dreamgoddess099
Dec 7th, 2004, 01:50 AM
Sequins and fur? No. What's with the poofy short sleeves?

faboozadoo15
Dec 7th, 2004, 02:38 AM
i think she looks pretty cute. i don't see anything wrong with it except the shoulders are a bit poofy. she's got beautiful legs.

G_Slammed
Dec 7th, 2004, 02:42 AM
The "dead opponent's" skin should probably be darker than what she's wearing. Sounds good to me. Would be a massive improvement, tell ya that.

Rocketta
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:11 AM
You must not have understood my post, Rocketta.:rolleyes:

I did NOT say you can't compare the two outfits. I said "You can't compare Maria's little gold outfit to Serena's red dress with her breasts in full view and EXPECT IT TO GET THE SAME RESPONSE." You were commenting that Maria was not called names for her fashion sense unlike Serena for hers.
and I'm saying yes you can...you can expect people to express like or dislike of an outfit without calling the person names regardless if one outfit is racy and the other is well.....NOT racy....as was done in this thread.

tennischick
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:12 AM
You actually believe that something like fashion is supposed to be judged objectively?Cam'ron understood why i was sending him kisses. that's all that matters. :cool:

and Maria looks even more terrific up close.

Emptiness
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:25 AM
Without whatever the hell shes draped over her shoulders i think her outfit would actually look good. That animal skin/shoulder pad/short coat does nothing for her boobs.

What a rock on her finger. :)

greenfunkTHREE.
Dec 7th, 2004, 06:25 AM
http://www.tennis.com.cn/bbs/uploadFiles/2004-12/6_507952_2.jpg

http://image2.sina.com.cn/ty/t/p/2004-12-07/U354P6T12D1286927F44DT20041207004253.jpg

More in Maria's forum..:)

HAHA! fragrance. that loooks like a fake ring.(sorry masha fans)
and that jacket like thing. loooks like some cut up budget fur coat. :tape:

lauryn
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:00 PM
I really like that dress, it looks great on her. I'm not a fan of the short jacket either, eventhough they are really 'in' right now.

Denise4925
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Masha looks awesome very feminine and classic she has a great eye for fashion
:haha: :haha: :haha:

Denise4925
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:09 PM
Maria always dresses modestly. She apparantly has no interest in showing her tits or any other part of her body and usually looks rather demure.
She doesn't go around acting like she's sexy
I guess that pose with her sitting on the tennis court with her legs gapped open with a caption saying "the closer you sit, the hotter she gets" is not acting like she's sexy or being sexually suggestive in any way. :rolleyes:

Denise4925
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:11 PM
Contrary to people's comments here, I find the dress really ugly. She does not need to have parts of her body hanging out. You can still be demure and modest, and still look lovely and fashionable. Evidently thats not the look she was going for.
My thoughts exactly. :worship: :worship:

Denise4925
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:18 PM

:lol: So true, so true. I was wondering myself, why all her clothes look so cheap. :confused: That Wimby dress looked badly made with cheap material. That was a fashion horror. But, this dress and jacket just looks like she went to Walmart and picked the cheapest thing she saw with some sparkles and fur. :p

Or, is it just her that makes everything she wears look like she just stepped out of the trailer to go shopping at Walmart?

Denise4925
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:20 PM
I can't wait to see this outfit in INStyle- "When Bad Clothes Happen to Good People"
:lol:

Denise4925
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:21 PM

A outfit is either fashionable or not that's where the comparrison comes in. People either will like it or not like it there's another comparrison for you.

I agree with you it does look like fake fur.
Cheap fake fur.

Denise4925
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:24 PM
What the fuck is that supposed to mean? :mad:

Denise4925
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:25 PM
You know, I have a hard time considering Maria as a fashionista. If I had millions of dollars I could pick nice clothes off of the rack and wear them too. I expect rich people to dress nice. It's the ones who don't that boggle the mind.
Ain't that the truth. :lol:

jacobruiz
Dec 7th, 2004, 05:25 PM

DeDe posts 7 messages in a row just to criticise this?
Now she's not bitter is she?:lol:

Denise4925
Dec 7th, 2004, 05:29 PM

DeDe posts 7 messages in a row just to criticise this?
Now she's not bitter is she?:lol:
Try 8 and is it against the law of the message boards to read a thread and post in response to the posts you read as you go along? :rolleyes: Try and get over me jacob and move on.

Denise4925
Dec 7th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Oh and bitter about what? A dress and piece of felt Maria bought at the local Walmart. :haha:

jacobruiz
Dec 7th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Try 8 and is it against the law of the message boards to read a thread and post in response to the posts you read as you go along? :rolleyes: Try and get over me jacob and move on.
But will you ever get ova Masha?:rolls:

alias
Dec 7th, 2004, 06:08 PM
I don't like the colour of the dress on her and she really needs to do something with her hair.

Denise4925
Dec 7th, 2004, 06:10 PM
But will you ever get ova Masha?:rolls:
Get over her in what way? If you're asking will I ever start liking her? No. I think she's goofy, and she and her family are Eurotrash. If it weren't impossible, I'd swear they came to America from Russia in a doublewide. She and her father are ignorant and crass. That's my opinion, but I guess that's something you'll have to get over. :)

Jaime Bahena
Dec 10th, 2004, 09:56 PM
What the fuck is that supposed to mean? :mad:

Look at the close up again. Maria's skin is much darker than the fabric she's wearing on her shoulders. I'm also sure the opponents she's beaten are also darker than Maria as well. Read the sports pages every once in a while, and you'll find out who Masha's beaten in her matches, OK?

Denise4925
Dec 13th, 2004, 06:01 AM
Look at the close up again. Maria's skin is much darker than the fabric she's wearing on her shoulders. I'm also sure the opponents she's beaten are also darker than Maria as well. Read the sports pages every once in a while, and you'll find out who Masha's beaten in her matches, OK?
I doubt Myskina is darker than her. In fact, I don't know anyone who is darker than Myskina. But, of course you're referring to Serena, which was a very racist comment, or don't you even recognize that?

Jaime Bahena
Dec 15th, 2004, 08:29 PM
I doubt Myskina is darker than her. In fact, I don't know anyone who is darker than Myskina. But, of course you're referring to Serena, which was a very racist comment, or don't you even recognize that?

Recognize what?

Denise4925
Dec 15th, 2004, 08:40 PM
Recognize what?
You are 12. :rolleyes:

Jaime Bahena
Dec 17th, 2004, 03:00 PM
You are 12. :rolleyes:
I be rubber, you be glue, be bouncin' off me, be stickin' to you, suckah.