PDA

View Full Version : Serena, Justine whats the problem

steve2005
Dec 3rd, 2004, 04:07 PM
I haven't been a tennis fan for long and ive heard that these two dont like each other, can someone pls tell me why also what happened at RG 03 between them, i heard serena cried.

jimbo mack
Dec 3rd, 2004, 04:12 PM
oh dear........ wait for it!!! :lol:

**Jelica**
Dec 3rd, 2004, 04:13 PM
Serena and Justine played the semi final which was won by Justine. It was a very competitive match, and Serena felt that Justine had not showed good sportsmanship in the 3rd set, cos Justine had raised her hand on Serena's first serve, indicating to her to stop serving. Serena served a fault, and then noticed Justine had her hand up, and she felt Justine should have said to the umpire that she had had her hand up, but Justine did not. So, then Serena was very mad, and she lost the match from which she had had a winning position, and was not very happy at the end. I don't think she cried on court, but she didn't shake the umpire's hand at first, and she didn't look at Justine.

I don't think there was any problem with Justine's behavior in this match but other ppl don't agree with me on this!

Cam'ron Giles
Dec 3rd, 2004, 04:18 PM
Semis...French Open...raised hand during a first serve called a fault...liar...fabricator...yada yada yada...Justine is forever known as "the hand"...:D

steve2005
Dec 3rd, 2004, 04:20 PM
i feel for serena, and really dissapointed in Justine.

Martian KC
Dec 3rd, 2004, 04:21 PM
:rolleyes:

GoDominique
Dec 3rd, 2004, 04:22 PM
Semis...French Open...raised hand during a first serve called a fault...liar...fabricator...yada yada yada...Justine is forever known as "the hand"...:D
Only to those who still care about this minor incident. :)

slydevil6142
Dec 3rd, 2004, 04:23 PM
I can tell your just getting into tennis quite simply.... Justine could have shown more sportsmanship but the main problem arose from the French crowd .... Serena in the third set asked for the umpire on several occasions to come down and check marks however the marks appared to perhaps to be in from the persepctive of the crowd however once reviwed by the empire and shot spot they were clearly out ... the crowd became more and more hostile and once the hand incident occured serena was very upset nearly yelling at the umpire and the crowd begin to boo her and for the rest of the match they cheered her errors and pretty much booed her winners. Serena should have still won the match but that type of behavior makes things exteremly difficult .. however Serena learned from ehr mistake and went one to defeat Justint very easily at Wimbledon

Spunky83
Dec 3rd, 2004, 04:27 PM
These little cat-fights come and go...;)

jimbo mack
Dec 3rd, 2004, 04:29 PM
1 and a half years later, and people are still bitchin' over it-

lovin' it!! :lol:

Cam'ron Giles
Dec 3rd, 2004, 04:31 PM
lovin' it!! :lol:
Thats hot...:D

clonesheep
Dec 3rd, 2004, 04:33 PM
I haven't been a tennis fan for long and ive heard that these two dont like each other, can someone pls tell me why also what happened at RG 03 between them, i heard serena cried.

Actually, Serena said at one point that she has left all that fuss behind. I don't think Serena and Justine "hate" each other, just that they are professional rivals. Both are great champions of their own right. The Russians have won a couple grand slams but I will wait another year or two before declaring any of them "great".

Brandon85
Dec 3rd, 2004, 07:28 PM
this will never go away will it?

pigam
Dec 3rd, 2004, 08:08 PM
actually, I think the Justine-Serena realtionship isn't even that bad as everyone
makes it... But I guess women's tennis needs these catsfights...
If they don't involve Justine and Serena, they're about Masha and Nastya :shrug:
"seen that, done that, bought the T-shirt (get in touch with ... :p )" ;)

Stamp Paid
Dec 3rd, 2004, 09:09 PM
Serena serving, up 4-2, 30-0 in the third set of the French open SF, 2003.

Serena prepares to serve, but in the middle of her motion, Justine raises her hand to alert Serena that she was not ready to return yet. Serena serves the fault and prepares to serve again. The umpire calls her serve out, and Serena tries to tell him that hadnt served a fault, but Justine wasn't ready to return yet, as she held her hand in the air. The umpire looks at Justine, and Justine looks as if she has no idea of what Serena is talking about (as if the bitch hadn't just held her hand up.)

The RG crowd, comprised a lot with working-class (euphemism) Belgians, I guess construed Serena's hesitation to serve as gamesmanship on Serena's part (similar to the Aussie crowd when Serena played Clijsters at the AO SF and had treatment for blisters when she was losing in the third set), and proceeded to boo and jeer Serena. Later on in that game, Justine hit some balls that were clearly out but weren't called out by linesman, so Serena had the umpire come down a few times to check marks on a few balls (That were ALL OUT, btw), and the RG crowd saw this as more gamesmanship from Serena and began jeering her, hurling insults at her, cheering her errors, faults, and double faults, and booing her winners. Needless to say, Serena was shaken mentally by the avaricious crowd, and Justine fed off of the complete crowd support.

Serena lost 7-5 in the third.

Brandon85
Dec 3rd, 2004, 09:13 PM
Serena serving, up 4-1, 30-0 in the third set of the French open SF, 2003.

Serena prepares to serve, but in the middle of her motion, Justine raises her hand to alert Serena that she was not ready to return yet. Serena serves the fault and prepares to serve again. The umpire calls her serve out, and Serena tries to tell him that hadnt served a fault, but Justine wasn't ready to return yet, as she held her hand in the air. The umpire looks at Justine, and Justine looks as if she has no idea of what Serena is talking about (as if the bitch hadn't just held her hand up.)

The RG crowd, comprised a lot with working-class (euphemism) Belgians, I guess construed Serena's hesitation to serve as gamesmanship on Serena's part (similar to the Aussie crowd when Serena played Clijsters at the AO SF and had treatment for blisters when she was losing in the third set), and proceeded to boo and jeer Serena. Later on in that game, Justine hit some balls that were clearly out but weren't called out by linesman, so Serena had the umpire come down a few times to check marks on a few balls (That were ALL OUT, btw), and the RG crowd saw this as more gamesmanship from Serena and began jeering her, hurling insults at her, cheering her errors, faults, and double faults, and booing her winners. Needless to say, Serena was shaken mentally by the avaricious crowd, and Justine fed off of the complete crowd support.

wasn't that big of a gap, she was serving at 4-2.

Kabezya
Dec 3rd, 2004, 10:08 PM
actually, I think the Justine-Serena realtionship isn't even that bad as everyone
makes it... But I guess women's tennis needs these catsfights...
If they don't involve Justine and Serena, they're about Masha and Nastya :shrug:
"seen that, done that, bought the T-shirt (get in touch with ... :p )" ;)

I doubt it's as bad as some want it or imagine it to be. I hardly think either weighs heavily on the other's mind as it is.

Becool
Dec 3rd, 2004, 10:20 PM
Serena cried on the interview
She didn't cry on the court, but she definitely cried on the interview..

And BTW, that match was one of the best that year.. I guess they're over it by now, Serena and Juju I mean..

Greenout
Dec 3rd, 2004, 10:21 PM
This is over and done with. *Serena has even begun to call Justine by
her first name in 2004. :lol:

When it comes down to it; if you personally asked them
how they feel about each other now both would say how great of a player
the other is. I think their records/titles over the newbie 2004 GS champs
are in a class of it's own up there in the legit- elite tennis players
category.

Besides as Serena herself said in her official website she
considers victories over Hingis and Justine the most personally
satisfying in her career. Now this is a compliment!

bandabou
Dec 3rd, 2004, 10:27 PM
At the time I was really mad at Justine for that...but one and a half year later ( and numerous explanations about how Justine wasnīt even wrong technically speaking...:o) and itīs all over. Donīt think they hate each other...just fellow profesionals...If they meet in the lockerroom Iīm sure theyīd say at least hi to each other, sooo.....

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Dec 4th, 2004, 03:27 AM
That is what happened!!! I guess I never knew the real whole story. Thanks!!!!

power26
Dec 4th, 2004, 04:18 AM
Sportsmanship was never shown by Justine at that time (out of desperation maybe to win against Serena). But that was over and look how Serena crashed her out at the Wimbledon SF that same year. Besides, Serena was just being human when she felt the crowd was rude at her.

2005 THE YEAR OF POWER, ATHLETICISM AND GRACE.... IN SHORT... WILLIAMS!

~K.BreakAway.C~
Dec 4th, 2004, 04:47 AM
I'm not over it at all! I can't stand liars, or cheaters. Whenever I seem to get mad over "the hand", I just think about 6-2 6-2 at Wimbledon ;).

moby
Dec 4th, 2004, 07:54 AM
actually, i thought the problem started when justine beat serena 6-3 6-4 at chareleston (serena's first loss of the year) and serena said something like justine played very well, but she herself was 9000 notches below her level.

i don't think justine was too pleased about that comment ;)

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Dec 4th, 2004, 07:57 AM
i feel for serena, and really dissapointed in Justine.

why dissapointed.... she has very very ill... that is not her fault at all...

Greenout
Dec 4th, 2004, 08:06 AM
actually, i thought the problem started when justine beat serena 6-3 6-4 at chareleston (serena's first loss of the year) and serena said something like justine played very well, but she herself was 9000 notches below her level.

i don't think justine was too pleased about that comment ;)

:haha:

I always felt it sort of sparked at the German Open on clay
in 2002. This was the first big win over Serena. She really had to
grind that sucker out and win in 3 sets. Serena then won the following week in a two setter with tiebreaker in Rome on clay.

The Charleston Family Circle Cup IMHO, honest opinion was that
the Sky Diver was on fire, and Serena seemed to do a mini-tank
in the second set which looked like she was thinking..

"Oh F*ck! I'm not in the mood for playing grind tennis today.
Whatever go on..keep on steamrolling you Punk Ass Gnome!"

And this is why I have always suspected Serena said that stupid comment
about being 9,000 notches below. I think she knows herself there
was a mini tank going on. Have you seen this match? She sort
of gave up while the Dirt Sliding Sky Diver was going on Autobahn
mode.

And I do think that the Sky Diver felt guilty about RG 2003, and
didn't give a good effort in her match at the SF against Serena
at WIMBLEDON the a couple weeks later. It looked timid.

saki
Dec 4th, 2004, 09:57 AM
I've given my opinion on this before which is that, yes, it would have been nice if Justine had gone up to the umpire and put him straight, but that not doing so was no different to many things done commonly in tennis these days. Virtually every WTA match you watch these days, unless it's between close friends, has a player knowing that an opponent's shot was in, but saying nothing about it, not pointing out double bounces and things of this sort. Every WTA player has done this at some point and, while I don't much like it, the fact is that this is the way that the game is these days. What was unfortunate about the Serena-Justine match was the crowd involvement. I don't think Serena would have been upset by the incident at all, had it not been for that.

Between Serena and Justine, I don't think there is much personal animosity over this any more, that's not the impression I get from their interviews. I'm a Justine fan foremost but I can't help but like the player that brings the best out of her in matches. Well, on clay, anyway ;) Justine-Serena matches on clay are my favourite match-up and I think it's a real shame that everyone seems to have forgotten what an amazing match the RG SF was.

What bothers me about the fan reaction to this incident is the use of the word "cheater". To cheat, you have to break a rule and Justine didn't. She wasn't even asked by the umpire and, even if she had been, it's not the rules of the sport that you have to answer truthfully - that's what the linesmen are meant to be there for. If you think it was unsporting, that's fine, but to call her a "cheater" is just plain wrong.

bandabou
Dec 4th, 2004, 12:01 PM
Good point, saki.....I think the crowdīs behaviour was worse than Justineīs not telling the truth....I mean Serena was already kinda annoyed with it, but when the crowd got involved and started booing, that was last drop....I think that affected for at least the 4 next games after 4-2...because she went from 4-2 to being 4-5 down.....and only Jujuīs choke extended the match.

turt
Dec 4th, 2004, 12:52 PM
I haven't been a tennis fan for long and ive heard that these two dont like each other, can someone pls tell me why also what happened at RG 03 between them, i heard serena cried.Basically... :devil:
Justine doesn't like Serena because she hit her with a bag before the 2001 US Open 4R and made fun of her small stature.
Serena doesn't like Justine because she thinks Justine "lied and fabricated" to win the 2003 RG SF.

As simple as that! :devil: :angel: ;)

Knizzle
Dec 4th, 2004, 12:57 PM

I always felt it sort of sparked at the German Open on clay
in 2002. This was the first big win over Serena. She really had to
grind that sucker out and win in 3 sets. Serena then won the following week in a two setter with tiebreaker in Rome on clay.

The Charleston Family Circle Cup IMHO, honest opinion was that
the Sky Diver was on fire, and Serena seemed to do a mini-tank
in the second set which looked like she was thinking..

"Oh F*ck! I'm not in the mood for playing grind tennis today.
Whatever go on..keep on steamrolling you Punk Ass Gnome!"

And this is why I have always suspected Serena said that stupid comment
about being 9,000 notches below. I think she knows herself there
was a mini tank going on. Have you seen this match? She sort
of gave up while the Dirt Sliding Sky Diver was going on Autobahn
mode.

And I do think that the Sky Diver felt guilty about RG 2003, and
didn't give a good effort in her match at the SF against Serena
at WIMBLEDON the a couple weeks later. It looked timid.
Serena didn't give up, she just made too many errors for most of the match. When she played cleanly she took a 3-0 lead in the first set and a 3-1 lead in the second set. I think though maybe you are right that Serena wasn't up for grinding the match out, but I wouldn't say it was because she was tanking, but rather that she was just off her game, not to mention the pressure she and the media put on her with the whole undefeated thing.

Knizzle
Dec 4th, 2004, 12:59 PM
Basically... :devil:
Justine doesn't like Serena because she hit her with a bag before the 2001 US Open 4R and made fun of her small stature.

As simple as that! :devil: :angel: ;)
Can't believe you are taking that toad Carlos Rodriguez at his word. Why would the sisters pick on Justine at the US Open 4R?? It doesn't make sense.

Greenout
Dec 4th, 2004, 01:05 PM
Can't believe you are taking that toad Carlos Rodriguez at his word. Why would the sisters pick on Justine at the US Open 4R?? It doesn't make sense.

He said that they ridiculed Justine about her height, and even
gave an example of the comment made. Something along the
lines of..

"Oh..where is Justine? Where is she?
I don't see her? Is she under the seat"

Oh..Shit it's my 10,000 post! :wavey:

"Oui. Merci Serena and Venus. Thank you for caring.
Moi is over here and not under the seat!"
http://img36.exs.cx/img36/3592/b4-085_ac47bc60f1f94.jpg

Knizzle
Dec 4th, 2004, 01:12 PM
He said that they ridiculed Justine about her height, and even
gave an example of the comment made. Something along the
lines of..

"Oh..where is Justine? Where is she?
I don't see her? Is she under the seat"

Oh..Shit it's my 10,000 post! :wavey:

"Oui. Merci Serena and Venus. Thank you for caring.
Moi is over here and not under the seat!"
http://img36.exs.cx/img36/3592/b4-085_ac47bc60f1f94.jpg
I doubt the sisters would say something as corny as that. I fail to see the reason why they would need to pick on Justine anytime, ESPECIALLY at the US Open 2001.

Martian KC
Dec 4th, 2004, 01:26 PM
Why would Carlos lie about that? :confused: THAT doesn't make sense.

tennis ace
Dec 4th, 2004, 01:29 PM
I used to really hate justine for that but ever since what happened at the US Open I don’t see it as that bad anymore.

fifiricci
Dec 4th, 2004, 01:32 PM
:lol: at this thread! You start off saying "oh this is old ground, we've done this to death and then, wham, you all get your handbags out and start the same old mud slanging match yet again, trying to make excuses. When will you grow up and learn to move on :lol:

Greenout
Dec 4th, 2004, 01:35 PM
:lol: at this thread! You start off saying "oh this is old ground, we've done this to death and then, wham, you all get your handbags out and start the same old mud slanging match yet again, trying to make excuses. When will you grow up and learn to move on :lol:

Oh Shut up Fifi! :lol:
Don't you get tired of entering every thread with Justine or
Henin as a title in GM? :p

Besides we're exhausted from the Sharpy and Myskina threads
and enjoying ourselves mud slinging about the "real" elite
players. :tape:

fifiricci
Dec 4th, 2004, 01:39 PM
Oh Shut up Fifi! :lol:

We're all tired of Sharpy and Myskina! and enjoying ourselves
mud slinging about the "real" elite players. :tape:
So you recognised yourself in my post!

Whatever fantasies get you through the day greenie!

http://smileys.******************/cat/10/10_2_19.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm371)

Martian KC
Dec 4th, 2004, 01:42 PM

http://smileys.******************/cat/10/10_2_19.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm371)

Talk about making excuses in a Justine thread.:haha:
You just can't stay away from a Justine thread?

Greenout
Dec 4th, 2004, 01:47 PM

All I can say Fifi to you is..

"Go ahead lick my MEDAL!"
http://img35.exs.cx/img35/772/d9-S_040822_Henin_aa.jpg

pigam
Dec 4th, 2004, 01:48 PM

your posts used to be funny,
now the only funny thing left are your smilies :sad:

fifiricci
Dec 4th, 2004, 01:50 PM
Talk about making excuses in a Justine thread.:haha:
You just can't stay away from a Justine thread?
You really MUST learn some new stupid platitudes!:

1. This is also a Serena thread (the title gives you a little clue)
2. I don't know what stone you live under, but where I am is a democracy and we have freedom of speech.
3. This is a GM thread, where anything goes.
4. Its not my problem if some Serena and Juju fans just cant get over this issue, I'm just giving you some sensible advice.
5. You dont have to read any of my posts, but I notice that you and Greenout respond to whatever I write within a nanosecond. Feel free to stalk me if you like, but I'm sure that you could be doing something more constructive. How about Xmas shopping? Only 21 days to go! http://smileys.******************/cat/8/8_2_60.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm371)

ans
Dec 4th, 2004, 01:56 PM
I've given my opinion on this before which is that, yes, it would have been nice if Justine had gone up to the umpire and put him straight, but that not doing so was no different to many things done commonly in tennis these days. Virtually every WTA match you watch these days, unless it's between close friends, has a player knowing that an opponent's shot was in, but saying nothing about it, not pointing out double bounces and things of this sort. Every WTA player has done this at some point and, while I don't much like it, the fact is that this is the way that the game is these days. What was unfortunate about the Serena-Justine match was the crowd involvement. I don't think Serena would have been upset by the incident at all, had it not been for that.

Between Serena and Justine, I don't think there is much personal animosity over this any more, that's not the impression I get from their interviews. I'm a Justine fan foremost but I can't help but like the player that brings the best out of her in matches. Well, on clay, anyway ;) Justine-Serena matches on clay are my favourite match-up and I think it's a real shame that everyone seems to have forgotten what an amazing match the RG SF was.

What bothers me about the fan reaction to this incident is the use of the word "cheater". To cheat, you have to break a rule and Justine didn't. She wasn't even asked by the umpire and, even if she had been, it's not the rules of the sport that you have to answer truthfully - that's what the linesmen are meant to be there for. If you think it was unsporting, that's fine, but to call her a "cheater" is just plain wrong.
:clap2:

moby
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:01 PM
I doubt the sisters would say something as corny as that. I fail to see the reason why they would need to pick on Justine anytime, ESPECIALLY at the US Open 2001.
i don't doubt serena would say something like that
nothing she says surprises me any more
i mean isn't she the same person who put on a french accent and said "We don't want to fight. We want to make clothes."
or the one who claims that she wasn't at the wimbledon final this year :)

Martian KC
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:07 PM
You really MUST learn some new stupid platitudes!:

1. This is also a Serena thread (the title gives you a little clue)
2. I don't know what stone you live under, but where I am is a democracy and we have freedom of speech.
3. This is a GM thread, where anything goes.
4. Its not my problem if some Serena and Juju fans just cant get over this issue, I'm just giving you some sensible advice.
5. You dont have to read any of my posts, but I notice that you and Greenout respond to whatever I write within a nanosecond. Feel free to stalk me if you like, but I'm sure that you could be doing something more constructive. How about Xmas shopping? Only 21 days to go! http://smileys.******************/cat/8/8_2_60.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm371)

Excuses, I see............................:haha:
Justine loves you too!

bandabou
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:23 PM
One thing Iīm still wondering: Why did the crowd turn on Serena for pointing out that Justine had raised her hand? :confused:

pigam
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:26 PM
One thing Iīm still wondering: Why did the crowd turn on Serena for pointing out that Justine had raised her hand? :confused:
was the crowd turning serena on? :scratch: ;)

Martian KC
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:29 PM

I'm sure most of the crowd did not know what was happening. But they did notice that serena was arguing about it and holding up play.

saki
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Don't be mean to fifi. She's just giving us some classy input. I really wish people would stop quoting her though, it makes the ignore list useless.

Knizzle
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Why would Carlos lie about that? :confused: THAT doesn't make sense.
Why does he use foul words in his interviews while bad mouthing other players and the WTA tour?? If he does that then lying on players definitely wouldn't be beneath him.

Martian KC
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:35 PM
He's brash. I give you that. But has he ever lied in his interviews?

Knizzle
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:35 PM
i don't doubt serena would say something like that
nothing she says surprises me any more
i mean isn't she the same person who put on a french accent and said "We don't want to fight. We want to make clothes."
or the one who claims that she wasn't at the wimbledon final this year :)
Those were jokes, if she was also just joking about Justine's height then why is Carlos taking it so personal?? Also if the sisters did things like that I think it would have been reported, why wait until 2003 when Justine finally beats a Williams at a slam to bring it up?? Also why isn't Justine telling this story instead of Carlos?? Is Justine afraid to talk for herself??

bandabou
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:36 PM
I'm sure most of the crowd did not know what was happening. But they did notice that serena was arguing about it and holding up play.

So they turned against a player without even knowing what was happening?

bandabou
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:37 PM
was the crowd turning serena on? :scratch: ;)

:lol: Turned against Serena, then....

pigam
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:39 PM
please, is the course this thread is taking really necessary in this holiday spirit?
Justine made a mistake. She should have aknowleged she raised her hand. Point final.

Knizzle
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:39 PM
He's brash. I give you that. But has he ever lied in his interviews?
It's debatable because the picture he's portraying of the sisters is so far away from what we see and hear on a daily basis from them. I doubt they would do anything like that without being provoked and even if provoked they usually don't respond to garbage, they just let the racquet do the talking. Do you agree??

pigam
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:44 PM
It's debatable because the picture he's portraying of the sisters is so far away from what we see and hear on a daily basis from them. I doubt they would do anything like that without being provoked and even if provoked they usually don't respond to garbage, they just let the racquet do the talking. Do you agree??
I agree. :yeah:
BUT we can never be sure, do you agree?
Both Justine and Carlos know the sisters a lot better than any of us do, do you agree?
They regularily talk to each other, they see eachother all the time, ...
What's more. I really think the WS-Justine relationship is thāt bad :shrug: they're always very nice (even after RG) towards eachother ininterveiws, even when not asked about it...

moby
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:46 PM
Those were jokes, if she was also just joking about Justine's height then why is Carlos taking it so personal?? Also if the sisters did things like that I think it would have been reported, why wait until 2003 when Justine finally beats a Williams at a slam to bring it up?? Also why isn't Justine telling this story instead of Carlos?? Is Justine afraid to talk for herself??
well yes, i do agree they are jokes. in fact, i always find serena's interview very amusing. after all, i'm hardly the target of her jokes. but you've to admit sometimes she's not very sensitive, and perhaps justine's lack of height is something that bugs justine

also carlos is justine's spokesperson (for everything)... why bother speaking to the press, when you can get your minions to do that for you? :devil:

Knizzle
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:46 PM
I agree. :yeah:
BUT we can never be sure, do you agree?
Both Justine and Carlos know the sisters a lot better than any of us do, do you agree?
They regularily talk to each other, they see eachother all the time, ...
What's more. I really think the WS-Justine relationship is thāt bad :shrug: they're always very nice (even after RG) towards eachother ininterveiws, even when not asked about it...
I doubt the sisters talk to Carlos, maybe a little to Justine, but they probably steer clear of Carlos. It just stinks of a rat that Carlos is saying those things, but Justine hasn't a word to say about it. You can tell he really despises the sisters and that just doesn't sit well.

Knizzle
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:48 PM
well yes, i do agree they are jokes. in fact, i always find serena's interview very amusing. after all, i'm hardly the target of her jokes. but you've to admit sometimes she's not very sensitive, and perhaps justine's lack of height is something that bugs justine

also carlos is justine's spokesperson (for everything)... why bother speaking to the press, when you can get your minions to do that for you? :devil:
Well he's not representing Justine in a very good light.

saki
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:49 PM
I have trouble imagining Venus and Serena doing any such thing, I have to say. My guess is that Carlos is being overprotective and exaggerating something out of recognition. He has been basically Justine's father figure as well as her coach and he feels any slight on her behalf very keenly. Witness how angry he gets with the WTA about how they treat her.

pigam
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:50 PM
I doubt the sisters talk to Carlos, maybe a little to Justine, but they probably steer clear of Carlos. It just stinks of a rat that Carlos is saying those things, but Justine hasn't a word to say about it. You can tell he really despises the sisters and that just doesn't sit well.
ok, if that is how you feel, you're entitled to feel so,
but i really think you are exaggerating.
Sure, they are not best friends, but come on, it's not like they could
drink eachothers blood. You gotta admit you can not 'catch' notr Justine, Venus
or Serena on saying something trashy about eachother ... which can not be said
about some other players.
But of course, I (and i think WE) do not know so...

bandabou
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:53 PM
please, is the course this thread is taking really necessary in this holiday spirit?
Justine made a mistake. She should have aknowleged she raised her hand. Point final.

No problems with Justine...a mistake, Serena sometimes does it too.....but the crowd, the crowd. What Serena that warranted such a treatment?

Knizzle
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:53 PM
Let me clarify I could definitely see the sisters doing this back when they had rivarly and war of words with Hingis, but I can't grasp why they would just all of a sudden pick on Justine.

moby
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:55 PM
No problems with Justine...a mistake, Serena sometimes does it too.....but the crowd, the crowd. What Serena that warranted such a treatment?doesn't speak french :o

bandabou
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:56 PM
The ONLY thing that people can say that the sisters donīt do is perhaps giving credit to their opponents, but you never hear them say anything bad fellow players.

moby
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:57 PM
Let me clarify I could definitely see the sisters doing this back when they had rivarly and war of words with Hingis, but I can't grasp why they would just all of a sudden pick on Justine.
that little dislike for your adversary is always important for any good rivalry :)
boris becker said he played his best when he doesn't like his opponent
so i don't think we should expect serena and justine to hang out and stuff

i don't think they were actually picking on justine
they probably thought it was funny (if they did say it), and justine didn't
so there arises the misunderstanding

bandabou
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:57 PM
doesn't speak french :o

unluckily for her....

pigam
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:58 PM
No problems with Justine...a mistake, Serena sometimes does it too.....but the crowd, the crowd. What Serena that warranted such a treatment?
no. Not at all.
But the French and Belgian press had hyped up Serena's image a great deal
before that match. Showing how she jokingly (?) 'ridiculed' the French,
how she was very rude towards cameramen who filmed near her trainingsession
etc. etc. ...
Sure, those are not excuses, but 'the general tennis fan" is dumb enough to
buy into it, and you know how favourites are always up against the crowd...

This year (without Justine and Kim) Serena was still not popular with the French
crowd. She really isn't liked over there... why, I don't know. Racism, maybe...

Knizzle
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:59 PM
that little dislike for your adversary is always important for any good rivalry :)
boris becker said he played his best when he doesn't like his opponent
so i don't think we should expect serena and justine to hang out and stuff

i don't think they were actually picking on justine
they probably thought it was funny (if they did say it), and justine didn't
so there arises the misunderstanding
But Carlos said they hit Justine with their tennis bags. That's a little more than just joking.

saki
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:59 PM
doesn't speak french :o
Also, she'd absolutely crushed Amelie in the QF and I think the crowd was a little upset that they were watching Serena-Justine rather than Amelie-Justine. And.. wasn't this fairly soon after her "the French want to make clothes rather than war" interview? I don't think the French crowd hates Serena though, I think it's more that they really like Justine. She's very articulate in French and because she's close to the French players, she never says anything bad about them.

moby
Dec 4th, 2004, 03:00 PM
i don't really think it's about race
i mean yannick noah is black too, and his flamboyant personality is a little like serena's, but still the french adore him

Martian KC
Dec 4th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Also, she'd absolutely crushed Amelie in the QF and I think the crowd was a little upset that they were watching Serena-Justine rather than Amelie-Justine. And.. wasn't this fairly soon after her "the French want to make clothes rather than war" interview? I don't think the French crowd hates Serena though, I think it's more that they really like Justine. She's very articulate in French and because she's close to the French players, she never says anything bad about them.

And of course how concentrated Serena looked on beating Amelie.:o :p

bandabou
Dec 4th, 2004, 03:04 PM
no. Not at all.
But the French and Belgian press had hyped up Serena's image a great deal
before that match. Showing how she jokingly (?) 'ridiculed' the French,
how she was very rude towards cameramen who filmed near her trainingsession
etc. etc. ...
Sure, those are not excuses, but 'the general tennis fan" is dumb enough to
buy into it, and you know how favourites are always up against the crowd...

This year (without Justine and Kim) Serena was still not popular with the French
crowd. She really isn't liked over there... why, I don't know. Racism, maybe...

Last year, yeah..maybe the french-thingies would have gone up....but this year? Even after being out so long, they still booed her during some of her matches....so maybe thereīs something more going on there.

moby
Dec 4th, 2004, 03:06 PM
Last year, yeah..maybe the french-thingies would have gone up....but this year? Even after being out so long, they still booed her during some of her matches....so maybe thereīs something more going on there.
the french crowd does not forget easily
martina got booed in 2000 too, though admittedly serena didn't do anything quite as unconventional

Knizzle
Dec 4th, 2004, 03:07 PM
i don't really think it's about race
i mean yannick noah is black too, and his flamboyant personality is a little like serena's, but still the french adore him

bandabou
Yeah....maybe he Momo-thing, the french-thingies...the dominating-player, etc.....but this year even? They still booed her this year....even during that Maria K-match she nearly lost, still boos were shattering...

Kabezya

Not every person in the crowd is going to love you. They have their own logic and reasons behind their behavior that some people will understand and accept. All that has no bearing on Serena - the only thing she can do, and needs to do is play her tennis. The emotions much of which are useless can be left to those types in the stands.

Serena could apologize for whatever transgressions and it still wouldn't be enough just like any wrong doings and ill will directed towards her wouldn't be remembered. So at the end of the day it has to be a wash.

moby
Dec 4th, 2004, 03:08 PM
:confused:

bandabou
Dec 4th, 2004, 03:08 PM
the french crowd does not forget easily
martina got booed in 2000 too, though admittedly serena didn't do anything quite as unconventional

Thatīs the thing.....Martina obviously crossed the line, but Serena? Did she really really do anything that was THAT bad?

saki
Dec 4th, 2004, 03:09 PM
Who knows? Crowds are pretty fickle, especially the RG crowd for some reason. I remember how unpopular Steffi was there for years until she suddenly morphed into "the sentimental favourite" in 1999. They've booed their own players too there - Amelie, Mary Pierce.

pigam
Dec 4th, 2004, 03:09 PM
yeah of course there is, and I'mų not approving it
It would be great if all crowds where like the Aussie crowds, they are simply
the best. But come on! Watch a match played by JenCap or Andy Roddick during
the USopen, and you get the exact same behaviour. Really. I mean, I know you don't believ me but I have the Cap-Ju 2003 USopen match on video here and
JCap is really stirring the audience on and that crowd is really rude too.
Have you ever been to a soccerstadium? Where supporters sing "you're mother
is a hoor' and stuff? It's discusting, simply discusting. But I don't think you should act as if it is only happening during RG against Serena. Noone deserves such treatment at any place or any time.

bandabou
Dec 4th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Not every person in the crowd is going to love you. They have their own logic and reasons behind their behavior that some people will understand and accept. All that has no bearing on Serena - the only thing she can do, and needs to do is play her tennis. The emotions much of which are useless can be left to those types in the stands.

Serena could apologize for whatever transgressions and it still wouldn't be enough just like any wrong doings and ill will directed towards her wouldn't be remembered. So at the end of the day it has to be a wash.

I guess so.....

pigam
Dec 4th, 2004, 03:12 PM
I really think it is as simple as this.
Serena is intrinsicly the best player of the WTA and she's not afraid to say this about
herself in interviews. Add to that that the media hyped her arrogance and people feel
threatened.

bandabou
Dec 4th, 2004, 03:13 PM
yeah of course there is, and I'mų not approving it
It would be great if all crowds where like the Aussie crowds, they are simply
the best. But come on! Watch a match played by JenCap or Andy Roddick during
the USopen, and you get the exact same behaviour. Really. I mean, I know you don't believ me but I have the Cap-Ju 2003 USopen match on video here and
JCap is really stirring the audience on and that crowd is really rude too.
Have you ever been to a soccerstadium? Where supporters sing "you're mother
is a hoor' and stuff? It's discusting, simply discusting. But I don't think you should act as if it is only happening during RG against Serena. Noone deserves such treatment at any place or any time.

Period! Yeah, Jenīs behavior during that match was just ridiculous.

The sad thing is that Serena even gets robbed at her homecountry too...witness ī04 u.s.open, ī01 I.W., etc...

pigam
Dec 4th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Period! Yeah, Jenīs behavior during that match was just ridiculous.

The sad thing is that Serena even gets robbed at her homecountry too...witness ī04 u.s.open, ī01 I.W., etc...
yes, I agree. and that's why there is something 'more' to it.
But both Venus and Serena are taking the best revenge there is.
The years have 'softened' the sisters in their behaviour and will probably
soften the crowd too :shrug:.
It's really ambigous (?). Altho Serena is maybe the most booed player, she is
also the player who sells the most tickets and the one every tourniedirector
wants on the commitmentlist. Now that says it all, I think.

bandabou
Dec 4th, 2004, 03:17 PM
I really think it is as simple as this.
Serena is intrinsicly the best player of the WTA and she's not afraid to say this about
herself in interviews. Add to that that the media hyped her arrogance and people feel
threatened.

Hmmm....thatīs what Iīm saying...last year it was understandable. Serena WAS dominating. Period.

But I mean, that isnīt the case anymore....injuries, losses, struggling to win titles, etc....I always thought that when great champions lose their auras that they become more beloved....guess that story wonīt go up for Serena.

moby
Dec 4th, 2004, 03:19 PM
It's really ambigous (?). Altho Serena is maybe the most booed player, she is also the player who sells the most tickets and the one every tourniedirector wants on the commitmentlist. Now that says it all, I think.
yeah it's kind of weird
i remember in 2001, martina was voted as both the most hated and most well liked player at Roland Garros

bandabou
Dec 4th, 2004, 03:21 PM
yes, I agree. and that's why there is something 'more' to it.
But both Venus and Serena are taking the best revenge there is.
The years have 'softened' the sisters in their behaviour and will probably
soften the crowd too :shrug:.
It's really ambigous (?). Altho Serena is maybe the most booed player, she is
also the player who sells the most tickets and the one every tourniedirector
wants on the commitmentlist. Now that says it all, I think.

Odd isnīt....hated, but still loved somehow.

I hope that more crowds are gonna be like the crowds at the YEC were for Serena.....I think she has deserved that by now.

Kabezya
Dec 4th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Hmmm....thatīs what Iīm saying...last year it was understandable. Serena WAS dominating. Period.

But I mean, that isnīt the case anymore....injuries, losses, struggling to win titles, etc....I always thought that when great champions lose their auras that they become more beloved....guess that story wonīt go up for Serena.

But who matters here? Those who care enough to waste their energy to boo or those who come out specifically to support both Venus and Serena? I doubt Serena is living her life with regrets that some french fans booed her or letting an Indian Wells color her view of all spectators. The fans who come out to see her at charity events, who supported her like crazy at the YEC are those who matter and those who she'll probably remember and take to heart.

Serena's known also outside of tennis and highly regarded for what she's done in tennis - there's respect there for sure. Both sisters know the hypocrisy, the ups and downs associated with the game and them specifically. Some idiots don't make the world stop for Serena or show a thing about her career. Don't cry for Serena, she's not and for good reason.

bandabou
Dec 4th, 2004, 03:34 PM
But who matters here? Those who care enough to waste their energy to boo or those who come out specifically to support both Venus and Serena? I doubt Serena is living her life with regrets that some french fans booed her or letting an Indian Wells color her view of all spectators. The fans who come out to see her at charity events, who supported her like crazy at the YEC are those who matter and those who she'll probably remember and take to heart.

Serena's known also outside of tennis and highly regarded for what she's done in tennis - there's respect there for sure. Both sisters know the hypocrisy, the ups and downs associated with the game and them specifically. Some idiots don't make the world stop for Serena or show a thing about her career. Don't cry for Serena, she's not and for good reason.

Very nice....

dreamgoddess099
Dec 4th, 2004, 04:17 PM
The real problem in this match was that Serena was on an amazing slam winning streak and some totally evil jealous people were desperate to see her fail. The French were mad and afraid of Serena because of the way she beat Amelie. The crowd obviously saw Serena as some kind of undefeatable grandslam monster that they needed to help Justine beat (and Justine's own actions proved she knew she needed help too) and were willing to do anything they could to distract Serena from playing her best. Well anyway, Serena finally lost a slam match (as if you can call it that) and the tennis world's (minus Serena's fans) prayers were answered.

bandabou
Dec 4th, 2004, 04:38 PM
Yep, dream.....and things were never the same again....after that Serena played just one more tournament before getting her surgery and the rest is history.....:sad:

Stamp Paid
Dec 4th, 2004, 05:19 PM
ani - Hollaback GirlYep, dream.....and things were never the same again....after that Serena played just one more tournament before getting her surgery and the rest is history.....:sad:
If only she hadn't bent over to pick up that damned earring!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: She would have at least 9 slams by now!

And oh yeah, its awesome how Juju fans really seem to have a general respect for Serena and vice versa. :hatoff:I hope that rivalry isn't finished, we still haven't gotten to see our Juju/Serena hardcourt battle.:sad:

Knizzle
Dec 4th, 2004, 05:26 PM
The real problem in this match was that Serena was on an amazing slam winning streak and some totally evil jealous people were desperate to see her fail. The French were mad and afraid of Serena because of the way she beat Amelie. The crowd obviously saw Serena as some kind of undefeatable grandslam monster that they needed to help Justine beat (and Justine's own actions proved she knew she needed help too) and were willing to do anything they could to distract Serena from playing her best. Well anyway, Serena finally lost a slam match (as if you can call it that) and the tennis world's (minus Serena's fans) prayers were answered.
:worship:PREACH:worship:

Stamp Paid
Dec 4th, 2004, 05:56 PM
Serena serving, up 4-2, 30-0 in the third set of the French open SF, 2003.

LMAO, I've gotten 3 bad reps for this. Is this account incorrect? :lol::lol:

bandabou
Dec 4th, 2004, 07:12 PM
ani - Hollaback Girl
If only she hadn't bent over to pick up that damned earring!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: She would have at least 9 slams by now!

And oh yeah, its awesome how Juju fans really seem to have a general respect for Serena and vice versa. :hatoff:I hope that rivalry isn't finished, we still haven't gotten to see our Juju/Serena hardcourt battle.:sad:

Yeah...because the battle was undecided in ī03.....we need some more in the future.

faste5683
Dec 4th, 2004, 08:57 PM
Those were jokes, if she was also just joking about Justine's height then why is Carlos taking it so personal??

Who said they were jokes?

Also if the sisters did things like that I think it would have been reported, why wait until 2003 when Justine finally beats a Williams at a slam to bring it up??

Why not?

Also why isn't Justine telling this story instead of Carlos?? Is Justine afraid to talk for herself??

Yeah, the tiny sky-diver is terrified.

:wavey:

Knizzle
Dec 4th, 2004, 10:30 PM

Why not?

You provided no reasonable explanations for those questions with nothing to support your ideas but bullshit.

Stamp Paid
Dec 5th, 2004, 12:13 AM

Why not?

Nothing in Venus or Serena's character would suggest that they would personally attack and lightly assault a fellow player. Carlos Rodriguez is just a shit starter who was trying to drudge up even more anti-Serena sentiment in Europe.

T-T
Dec 5th, 2004, 03:29 AM
I've never seen a player cease a rally because she saw the ball out. Serena stopped play up to three times to ask the umpire for a gravel mark. That was some unsporty behavior. How can you expect the crowd to appreciate stuff like that. Let the umpires decide, and if they don't see it, contest the call and ask for a mark; if not, bad luck.

I guess Justine didn't mind giving Serena a little payback: if the umpire didn't see her holding up her hand... not her problem. I don't think she would have ignored Serena without Serena's childish behavior up till then.

Stamp Paid
Dec 5th, 2004, 03:48 AM
I've never seen a player cease a rally because she saw the ball out. Serena stopped play up to three times to ask the umpire for a gravel mark. That was some unsporty behavior. How can you expect the crowd to appreciate stuff like that. Let the umpires decide, and if they don't see it, contest the call and ask for a mark; if not, bad luck.

I guess Justine didn't mind giving Serena a little payback: if the umpire didn't see her holding up her hand... not her problem. I don't think she would have ignored Serena without Serena's childish behavior up till then.
1.) The balls were far out and the linesmen did not call them - Serena did nothing wrong by stopping play and asking the umpire to come down an inspect the ball marks that were waaaay out.

2.) Serena didn't call down the umpire to inspect those marks until AFTER the hand incident.

So your whole argument about Jjuju paying Serena back for alleged "childish" behavior is bullshit. Serena did nothing wrong, Juju did. End of story.

MinnyGophers
Dec 5th, 2004, 04:11 AM
1.) The balls were far out and the linesmen did not call them - Serena did nothing wrong by stopping play and asking the umpire to come down an inspect the ball marks that were waaaay out.

2.) Serena didn't call down the umpire to inspect those marks until AFTER the hand incident.

So your whole argument about Jjuju paying Serena back for alleged "childish" behavior is bullshit. Serena did nothing wrong, Juju did. End of story.

ummm what exactly did Juju do wrong??
As I remember, she didn't actually "do" anyhing.

T-T
Dec 5th, 2004, 05:25 AM

No reason to assume you have the right to stop playing.

Not true. Have the match recorded, saw it a dozen times. The crowd started booing Serena right after she halted play several times. Then later on there is the hand incident. For which I'm not defending Justine. But Serena acted childishly, and that's final.

Martian KC
Dec 5th, 2004, 05:38 AM
Long live RG03!!!

Stamp Paid
Dec 5th, 2004, 06:00 AM
Long live RG03!!!
And moral relatavism!!!!:bounce:

cheo23
Dec 5th, 2004, 07:09 AM
Long live RG03!!!
Cannot BELIEVE THEy ARE STILL TALKIN ABout THAT CONTROVERSIAL
MATCH!
By the way..Justine Won 5 of the LAST 6 GAMES Played!
People Always forget THAT FACT!
& SERENA got HeR REVENGE IN Wimbledon Semis Destroyin Justine 3 &2

cheo23
Dec 5th, 2004, 07:25 AM

SHe was NOT "Dominatin Last YEAR"
On the Clay Courts SHe wasn't Dominatin
Losin to Justine 2 times In a ROW is NOt DOMINATIN
Serena was strugglin to Defeat Emilie Loit, Kimmie @ Australia
At Wimbledon havin to go 3 SETS to DEFEAT a "Injuried" Venus Williams
But 2 Majors in a Way is BEAutiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO SERENA! WE LOVE U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

crouching
Dec 5th, 2004, 10:37 AM
Actually on a clay court, if you see a ball that has gone out but the linesman didn't call it out, then you MUST stop play immediately. Then you have to let the chair umpire inspect the mark.

If you do not stop play immediately, then you cannot request for the mark to be checked by the chair umpire.

bandabou
Dec 5th, 2004, 10:52 AM
I always thought so too......what T-Tīs saying is total crap. If the ball is out, it is out.....what? You have to let the call go against you, just so the crowd wonīt go against you? The crowd should just keep their mouths shout..

bandabou
Dec 5th, 2004, 10:52 AM
SHe was NOT "Dominatin Last YEAR"
On the Clay Courts SHe wasn't Dominatin
Losin to Justine 2 times In a ROW is NOt DOMINATIN
Serena was strugglin to Defeat Emilie Loit, Kimmie @ Australia
At Wimbledon havin to go 3 SETS to DEFEAT a "Injuried" Venus Williams
But 2 Majors in a Way is BEAutiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO SERENA! WE LOVE U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Hi, Mariaīs biggest-fan.

T-T
Dec 5th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Even when, theoretically, you have the right to stop play if you think a ball is out, I've never seen anyone do that except for Serena that day. I thought it was embarassing. But I understand Serena fans would disagree, no hard feelings.

bandabou
Dec 5th, 2004, 09:22 PM
What is she supposed to do, t-t? Let it go on, so that another mark comes? Have to go take a lesson in logical thinking.

cheo23
Dec 6th, 2004, 02:57 AM
Hi, Mariaīs biggest-fan.
:lol: @ U!
Thats All U can say is "Maria's Biggest Fan"
U couldn't FInd a GOOD Response To that WHole "dominatin" About SERENA
SERENA WAS DOMINATE in 2002 !
2003 she didn't Play a FUll SEASON TO BE CONSIDERED Dominate
& Just Because I am STATIN FACTS About SERENAs SEAson
doesn't imply I'm Maria's BIGGEST FAN!
So FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Volcana
Dec 6th, 2004, 03:09 AM
I don't think there IS any 'problem' between Serena and Justine. Both of them have been forced to confront the reality that their careers are fragile things, and time spent on petty resentments is time lost irretrievably.

Justine did something that I think she wouldn't do again. At that point, she had never won a slam, and was in a total-commitment I'll-do-anything-I-have-to to win mentality. Now she's had a chance to review, and I think, in future, she'll call for such a point to be replayed.

As for Serena, she made some uncalled for jokes about the French, and may have been surprised at the visceral reaction of the crowd. Again, I doubt we'll see similiar behavior in the future.

We often fail to recal these players are young people. Expecting them to have the decorum and polish of 50 year old diplomats is unfair. Perhaps absurd. Perhaps insane.

But Serena and Justine have more in common with each other than they have with most of us. I would be surprised if much hostility remains.

T-T
Dec 6th, 2004, 12:38 PM
Amen! :wavey:

bandabou
Dec 6th, 2004, 12:56 PM
:lol: @ U!
Thats All U can say is "Maria's Biggest Fan"
U couldn't FInd a GOOD Response To that WHole "dominatin" About SERENA
SERENA WAS DOMINATE in 2002 !
2003 she didn't Play a FUll SEASON TO BE CONSIDERED Dominate
& Just Because I am STATIN FACTS About SERENAs SEAson
doesn't imply I'm Maria's BIGGEST FAN!
So FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Itīs all good, cheo.....just playing with ya.

Greenout
Dec 6th, 2004, 01:03 PM
My big question is if this is so tired, and old why are there over a 1,200
views of this thread? Obviously, people care..alot about Serena and Justine
despite both having less than ideal 2004 seasons. :lol:

It sort of reminds me how we can have all the IDOL shows around the
world, yet when Britany, Destiny's Child, and U2 release a new album
everyone buys shit loads of the stuff and forget's all about the shiny faux
idols. ;)

bandabou
Dec 6th, 2004, 02:15 PM
My big question is if this is so tired, and old why are they over a 1,200

idols. ;)

Me thinks greeny might be on something here.....

fifiricci
Dec 6th, 2004, 02:20 PM
My big question is if this is so tired, and old why are they over a 1,200

idols. ;)
But have you HEARD the new U2 album? Its tired old fucking crap, just like them. :rolleyes:

drivevolley
Dec 6th, 2004, 10:03 PM
I don't think there IS any 'problem' between Serena and Justine. Both of them have been forced to confront the reality that their careers are fragile things, and time spent on petty resentments is time lost irretrievably.

Justine did something that I think she wouldn't do again. At that point, she had never won a slam, and was in a total-commitment I'll-do-anything-I-have-to to win mentality. Now she's had a chance to review, and I think, in future, she'll call for such a point to be replayed.

As for Serena, she made some uncalled for jokes about the French, and may have been surprised at the visceral reaction of the crowd. Again, I doubt we'll see similiar behavior in the future.

We often fail to recal these players are young people. Expecting them to have the decorum and polish of 50 year old diplomats is unfair. Perhaps absurd. Perhaps insane.

But Serena and Justine have more in common with each other than they have with most of us. I would be surprised if much hostility remains.

Well said :worship:

faste5683
Dec 6th, 2004, 11:29 PM
Nothing in Venus or Serena's character would suggest that they would personally attack and lightly assault a fellow player. Carlos Rodriguez is just a shit starter who was trying to drudge up even more anti-Serena sentiment in Europe.

Why would you suggest that Carlos is a "shit starter"? Maybe he's just "outspoken", like so many other colorful male characters involved in women's tennis...:haha:

And your opinion of Carlos stirring up anti-Serena sentiment in Europe? Where did you come up with this? Yeah, I'm sure the entire European communtity listens with baited breath to every word this Argentinian tennis coach utters...