PDA

View Full Version : DSF will show Wimbledon from next year on

GoDominique
Dec 3rd, 2004, 12:29 AM
Good news :) - of course only if they show it completely and not only from 5 pm on. :o
At least no more crap ARD coverage. :bounce:

GoDominique
Dec 3rd, 2004, 12:31 AM
Article here: http://www.sport1.de/coremedia/generator/www.sport1.de/Sportarten/Tennis/__Berichte/Sonstiges/ten_20dsf_20wimbledon_200212_20mel.html

DSF zeigt Wimbledon bis 2007

München - Aufschlag DSF in Wimbledon!

Das DSF (http://www.sport1.de/coremedia/generator/www.dsf.de/Main.html) hat für die nächsten drei Jahre die Übertragungsrechte am bedeutendsten Tennisturnier der Welt erworben und setzt damit seine Investitionen ins Programm fort.

Das Rechtepaket umfasst die kompletten und exklusiven Free TV-Rechte des Herren- und des Damen-Turniers für die Jahre 2005 bis 2007.

Im kommenden Jahr werden die "All England Championships" in Wimbledon zwischen 20. Juni und 3. Juli ausgetragen.

http://www.sport1.de/t.gif"Überragende Marke"

DSF-Geschäftsführer Thomas Deissenberger: "Wimbledon steht für eine überragende Marke und erstklassigen Tennissport. Und Wimbledon hat in der Vergangenheit sehr gut im DSF funktioniert - eine weitere gute Investition in unser Programm."

Bereits in den Jahren 1997 bis 2001 sowie 2003 und 2004 war das Traditionsturnier im DSF zu sehen - mit herausragendem Erfolg: Bei den Übertragungen aus Wimbledon erzielte das DSF in den letzten Jahren Spitzenwerte von bis zu vier Millionen Zuschauern.

croat123
Dec 3rd, 2004, 01:20 AM
that's awesome news!!

except i'm going to croatia later this year so i'll be watching it on espn :rolleyes:

jrm
Dec 3rd, 2004, 01:56 AM
Let's hope not to many Germans make it in MD or else you know what they'll show ...

Jakub
Dec 3rd, 2004, 09:43 AM
good news.
sometimes that DSF can be usefull ;)

lindsayno1
Dec 3rd, 2004, 09:53 AM
can someone tell me what the DSF and ARD jargon is about!?

GoDominique
Dec 3rd, 2004, 02:03 PM
Bump.

irma
Dec 3rd, 2004, 02:07 PM
rtl should show wimbledon again with Uli
those were the days :worship:

GoDominique
Dec 3rd, 2004, 02:19 PM
LOL, Uli and his "Kabuff" (the little studio). ;)

Serena Sharapova
Dec 3rd, 2004, 02:34 PM
Can't you get BBC coverage?

GoDominique
Dec 3rd, 2004, 02:35 PM
Nope.

Spunky83
Dec 3rd, 2004, 04:23 PM
can someone tell me what the DSF and ARD jargon is about!?

Both channels used to share the broadcasting rights of this tourney. Last year ARD (german state televison) started to show the single days and DSF would continue to broadcast at 5pm. ARD really messed up last year when they decided not to show the mens´ final (Note: number one vs. number two), but instead broadcasted an unimportant cycling race. They said it´s not worth to show the final cause no one watches it, so thank God, they gave the rights away to DSF!

Spunky83
Dec 3rd, 2004, 04:25 PM
What about the Australian Open??

I thought ARD weren't going to bother this year

What channels in Germany will show it??

Eurosport I guess.

xan
Dec 3rd, 2004, 04:40 PM
Both channels used to share the broadcasting rights of this tourney. Last year ARD (german state televison) started to show the single days and DSF would continue to broadcast at 5pm. ARD really messed up last year when they decided not to show the mens´ final (Note: number one vs. number two), but instead broadcasted an unimportant cycling race. They said it´s not worth to show the final cause no one watches it, so thank God, they gave the rights away to DSF!
Don't Germans support Federer?

Spunky83
Dec 3rd, 2004, 05:03 PM
Don't Germans support Federer?

We don´t support him, we like him...though a lot of people think it´s pretty sad that he wasn´t born a little bit more north;)

The problem is that no one here cares for tennis anylonger, there are just no top players anymore since Becker&Steffi retired. The rich people here turned to golf now, the tennis clubs lose more and more members...it´s sad. Go out on the streets and ask 100 persons to name just ONE player who won a Slam last year, I bet only 10 can tell you one winner!