PDA

View Full Version : Megan Falcon is okay??

TennisP
Dec 2nd, 2004, 05:13 PM
We all thought that Megan was out of tennis for good. Didnt hear from her or see her for ages. I heard her injury was very serious... Did anyone see her play at Palm Beach yesterday?? I wonder if she is going to play tennis full time?? We heard that she is working with the same guy who is with Ana Lena Groenfeld and Shaughnessy????? Does anyone have info on this.

Good job Megan for your victory yesterday!

DevilishAttitude
Dec 2nd, 2004, 05:15 PM
Who :confused:

How old is she what style of play has she got and where is she ranked :)

^bibi^
Dec 2nd, 2004, 05:23 PM
megan falcon, usa... should be aroung 18 i think.. anna-lena's coach (and meggie's coach too) is rafael font da mora... but i' dont know if he's going to coahc a second megan lol

tennis30003
Feb 25th, 2010, 10:22 PM
I know this is kind of an older thread to answer, but I can tell you that megan falcon was coached and developed by Sean Abdollahi and prior to that she was training at his academy in Northern California. ATA Tennis Academy. She was doing pretty darn well and reached high 200's WTA and then she suddenly stopped playing tournaments etc. I read recently that she lost her mother and father. She had a great college career, but I don't understand why she choose LSU??? Does anyone know?? I did see her at a tournament working with Rafael who was Anna Groenfeld coach and Meghan Shaughnessy, but I'm not sure if they worked together and for how long. She was a fun player to watch. My daughter his with her at a couple tournaments. Her then coach Sean was very tough. The guy was always pushing her to do better. I thought she would have for sure made it in the pros.

patricktav2003
Feb 25th, 2010, 11:31 PM
megan just lost in the qualifications of 10k portugal

Kevin.
Feb 25th, 2010, 11:36 PM
I know this is kind of an older thread to answer, but I can tell you that megan falcon was coached and developed by Sean Abdollahi and prior to that she was training at his academy in Northern California. ATA Tennis Academy. She was doing pretty darn well and reached high 200's WTA and then she suddenly stopped playing tournaments etc. I read recently that she lost her mother and father. She had a great college career, but I don't understand why she choose LSU??? Does anyone know?? I did see her at a tournament working with Rafael who was Anna Groenfeld coach and Meghan Shaughnessy, but I'm not sure if they worked together and for how long. She was a fun player to watch. My daughter his with her at a couple tournaments. Her then coach Sean was very tough. The guy was always pushing her to do better. I thought she would have for sure made it in the pros.

I'm assuming your daughter is lauren seaman bc they both played for lsu. There's some YouTube videos of her game. Fun player to watch

*JR*
Feb 26th, 2010, 12:18 AM
http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=593141

Cute girl, a little short though. (Only a few in that height range are successful as WTA singles players these days) Given Rafi's err "reputation" :tape: I wish Megan luck. Anyhow, I guess this shows that Adidas isn't going to pay him anymore to work with "major league prospects" like ALG anymore.

tennis30003
Feb 26th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Patricktav2003 you are right, she lost in 10K in Portugal and she actually lost a couple other matches first or second round. Nice to see that she is trying to come back, but maybe too late. I saw the link that Kevin provided us on youtube. She looks is great shape. Her game does look a bit more defensive than what I remember. Is it the college tennis or the fact that she practiced at LSU?? If Megan is really going to make a come back she should re-connect with her old coach, Sean. He left us and the academy to devote to her. On the other hand, she may just need tons of good matches. I'm not sure touring to Por to play groups of 10K is a wise way to start or spend money on. Is Megan on tour with a coach or trainer? If not, lets provide ideas and places Megan can go to come back. Her results where much better before college tennis. I pray for this girl. She deserves a break.