PDA

View Full Version : When will people realize the SINGLE EVENT character behind Martina´s comeback?

ChrisGermany
Dec 2nd, 2004, 11:10 AM
I get kind of sick when I realize how over-interpreted these comeback news are. It´s just for charity :angel:

tennislover
Dec 2nd, 2004, 11:36 AM
OMG for just ONE second I thought you had talked about "my" Martina........ :eek: :lol:

About Hingis, I agree with you.....

kabuki
Dec 2nd, 2004, 11:40 AM
I get kind of sick when I realize how over-interpreted these comeback news are. It´s just for charity :angel:

And also a savvy way to reduce the pressure, just in case, you know.

twight6
Dec 2nd, 2004, 11:43 AM
when is pattaya city? didn't it used to be during the yec?

Grohl
Dec 2nd, 2004, 11:45 AM
those people just want to see her coming back and think that she will stay after one match! don't think that 'll happen, she said herself that a medical mirracle should happen before that

moby
Dec 2nd, 2004, 11:56 AM
those people just want to see her coming back and think that she will stay after one match! don't think that 'll happen, she said herself that a medical mirracle should happen before that
one tournament, about 5 matches
she'll be there on finals day ;)

vertigo
Dec 2nd, 2004, 11:57 AM
Well its a nice thought that she will come back and indeed could come back at all... so I'd like to maintain that it could still happen. You never know, she could be testing the tennis waters so to speak, before she commits herself to playing again in non- charity events. Hell, she's definitely still got the determination and interest in tennis to play again.. it all depends on the treatment for her injury. Does anyone know the particulars?? I'm no medical expert but surely just playing (even 'just' for charity) means that tennis is possible again?

Grohl
Dec 2nd, 2004, 12:06 PM
one tournament, about 5 matches
she'll be there on finals day ;)
if she makes it that far ;)
she's been out for quite a while now

moby
Dec 2nd, 2004, 12:23 PM
if she makes it that far ;)
she's been out for quite a while now
indeed
but it's a tier 3, and a rather weak one at that
martina shall prevail :D

(rumour has it that her serve now averages 120mph :p ... you didn't think she was sitting around on horses all day did you)

saki
Dec 2nd, 2004, 12:47 PM
I think it's a tier IV, isn't it? She'll do pretty well - I can't see her playing at all otherwise - but I agree that to call this a serious comeback is just wrong.

Experimentee
Dec 2nd, 2004, 01:45 PM
Pattaya's always been a Tier V, unless it changed for next year.

The media like to make a lot out of nothing all the time. I recently saw an article where the headline was about a Sampras comeback, but in the article all it had was that Pete asked Courier how he was enjoying the seniors tour, and they took that to mean that Pete was considering joining Jim there.

lukehingis
Dec 2nd, 2004, 02:16 PM
The women in the top 20 are pretty tough for a rusty martina to defeat, but other than that, I'm sure she could take the challenge!

If she wins she'll get more inspiration to make a full comeback!

Go Martina!