PDA

View Full Version : My two cents: Myskina is overrated

Jakeev
Dec 1st, 2004, 08:47 PM
You know I am one that respects and enjoys all the women that play the game on the WTA tour. But after reading all the hoopla over Anastasia Myskina, all I have to say is that she is absolutely the most overrated as a tennis player.

As far as I am concerned, Myskina is one of THE luckiest tennis players ever to have played the game. It's never mentioned that she rose near to the top when all the injuries began to plague the women's top players in 2003.

Granted she took full advantage of the situation, and it's not really her fault the tour had gone the way it has since June of 2003.

But I sincerely doubt she would be where she is right now if the Williams sisters, the Belgians and Capriati and Davenport had not suffered so many injuries that kept them off the tour and left them struggling to even return to the players they were.

Now don't get me wrong, I applaud Myskina for working harder and being able to find her best success on tour since the Fall of 2003.

But I really want to see what she is made of once EVERYBODY on tour is fully healthy and back on tour fulltime.

Than let's see what she is REALLY made of and then we can start singing the praises if whether or not she is the "best tactition," "the craftiest player since Hingis," and "the most exciting tennis player to watch."

Joana
Dec 1st, 2004, 08:52 PM
All I am saying is when she is playing well, she is absolutely brilliant and a true joy to watch.

sartrista7
Dec 1st, 2004, 08:52 PM
But I really want to see what she is made of once EVERYBODY on tour is fully healthy and back on tour fulltime.

Yes, all the evidence says that this is going to happen any time soon :lol:

You come across as someone who is basing their opinion of Myskina on one match, and who cannot get over the fact that the status quo in tennis is no more.

Frank Riley
Dec 1st, 2004, 08:53 PM
And what players do not take advantage when other players are hurt. lets face it no one stays at the top very long. Hingis, Serena, Venus, Clijsters, Henin all of them came and went so stop crying over spilled milk, right now Myskina is one of the best and most exciting.

Jakeev
Dec 1st, 2004, 08:54 PM
Yes, all the evidence says that this is going to happen any time soon :lol:

You come across as someone who is basing their opinion of Myskina on one match, and who cannot get over the fact that the status quo in tennis is no more.
Wrong I'm basing my opinion on the facts of what she has accomplished since October of 2003 until now and in the manner in how she has been able to find success and rise in the rankings.

Moreover, on the ridiculous threads that people have been writing about her.......

Jakeev
Dec 1st, 2004, 08:55 PM
And what players do not take advantage when other players are hurt. lets face it no one stays at the top very long. Hingis, Serena, Venus, Clijsters, Henin all of them came and went so stop crying over spilled milk, right now Myskina is one of the best and most exciting.
Again if you say so. You are entitled to your opinion.........

Crazy Canuck
Dec 1st, 2004, 08:56 PM
Gee, I wonder why Myskina got to be the lucky chosen one and not say, Suarez or just about anybody else. I guess Myskina just prayed a lot :angel:

sartrista7
Dec 1st, 2004, 08:56 PM
Wrong I'm basing my opinion on the facts of what she has accomplished since October of 2003 until now and in the manner in how she has been able to find success and rise in the rankings.

Moreover, on the ridiculous threads that people have been writing about her.......

Ah, you're basing your opinion on results and statistics rather than actually watching her play. That explains it :lol:

Also, this is eerily reminiscent of what people used to say about Justine and Kim :lol:

sartrista7
Dec 1st, 2004, 08:57 PM
Gee, I wonder why Myskina got to be the lucky chosen one and not say, Suarez or just about anybody else. I guess Myskina just prayed a lot :angel:

Ha - ironically enough, look at Paola's draws in the Slams this year. If anyone on the WTA Tour has had a horseshoe up their ass this year it's been her ;)

Crazy Canuck
Dec 1st, 2004, 08:57 PM
People were still saying it about Justine until about midpoint this year :lol: After she came back and won Athens most of the "Justine is just lucky!" comments died a horrible death.

Joana
Dec 1st, 2004, 08:58 PM
People were still saying it about Justine until about midpoint this year :lol: After she came back and won Athens most of the "Justine is just lucky!" comments died a horrible death.
But that was because she was taking steroids, remember?

raquel
Dec 1st, 2004, 08:59 PM
Granted she took full advantage of the situation, and it's not really her fault the tour had gone the way it has since June of 2003.

But I sincerely doubt she would be where she is right now if the Williams sisters, the Belgians and Capriati and Davenport had not suffered so many injuries that kept them off the tour and left them struggling to even return to the players they were.

Davenport was healthy in Moscow and L.A, Henin was healthy in Leipzig last year, Venus Williams was healthy at RG and on a good clay court streak and Jennifer Capriati was healthy at RG as well. When you say she took advantage it's not like all these players were hobbling around injured during those matches.

sartrista7
Dec 1st, 2004, 08:59 PM
But that was because she was taking steroids, remember?

And remember that she's still 1-7 against Venus or whatever. Clearly the inferior player, the rankings are LYING.

WTAaddict
Dec 1st, 2004, 09:09 PM
And remember that she's still 1-7 against Venus or whatever. Clearly the inferior player, the rankings are LYING.

When did they last meet????

AlexB
Dec 1st, 2004, 09:10 PM
but aren't injuries part of the game? and what if myskina gets hurt next year , does that mean the people thta take her spot don't deserve it either....injuries or not you still have top produce...also even if all the players come back healthy the only 3 that can potentially surpass her are serena, kim and justine...WORST case senario she still is in the top ten (not too bad)..also why should anyplayer get penalized for someone else'e injuries and rushing back too fast like kim and justine did? but we do agree on one thing: i hope all the players stay healthy in 2005 thats for sure

Joana
Dec 1st, 2004, 09:11 PM
When did they last meet????
:silly:

harloo
Dec 1st, 2004, 09:11 PM
Myskina ain't exciting to watch, but whatever criticism is thrown her way, she is still able to beat the top players on any given day. She nearly beat Justine in Athens, and won the FO beating Capriati, and the the Queen:sad: . I don't think Skina is a great player, she's just a damn good steady player that can defeat any big babe if they are not on.

I am sick of the posts about how she is the most crafty since Hingis. Pluzzeee!! I just don't agree with that at all, but I will say that she works with what she has and knows how to win which is a great asset. She has won the FO and a tier I, so it's safe to say that she is doing something right.

WTAaddict
Dec 1st, 2004, 09:13 PM

they only met 3 times in their career, Venus leading 2:1

2002 DUBAI HARD (O) Q V. WILLIAMS 6-0 3-6 6-4
2/1 2002 AMELIA ISLAND CLAY (O) R16 V. WILLIAMS 6-4 7-6(5)
9/4 2004 FRENCH OPEN CLAY (O) Q A. MYSKINA 6-3 6-4

The last time Venus beat Myskina was 2002 and both of them, myskina was rank outside 30( 33 and 47). both of them also were hard fought match.

While Myskina just beat her rescently in straight sets. and also Myskina won slam this year and venus did'nt even reach quarters of any GS.

SO WHOS INFERIOR??

Martian Willow
Dec 1st, 2004, 09:17 PM
And the more she practises, the luckier she gets. Keep practising Nastya!!!

DEETHELICK
Dec 1st, 2004, 09:27 PM
I thought the same initially. However her game this year has truly blossomed. Her court coverage is superb and enables her to track down a lot of balls. She does anticipate really well and reads the game.

She can really mix her shots. And angles. And she can really hit the ball hard when required.

I wouldn't say she constructs a point as well as Hingis, but she sure does know how to move the ball around the court in response to her opponent.

I think she is a legit Top 5 player. :)

¤CharlDa¤
Dec 1st, 2004, 09:31 PM
I agree with you Jakeev..though I think she is a very consistent player that can beat anybody on a good day, but can she really dominate with a game that becomes rapidly defensive?

sartrista7
Dec 1st, 2004, 09:35 PM
:retard: at everyone saying that Nastya is 'consistent' or 'steady'. Those are the last things she is. She's one of the streakiest players on tour.

And she is not a purely defensive player, though she sometimes plays like one. Much of the time she is very aggressive.

sartrista7
Dec 1st, 2004, 09:36 PM
Hey Joy! :wavey: Great to see you again :kiss:

TonyP
Dec 1st, 2004, 09:40 PM
You cannot ignore what Myskina just accomplished in Fed Cup. How many players have we seen, from Mauresmo to Lleyton Hewitt, who have crumbled at home in big matches?

Myskina literally picked the Russian team up on her skinny shoulders and carried it to victory.

She has had a remarkable year and must now surely be an equal contender, with Justine and Maria, for player of the year. Each of these women now has two big victories this year. And Myskina ends the year with the highest ranking of the three.

Myskina is a very talented player who, in the middle of the big babe, power tennis era, proves that something besides power can win the big tournaments.

sartrista7
Dec 1st, 2004, 09:48 PM
Hey Boo:wavey: :kiss: been busy travelling for work, not to mention that this board is now taken over by a bunch of fucktards, so i can't be bothered too much even when I get a break. But glad to see you around again too, so now when i do visit, I will at least see one intelligent post:)

Oh I'm with you on the board, it's awful now and I'll hardly be around due to having a proper job and stuff now. Except I currently work from home... but then it's not even very tempting any more. I'll PM you when I have time :kiss:

AlexB
Dec 1st, 2004, 09:48 PM
:retard: at everyone saying that Nastya is 'consistent' or 'steady'. Those are the last things she is. She's one of the streakiest players on tour.

And she is not a purely defensive player, though she sometimes plays like one. Much of the time she is very aggressive.

that streaky part even during the match itself, if your a fan like me, sure doesn't help my heart any LOL
shees tennis' version of the "Cardiac Kid"

at least she wins more than my baseball team

faboozadoo15
Dec 1st, 2004, 09:51 PM
you can think that she's an opportunist... but what great player isn't?
personally, i don't think you can call someone like myskina overrated. if you look at the definition of overrated, you have to be rated highly in order for it to work. let's face it, most people overlook myskina and just mention her as someone who could win if people don't play well... that certainly isn't overrating her, that's stating fact. however, if someone called her one of the greatest players of all time or said that her french open run was truly glorious from start to finish-- THEN, she would be overrated.

sartrista7
Dec 1st, 2004, 09:52 PM
that streaky part even during the match itself, if your a fan like me, sure doesn't help my heart any LOL
shees tennis' version of the "Cardiac Kid"

at least she wins more than my baseball team

During matches? She does it during games, points even. Retarded shot choice which gets nailed by the opponent, Nastya looking distressed, then she pulls a stunning winner out of her ass. Sometimes the other way round :o

harloo
Dec 1st, 2004, 09:56 PM

Hell, she was consitent enough to win the FO which is something that Hingis could not do. I don't believe she will dominate because her retrieving game will never be enough to counter the attacks of the big babes on hard, or grass.

Look, I don't even like Myskina really but if anyone wins a slam regardless of how I feel about them then I have to give them some credit.;)

Knizzle
Dec 1st, 2004, 09:58 PM

The last time Venus beat Myskina was 2002 and both of them, myskina was rank outside 30( 33 and 47). both of them also were hard fought match.

While Myskina just beat her rescently in straight sets. and also Myskina won slam this year and venus did'nt even reach quarters of any GS.

SO WHOS INFERIOR??
He's talking about Justine, but Myskina is definitely "inferior" to Venus if you want to use those terms.

DA FOREHAND
Dec 1st, 2004, 10:00 PM
Really well Monica Seles was destined to rule the tennis world for 14 straight years winning at least 3 slams a year!!! SO THERE! :rolleyes: :tape: :lol: :wavey: :angel:

harloo
Dec 1st, 2004, 10:02 PM
Harloo- let me ask you- since when did having a nice game or variety or having the ability to play exciting tennis become synonomous with winning a Tier I or a Slam or winning period:confused: i.e. See Amelie- and that isn't to knock her but she hasn't won a slam yet but her tennis is exciting to watch and she has variety, oui?

Hi Joy!:wavey:

I was just responding to someone who said that Myskina was an exciting player, and I just disagree with that notion. Maybe I should of created a seperate paragraph to explain why I don't find her game appealing. It was my mistake.;)

Having a nice game and variety are synonomous with winning a tier I or Slam. I do agree that playing exciting tennis has nothing to do with winning. All of the slam winners have proven that fact by winning alot of one sided matches in big tournaments.

slydevil6142
Dec 1st, 2004, 10:03 PM

SO WHOS INFERIOR??
Whos been number 1 and has 4 grand slam titles?? I think Myskina is a really good player but in now way is Venus inferior to her.

JLDementieva
Dec 1st, 2004, 10:06 PM
I really don't see how Myskina can be overrated, if anything, she is underrated.

Volcana
Dec 1st, 2004, 10:06 PM
Of course ...
You know I am one that respects and enjoys all the women that play the game on the WTA tour. But after reading all the hoopla over Maria Sharapova, all I have to say is that she is absolutely the most overrated as a tennis player.

As far as I am concerned, Sharapova is one of THE luckiest tennis players ever to have played the game. It's never mentioned that she rose near to the top when all the injuries began to plague the women's top players in 2003.

Now don't get me wrong, I applaud Sharapova for working harder and being able to find her best success on tour since the Fall of 2003.

Than let's see what she is REALLY made of and then we can start singing the praises if whether or not she is the "best tactition," "the craftiest player since Hingis," and "the most exciting tennis player to watch."You know I am one that respects and enjoys all the women that play the game on the WTA tour. But after reading all the hoopla over Svetlana Kuznetsova, all I have to say is that she is absolutely the most overrated as a tennis player.

As far as I am concerned, Kuznetsova is one of THE luckiest tennis players ever to have played the game. It's never mentioned that she rose near to the top when all the injuries began to plague the women's top players in 2003.

Now don't get me wrong, I applaud Kuznetsova for working harder and being able to find her best success on tour since the Fall of 2003.

Than let's see what she is REALLY made of and then we can start singing the praises if whether or not she is the "best tactition," "the craftiest player since Hingis," and "the most exciting tennis player to watch."

Farina Elia Fan
Dec 1st, 2004, 10:07 PM
Ha - ironically enough, look at Paola's draws in the Slams this year. If anyone on the WTA Tour has had a horseshoe up their ass this year it's been her ;)

i agree 200%

vertigo
Dec 1st, 2004, 10:09 PM
Yep. All credit to her with her form throughout the Fed Cup. It'll be interesting to see if she can keep it up next year and maybe defend her RG title. I am not really a Myskina supporter and find the comparison to Hingis dubious, and they make her look 'overated' as a player. Give her a few years and maybe she'll surprise even me...

faboozadoo15
Dec 1st, 2004, 10:21 PM
Really well Monica Seles was destined to rule the tennis world for 14 straight years winning at least 3 slams a year!!! SO THERE! :rolleyes: :tape: :lol: :wavey: :angel:
:rolleyes: what does this have to do with anything? and btw, knowing that that is not your true opinion, who has ever said that? it's odd how you consistently drag monica into threads to try to stir up trouble. no REAL monica fan would ever say such a thing, it's just not senseless. all most seles fans will say is that monica was clearly dominating the grand slams and certainly not letting up. monica in 93 was number one, about to attempt to win her FOURTH staight french open, do better than finalist at wimbledon, win her THIRD straight us open crown, win her FOURTH straight Chase championship title, and in 94 she would have been going for FOUR straight aus titles.

DA FOREHAND
Dec 1st, 2004, 10:25 PM
:rolleyes: what does this have to do with anything? and btw, knowing that that is not your true opinion, who has ever said that? it's odd how you consistently drag monica into threads to try to stir up trouble. no REAL monica fan would ever say such a thing, it's just not senseless. all most seles fans will say is that monica was clearly dominating the grand slams and certainly not letting up. monica in 93 was number one, about to attempt to win her FOURTH staight french open, do better than finalist at wimbledon, win her THIRD straight us open crown, win her FOURTH straight Chase championship title, and in 94 she would have been going for FOUR straight aus titles.
Oh really? If I cared enough I'd go through and pull several post where as much is suggested. Now fix ya face

mashenka best 1
Dec 1st, 2004, 10:31 PM
myskina is a very good counterpuncher

her serve is a kinda weapon at times.. it is so hard for opponents to expect what comes next... very unnerving

but she is not in any way the russian number one (in my discerning eyes!)

computer rankings CAN lie... believe it or not

faboozadoo15
Dec 1st, 2004, 10:31 PM
Oh really? If I cared enough I'd go through and pull several post where as much is suggested. Now fix ya face
i said "real seles fans." every player has their group of posters who troll around posting crazy things about them.

DA FOREHAND
Dec 1st, 2004, 10:33 PM
i said "real seles fans." every player has their group of posters who troll around posting crazy things about them.

Thanks for clearing that up, now can you tell us who Maria's real fans are, it's hard to distinguish between the pimply face boys w/a crush, the wagon jumpers, the old skeezers, and those who actually thinks she's a great tennis player.

mashenka best 1
Dec 1st, 2004, 10:34 PM
i'm of the latter camp....big forehand poster!

Martian KC
Dec 1st, 2004, 10:35 PM
You know I am one that respects and enjoys all the women that play the game on the WTA tour. But after reading all the hoopla over Maria Sharapova, all I have to say is that she is absolutely the most overrated as a tennis player.

As far as I am concerned, Sharapova is one of THE luckiest tennis players ever to have played the game. It's never mentioned that she rose near to the top when all the injuries began to plague the women's top players in 2003.

Now don't get me wrong, I applaud Sharapova for working harder and being able to find her best success on tour since the Fall of 2003.

I'll take this one. Thank you!:wavey:

Spunky83
Dec 1st, 2004, 10:46 PM
God, it was about time that someone started this kind of thread!!! :rolleyes:

We already know that her opponents always hand her the win...every time someone plays against Nastya they are injured, just 20%, had a bad day...

She won matches against Justine, trashed the real top players like Venus, J-Cap, Elena D, Masha...won against the current no. 1 Lindz in their last two meetings in straight sets. WOW...if that is just pure luck...I wanna have that kind of luck too!!!

You know...you´re right, most of the times Nastya wins against someone, the opponent hit lots of unforced errors, but did it ever occure to you that maybe, just maybe Nastya forced her opponents to do these errors due to Nastya´s own game? She just runs down every ball and manages to keep getting the ball back...opponent starts to freak out and lose patience, hence hitting a stupid mistake. Could that maybe be a reason?

Well, I don´t care...I just hope that she will reach number one with all the best "luck" in the world. If it´s just luck, she can be number one for years to come! Lucky Nastya, non-lucky opponents. :o

starr
Dec 1st, 2004, 10:50 PM
Thanks for clearing that up, now can you tell us who Maria's real fans are, it's hard to distinguish between the pimply face boys w/a crush, the wagon jumpers, the old skeezers, and those who actually thinks she's a great tennis player.
Yeah. I know what you mean. Same with the Williams fans.

fammmmedspin
Dec 1st, 2004, 11:20 PM
You know I am one that respects and enjoys all the women that play the game on the WTA tour. But after reading all the hoopla over Anastasia Myskina, all I have to say is that she is absolutely the most overrated as a tennis player.

As far as I am concerned, Myskina is one of THE luckiest tennis players ever to have played the game. It's never mentioned that she rose near to the top when all the injuries began to plague the women's top players in 2003.

Now don't get me wrong, I applaud Myskina for working harder and being able to find her best success on tour since the Fall of 2003.

You could argue the same about everyone who followed Graf (or indeed anyone who followed someone you liked)

It might be that Serena or the Belgians (or any Belgian) or even Venus will resume their domination. It might however be the case that they are all passing their expiry dates through over exertion, resultant injury, lack of any remaining motivation or sheer bad luck. You can't tell how well today's top 6 would play against yesterday's top 4 at their old best because in your own terms the old four are not playing at this historic level and you never saw them play the current top 6 at their current level. Time will tell - though 2005 suggested the guard was well on its way to changing and the rest of the tour was catching up as well.. If the old top 4 don't return to the top it means that anyone who comes next would fall into your lucky category.

Don't know why I would single Myskina out in that situation. She can beat Llindsay who holds the number 1 spot and who must be even luckier on your definition. She also has the H2H easily over her young Russian pretenders who also must logically be luckier. Not even sure sure your basic premise that the game has got worse either. You could argue that Nastya, Maria and Sveta in many ways have better all court games, better technique and are physically more suited to the game than some of the previous top players they might replace.

AnDyDog621
Dec 1st, 2004, 11:54 PM
HAHAHAHA, its sooo funnie, After she won RG, she was still underrated, and now after she won Fed Cup, she is now overrated...omg, im sooo glad im here to witness the turnaround.... hahahahaha

WorldWar24
Dec 2nd, 2004, 01:02 AM

it's TACTICIAN not tactition :)

She isn't no3 now coz the others are injured. You don't know anything about Myskina, otherwise you'd know she always had huge potential, but she had a career threatening injury a few years ago, when she almost had to QUIT tennis. So don't talk crap about her breakthrough coming when the others were injured coz she should have had her breakthrough years ago.

mashenka best 1
Dec 2nd, 2004, 01:06 AM
i respect myskina's game...

but i saw her lose easily to mauresmo at wimbledon

so on grass.. maybe her skills are exposed as not quite elite..

can't be certain yet tho

Pureracket
Dec 2nd, 2004, 01:12 AM
Yeah. I know what you mean. Same with the Williams fans.. . . and the #1 Williams (fan) hater rears her old head.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doc
Dec 2nd, 2004, 01:58 AM
Myskina is a good counterpuncher and tactical player, and has had some fairly good results this autumn. But she still has a very poor head-to-head against players like Davenport, Serena, Venus, Kim and Justine, and has a history of being creamed by power players who can hit through her.

On the pro side, she's beefed up her first serve a little recently, but her second still waits to be attacked. Her fed Cup matches against Golovin and...er... who-was-it again? .., are hardly evidence that she is the dominant force in tennis, as some have been posting here.

bandabou
Dec 2nd, 2004, 02:51 AM
You could argue that Nastya, Maria and Sveta in many ways have better all court games, better technique and are physically more suited to the game than some of the previous top players they might replace.

Really? Mind to specify?

Sharapower
Dec 2nd, 2004, 06:23 AM
Myskina is a very good player and belongs to the Top 8 at least. Actually she's #3 because she won RG : she played great there, she was hungry for it and luck helped as well. She's very respectable as far as game is concerned.
The comparison with Hingis is exaggerated, Hingis was a far more complete player, Myskina is far more a defensive player than Hingis was.
I used to like Myskina very much but her bitching against Sharapova and the way she's considering herself as the Tsarina of Russia disappointed me. She has the game of a champion but not the behavior. She caught the big head in a few months.

WTAaddict
Dec 2nd, 2004, 06:40 AM
He's talking about Justine, but Myskina is definitely "inferior" to Venus if you want to use those terms.

Maybe before but not anymore!!!!! 2004 results explains it!!!

WTAaddict
Dec 2nd, 2004, 06:44 AM
Whos been number 1 and has 4 grand slam titles?? I think Myskina is a really good player but in now way is Venus inferior to her.

Are'nt we talking about rescent results???
The first subject was Myskina being overrated, and I dont agrre with it, coz her court performance for 2004 explains it. While Venus on the other hand is way below Myskina's performance in 2004 and now considered superior to her?

Career wise, yeah, she is still inferior to Venus, but she just started her noise this year.

Experimentee
Dec 2nd, 2004, 02:58 PM
I agree completely. It seems Myskina is really overrated by a lot of people. She is not the best tactician or best since Hingis, her game is really based on being a good retriever and getting the ball back into play. I base that on seeing her play many times over the last two years or so. I dont think she would have reached #3 in the world if the Williams sisters and the Belgians hadnt been injured.

moby
Dec 2nd, 2004, 03:03 PM
HAHAHAHA, its sooo funnie, After she won RG, she was still underrated, and now after she won Fed Cup, she is now overrated...omg, im sooo glad im here to witness the turnaround.... hahahahaha
no, she's still underrated
having the general public think that she is overrated SHOWS that she's underrated

goldenlox
Dec 2nd, 2004, 04:22 PM
Anastasia has improved in each year of her career. She's very motivated to be world #1.
She has been the Russian #1 for 3 straight years.

AnDyDog621
Dec 2nd, 2004, 07:40 PM
having the general public think that she is overrated SHOWS that she's underrated
well back then she was underrated cause no one knew about her that much....so i guess its a different underrated then, hahaha

Spunky83
Dec 2nd, 2004, 07:45 PM

:lol: This is a great one! :worship:

Serena Sharapova
Dec 3rd, 2004, 01:17 PM

Isn't that a bit like saying that all the players that won slam titles last year were lucky, and benefited from others misfortunes?

Capriati didn't look injured when Myskina stuffed her at RG. :confused:

UDiTY
Dec 3rd, 2004, 01:42 PM
Myskina is not overrated. I agree she has been played up alot since her fed cup victories, but she is not overrated.

Saying that if all the players were healthy she would have no chance, is like saying Hingis didn't have any chance in 1999-2001 against the power players. Myskina's game makes other players lose theirs.

Venus played horribly in their QF at RG, but I admit Myskina played very steady and Venus collapsed. Same against Jennifer, except I think that match was more of Myskina not letting Jennifer have anything.

She beat Justine a couple months after her U.S. Open win, she has given Clijsters all sorts of trouble, beaten Venus at the FO, took Serena to 3 sets(and should've won), beat Amelie indoors in '03, beat Lindsay twice indoors this year, and she has dominated the Russians except for her loss to Maria at this years YEC(again should've won.) Saying she is just getting "lucky" and that her success is because she has taken advantage of other players' injuries is just :retard:

Duramont
Dec 3rd, 2004, 04:42 PM
All I am saying is when she is playing well, she is absolutely brilliant and a true joy to watch.

That is a word Joana! :bounce:

PS: Why are so many trying to sully success people in the last weeks (first it was Mauresmo, than Sharapova and Serena Williams... and now Myskina!)? Certainly because they are jealous of the girls success! :tape:

I will no longer answer to any of these hate threats!!! I'm getting rid of these threads! I have favourites and less favourites, but I hate nobody. So please stop these threats or just don't answer in order to make this forum what it once was!

JCF
Dec 3rd, 2004, 06:56 PM

Listen to yourself!!!!!! Do you even know what you're talking about. According to you every single player in the past few years has been lucky cos others have been out through injury. I guess Henin, Serena, Hingis and a whole bunch of others were lucky as the top players at the time were out injured.

How is she the luckiest player ever!!!!! She had no luck in winning the FO she totally deserved her victory. Wow, some people have no idea about tennis talent.

Jakeev
Dec 3rd, 2004, 07:00 PM
Listen to yourself!!!!!! Do you even know what you're talking about. According to you every single player in the past few years has been lucky cos others have been out through injury. I guess Henin, Serena, Hingis and a whole bunch of others were lucky as the top players at the time were out injured.

How is she the luckiest player ever!!!!! She had no luck in winning the FO she totally deserved her victory. Wow, some people have no idea about tennis talent.
Well since your obviously do not pay attention to women's tennis, know anything about the game itself and the women who compete in the sport, how would you know what I am talking about?

JCF
Dec 3rd, 2004, 07:03 PM
Well since your obviously do not pay attention to women's tennis, know anything about the game itself and the women who compete in the sport, how would you know what I am talking about?
Whatever!!!!! You haven't even given a reason why she is overrated, just that she's lucky (again no reasons when/where), and you don't seem to have much to argument. Saying she is lucky because others are injured is pretty stupid considering on the tour most players are injured alot of the time.

Jakeev
Dec 4th, 2004, 09:56 AM
Whatever!!!!! You haven't even given a reason why she is overrated, just that she's lucky (again no reasons when/where), and you don't seem to have much to argument. Saying she is lucky because others are injured is pretty stupid considering on the tour most players are injured alot of the time.
I did give my reasons.......pay attention knumbskull...........

Experimentee
Dec 4th, 2004, 01:06 PM
Saying that if all the players were healthy she would have no chance, is like saying Hingis didn't have any chance in 1999-2001 against the power players. Myskina's game makes other players lose theirs.

Except that Hingis' game in that period was a lot better than Myskina's will ever be.
I dont get these comparisons at all. This is why people think Myskina is overrated, every time people talk about her they make some sort of comparison to Hingis.